Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• Yes> It includes Taxes and Tags
  • Does anyone know what credit score will qualify you for the Tier 0 or Tier 1 rating on the Murano leases?
  • terry92270terry92270 Posts: 1,247
    600+, I believe. One of the sales people or leasing people can help you more. Those rates are usually reserved for the very top 10% or so credit-wise. Meaning those who could care less. :P
  • I'm a total noob when it comes to leasing, so please go easy on me for what might be a stupid consideration...

...Does it make any kind of sense to consider leasing a Mo (as opposed to buying) if it will only 'see' about 6k miles/year?
  • Hi cocolo2k. A base 2007 Nissan Murano SL AWD has a spread of around $2,500 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You were quoted a discount of $2,860 on a well equipped one. this looks like a very good price to me. The money factor that you were told looks good to me as well. If you like this truck, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hey wayde. Nissan's lease program for the 2007 Murano varies depending upon the vehicle's trim level, the length of the lease, and its mileage allowance. Right now 39 months is by far the most attractive term for a lease of the 2007 Murano, so I'll provide you with the info for that term. For now I'll assume that you are interested in an '07 Murano S AWD. Let me know if you want a different model. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Murano S AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00129 and 54%, respectively. The residual value for an otherwise identical lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings rodsky77. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Let's take a look at the specific deal that you were quoted. The money factor that you were given is right in line with Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate for this model. This is always a good thing. You were also quoted a discount of $3,420 on this truck. Given the fact that a base 2006 Murano SL AWD only has a spread of $2,500 between its MSRP and dealer invoice price and the fact that Nissan is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this model, I'd say that this is a fantastic price. Overall I'd say this is a very good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Rrodsky77, it's always better not to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction, aka down payment, when leasing. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing them if their vehicles are totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi pvsurfer. If you only put 6,000 miles per year on your vehicles, you probably would end up wasting money by leasing a Murano. While some banks allow consumers to lease vehicles with 10,000 miles per year or less, the lowest mileage allowance that I have seen mentioned on Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp leases is 12,000 miles per year. If you were to lease a Murano with 12,000 miles per year you would be in essence be paying for twice as many miles than you will actually use.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Thanks Car_man... Are any leases (for any cars) ever written for very low (like 7000) miles/year?
  • hey car man, i have seen you are very knowledgeable and would like to ask you couple questions. I am looking into a 2007 murano sl FWD with leather package. The MSRP of this car 32990. They offered a sales price of 31,278. I think this is too high, and will go back with an offer for 30,544(invoice i think). By the way, I want to lease for whatever is the best program. They gave me a money factor of .00144 which is pretty good i think? The purchase option on the 39 month lease is 17634.70. This seems low. For your information, I will do a 12k mile lease. I am asking for your help in helping me come up with the best possible price that i should have in mind. I would also like to know the residuals for 36, 39, 42, and 48 months. From what ive read a cap reduction is frowned upon so i wont reduce the cap cost. Please reply back with some help. I want to lease this murano asap. Also, I do not care if i get the 2006 version with the same equipment but i thought it might be more expensive to do that due to depreciation. Help!!
  • Hi Guys,
    My wife just drove the S AWD today as we were thinking of buying the car but now are considering leasing.

We were offered 39mos/15k for an S AWD w/ an aftermarket moonroof for $415 with 2880 down at mil. factor of .00145. I didn't think was good at all and was annoyed as they weren't telling me what they were basing the cost of the car to make these numbers.

My questions are:

1. What should I expect I lease payment for this configeration to be?

2. What should a lease run on an 07 SL AWD with Touring Package?

3. If anyone has been happy working with a salesperson/dealer in NJ I would like any recommendations.

Thanks
    Mike
  • Hi everyone! I am a noob to this site and to leasing a new car as well. Can someone tell me what would be considered a good deal on a 36 month (12,000ml/yr)lease of a 2007 Murano SL (dealer price - $37,090). I am thinking $400-450 a month including tax. I am also thinking of putting $2000 down and trading in my $3000 car. I live in Pocatello, Idaho, but I am flexible to go out of state for a better deal. Any feedback will be appreciated.
  • whitallwhitall Posts: 187
    I was very happy with Turnersville Nissan, and also received a good price from Cherry Hill, though I never actually went to CHerrry Hill. Use the website and get an internet quote. It gives a good price and maybe you can get lower. Did you say you wanted an "S" with aftermarket sunroof? Seems like SL w/ sunroof in a package would be better, but I don't really know any prices anymore (got my 06 in July). My salesguy was known as "Hoss". He was one of the best car salespeople I've ever met. Probably the only one I've ever actually liked!
  • rpdrpdrpdrpd Posts: 36
    How's this?

2007 SL AWD
    MSRP: 36,820
    Invoice: 33,568
    Selling Price: 33,568
    Holdback: 2% of Invoice (671.36)
    Term: 39 mos
    Mileage: 15,000/yr
    LEV: 50%
    Acq Fee: 550
    Factor: 0.00052
    Due at start: 768.30 (1st pymt, dmv fee)
    Pymt: 460.80

I am thinking getting the vehicle at invoice with a pretty decent factor (0.00052 x 2400 = 1.248%) makes this a good deal. Or are there better deals on 06's?

Welcome your comments.
  • ejkcpaejkcpa Posts: 7
    How is this deal?
    2007 S AWD with Convenience package

Invoice price: 28,690
    Term: 39 mos
    Mileage: 12,000/yr

Residual Value $16,573
    Lease payment including sales tax, acq. fee with no money down. $383/mo

Sunroof after market will add $35/mo extra.
  • Sounds like a decent deal you got! I didn't get floor mats=(
    I got the Murano 2007 SL with the touring pkg - list 36,600-3k down-includes taxes- 39mth lease- 12k yr/miles- for 380.00 mth. He originally quoted me 389.00- I wanted 375.00 but after reading posts I had no idea what the residual is on it?? Stupid me...- that's key, he didn't tell me of course but overall I think I got a good deal. It's a beautiful car. The dealer is one of the best- It's my 2nd car from them :)
  • You're very welcome, pvsurfer. The lowest mileage allowance that I have seen for a lease through Nissan Motor acceptance Corp. is 12,000 miles per year. Many banks offer 10,000 mile per year leases on vehicles, but if NMAC does I have never seen it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi llcooln21. Dealer invoice is a pretty aggressive price for a 2007 Nissan Murano. I suspect that you will have to pay more like at least $500 over for one. You should be able to get an idea of how much one will cost by stopping by the following discussion and checking out the prices that other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: "Nissan Murano: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Here's what this truck's current lease program looks like. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Nissan Murano SL FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00052 and 51%, respectively. 39 months is by far the most attractive term for this vehicle. Make sure that this is the program that is used to calculate your truck's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi Mike. The Murano for the Murano that you are interested in will vary depending upon what its MSRP and selling price are. If you provide me with these numbers, I would be happy to use Nissan's actual current lease program to estimate what sort of lease payment you should expect.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.