Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• In looking at your deal on the previous pages, it seems like you got a more expensive version of the Murano for a lower total cost.
  • I would recommend that you keep the Highlander. Your lease payment increases by $65.00 a month just to pay off your existing lease. If you do not want to wait the 6 months,at least wait another 3 or 4 months. The only way it would make sense to turn in your Highlander now would be if you were over your mileage. Good luck in what ever to decide to do.
  • rpdrpdrpdrpd Posts: 36
    I am ready to pick up my Murano (see post from 3 weeks ago). I see there is a $1000 rebate for February, but the dealer tells me this does not apply to lease customers. Is this true?

Also, any info on current lease factor?

I am seeing Muranos here being had at less than invoice, but my dealer won't go below invoice.
  • My husband and I were offered the following deal and would like to know your opinion...

07 Murano SL
    MSRP 34000
    Zero Down
    12K/yr
    325/mon
    39 Month Lease
    Residual 15K
  • emc17emc17 Posts: 26
    Thank you. That's exact what I am going to do. Appreciate your response.
  • Hello, this is my first message. I am in the process of looking into purchasing a new Nissan Murano. I've fallen in love with these vehicles. If anyone has purchased a new Murano in the area of Omaha (Nebraska) let me know what kind of deals are out there. I am looking for a 07 Murano SL AWD with the touring package, and possibly the DVD entertainment for the rear. Thanks for all of your help.
  • EMC17,

Mine didn't include taxes- I put down 3k. 379.97 a/mth was a sweet deal. I love my truck! :P
  • emc17emc17 Posts: 26
    So, your monthly payment is $379.97 + sales tax?
  • Thanks for the additional information, pidoublet. OK, so you're interested in leasing a 2006 Nissan Murano SE that has an MSRP of $39,750 and a selling price of $34,279. This truck has a spread of around $2,400 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add the $500 lease cash that is currently available on it to that and you have a total of around $2,900 to play with. You were quoted a discount of $5,400 on this truck. If you can actually get one for that low a price, you are getting an outstanding deal. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses Nissan's 39 month current buy rate lease money factor of .00023 to calculate your lease payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings Larry. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current Murano lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Some very knowledgeable community members frequent that discussion and they are often kind enough to give others their opinion on vehicles' values. Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • You're very welcome, rpdrpd. Let me know if you have any questions about this truck's February programs.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi emc17. The Nissan dealer that you are working with cannot make your Highlander's six remaining payments magically disappear. They only way they can get you out of your current lease early is to purchase your leased vehicle from the bank that you are leasing it through or make your remaining lease payments. Either way, it is likely going to cost money to break your lease now. This money is going to cut into your ability to get a good deal on your new Murano. You will likely be much better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your current lease to get something new.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings langcid. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

I see that you are considering trading in your current vehicle when you lease your new one. There's nothing wrong with doing so, but it would be in your best interest to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for any equity that you have in your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease.

I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal, but in order for me to do so it would be a big help if you would provide me with this Murano's selling price first. This is a very important number for you as a consumer to know anyhow because the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Yes Car_man, I am very interested in hearing about the February particulars on the Murano. Thanks.
  • I just got this quote from a local dealer here in Houston. This is cut and pasted right from their email...

HI......HERE'S THE INFO YOU REQUESTED....

07 MURANO SL WITH :
    LEATHER/SUNROOF PKG
    CARGO PROTECTOR
    ROOF RAIL CROSSBARS
    SPLASH GUARDS
    SUNROOF WIND DEFLECTOR

MSRP...................................34080
    INVOICE/SALES PRICE....................31117

15K MILES PER YEAR

MONEY FACTOR WITH NO SECURITY DEPOSIT .00067

WITH ZERO MONEY OUT OF POCKET

PMT IS 458 FOR 38 MONTHS

IF YOU WANT TO PAY THE UP FRONT FEES.....

600 OUT OF POCKET....

PMT IS 444 FOR 38 MONTHS

WE HAVE MANY COLORS IN STOCK....

LET ME KNOW IF I CAN DO ANYTHING ELSE...

Seems good but I believe the money factor is too high, please let me know what you think! I would be willing to pay the security deposit if it would reduce the money factor.
    Thanks
  • Hi rpdrpd. Unfortunately, what the dealer you are working with told you is correct. The $1,000 customer cash that is currently available on the Nissan Murano is not compatible with its special lease program. NMAC's current 39 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2007 Murano SL AWD are .00052 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Welcome kenziezach. I would be happy to give you an idea of what sort of lease payment you can expect to pay on the Murano that you want. In order for me to do so I need some information from your first. This info includes the MSRP and approximate selling price of the exact Murano that you want as well as how long you want to lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. You can find this truck's MSRP by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. You should be able to get a good idea of how much you should pay for it by visiting the following discussion: "Nissan Murano: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Let me know what these numbers are and I'll work up a sample lease payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi hertz555. As you suspected, the reason why the money factor for this deal is slightly higher than the lowest possible factor for this truck is that this deal includes a waived security deposit. On vehicles that it is not running a special security deposit waiver program on, NMAC increases the money factors of vehicles with waived deposits by .00015. If you pay one on this deal, the money factor that is used to calculate your monthly payment should drop to .00052.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    New Jersey

2007 Murano SL AWD w/Touring Pack (no GPS or DVD)
    39 month lease w/15k per year.
    MSRP: 36,820
    Invoice: 33,568
    LEV%: 50%
    LEV: 18,410
    Selling Price: 33,568
    Acq Fee: 550
    Factor: 0.00052
    Payment: 460.80

Out-the-door:
    1st pymt 460.80
    Sec Dep 0.00
    DMV Fees 307.50
    Total 768.30

Got the Murano at invoice, no security deposit.

Thank you car_man and everyone else for your help.
  • Hi, I'm currently looking to lease a 2007 Murano SL w/ Touring and Navigation, but I'm new to the leasing process and would appreciate any advice provided!

This is the quote I've been given from a local dealer (So. Cal):

2007 MURANO SL FWD SUV CVT

BW9-G
    MIDNIGHT BLUE, CHARCOAL

Invoice MSRP
    BASE $26,945 $29,300

CGO $59 $80
    CARGO AREA PROTEC
    FLO $69 $90
    FLOOR MATS
    NAV $1,561 $1,800
    NAVIGATION SYSTEM
    TR5 $4,381 $5,050
    SL TOUR PKG-XM SA
    WDF $61 $90
    SUNROOF WIND DEFL
    50S $0 $0
    50 STATE EMISSION
    Freight Charge $650 $650
    Total $33,726 $37,060

Your price is $34,026. Your lease pricing with $2,500 drive off is $385 plus tax for 39 months.

EDIT: No mileage was mentioned, but I assume 12k/yr.

I've read through the last several pages here to get a general sense of the current leasing prices, but would still appreciate anyone's input on if this is a deal worth pursuing.

Thanks in advance for the help!
  • ymflymfl Posts: 10
    I'm ready to make the lease deal 28062.00 ($4000 down) 286.00 monthly for 39 months. 12,000 miles
    Is this good - :confuse:
  • whitallwhitall Posts: 187
    no. Why do you want to put 4000 down on a lease? Remember, if anything happens to the car, you are probably out the 4,000. If you were purchasing it would make sense to have sucha down payment. I got snookered into 2000 down, but much of that did end of going toward fees and stuff. I'm sure somebody here will explain it to you. Meanwhile, ask the dealer what your payment would be with the minimum down (first payment and fees). Put the rest of it in a money market account (ING direct has good interest) and earn up to 5% interest.
  • ymflymfl Posts: 10
    The reason for the large down was to bring the monthly under $300. Thanks. :confuse:
  • So put the $4000 in a money market account and take out $100 a month form the MMA and you accomplish the same thing without risking your $4000 down payment.
  • Hi, I posted a lease quote given to me above to see if anyone could give me feedback about how good of a deal it is. I've since contacted another dealership who offered me this:

Murano SL FWD w/ Touring, Navigation Packages
    39 month, 15k/year, $2500 drive-off, inc. 1st month

MSRP: 37010, Cost: 32,206

Lease quote: 407 (inc. tax) / month

I'd appreciate any thoughts about this lease!

Thanks!
  • Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I am interested in an 07 Murano SL AWD with touring package, and navigation. I ran the information through the New Vehicle pricing section of Edmunds.com and came up with the following numbers.

Invoice Pricing on a 07 Murano SL AWD with touring package and navigation is $34,704

MSRP Pricing is $38,050.

I am looking to lease for 39 months and am looking for 15,000 miles per year, but 12,000 would be fine.

Thanks for all of your help.
  • Can anyone help me determine if this is a good deal on a Murano:

Sale Price: $29,000, including tax/lic
    Cash Down: $1500
    The dealer to payoff my trade-in at $2373
    15,000 miles

Residual is $16,573

Monthly payment = $370
  • i just leased a murano and wanted to see what folks thought of the deal.

i’m located in CT.

2007 Murano S AWD
    Convenience package, floor mats, splash guards, rear cargo mat, roof rail crossbars

39 month lease
    15k miles per year
    $2000 total out of pocket
    covered acquisition fee, 1st payment
    reg fees, dealer convoy fee, vin # etching
    no sec deposit, no last payment

sticker $31,270
    cap cost $27,499
    lease $299 + tax

interest .00052
    residual 52%

dealer said he leased me car at $1204 below invoice ($27,499) but i always find that hard to believe. I’m sure they are making $$ somewhere

let me know what you think of this deal and if you think it is really $1,204 under invoice...
  • Car Man or any of you leasing experts:

Can you negotiate a lower residual value?

I know that I will be over the allowed mileage so I plan on purchasing the vehicle for the residual value at the end of the lease. A lower residual value price will result in a lesser amount to finance at the end of the lease. With the low interest rate factors being offered (.00052 on the Murano =1.2%) as opposed to financing a used vehicle the increase in payments for the lower residual could be financed at the favorible lease rate.
  • Here's what Edmund's says on a car with the options you mention:

2007 Nissan Murano
    S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

MSRP: $31,270
    Invoice: $28,690
    What Others Are Paying: $30,634
This discussion has been closed.