Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,295
    I thought there were some benefits when you re-lease from nissan. Extra allowance maybe.
  • Yes, I got up to $500 of damages waved from my lease. dings, scratches, etc. Not mileage though. I had about $250 that they waived.

They told me if I went from a Murano into a Maxima they could give me a bigger incentive on the new Maxima. But I didn't want a Maxima.
  • Just closed a deal on a 2009 Murano SL AWD - went to 4 dealers and this was the best deal. It was also on a vehicle that was not in current inventory. They had to search the tri-state area for one in White. I think I did good.

MSRP = $36,060
    360 Package
    Leather
    Premium
    Splash Guards
    Mats
    12k per year
    $1,800 Total Out of Pocket (Drive Away)
    $455 per month
  • Good Luck getting it specially in white, we ordered one just like that (Long Island) in white as well and they were never able to get it; they called me up with a VIN # but the car never arrived and they said it was to high demand and low inventory.
    So we settle for the same car but on silver, 360 value with black leather int, bose, bluetooth, dual moonroof, etc.
    MSRP 36,950, $3000 out of pocket, 15k per year $375 per month.
  • daz499daz499 Posts: 9
    Can you tell me the name of this dealer in the tristate?

I tell you it's hard finding these muranos these days and some dealers seem to use that to their advantage. I've been getting quotes from $430 with nothing down, to low $500. Guess you really have to shop around these days.
    Wow that seems to be a super deal. $375? How did you pull that off? Got the name of the dealer to share.
  • Well I hope that is not the case here. My wife will be super upset. Sounds like you got a great deal as well. We are probably about the same if you take into account the extra money OOP and 15k miles. The dealership that did this deal was Meadowlands Nissan on Route 17 in Hasbrouk Heights. They had two silver ones in stock on the lot SL with 360 and an LE but my wife really wanted the white.
  • chwtomchwtom Posts: 21
    Just got a quote, wondering if anyone could tell me if this is a solid deal. I think it is, just want to double check.

09 Murano AWD with 360/leather/premium/floormats/illuminiated door sills
    MSRP $36,205
    Sales price of $33,000

Lease is 39 months, 12k a year, nothing due at signing, payment of $499 including 5% sales tax.

Good deal? Don't hold back.
  • What part of the country are you in?

Unless I am mistaken, this is a great deal. I would love to see the numbers backing it up. On my lease calculator (using 0.00164 and 53%) I can't get the numbers below $575/mo excluding any sales tax. That capitalizes only the NMAC $595 lease acquisition fee. So you are saying with "nothing due at signing" they are capitalizing all the dealer fees, TTL, etc.?

Is there a trade in with some equity you are not disclosing? If not, walk in right now with the 1st month payment and take the deal!
    Can someone tell me if this sounds right. This is what i am being offered. This is in NYC.

09 SL AWD, 360 Package, Leather, Premium, floor mats, splash guards.

MSRP 35,925 Invoice 32,906 Sale 33,000-$750= 32,250 Final Price.

Paying taxes and fees upfront equals $2790 with $1000 down for a total of $3790 due at signing.

Monthly payment would be $398, 39 month lease.

I think the price is fair but what i want to know is if the $2790 for taxes and fees sound right. I haven't signed the lease yet since i have to wait for the car to come in, therefore i don't have the numbers breakdown. I was told though that the buyout would be $19,040.

Any ideas?
    Since you live in nyc, compare murano leases at several nyc lease brokers who post on swapalease. If you search dealer only suv's all vehicles you will see a list of murano's and other comparable trucks. Scroll through and look for zero down options and call the dealers for quotes. When i get ready to turn mine in I am definitely going to give them a look. The deals are much better than local stuff -- not sure about the murano but audi/mercedes/lexus/acura are very competitive. 2010 lexus rx 350's look great. Check it out.
  • I got exactly the same car on Long Island with $3,000 total out of pocket with 15,000 miles, $380 per month
    So zero out of pocket would have been 463 -- 36 or 39 months? My 09 sl awd roof leather premium was 480 36 month last year.
    What was the breakdown for that $3000 out of pocket? Can you explain how much was tax and what fees they charged.

Your numbers sound very nice.
  • Hi,

This is my first lease vehicle and the term is almost up, so I would like to get your advice on what to expect when I return the '06 Murano. First the bad: I can't locate my maintenance records so I am not sure how much of a problem I'll face trying to return the vehicle. Also, a small dent in the rear bumper and some minor scrapes on the body. On the plus side (for Nissan/dealer), the car runs well and I am probably going to be about 10K miles under the lease limit - I changed jobs, which negated the need to commute.

Any advice you can provide would be great appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Scott
    If youhad the oil changes done at a dealer it is available. Whereever you had the work done should provide you with info. Not a big issue -- the damage is. You will be responsible so get it fixed or they will charge you to fix it.
  • whitallwhitall Posts: 187
    Two questions, first is WILL they cut any slack due to the low mileage? Essentially he/she only used 2/3 of the lease, that should be worth something.

And the next question is SHOULD they? I think they should because the residuals and lease payments are calculated based on the expected mileage of the car at the end of lease term. I think leases should have something built in the same was excess miles are. It could be a small amount, but it would provide some incentive to turn it in, assuming that's what the dealers want. AND it should be credited against damages, though they''d probably look even harder for damage.

Low mileage is why I'm buying my car. I have only 25,000 on my 39 month lease. I am paying it out this week. If they offered cash for those unused miles I'd have considered buying new, but I didn't want to get into that runaround, so I didn't even ask. 19k fits my budget way better than 33k right now!
    If you are buying the murano then you don't need to do anything to the vehicle -- just pay the price and drive off. The low mileage won't help you at all -- the buyout is the buyout --nissan won't negotiate. The nice thing about buying the lease is that there are no issues with condition.
    Does anybody know the money factors and residuals for the month of October?
  • Hi mgoldstein. Nissan may be running some sort of official early lease termination program on the Murano. If so and Nissan itself is waiving the final two monthly payments on your current vehicle to get you into something new, then there's nothing wrong with leasing a new vehicle a month or two early.

If on the other hand, Nissan is not running an official early termination program on this car and the dealer is absorbing the cost of your final two payments to get you into a new vehicle now then you would be better off waiting to get something new.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi whitall. Five years is the longest term that NMAC publishes residual values for. Its current 60-month residual for a 2009 Murano SL AWD is 35% for leases with 15,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi daz499. I've seen the info that you're looking for, but this vehicle's lease program varies by term, mileage allowance, and trim level. You never mentioned what any of these variables are, so I'm going to have to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Nissan Murano S AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00164 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • wnukwnuk Posts: 40
    Just got this quote from a dealer on an 09 Murano S AWD.
    MSRP: 30940
    Sale Price: 29000
    Rebates: 1250
    Trade Allowance: 7700 (06 Dodge Grand Caravan, 63K miles)
    Balance owed: 8357
    Taxes of $1253
    Fees: $178
    Down Payment: $1000 (out of pocket)
    1st month payment due at signing

Dealer quoted money factor of .00164 and 16707 residual (same as car man quoted). His lease price for 39 months was quoted at $414.35

When I run these exact numbers through the lease calculator here at edmunds it gives me a payment of $370.75. A difference of $43.60 monthly or $1700 over the 39 months. Any explination or is he giving me a marked up deal somewhere? How do you present this to the dealr in a "tactful" way.

TIA
    Thanks Car_man,

I'm actually looking for the rates of an 09 Murano SL AWD 39 month lease, 12k miles a year.

Also you know how much total cash back is available? I know there is $750 but another dealer said Nissan came out with an additional $1250 over the weekend? This is for the northeast region, NY.
    Take your calculator and numbers to the dealer and sit down with the rep and do the lease. Then you can see why the numbers don't match. Easy.
    Update: Went back to the dealer with my calculations. The salesman looked confused at first so I sat with the finance manager to review their quote and my calculations. Their initital offer was $1000 down, my trade and a payment of $414.35 (see my last post for specifics).

After going over my numbers (finance manager offering no explination as to why they were different to begin with) he relented to $1000 down, my trade, and $377 per month. A difference of $37.35 per month or $1456.65 over the 39 month lease.

This is a 2009 Murano S with convenience package.

MSRP: $30940
    Selling Price: $19243 (This breaks down to $28493 selling price minus $8000 for trade minus $1250 in rebates.)
    Residual is $16708 and Money Factor is .00164

Add back in the buyout on my trade ($8357, net loss of $357 on trade) and $1000 due at signing. Nissan is charging a $595 origination fee for the lease which is included in the lease payment. All taxes and fees are included in the $377 payment also.

I did not commit to the deal yet but I think it is very good. I'm trying to decide between the Murano and a Traverse LT1. Two different vehicles, I know. Best lease deal on the Traverse so far is $443 with $1800 down for 39 months or $425 for 48 months.
    Hope this helps some of you. The value of doing the research and calculating the payment yourself is well worth the time to learn how to do.
    Most everyone who knows leasing would tell you to take the 8k trade as a cash check from the dealer and put it in the bank. Use it to supplement your higher monthly payments. This way you have no equity in the lease should the vehicle be totaled. If not -- make sure you have gap insurance to cover what you put down. I think nissan includes it in their leases.
    jayrider-you may have misunderstood. I still have a loan balance on my trade of $8357. I couldn't do what you suggested, thought I fully understood what you were getting at.
    Ok --- understood.
  • I signed a deal last night and didn't notice the dealer stuck in a $395 disposition fee. When I went back they were closed. I haven't picked up the murano yet. Can I get them to take it off before delivery?
    By the way my deal was:
    2009 Murano sl awd, leather premium, 360 package.
    List $36,100
    3k at signing, $399 per month 39 months tax incl in NJ
    deal wasn't as good as my 06 with the money factor being the difference. Best was .00164
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.