Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• I've never leased before but wife wants a Murano. :)
    Here is the standard Nissan advertised offer:
    2009 MURANO S AWD w/ Convenience Pkg. Lease
    39 Months - $299/Month - $3,449 initial payment. (+taxs,etc)
    $29,800 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $25,489
    Monthly payments $11,661.00. At lease end, purchase for $17,880.00,
    12000 miles per year

I'd rather not negotiate or be overwhelmed at the dealer but rather walk in, present my best offer and see if they take it. The $299 seems like a deal. Can I get more, like reduce the downpayment/cap cost?

If I was just buying a car outright, I would walk in, show my offer and either than can or can't do it. How can I do the same with a lease? Tell me what numbers to present. Thanks.

John in Virginia
  • cl58cl58 Posts: 2
    I looked into this a little more and even though I was initially told they were using just under 2% interest rate.. they really used 3.6% so .0015 money factor I believe.
    I have read on here rates that were higher, so I guess I still got a good rate.

So Car man, with all this information given...does this sound like a good lease deal??
  • JLEONHIRTH don't let them sucker you into that lease. I just leased an 09 murano same trim today. Total out of my pocket was 2,300 INCLUDING Down payment, taxes, bank fee, DMV fee's, ETC.. monthly payment is $290.00. Granted I had a 1000.00 rebate from nissan but I still made out on the deal quite nicely. Not sure if the deal they offered you includes the bank fee in that $3,449 they want upfront but my bank fee was total 646.32. They will cry and moan when you offer them this amount but stick to it sooner or later they will fold. By the way I am in New York Im not sure if the fees and taxes are the same since you are from Virginia. Good luck
  • joeyd: wasn't aware of any rebate, how did you get that? Also, what part of NY?

here's offer I have on SL, premium, leather, sunroof:

Year:2009
    Make/Model:Nissan Murano AWD SL Merlot with Prem Pkg, Leather, Moonroof
    MSRP:$34,780.00
    Sale Price: $32,063.00
    Lease Terms: 39 months, 15,000 miles per year and $800.00 due at signing
    Monthly Pymt: $497.70 inc. tax

Have another one, different dealer

Same vehicle, no sunroof, MSRP $33,600

$350.00 down, $475/month for 39 months (15k miles/yr) payment includes tax

First payment and $350 due at signing.

Carman, can you confirm the money factor and residual for this vehicle--I have it at .00239 and 58% respectively.

Thanks
  • sorry I should have clarified the 1000.00 rebate its for people who have bought or leased from nissan in the past only. I am from Long Island NY. The two other muranos you have listed sound like OK deals but i still think you can knock another 15 dollars a month off the lease price. Not sure havent crunched the numbers yet for you.
  • joey, thanks for the response. My wife is in a murano lease and i currently am in a maxima lease. just wondering where I can find info on the rebate. no mention of it has been made to me.
  • MSRP 35,545.00 \ AWD SL, Tech Package, Black Leather, Premium package, No sunroof, Merlot (love the color)

Sold for 31959
    Gross Cap Cost 32602
    Residual 20616
    Depreciation 7883
    Rent Charge 4578 =
    Total of base monthly Payments 12461

338 a month (including tax)
    After - 3000 trade (only worth 1500) and 2K in cash.

This car is pretty much my dream car, I feel pretty happy about 338. This dealer is located in Old Saybrook CT as a FYI
  • Can you tell me what the term of the lease was? How many miles per year, number of months? thanks!
  • sorry this is for 39 months, 12k a year
  • You're very welcome, mazzman1.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I'm having an awful time trying to lease this car. The dealer is just plain lying and the math doesn't seem to work out. Here are the facts.

MSRP 41,375
    INV 37,979 (Also, Base Cap Cost)
    Trade 5,700

When I plug these numbers into my lease calculator I get a payment approx $400.
    Yet the dealerships are insisting on at least $466 a month.

I'm using a 58% residual and a .00260 money factor. Please help me put an end to the negotiation and make a smart deal.

Thanks in advance for any help!
  • hiloyohiloyo Posts: 3
    I am researching a lease myself which we all know dealers hate.
    I was just quoted a money factor .00212 great and then the bombshell
    a residual of %52...This is for a 09' Murano SL with leather and premium pkg.
    Are they for real ? If you contact NMAC will they tell you their current money factor and residuals or is this set largely by the dealer?I am a current NMAC customer.

Thanks for any help.
  • Hi saltshaker. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need. For now I will work up a sample 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year for you. Let me know if you want something different. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Murano LE AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00239 and 54%, respectively. Using these numbers, an MSRP of $41,375, and a selling price of $37,979, I come up with a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $579...which is not very attractive. There are a lot of vehicles out there that are just as nice as the Murano that would cost less than this to lease.

I see that you are considering using the proceeds from your trade-in as a down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers not to make large down payments when leasing. Those who make them risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled. If would be safer for you to have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in your trade. If you really want to use it as a capitalized cost reduction, it would lower this truck's monthly payment to around $407.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi hiloyo. Most banks will not provide information on their lease programs directly to the general public. If you call NMAC they will probably tell you to contact your local dealer for that information. I can give you an idea of what NMAC's current lease program for this vehicle is like though. Its lease program for the 2009 Murano varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 39 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of an '09 Murano SL 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00239 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thank for the quick reply Car_man. The lease I'm seeking is a 39 month, 12000 miles/yr. So basically, these are the facts:

Nissan Murano LE AWD with 12,000 miles per year/39 mo lease
    MSRP of $41,375
    Selling price of $37,979

I dont have to use the trade-in, just seems like the easiest way to get rid of the car. I will ask my local dealer if he's willing to cut me a check.

I've read the Confessions of a Car Dealer article on Edmunds (awesome btw!) and learned a lot about their tricks. Do you think if I told him I'd only pay X dollars a month (approx $405 in this particular sitiuation), but I'd "tip" him $200 cash for his time, he'd bite? I've read this is a great agreement if you can pull it off but they sometimes resist. If not, what do you think is the best way to negotiate this lease? Email? Fax?

Thanks again, this is a very informative forum.

BTW, just curious, what others similar SUVs do you think are just as nice for the price? We test drove the Lexus 350, and although it was nice I preferred the Murano's features (heated back seats, better NAV as it can operate while being driven, one button reclining back seats, slightly roomier).
  • Hi Hiloyo, Best of luck with your lease deal. It seems like Nissan loves to play games and try gimmicks at their dealerships. Seems to me that car dealers are basically crooks, taking advantage of the uninformed. I'm not a fan of Saturns, but their simple pricing formula takes out a lot of the headaches and makes buying a car as simple as ordering a pizza. Great car though, just not sure the lease is the way to go. Might be worth buying instead with these crappy residuals being offered.
    Thanks for the replies.I am looking at 39 months and 15000 miles.So thanks for those numbers.
    Can you actually negotiate the residual and money factor with your dealer
    after you have negotiated the selling price of the vehicle?
    thanks again-
  • Hi all,
    I'm new here to write and post, but let me tell you that Edmunds forums is one of the first resources I go to when it comes to researching and buying a car. Love it!

Now, i lease 2005 Murano SL and pretty happy about this car. My lease of 39 month is about to expire in beginning of January 2009. I have a family of four with a recent addition of a baby girl and we are looking for a minivan (probably Sienna) as a replacement. BUT we can get by with Murano for another year and really dont mind re-leasing it again. My questions to you guys are:
    1. Is it a practice to negotiate a new short term lease with a current near end lease term with NMAC? ( considering the economy I think they should love me :-) )
    2. What is my car going to cost me and how would i figure out adjusted Murano price tag as well as new lease payments?

my current stats:
    Type: 2005 Murano, SL (I have everything except for Navigation)
    Miles so far: 20K
    Lease permits miles: 12k/year
    Monthly pmt: $410
    Down payments at origination: $0
    Lease term: 39mo
    Condition: Not a scratch (knock on wood)

Thanks for your help
  • Anyone can help please? Is this not the right topic to post under the incorrect forum?
    thanks all.
  • You're welcome, saltshaker. Unfortunately I doubt that any salesperson that you deal with will be able to take you up on your tip offer. First of all, they would probably be fired if they were caught doing something like that. Second, the sales manager, not the sales person has the final say on whether your deal gets approved. So even if you were able to grease your salesperson's palm they wouldn't be able to get you a better than normal deal.

Here's what a 39 month lease would look like. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 Murano LE AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00239 and 53%, respectively. Using these numbers, an MSRP of $41,375, and a selling price of $37,979, I come up with a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $555...which is not very attractive. There are a lot of vehicles out there that are just as nice as the Murano that would cost less than this to lease.

A few similar vehicles that would probably around the same or less to lease include the Toyota 4Runner, Toyota Highlander, Volkswagen Tiguan, Volkswagen Touareg, BMW X3, and Lexus RX 350 to name a few.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi hiloyo. I don't believe that you ever mentioned the specific trim level Murano that you are interested in, so for now I will assume that you want an '09 Murano S AWD. Let me know if you want something different. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of an '09 Murano S AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00239 and 59%, respectively.

Your vehicle's residual value is set by the bank that you are leasing it through and individual dealers do not have the authority to alter it. However, dealers are often allowed to "mark-up" or pad vehicle's money factors to add additional, hidden profit to deals. This is why it is important to know what the buy rate is for the model that you want prior to visiting dealers.

Car_man
    Host
  • Welcome dannyhashovav. Congratulations on your new baby girl. Traditionally, manufacturers captive finance companies, like Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp., are willing to extend lessees deals for a few months at their current payment. Unfortunately, I don't recall ever seeing NMAC renegotiate a lower payment with someone who wants to extend their lease.

You're right, the auto industry is in shambles right now, so you never know. Given NMAC a call directly and see if they are willing to work with you. As I mentioned, I suspect that they will not, but you don't have anything to lose by asking. If they are willing to extend your current lease at a lower monthly payment, make sure to stop back and let us all know.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks much Car_man,
    appreciate your response and I will surely post what NMAC response would be after I call them to discuss.
    thanks again.
  • In my opinion, I wouldn't lease a Murano for $500 a month. If you were wanting to save a little money you could easily lease a LOADED Ford Edge Limited for $375 or if you wanted to keep it at $500 I'd go with the Acura RDX. The Ford Edge is the way better deal though. It has all the same bells and whistles as the other two but actully is offered at an attractive price.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,450
    I drove a ford edge and was hoping it would make me want to buy but the drivetrain was loud and the throttle was touchy so I drove the murano and was sold. Liked everything else about the edge so when my lease runs out , I'll give it a serious revisit. I also saw nothing related to a lease on any ford. Thought the american car makers discontinued them because they lost out big time. My loaded sl awd is $330 for 36 months.
  • I also want to lease a 2009 Murano LE AWD. Why in 2005 was I able to lease a 42k Murano with GPS AND DVD for $389 month including taxes with 15k miles per year? My lease is up January 1st and would like to own another Murano, however I refuse to pay $600 per month for a leased car. All the dealers are complaining and actually had my dealer call today saying the the payment will increase if I don't take advantage this month. I found a quote for an Infiniti FX35 and G35 loaded with a better lease rate. I have been a loyal Nissan owner for the past 20 years, numerous Maximas, Pathfinders, 350Z and finally a Murano. I guess it's time to look for another SUV such as the Lexus or maybe the Mazda CX-9! Come on Nissan give us better Murano Lease options!
  • As promised. I called NMAC and spoke about wanting to continue with a lease on my 05 Murano, but at new, negotiated terms. First they had hard time understanding what I wanted ("Do you want to terminate your lease? You will have to pay termination fees..." the lady with a heavy accent kept asking....)Anyways, after about 10 minutes on the phone with them, I finally understood that I better be off with a new car, at new rates with new warranties and less hassle. though I really really love my car and would have a hard time parting with it :-)
    thanks
  • aillonaillon Posts: 10
    I actually was sold on the Edge, I was just about to pull the trigger when I thought I should just test drive the Murano. 30 seconds into the test drive I was sold on the Murano. The Murano's ride and transmission is light years ahead of the Edge. Edge is cheaper though.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,450
    I had the same experience and I really wanted the Edge. By going with the Sl instead of the LE, with awd, premium, moonroof, leather, mats and guards my price came in at $29200. Don't think I could have done much better on the Edge. In three years when my lease is up, I'm hoping the Edge has been upgraded and polished to get me interested again.
    The Murano I'm trying to lease is an SL FWD with Leather and Premium pkg.
    Msrp 32045 negotiated today 29117 today.Everyone happy til I pull the Lease card.
    Whoa round and round we go,that price only for purchase bla bla bla.
    Their next ploy Ok price is 29117 money factor .002750 and residual %52.
    I said can you wait I want to call NMAC to see if those 2 numbers are current.
    Whoa again bla bla you can't have everything your way bla bla.
    I simply said are we through playing games and are we going to make a deal.
    Response these are the numbers,my response Have a nice day.
    Of course the salesman is chasing me across the parking lot explaining he had nothing to do with it,and maybe if i would look at a lower model Murano i could do better.
    I actually called NMAC after I left the dealer and they would NOT tell me the residual or money factor,they said see a local dealer.
    I guess my question after all of this is , how do I find the current residual and money factor from NMAC which is who the lease will be through.
    Getting frustrated with Las Vegas Nissan dealers.Only 1 left i haven't been to.
    Thanks for any help.
This discussion has been closed.