Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• grossiegrossie Posts: 39
    Does anyone have the June residuals and mf for the 09 Murano SL AWD? (even the LE?). Specifically I'm looking for 10k miles, 24 and 36 month. TIA.
    Anyone? ....Bueller....Car_man....Anyone? Are they really just offering a .0022? That works out to 5.3%, which is much higher than what other car manufacturers are giving (specifically Acura). I guess that's possible since this is a new model, but it is a relative gas-guzzler, gas is expensive, and the economy is in the dumps.
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,590
    calling the Murano a gas guzzler is a relative term. Which model of he Acrua are they offering less then .0022 on.
    The RDX is being offered with a MF of .00082, which brings monthly payments down considerably compared to .0022. The RDX is likewise no dream car when it comes to MPG, but it's comparable to the Murano, and the difference in MF makes up for some of the gas-guzzling.
  • archon810archon810 Posts: 4
    I've test driven both RDX and Murano and pardon me, but there's absolutely no comparison between the two. Murano beats it in every category except financing. Murano options, power, price for what you get, the car itself - RDX is pretty bad actually for what it's supposed to be. I was very disappointed with it.
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,590
    OK you called the Murano a gas guzzler, and the RDX isn't.. Also the RDX uses Preiumin gas, The RDX is not in the same class as the Murano, so to compare them isn't correct. Also mark my words, the RDX wont be in the Acrua line up much longer in its present form, the turbo 4 was a great idea on paper, but has not translated well in the SUV, the sales have not been what acrua was hoping for.
    This was not meant to be a personal attack on you, flightnurse, please don't get all excited. Please re-read my 2nd post re:gas mileage. I think I was pretty clear but I suspect you skipped it over.

I don't expect to find a bunch of RDX fans here in the Murano forum. Each car has its own ups and downs. Price/mf is one consideration when I buy a car, it's not everything. OTOH, I'm not willing to pay a high mf just because a car is new or hot.
  • kilroy99kilroy99 Posts: 2
    Hi all, I am about to pull the trigger on a new 2009 Murano. We're getting an LE w/ moonroof, rails, and guards. MSRP is 38540 and our offer is 34500. Based on my research this seems like a decent deal. I'd be interested in your thoughts.

I have never leased a vehicle and trying to decide if this is a good way to go for us. Is now a good time to lease a 2009 Murano? Also, we are HEAVY drivers. We would probably put 18000 miles per year on the vehicle. I haven't talked to NMAC about any of this yet -- I don't even know the variables that would come into play here. In playing with some numbers that I found in the forum here it looks like my lease payment could be well over $500/month for 36 months and 12k miles/year assuming zero down -- that seems pretty steep to me. :-)

Long story short, I would appreciate any feedback on any of the above data. Purchase price, any info on current Murano leasing data and/or strategy, and how I might want to approach this given my annual mileage (maybe I should just buy it).

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
    fp
  • gforce11gforce11 Posts: 225
    Not the best time to lease a Murano right now due to the lack of lease support from Nissan. The residuals are fairly high, which is great, however, the money factors are pretty high too.

June Murano MF & Residual.
  • kilroy99kilroy99 Posts: 2
    Appreciate the data (and great site, BTW). I think we're going to just buy this car. I've shopped around quite a bit and this seems like a fair deal. Thx!
  • sixfivesixfive Posts: 45
    "Let me begin by saying that $5,000 is way too much money to put down on a lease. I always advise consumers not to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction when leasing. Those who make them risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You would be much better off going with a zero down lease, even through it means that your monthly payment will be higher. "

After reading the above, and I've always dished out the same advice, it occured to me that our Allstate new car/gap coverage would take care of any down payment if we lost the car. Wouldn't the coverage allow for the purchase or lease of a new vehicle with nothing but deductables out of pocket? The coverage is cheap and should be purchased anyway since most cars depreciate faster than the payments are made in the early months of the lease, exposing lesee's and owners.

Also, we struggled with the FX35 vs 09 Murano decision as both loaded were within 10 bucks a month on a 39 mo lease. We opted for the Murano even as the engine is sitting the wrong direction. Better technology and a better interior. As a G owner, it was time for a new interior design. The ride is beautiful and the power seamless. We made a great decision.
  • jsyarussjsyaruss Posts: 50
    Also...I may be wrong about this, but isn't gap insurance provided as part of Nissan leases? I could swear I heard this somewhere, but to be honest, I can't remember where... (I personally still don't put money down on a lease, but I think with the gap protection, it's less of a concern, right?)

Congrats on the Murano - we're loving ours (4 days old now ;-).
  • sixfivesixfive Posts: 45
    I have heard that but the dealer used Hann financial to do the lease - NJ based firm I believe. Better rate but we were not covered for GAP needs according to the contract. 5k down on a lease is silly at sub 5 money rates. Cash in your pocket is king.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi jamriman. There's almost no question that your Murano will be worth less than its lease-end purchase option price, but it is difficult to say whether Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. (or whichever bank you are leasing it through) will be willing to lower its price for you. Some banks will, but many banks won't. The only way to find out for certain will be to place a call directly to NMAC a month or two before the scheduled end of your lease. If your initial contact there is unwilling to work with you, try working your way up the ladder to a manager. Again, there's no guarantee that they will be willing to work with you, but you don't have anything to lose by trying. There's absolutely no reason to pay more for your truck than what a similar one would sell for on the open market.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, grossie. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Nissan Murano SL AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00250 and 55%, respectively. This money factor is enhanced to .00225 for current Murano owners and lessees. I don't believe that NMAC offers leases with only 10,000 miles per year, but if it did its residual value for this vehicle would probably be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sixfive. Gap insurance covers the difference between what you owe the bank on your car or truck and what it your insurance company is willing to pay you for it if it is totaled. However, I do not believe that it will reimburse you for any down payment that you made on your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • jamrimanjamriman Posts: 14
    Hi Car_man,
    Many thanks for your answer! I'll have to wait and see like you said. In the meantime if anyone out there is willing to take over payments of $370 per month on a perfect 06 with around 12000 miles, until lease ends Sept 09, send a pm. Thanks!
  • pasell3pasell3 Posts: 15
    Hello -
    I'm wondering if Carman might be able to give me a rough idea of lease price for the following:

I live in Rhode Island.

Looking two vehicles: 1st is a 09 SL with EVERYTHING except the 20 inch tires (tech, nav, no rear DVD) I believe the MSRP on that is 38750

Next I am looking at the LE with everything AND the 20 inch tires and MSRP is 39700.

I do NOT want to put any money down on the lease because I was told that would be a WASTE OF $$.

Here's the thing. This is 4 work. I travel between 2500-3000 miles/month. The Murano is the PERFECT vehicle because I live in my car most of the time, and this is the most comfortable that I have driven, offers the size I need, and gets better gas mileage than the others that I have driven that are comparable (MDX, RDX, Lexus 350, Highlander Limited, Honda Pilot Touring, and Infiniti FX).

Therefore, I need between 25,000-30,000 miles/year on my lease. I was told by the dealer that would be no problem.

So, here we are. Now I'm trying to figure out, roughly, what I might expect my monthly payment to be on the 25K/year vs. 30K/year.

I'd buy it and plop down about $5-$6K ($3k for my trade) but I think that putting about 150K miles in 5 years would make that a dumb decision on my part.

Can you help me here? Thank you for the help!!
  • pasell3pasell3 Posts: 15
    I guess this model is just not popular to lease with not many posts here.

I'm planning on going to dealership tomorrow morning and get the following lease finished:

09 Murano LE AWD No Navigation.
    Leasing for 39 months 15K/year miles
    MSRP $37,700
    Cap Cost $33,640
    56% residual
    .0025 MF
    $500 downpayment to cover 1st month and reg fee

$498/month for 39 months with 15K/year.

Does that sound about right? I live in RI and sales tax is 7%

Thoughts are appreciated if it gets read on time. Thanks!!
  • Hi,
    I'm looking at a Murano SL AWD with Leather, Premium, and Dual Moonroof. My dealer gave me the following quotes:
    Price: 31,718
    12K Miles
    $1,500 due at signing
    36 months - 499 - 19,148 residual (60%)
    39 months - 478 - 18,800 residual (59%)
    48 months - 462 - 15,318 residual (48%)
    60 months - 419 - 13,578 residual (43%)

The finance guy told me that US Bank was better then Nissan and that US Bank had a money factor of .00197. I read in an earlier post about the MF and Residuals going down in September. My lease isn't up until Sept 25th and I was only going to act now b/c I've heard that the lease deals will only get worse. Does anyone has any info or advice? Is this a good deal and would you wait or act now on this deal?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.