Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• techdudetechdude Posts: 87
    I hear that. I prefer the room inside the murano over the rdx. Both are luxurious inside and the i'm not a big fan of the exterior of both, but since both fit the bill for us and within our budget, we'll have to pick one. My wife is expecting soon and I just don't have the time to wait for newer models to come out or for the pricing to drop. I'll probably give it another month before I pull the trigger on the RDX, but I wonder if better deals would be available closer to Memorial day. Good luck with your decision.
  • ttpilotttpilot Posts: 3
    Hi, we are looking at a 2009 Murano LE, MSRP is $39,920 but the dealer will take $37,500.

Is this a reasonable price? What would good ballpark lease numbers look like, for, say, a 36 or 48 month lease? Zero down is the way to go?

Thanks for helping the newbie!
  • jmpage2jmpage2 Posts: 262
    The new '09 Murano is a poor lease choice at the moment due to low resale value (residual) and high money factor (interest rate) from Nissan. Even at invoice price the monthly lease payment on an LE will be over $600 a month. There are many other upscale mid-size SUVs with much lower monthly lease payment.

If you are really interested in the Murano you might consider purchasing it instead of leasing it, since you will likely get a better interest rate.
    Hi, and thanks very much for the quick reply.

Actually, we just got back from the dealer. They made us this offer:

2009 Murano LE AWD
    48 month lease
    15,000 miles/year
    Money factor .00270
    MSRP $40,205
    Residual $16,886 (42%)
    Drive away cost $2000
    Monthly payment $589 including tax

So, as far as leases on Muranos (Muranoes?) go, do you think this is this a relatively good deal? Or are we still better off to buy? This is mainly going to be used as a business vehicle, and I've been told there's generally a tax advantage to leasing.

Thanks!
    Oh, perhaps I should also mention:

Another dealer has an almost identical Murano and has given us this offer on a purchase:

2009 Murano LE AWD
    MSRP $39,920
    Selling price $37,500
    APR 5.09%
    60 months
    Down $14,885
    Monthly $500

How would you say this stacks up against the other dealer's lease offer?

Sorry for all the questions, still learning about this. I appreciate your help!
  • mikefurmmikefurm Posts: 6
    Hi, Car Man
    On 2-27-08 I posted a question (Post # 660) regarding 09 Murano lease calculations
    It was partially answered and then I added more info (see Post # 687 from 3-13-08).
    Is it possible to get your opinion on lease calculations made by the dealer
    versus my calculations in which I used method recomended by several on-line sites.

Thank you in advance.

Mikefurm
  • Hi all,

Just stumbled on this message board, and it looks awesome! I am relatively ignorant on leases currently, even though I'm in a lease now. My car comes up in 1 1/2 months, and I want to lease a new 09 Murano LE AWD with nav and no overhead DVD. I was offered a very ridiculous 660/month with 3k down on a 09 LE. Based on the comments on this board, money down is a bad idea. Going with this dealer's "deal" is a bad idea too.

I have several questions:

1. What can I lease for 500/month with no $ down? I really want the Murano LE, but I can't find anyone to give it to me for less than 600/month (checked 2 dealers so far in VA). Anyone have a dealer in DC area that will deal with me on this?

2. I went to the Lexus dealer in VA and he offered me a 08 RX350 for 599/month. Still not in my price range. What's the best strategy for getting this lease payment down, short of paying money?

3. Any other suggestions for a comparable car to an 09 Murano that would give me similar space/features/performance?

I want to pull the trigger today (rainy day, last day of the quarter, etc).

Thanks in advance,

Gregg
    When negotiating a lease the monthly payment is obviously important but you don't know if you're getting a good deal unless you understand how a lease works.

Lease payments are derived based on the residual value of the car negotiated at the time of the lease, and the money factor, which works like an interest rate.

To get a good lease payment you want to pick a vehicle that;

1. Has great resale value (residual) based on the number of miles in the lease.
    2. Is being sold at or close to invoice price.
    3. Has a low money factor (triple zeros are ideal but anything under .002 is good).

The problem with the Murano is that it has a poor residual AND it has a crappy money factor. Blame the current economic situation and value of the dollar for this. Nissan isn't willing to subsidize the Murano (yet) to make more leases happen. They also might have a more negative view of where the US economy is headed and have adjusted production accordingly.

Now, on to vehicle choices. Nothing out there is going to have exactly the same features as the LE Murano, especially for under $40K. You need to prioritize which of those features is most important to you.

I can tell you that the Acura RDX, MDX, Lexus RX350, etc, are all great vehicles that can be leased with no money down and payments of $400-$550 per month depending on pricing of the vehicle and what credit level you qualify for on your lease. Entry level on all of these cars would generally include heated leather seats, driver seat memory, dual (or triple) zone climate control, and many other features. The biggest feature to AVOID when leasing a vehicle is navigation, as it actually makes the residual on the car WORSE than the same car without navigation.

Another option for you would be to buy out your car at lease end, drive it for a while longer and see if deals on the Murano sweeten in the next 6-12 months as the economy worsens. Nothing is going to motivate Nissan faster than thousands of these cars sitting unsold on their lots.

Good luck.
  • cloudfancloudfan Posts: 1
    just leased a 09 Murano S AWD standard pkg (capitalized cost $29710, residual value $17425)
    I wish I found this thread before I signed the contract
    I got it for 399/mo for 39 months @12k miles/yr (got ripped off, right?)
    here is my question
    when I signed the contract, I paid $14xx as "sales tax" (plus first payment and some other fees with no money down, total $36xx)
    does it mean I've paid all the sales tax for all my monthly payments? (i.e. only pay 399/mo without tax?)
    thanx in advance

P.S.
    just thought of another thing
    originally they put my financing through Han Finance(or Hann, not sure about the spelling)
    then they called me a day later saying they changed it to NMAC
    is it normal?
    thx again
  • dreggmandreggman Posts: 4
    Gregg (greggblue),

I just started leasing a LOADED 2009 Murano LE AWD with EVERY option - moonroof, navigation, mats, cross rails, cargo protector, tire flaps, etc. We were really upset that you could not get a DVD player and the navigation system or moonroof. Tried to config online - but selecting overhead DVD greys out BOTH moon (makes sense) and navigation (does not make sense!). The dealer said it had something to do with the wiring. So we added the OEM DVD Players (INVISION) to the back of each headrest. Looks even BETTER to be honest than the factory option. So we literally have EVERYTHING in this car. (DVD NOTE: The DVD players were installed by the dealer and look amazing. Nissan considers INVISION DVD to be a NISSAN "dealer port" option. Only the dealer offers this option and they match the factory specs. INVISION items can ONLY be ordered and installed through the dealership. 3rd party companies and consumers CANNOT buy them and do it yourself. For this reason they are not considered aftermarket and convered under the NISSAN manufacturer warranty as well.)

We got the LE with the Super Black Exterior with Beige Leather Interior. Looks great in this combination. Dark interior looked good in old model - but we thought beige interior looks better in 09s.

Original Sticker was $40,511.00 and DVD Player was $1500.00. Cap Cost Came to $38,200.00. All this in a 42 Month Lease with 12K miles annually - $5,529 down - out of pocket (first payment - the 529-, taxes, titles, tags, etc.) and a Monthly payment of $529.00 I believe the buyout at the end of the lease is $19K and change. For a car with this many options - I believe we got a great deal. I know the DVD Players in the Headrest option was like $1500. I live in Virginia and shopped around at 6 dealers - the best we were offered in VA was $6200 down and $570 a month for the same lease - I took this deal back to the dealer where we originally leased our 04 Murano - Herb Gordon Nissan in MD and they beat it - no games and no hassle - did everything over the phone. I just showed up to pick up my car!! They gave me the model customer experience - twice! They have amazing customer service. I would obivously deal with them again in a hearbeat.

By the way - I have also test driven the Acura, Lexus and Infiniti this year. Thought maybe it was time to leave Nissan. My parents have the lexus and i drove it in Florida for two solid weeks prior to test driving the 09 Murano. I can honestly say - money aside - I felt the 09 Murano drove and felt better than ALL OF THEM. Maybe a personal preference. But even if cost was not a factor - I felt the 09 Murano was the best one. It is a truly amazing car. Just did a road trip up to NYC recently and this car was perfect. The bluetooth was awesome for answering calls with no effort, ipod connecter was very cool for listening to our library of tunes and controlling it through the vehicle, the traffic navigation helped us avoid some major tie ups on the beltway, the dvd players were great for keeping the little happy with dora the explorer, the duel moonroofs were great for taking in the views in NYC and overall the roomy seats and great handling made for a wonderful trip!!

I HIGHLY recommend this car.
    It seems as though you've posted this same message multiple times in this thread as well as other ones, is there some particular reason for that?

As already explained you did not get a "good deal" considering the amount of money you had to put down on this lease in addition to the numerous extra expenses incurred to put zero residual options in the car at great out of pocket expense.
  • gforce11gforce11 Posts: 225
    Yeah, I agree.That was a pretty crappy lease. 5.5k down? Still paying $529 a month. I guess some folks missed what car man says when he recommends folks to put "little" or no money down. He only says it like a zillion times cuz people some folks are just allergic to reading.
  • eyepodeyepod Posts: 9
    Navigation makes the residual worse? (I assume you mean less). You'll have to show me data to prove that one.
    As a percentage of resale value (residual) yes it does. Obviously the overall residual of the car with nav will be higher since nav added substantially to the sticker price.

Here's an example of the actual residuals on the Acura MDX for March, as you can see, residual on the "tech package" which consists primarily of the navi system is lower than the base model.

So from what you can see here the vehicle equipped with the tech package (navigation) is worth 2% less of its original price than the base model car after any period of time.

2008 Acura MDX – 3/5/08
    24 Month – Residual 66% of MSRP – .00197 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 56% of MSRP – .00197 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 46% of MSRP – .00220 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 36% of MSRP – .00230 Base Rate

2008 Acura MDX Technology – 3/5/08
    24 Month – Residual 64% of MSRP – .00197 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 54% of MSRP – .00197 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 44% of MSRP – .00220 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 35% of MSRP – .00230 Base Rate
    There's a good reason for this too. Technology items and NAV in particular don't tend to age as well as the car itself does.

Look at a five year old built in car navigation system that cost $3000 and compare it to what you can get in a new $400 pocket GPS and you can see why these types of "tech toys" don't do much for resale value of a vehicle... the technology just ages too quickly compared to how quickly the vehicle itself ages.
  • cnjpuscnjpus Posts: 1
    Hi everyone, I got the quote on a 2009 Murano LE with double panel moon roof, navigation, splash guard, floor mats and cross bars (MSRP $40,110). Could anyone please confirm whether this is a good deal or I should keep looking for better deals? I did not even negotiate with this dealer but other dealers I talked to said it's hard to beat these numbers. I am located in New York City.

- 39 months, 10,000 miles/year
    - $1,999 down payment
    - $459/month
    - $298 documentation
    - $750 destination (I don't understand why I have to pay destination again even though it's already included in the $40110 MSRP)
    - Sales tax
    - Registration fee TBD
    - $45 Dealer optional fee for processing application

My favorite color is glacier pearl but this dealer only has silver with black leather. Other dealers who have glacier pearl cannot offer better pricing.

Any feedback is much appreciated. I am ready to sign the lease this weekend!
  • guchguch Posts: 12
    I have a question.

Are you a Nissan dealer?
  • Dude, that's a HORRIBLE deal. 5,500 down?? I was offered (for a loaded LE) 550/month with 2000 down or 577/month with 1000 down. Now that's a good deal given the bad LMF's (.0026) on the Murano LE right now.
  • beluschbelusch Posts: 9
    Came across this... Don't know if April's Rates are out...

2009 Nissan Murano S AWD – 3/5/08
    24 Month – Residual 69% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 57% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 48% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 42% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate

2009 Nissan Murano SL AWD – 3/5/08
    24 Month – Residual 64% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 53% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 45% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 38% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate

2009 Nissan Murano LE AWD – 3/5/08
    24 Month – Residual 60% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 50% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 42% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 37% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate

Residuals posted are for 15K miles/year. Add 2% to Residual for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr on all terms

Compare Lease Payments for Used Nissan Models HERE

Use the following formula to calculate a lease payment:

(Cap Cost – Residual Value) / Term = Depreciation
    (Cap Cost + Residual Value) X Money Factor = Interest
    Depreciation + Interest = Base Monthly Payment
  • bkanskybkansky Posts: 14
    If you currently own or lease a Murano, Nissan recently announced slightly lower MF of .00215 or 5.16%. They verify eligibility when the dealer grounds your car - take it off lease and out of service.

Just FYI...
  • whitem16whitem16 Posts: 3
    Does anyone know what the April residuals and money factor are for a 2009 Nissan Murano S AWD? Thanks.
  • 09 Murano SL AWD MSRP $36,330
    Leather Package
    Premium Package
    Dual Panel Moonroof
    Tech Package
    Roof-Rail Crossbars
    Mats
    15K mi/yr
    39 mo
    $3,350 out of pocket
    $401/mo + 9% PA tax = $441/mo
    .00215 MF - Murano owner whose lease has expired

I could have gotten a little better deal via US Bank (lower MF), but was willing to pay a little extra to go with Nissan Finance.

Picked it up tonight. I'm very happy, but I did spend a lot of time negotiating. I was paying $358 for a 2004 Murano SL (virtually same MSRP w $3K OTD), but that was an extraordinary deal provided by Nissan Finance.

Shopped them all: MDX, Edge, RX350, Pilot. Even with poor MF this is the best value on the market.

Happy Shopping!
  • greanpea68greanpea68 Posts: 1,996
    - 39 months, 10,000 miles/year

If you are doing 10,000 miles a year it doesn't sound like NMAC ( nissans bank )

Alot of dealer are quoting outside banks because they have lower payments. I highly urge to stay away from outside banks when leasing because they don't care if you lease with them again. They are the ones that will have high dispo fees and wack you with every ding, scratch, and missing bliker fluid... ;) But seriously try and stay with the manufacturer who is selling the vehicle.

GP
  • beluschbelusch Posts: 9
    Nissan Motors Acceptance Corp Lease Programs – April 2008

Special bank lease programs for these models are available through LeaseCompare.com. Click on the vehicle name for more information and to see payments details.

2009 Nissan Murano S AWD – 4/18/08
    24 Month – Residual 69% of MSRP – .00240 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 57% of MSRP – .00240 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 48% of MSRP – .00260 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 42% of MSRP – .00260 Base Rate

2009 Nissan Murano SL AWD – 4/18/08
    24 Month – Residual 64% of MSRP – .00240 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 53% of MSRP – .00240 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 45% of MSRP – .00260 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 38% of MSRP – .00260 Base Rate

2009 Nissan Murano LE AWD – 4/18/08
    24 Month – Residual 60% of MSRP – .00240 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 50% of MSRP – .00240 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 42% of MSRP – .00260 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 37% of MSRP – .00260 Base Rate

Residuals posted are for 15K miles/year. Add 2% to Residual for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr on all terms

Compare Lease Payments for Used Nissan Models HERE

Use the following formula to calculate a lease payment:

(Cap Cost – Residual Value) / Term = Depreciation
    (Cap Cost + Residual Value) X Money Factor = Interest
    Depreciation + Interest = Base Monthly Payment

NOTE: These lease programs are provided by dealer partners of LeaseCompare.com and are for reference only. Rates may vary by region. Your dealer has the option of offering you a higher rate. To make sure you are getting the best lease, compare these rates through an independent leasing source such as LeaseCompare.com.

Here is a great online publication about leasing: Auto Lease Insider.
  • whitem16whitem16 Posts: 3
    09 Murano S AWD MSRP $29,535
    Negotiated Selling Price $26,800
    Convenience Package
    Splash Guards
    Mats
    15K mi/yr
    36 mo
    $626 down (1st month payment+$180 doc fee + $23 title and registration)
    MF=0.00240
    Residual=57% MSRP

$399 + 6% MI tax = $423/mo

Very happy with this deal.

Comments or thoughts?
  • budahkanbudahkan Posts: 7
    Can I get the same lease information (i.e. Money factor and residuals) for a 2007 Murano as many dealers around me have leftovers.
  • Hi,
    I'm looking to lease a 2009 SL-AWD for 39 months , with paying the first month and taxes up front with the following options ,Premiun, Tech, Leather, cargo protector and mud flaps. I have asked dealers for their best prices with those options and for a price if I wanted to add the Nav option. My credit rating is in the 800's. The pricing coming in is really strange in one price with the nav option I was given a price of $38, 180 and monthly payments of $474 per mo. Another dealer gave me a price of $31,000 for the same car with a monthly payment of $500 per month but it could be lowered to close to the $474 price. I'm still trying to figure that pricing out, can somebody explain that to me how a car whose selling price is thousands more can come in with a lower monthly payment?

I should mention that at the present time I have a 2005 Murano SL-AWD loaded with everything but the Nav system. with only 5 more payments to go at $385.50 per month. The car has only 21,300 miles on it and is in near perfect condition inside and out. Dealers keep telling me that with this mileage they'd love to get this car on their used car lots. I have told them that I don't want to pay for this car in my new lease. One dealer told me whatever anyone tells you...you will pay.

Anyway so far my lowest bid is $474 per mo with the the options I wanted and the nav system. A few dealers have asked me to wait for their offers. I have already given most them the $474 information so, I'm expecting them to come in lower. I've also been advised to watch out for leasing from other banks because of the cost at the end of the lease.

Before I leased this Murano I had leased a Maxima through Nisaan so I'm a loyal customer. I've also been told to get in touch with Nisaan to see if they'll reduce my present lease since I want another
    Nisaan. Many of the dealers told me they can do this but when they call Nisaan I think the price they're given is turning them off. Anyway I'm going to try, it doesn't make sense to mabye lose me as a customer because of 5 more payments.

Any advice you could give would be appreciated. Whatever the best price I get I will tell the dealer that when I get to their dealership to sign the deal if the price is $1 more what was agreed too I will walk out.
  • No I'm not crazy as some may think because I'm looking to turn in my car early and wind up paying more money for 5 months. I like new cars and with the summer coming and being 62 years old I'd like to enjoy whats left of my life. And I know the Nav option is expensive but honestly I test drove a Infinity G-35 and I fell in love with the nav system. I probably won't use all the things it offers, I might not figure out half of them but it's a toy that excites me and at my age thats a good thing. Besides, God willing, I'll turn the 2009 in and get a new toy sometime in 2012.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here's the information that you're looking for, whitem16. Nissan's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. Since you never mentioned what either of these variables are, for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Murano S AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00240 and 57%, respectively. Nissan is running a special promotion for current lessees that lowers this factor to .00215.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Congratulations on getting your new Murano, newcarguy5. Thanks for taking the time to post the details of your deal for everyone. Real world examples like this are always extremely helpful for people who are in the market. Don't forget to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
This discussion has been closed.