Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• I believe that the Oct NMAC VPP residual on a 39 month, 15k Murano SL AWD is 54% and the money factor is 0.00074.

Unfortunately in IL Sales Tax is by law applicable on the entire selling price for a lease, plus there is a 2% Use Tax for those in Chicago, so as far as the tax goes, pretty much screwed! :cry:
  • sbuvelsbuvel Posts: 1
    I just leased a 2005 SL AWD, Touring Package+ w. MSRP of $35,940. Went to 3 different dealerships in area to broker the best deal. All 3 dealerships used Nissan Money Factor = 0.00074 and residual value of 54%. Negotiated purchase price of $31,580 (2nd best offer was $31,900), 39 months, 15K. I did have a trade-in of $2500 (a great deal b/c my car had 150k miles and was in need of serious service -- I was happy to unload it) so my monthly was brought down to $338/mo. All 3 dealerships were in southern New Jersey. Due to the trade-in, my numbers are skewed compared to others on this forum, but I still think I got a great deal and want to thank the people who have posted.
  • Hey there. I just read your post. Glad carman and I helped you out with your Murano deal! lol. Like you, I paid only my first monthly payment up front. You did great! Enjoy your new car. I love mine so far.

LindaW
  • Hello Todd. I am not sure what the market is like for the Nissan Murano in your area right now. You may be able to get a good idea of how much you will have to pay for this truck by visiting the following discussion: al63017, "Nissan Murano: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #, 26 Jan 2003 7:21 am. As far as the lease program for this model goes, if you were to lease a 2005 Murano SE AWD through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00059 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease should be .00067 and 51%. You can used this information, along with the selling price that you find out to calculate an approximate lease payment for the vehicle that you are interested in. I can calculate a lease payment for you to as long as you give me the selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • You're welcome Linda. Enjoy your Murano.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Chris. If you were to lease a 2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 42 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00067 and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '05 Murano S AWD should be .00067 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi nissanrocks. It would be a big help if you told me what the exact VPP price is for the exact model that you want as you want it equipped. Once I have this number I can tell you what sort of lease payment you can expect to pay.

Car_man
    Host
  • Wow, cagorm, congratulations on getting your Murano for below invoice. That is a heck of a good deal. Enjoy and thanks for taking the time to come back and let us all know how everything turned out.

Car_man
    Host
  • urburb Posts: 1
    I am looking at leasing a 2005 Murano S AWD + conv. package (MSRP $30,600). The initial price offered is $28,300 a little over invoice. Before I go back, I am trying to figure out what areas I can negotiate, like the fees associated with a lease (Acq., Doc., etc.). Are any of these negotiable? What has been your experience?

Urb
  • I am thinking of leasing a 2005 Murano SL AWD and here is the deal I have been offered:

MSRP - 35,940
    Sale - 32,361

3500 down
    39 months/12k miles/$343 a month.

Is this a good deal? Thanks for any insight.
  • I currently have the following deal on the table, but have not accepted yet: 2005 Murano SE AWD with Touring Package

MSRP - 36,500
    Sale - 34,500

2500 Down
    42 mo/15k miles/$400 a month

I'm also wondering if this is a good deal and wondering what the dealer is doing with the MF and Residual value? Does anyone else kno MF and RV% on this model in November? Thanks!
  • nj80nj80 Posts: 1
    hi car_man

looked @ 05 Murano SL AWD

MSRP 40210
    nissan lease 1999 down
    42mos/12K miles/398 mo.

is this deal ok? any help is greatly appreciated!!! :)
  • Car_Man,

I wanted to check and see if I got a good deal on a Murano lease. It is an SL AWD, MSRP = 35,680. The lease is for 42 months/17K miles a year. I going to put $4,000 down ($2500 towards cost reduction; $1500 to cover initial costs, registration, first month etc.). I will be paying $360/month. How does it sound? Thanks.

Jason
  • car_man,

The $360/month I gave in my last post includes all taxes.
  • Hi Urb. A little over dealer invoice is an excellent price for a leased Nissan Murano. The only other item that is sort of negotiable with your lease will be its money factor. I say sort of negotiable because dealers do not have the authority to lower banks' published lease money factors, however they are often allowed to mark them up to add additional hidden back-end profit to deals. If you let me know how long you are interested in leasing your Murano for I would be more than happy to tell you exactly what its money factor should be right now. The other fees that are normally associated with leases, like the security deposit and acquisition fee are not negotiable. You can usually have them waived in exchange for a slight increase in the money factor that is used to calculate your vehicle's lease payment though. The other fee that you mentioned, the doc fee, is not required and is completely up to the dealer that you are working with. Doc fees are really nothing more than a way for dealers to pad the profit of deals. Sure, there is some work involved in registering your vehicle for you and getting your plates, but many dealers charge doc fees that are just too high. You need to look at your deal on your Murano as a whole. If you feel as though they price that you are getting it for, including the doc fee, is less than or comparable to the price that you would have to pay at another dealer then don't worry about the fee.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello jasonp1. Assuming that the selling price that you mentioned is not after the deduction of your down payment, this is an excellent price for a Nissan Murano. The one thing about the deal that you mentioned that I don't like is the large down payment that you are making. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your Murano would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $3,500 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

I will estimate what this truck's lease payment should be for you using Nissan's current lease program and no down payment. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD with an MSRP of $35,940 and a selling price of $32,361 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $368.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings timmyrich1. Nissan's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month, 15,000 miles per year lease of a 2005 Murano SE AWD are .00050 and 51%, respectively. The selling price that you were quoted for this car is not as low as the ones mentioned in the previous two posts, but still reasonable at what I estimate to be around $500 over invoice. The one thing that I don't like about the deal is the $2,500 down payment that you are making on it. Take a look at my previous post for the reasons why I think it is not a good idea to make down payments on leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi nj80. You never mentioned the selling price of the Murano that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what the selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello Jason. You never mentioned the selling price of the truck that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the Murano that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what the selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
  • The selling price on the Murano is 32K. What do you think about the lease deal: (summary - 42 months / 17K miles; 4K down; 360/month including taxes). The 4K down includes all of the initial start up fees(1500) . Thanks.

Jason
  • I leased a 2004 sl awd with navigation in Oct of 2004. The Murano listed for 37900. I am paying $417.00 per month including NJ tax. I put NO MONEY DOWN. I walked out of the showroom with the car and paid my first months lease of 417.00. I leased for 42 months and 15000 miles per year. From what I have been reading it sounds like I got a good deal. Now is the time to lease a 2005
  • Thanks Car_Man...your input is very informative. I agreed to the SL AWD Touring pkg $400/mo payment 15,000 in mileage/year on a 42mo lease. The MF they used was .0005 with $18000 being placed on the residual. I also put down $3000 and still feel a bit jaded over the whole experience. My DOC fee was $399: is this high...little upset I didn't negotiate that, Love the Murano...but still feeling a bit jaded over the car shopping experience and that I could have gotten a better deal? Any consolations? Thanks again Car Man!
  • Car_Man,

I made a mistake in my previous post. THe selling price of the Murano is 33K. To summarize: its a 42 month lease/17K miles a year. The payment is 360/month tax inclusive (though I got suckered for the extended warranty which added an extra 17 on the day I leased it so its 377 now). I put 4K down (1500 for initial costs, 2500 for cost reduction). Let me know what you think.

Jason
  • Car_man,
    You seem to be real helpful around here, so I'd like to get some info from you. My wife and I are looking at trading in her 2004 VW jetta 1.8t for a 2005 Murano S AWD. We are hoping/assuming we should break even from what we owe to what it's worth. Her brother is a salesman for a local Nissan dealership, so we are hoping to get a pretty good lease deal. From what I gather here we SHOULD be able to get invoice from him as a selling price, since he works there and all. He's going to search for us at the moment to see if he can find a car in the area, but I was wondering what the money factor and residual is for a 2005 S AWD model for both a 39/42 month lease with 12k miles/year? Oh, and we are following your advice and are going to try and put nothing down for a down payment (just pay associated fees/first months payment) :) .

I calculated a payment using last month's money factor/residual but would like updated figures if you have them handy :) I'll report back when I get some initial numbers from him. Thanks in advance!
  • That sounds like a terrific deal, can you clarify one thing? Did you get to the $31580 purchase price after subtracting the $2500 value of your trade-in, or was $31580 the purchase price without any trade-in? Also, would you mind specifying the name of the dealership where you purchased your vehicle. I'm outside Philly, but it may be worth it to make the trip...

Thank you...
  • Hi Car_Man,

I have a question regarding the pros and cons of leasing a 2005 Murano vs. leasing a 2006 Murano.

The former should have a far better sale price, but the latter should have a better residual, shouldn't it? In, say, 36 months the 2006 will be 12 months 'newer' than the 2005.

Thus, by my thinking, the financed amount should be similar.

I am considering leasing a new Murano, and am questioning whether to jump in for an '05 now, or just be patient and pick up a 2006 within the next month or so.

Any advice?

Thanks for the great forum...
  • What is the lease factor and residual for December? How do you find this out?
    The two leases for November were as follows:
    2005 Murano SL 2wd w/Mats, Splash Guards, Cargo
    MSRP $29535
    Net Cap cost $26,760
    includes $550 non refundable acquisition fee
    Monthly payments total $12558
    At lease end purchase for $15,062.85 plus $150 purchase option fee
    12k miles
    42 months
    $1999 intial payment
    This is all the info that was given can I find out the money factor from this info?
    How can I figure out what the one payment lease would be?

The other deal was
    2005 Murano S 2wd w/convenience package, mats,spalsh guards
    MSRP $28835
    Net cap cost $25,990
    Includes $550 non refundable acquistion fee
    Monthly payments total $12,138
    Purchase at lease end for $14,705.85 plus $150 purchase option fee
    12k miles
    42 months
    $1999 intial payment
  • I've been looking for a 2005 Nissan Murano with touring and tech. In my searching I've found one a few weeks ago for 32.500 before taxes. I was thinking maybe I'd lease but haven't researched leases. I don't care so much about the navi- but I like the color screen and rear assist (i'm in and out of parking lots a lot everyday).

Now- I priced a new 2006 (arriving at the dealer on the 15th) SL touring (comes standard with rear assist camera and color screen) at 31,777 Platinum/Black. That's the purchase price I was quoted.

So I'm at a loss. Wait for the 06 and buy----or lease? Or wait for the 06 to see if the dealers will blow out the 05 with touring and tech??

A dealer called me today to say "let's get you out of the market- what can I do to make this deal". I asked for the 2005 SL 2WD Black/Charcoal touring, tech sticker at 36,700, offered at 32,500 for 30,000. We'll see.

Thoughts??Help?

thanks!!
  • Car_Man

I just traded in a 2000 Honda Odyssey EX on a 2005 Murano. I have never actually traded a vehicle since it is against my religion but I was very desperate to get rid of this van. It had 128,600 miles, I was on the third transmission, it had a cracked windshield, and damaged passenger door, and one on the automatic doors did not work, and I owed more on the van than it was worth. Just to fix the automatic door alone would have cost me close to $800.

I owed $9853 on the van.
    Trade Value for "Good Condition": $7015

I did a 42 month / 15,000 mile per year lease.
    MSRP on 2005 SL Murano: $34,365
    Residual Value $17,182.50 plus purchase option of $150
    Touring Package
    Floor Mats
    Splash Guards
    Cargo Protector
    Roof Rail Crossbars

I paid $3000 down which included first months payment, security deposit, and acquisition fee. They had to get it from a dealer 400 miles away.
    My payments are $445 per month for a 42 month 15,000 mile per year lease plus they paid off my van. I was offered a 12,000 mile / year lease without them paying off my van for $400 per month.
    Did I do the right thing by trading in my vehicle that I was desperately ready to get rid of?

Thank you!
  • I am fairly new to the Lease game so I hope you can help me out.
    The new lease out by Nissan is $359 mo/42 lease + taxes

I was offered about the same today for a 2006 SL AWD touring package. The numbers worked out to $384-398 a month with a 42 month lease....and they wanted $3334 down at signing. I'm thinking of haggling a bit on the money down as I have read a few of your replies that say this is unnecessary.
    Let me know what you think Car Man...Thanks!!!
This discussion has been closed.