Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi hiloyo. I don't believe that you ever mentioned the specific trim level Murano that you are interested in, so for now I will assume that you want an '09 Murano S AWD. Let me know if you want something different. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of an '09 Murano S AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00239 and 59%, respectively.

Your vehicle's residual value is set by the bank that you are leasing it through and individual dealers do not have the authority to alter it. However, dealers are often allowed to "mark-up" or pad vehicle's money factors to add additional, hidden profit to deals. This is why it is important to know what the buy rate is for the model that you want prior to visiting dealers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Welcome dannyhashovav. Congratulations on your new baby girl. Traditionally, manufacturers captive finance companies, like Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp., are willing to extend lessees deals for a few months at their current payment. Unfortunately, I don't recall ever seeing NMAC renegotiate a lower payment with someone who wants to extend their lease.

You're right, the auto industry is in shambles right now, so you never know. Given NMAC a call directly and see if they are willing to work with you. As I mentioned, I suspect that they will not, but you don't have anything to lose by asking. If they are willing to extend your current lease at a lower monthly payment, make sure to stop back and let us all know.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks much Car_man,
    appreciate your response and I will surely post what NMAC response would be after I call them to discuss.
    thanks again.
  • In my opinion, I wouldn't lease a Murano for $500 a month. If you were wanting to save a little money you could easily lease a LOADED Ford Edge Limited for $375 or if you wanted to keep it at $500 I'd go with the Acura RDX. The Ford Edge is the way better deal though. It has all the same bells and whistles as the other two but actully is offered at an attractive price.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,200
    I drove a ford edge and was hoping it would make me want to buy but the drivetrain was loud and the throttle was touchy so I drove the murano and was sold. Liked everything else about the edge so when my lease runs out , I'll give it a serious revisit. I also saw nothing related to a lease on any ford. Thought the american car makers discontinued them because they lost out big time. My loaded sl awd is $330 for 36 months.
  • I also want to lease a 2009 Murano LE AWD. Why in 2005 was I able to lease a 42k Murano with GPS AND DVD for $389 month including taxes with 15k miles per year? My lease is up January 1st and would like to own another Murano, however I refuse to pay $600 per month for a leased car. All the dealers are complaining and actually had my dealer call today saying the the payment will increase if I don't take advantage this month. I found a quote for an Infiniti FX35 and G35 loaded with a better lease rate. I have been a loyal Nissan owner for the past 20 years, numerous Maximas, Pathfinders, 350Z and finally a Murano. I guess it's time to look for another SUV such as the Lexus or maybe the Mazda CX-9! Come on Nissan give us better Murano Lease options!
  • As promised. I called NMAC and spoke about wanting to continue with a lease on my 05 Murano, but at new, negotiated terms. First they had hard time understanding what I wanted ("Do you want to terminate your lease? You will have to pay termination fees..." the lady with a heavy accent kept asking....)Anyways, after about 10 minutes on the phone with them, I finally understood that I better be off with a new car, at new rates with new warranties and less hassle. though I really really love my car and would have a hard time parting with it :-)
    thanks
  • aillonaillon Posts: 10
    I actually was sold on the Edge, I was just about to pull the trigger when I thought I should just test drive the Murano. 30 seconds into the test drive I was sold on the Murano. The Murano's ride and transmission is light years ahead of the Edge. Edge is cheaper though.
    I had the same experience and I really wanted the Edge. By going with the Sl instead of the LE, with awd, premium, moonroof, leather, mats and guards my price came in at $29200. Don't think I could have done much better on the Edge. In three years when my lease is up, I'm hoping the Edge has been upgraded and polished to get me interested again.
  • hiloyohiloyo Posts: 3
    The Murano I'm trying to lease is an SL FWD with Leather and Premium pkg.
    Msrp 32045 negotiated today 29117 today.Everyone happy til I pull the Lease card.
    Whoa round and round we go,that price only for purchase bla bla bla.
    Their next ploy Ok price is 29117 money factor .002750 and residual %52.
    I said can you wait I want to call NMAC to see if those 2 numbers are current.
    Whoa again bla bla you can't have everything your way bla bla.
    I simply said are we through playing games and are we going to make a deal.
    Response these are the numbers,my response Have a nice day.
    Of course the salesman is chasing me across the parking lot explaining he had nothing to do with it,and maybe if i would look at a lower model Murano i could do better.
    I actually called NMAC after I left the dealer and they would NOT tell me the residual or money factor,they said see a local dealer.
    I guess my question after all of this is , how do I find the current residual and money factor from NMAC which is who the lease will be through.
    Getting frustrated with Las Vegas Nissan dealers.Only 1 left i haven't been to.
    Thanks for any help.
    My dealer in alton ,Illinois will sell you a murano sl with awd, moonroof, premium, leather, mats and mud guards --- list 34240 -- sell 29266 .
    My lease numbers from them were money factor=.00315 and depreciation fee %59 for a 36 month lease. Those figures are from NMAC. What you do with sales tax and down payment is up to you but with $5400 down [includes $1900 tax] my payments are $330. 12k per year. The 39 month figures were .003025456 and 57%.
    You could fly to St. Louis buy or lease the better equipped murano and drive it home and not have any grief. If you have the time you could save and take the bus.
    The dealership is Autocenters nissan , wood river, Il. Good luck.
  • flightnurseflightnurse at 35K feetPosts: 1,524
    Why woud you put $5400 down on a lease, the idea behinding leases is to get into the car with nothing down... Use someone elses money to drive the car not your own.
    Zero down would have cost me around $500 per month. With $5400 down my payments are $330. The difference of $170 X 36 = $6120. If I put the 5400 in a cd at 5.00% for 36 months then my $5400 would grow to $6251. A $130 penalty but I just feel better with the lower payments. If I put it in a 3-4% money market , I'm ahead about $130. This is my first lease so maybe I'll do things differently next time. From what I'm reading online, I still think I did pretty well for a rookie. I'm certainly open to advice on how to do better. Constructive suggestions are always welcome.
    It's also worth noting that every lease offer I've seen has $3-5k down and that doesn't include sales tax. My $5400 included $1900 in sales tax. Very few sign and drive deals and those are usually base vehicles that I wouldn't want.
  • You're very welcome, dannyhashovav.

Car_man
    Host
  • I agree with flightnurse. Why would you put money down on a lease??? That is the point of leasing. Saving money vs a regular bank loan. The point really isn't WELL IF I PUT MY MONEY IN CD'S....blah blah blah. If the Queen had a package she'd be the King. The point is FIND A CHEAPER LEASE. People, you can't just go find ANY car and say "yes I will lease that one." Not if you are trying to get a good deal anyway. Shop around. Weigh the bank loan vs lease option.

I leased my Ford Edge (LOADED, AWD. MSRP $35K) for $349 with ZERO DOWN, ZERO OUT OF POCKET except first payment. That is how it's supposed to be done. If you find a car that is $30K and it's lease payment is over $500, you might as well buy it.
  • stoopystoopy Posts: 105
    I've been looking at 09 Murano. I'm with you. I just can't justify paying over $500 a month for a leased vehicle. Frankly, it is ridiculous. You are supposed to only be paying for depreciation and usage fee. I have been reading this forum hoping for some wisdom or a beam of light or something. Mostly all I've read is how people are getting WORKED by their dealers and Nissan.

I got a quote for an 09 Subaru Forester Limited AWD loaded for 36 months NOTHING DOWN and it was $353 a month. A $29,000 MSRP truck and it wastn't $500 a month!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll probably go with that.

Good luck to all.
  • Wow, did anyone catch the article that Nissan is cutting back production on the Murano because lack of sales and large inventory? Why spend millions of dollars on Murano advertising when no one can afford the lease? Maybe Nissan wants out of the lease business.
  • this sounds like a great deal, can you send me the dealer you got this from as i am being quoted your deal but for a SL....i would rather the LE if i could get your deal.

thanks
    Gee Chuck , thanks for the constructive reply. I especially liked the caps that emphasized your respectful, helpful demeanor. And the blah blah blah comment really set me straight in a friendly sort of way. I hope you enjoy your Edge. My wife and I really enjoy the Murano.
    Now getting back to the topic, I would be interested in the details of your lease. When you got it and for how long? Did you get the LTD Edge and what did you do about sales tax. Do you have any knowledge of the domestic manufacturers discontinuing leasing because I don't see much advertised in this regard. Thanks
    you read my lease details which have been targeted as less than stellar. Like I said, I'm a rookie at leasing but love the murano and still feel I did ok putting $ down. Probably do it differently next time but all car deals are money losers. Anyrate you mentioned the BMW X3 as a better leaser. Checked online and the deal is $3289 down plus tax [$2500] and title, reg, and doc fees extra. Probably 6k down. This is for 36 months at $389 per month / 10k miles per year. This is a base vehicle without heated seats and no moonroof. I like the murano much more than the BMW so show me the error of my ways. If BMW would agree to waive my downpayment and pay my taxes and add 2k miles per year and make my payments $330 instead of $389 then I would agree the deal is better. Show me the light!
This discussion has been closed.