Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• With the specials going on this week I can get you down to $398 a month for 39 months on the exact Murano you are looking for with no money down on the lease. Your money factor is 0.000330, Cap cost of $33,204.36, selling cost of $31,599, and a residual of $17,894.40. We're here 9-9 all week and 9-5 Saturdays. What day is best for you?
  • Is this a fair deal?

2007 Murano SL AWD with G04 Touring Package MSRP $36,425. 39 Month Lease with 10k miles a year. $409 a month. The 8.75% tax is included. Due at signing: First $409, Bank fee $595, $250 fees (lic. & doc fees). = $1254

When I asked about what price this was based on they kept saying it's a $36,000 SUV for $409 a month. What they wrote up states that all Incentives and rebates to dealer.

If this is fair? I will need to negotiate to make it 15K per year. Any idea what an additional 5K per year should add to the monthly lease?

Any thoughts? Anyone? Thank you in advance for your time and wisdom.
  • This is the deal I made Fri evening Dec 21 at Jeff Schmidt Nissan in SW Ohio...
    Sunset Red Murano SL AWD
    G04 SL Touring Package
    R92 Roof Rail Crossbars (Black)
    M94 SE & SL Splash Guards (Set of 4)
    S92 Sunroof Wind Deflector
    L92 Carpeted Floor Mats
    N93 Cargo Area Protector

MSRP: 37,080
    Negotiated Price: 33,607
    Net Trade: -3,100 (from trade on my 05 FWD SL with 53k - gross trade of 17,500)
    Rebate: -500
    Acc Fee: +595
    Adjusted Cap Cost: 30,602
    Residual: 18,169 (49%) <= New Rate -
    Money factor: .00011 <=New Rate (free money)
    Terms: 15K year/36 months
    Payment: 350.73 + Local Sales Tax :shades:

A very good deal, but I still felt afterward I left just a few $$ on the table. Not that I am complaining. Sales manager said the 09s are on the trucks and headed to dealers. He thought he would have his first ones Sat or Sun.

I was ready to deal because of all the info on this great forum. Thank you all! I had a very good salesman but he handed me over very early to the Sales Mgr. This made for very quick face to face negotiations.

Happy Muranoing!

Joe
  • NW Nissan dealer in Las Vegas was good to deal with, imo.
    $400/mo for generous mileage lease on on a Murano SL with sunroof, sound and premium pkgs. $1K down plus 1st month did the deal. I'm leaving out neglibible trade details and brief confrontations, so don't expect this deal to come easy, but they worked with me very directly to negotiate and finish an equitable deal in 2 hours. Best car buying experience ever.
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,590
    Yes regarding the 09's, We were going to buy a 07 Murano but instead bought a 08 Rogue SL FWD. It came down to price. We were goin to buy Murano S FWD, but we worked out a better deal on the Rouge, But I'm sure there well be some outstanding deals on Muranos in the coming weeks as the 09 are on thier way or some dealers have gotten some already...
  • Msrp on 07 murano awd SL is 36.9k. Can buy for 33.5k . Lease is $454/ 39month, zero down. Good or bad deal?
  • :confuse: Hi,

My lease comes to term in April of this year. I have a 2005 Maxima with 34,000 and dont want to go over the 36,000 so I want to turn it in now and get a new car. I am thinking about getting a Murano. I am not interested in purchasing the vehicle I currently have. This is my first lease so I am not sure what to expect. I have gotten some papers in the mail that state that some dealers will waive the fees incurred with a lease if you stay with a Nissan product. So, when I go to trade this car in what happens and how do I know I am not getting a raw deal? The car has a few dings on it from parking lots but nothing major. interior is clean. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.
  • We live in Virginia. We just had a baby and decided it was time to trade in my 2005 Subaru Impreza with just about 80,000 miles on it... Here is the deal:
    $7,500 for our trade in = about 2,300 neg equity
    Leased a 2007 Nissan Murano SL AWD with CVT and Touring package and Nav system -and it had 1,000 miles on it.
    We both have credit in the upper 700's and got a 4.9% rate. We put $1,000 down and first car payment... our payments are $629 and some change... We just drove it home about an hour ago and my heart is in my stomach after reading some of the posts on this site... We're young and new to leasing and i'm just wondering if they saw us coming from a mile away or if the #'s really make sense... I love the Murano but miss my Subie already. Can someone please be totally honest with me and let me know if there's something we should do if possible??

Thanks for your time! :confuse:
  • well, I think the 4.9% is high. To buy an 07 they have1.9% to 3.99% depending how long you want to take the payments for. Also, if you buy they have $1500 cash back incentive. I went to lease an 07 Murano and I had $3,000 in negative equity in my Maxima. they wanted 1,000 down and the first payment the rate was 000.16 which is bascially 0% percent. my payment for 36 months was $594.20 I did not lease the vehicle because the negotiated purchase price was too high. it was new there was like 10 miles on it. they wanted to charge me $35K for the 07 with the same features you have on yours. Being an '07 that price should have been at invoice or several hundred $$$ under invoice. I am so confused now I dont know what to do so I did not buy anything! I dont know if this helps or not :confuse:
  • Anyone have any idea on the MF and residual (2yr/12K) on an 09 LE with Nav and dual moonroof? I am now debating between this, the Pilot EX-L nav and the MDX.

The Pilot is almost free these days, but I want to be sure I am fully informed about the Murano before I pull the trigger on a Pilot.
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,590
    So why is the Pilot almost free these days, Oh that is right, because in 09, an all new one shows up. I was at the Detriot auto show and saw the 09 Pilot. I dont like it. It well be cheaper then a 09 Murano LE. The base MDX wont have all the bells and toys as the Murano LE, and to get all the toys you are looking at almost 10 K more.

Nissan isn't dealing on the Murano as far as lease speicals or low MF, so if you have to be the first to own the 09 Murano you well bite the big one on MF...

tony
  • Anyone know the MF and Residual on an 2009 Murano LE and SL?

I've been offered 39, 48 and 60 month lease options, but would like to know the info to crunch the numbers.

Thanks!
  • Hello tazgirl3. Unfortunately, Nissan is not running any official early lease termination program that I am aware of on the Murano right now. This means that Nissan probably will not let you out of your lease early for free. To get out of your lease now, you are going to either have to make all of your remaining lease payments without the benefit of actually driving your car or purchase your leased vehicle and trade it in or try to sell it on your own. Chances are that both of these options will be fairly expensive. If I was in your situation, I personally would probably continue to drive my Maxima, being careful to limit my mileage as much as possible.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi didigetscrwd. Wow, $629 per month sounds like a lot of money to pay for a leased Nissan Murano. Unfortunately, it doesn't really pay to research your lease after it has been finalized. Doing so will only cause you agony. I highly doubt that you will be able to get out of this deal if you have signed a lease contract and physically driven off in your Murano. Enjoy your new ride and vow to thoroughly research your purchase or lease prior to visiting any dealers next time.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi rgustafs. Nissan just rolled out its lease program on the new 2009 Murano a couple of weeks ago. Through February 2nd, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Murano LE AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00285 and 64%, respectively.

In my opinion, the Honda Pilot is by far the best overall value in terms of leases of SUVs right now. That is the truck that I would go with if I was in the market for a new vehicle at this time.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi tigger5753. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 Murano LE AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00285 and 51%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00285 and 42%. 60 months is way too long to lease any vehicle for.

NMAC's current 39 month, 15k numbers for an '09 Murano SL AWD are .00285 and 54%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00285 and 45%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks Carman. Thats what I decided to do. You know these dealers are so shifty telling you they will payoff your lease when in essence they are just tacking the remaining payments onto the new vehicle you buy! I'll probably go over my miles. I am at 35,000 and I still have two payments left. I drive it every day to and from work so that stinks but what can you do! :shades:
  • Thanks Car_man....

Does the residual change for 12K per year instead of 15K?

Thanks!
  • Car man,
    I have looking at all of your posts. #630 stand out,"With the specials going on this week I can get you down to $398 a month for 39 months on the exact Murano you are looking for with no money down on the lease. Your money factor is 0.000330, Cap cost of $33,204.36, selling cost of $31,599, and a residual of $17,894.40. " I am looking at an 07 sl w/ touring ,leather and dynamic traction control. Msrp about $37600, residual $17700, money factor of .00016, 39 months w 15k/yr.,nothing down, my dealer wants 489/month. 8.25% tax is included in the payment. This is about $100 higher than your price. Is your $398 legit? Time sensitive please respond quickly. Thank you.

Mgcmn
  • My brain is with you on the Pilot. I just have to talk myself out of liking the Murano, and the pricing and financing may make that happen. But until then...

What about leasing a Murano through a non-captive finance company? You think they are giving better deals on MF or do they typically follow the lead of the captive finance guys? I qualify for super-preferred financing if that makes a difference.

I am aiming for 09LE with navi and dual moonroof for 12K/36 months, not the 24 months you mentioned. I assume the residial will be different...

THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE, ALL!
This discussion has been closed.