Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• Someone at Nissan must be reading all of our posts, two different dealers told me that Nissan will be releasing new lease and purchase specials tomorrow.

Could this be true?
  • stoopystoopy Posts: 105
    I agree Chuck68516 was a "tad" harsh. But, he did inspire me to put my 2 cents in and I do agree having researched several different crossovers and SUV's that the Murano is way too unattractive of a lease. You can name several of their direct competitors that have leases $100 less per month or more. I get that some people lease to make financial sense and some people lease for their own strange reasons. Personally, I would not throw money down the toilet leasing when for a few extra dollars I could get a bank loan and own it. I have read a bunch of the so called experts in this forum and a lot of them are saying if you can't save at least $100 a month leasing vs. buying then don't lease. In my opinion that makes perfect sense.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,201
    I was set to buy the murano and with 5k down I would have been financing 26k. Assuming zero% financing [not available--could have had 3.9%] 36 month =$722, 60 month $433. I pay $330 for 36 which is all I want right now. Seems to fit your criteria but the most important factor is that I liked the murano much more than anything else in that class. To lease or buy something just because the deal is better when I don't want it doesn't make sense. I'm not saying those cars aren't fine rides but I wanted the murano awd,leather,double moonroof etc. I didn't want the bmw, lexus, edge, audi,mazda etc. I wanted to spend 3 years in a sapphire blue murano with the beige interior and I did the best I could with what was available. Even though you feel there are better deals, I got what I wanted and next time around I'll be a bit more discerning. But what I will promise you is that I will get what I WANT . Hopefully that will be a competitive lease but if it isn't, I'm still gonna get what I want. I really like this car and that's the bottom line. Neither my wife nor I smoke, drink or gamble. If you engage in any of these activities you do so because you enjoy them. Those can be expensive habits but it's your money and I'm happy if your happy. A very moderate monthly budget for those activities would be $8-900 a month for the two of us.My payment is $350. If the lease rates on the murano aren't as competitive as some other cars, so be it. Could I have done better? Probably, but not for what I wanted when I wanted it.
    When I'm too old to drive, sitting in a nursing home in an electric wheel chair, I'm going to remember the cars I really enjoyed driving not the ones I got the best deal on. It would be nice if they were one and the same but if they're not ,they're not..Who knows what will ring my chimes in three years. These car deals are all losers so I'll do my best on the finances and go for the smile factor.
    $1000 rebate on muranos but doesn't apply to those who lease --- yet.
  • I have a 2007 Infiniti M 35 X that my wife drives. The lease is up in a few days. She loved it. I can't wait to get rid of the big payment and the 15-16 miles per gallon.
    She really liked the new Maxima but there are no lease deals out there. Too new!
    So, she now likes the 2009 Nissan Murano SL AWD, loaded, with Nav. Sticker is about $38,000.
    I haven't received one incentive from Nissan Motor Credit to get into another Infiniti or any other Nissan product! It really ticks me off!
    I have to make a decision in a few days.
    I been to a dozen Nissan dealers. There are tons of Muranos out there!
    I am looking for 36 months, not 39. Don't want to be looking for a car in Feb. in 3 years. 15 K per year. An extnded bumper to bumper warranty to bridge the gap from the 36K that Nissan gives you, and the reality of the 45k I am signing up for.
    I want to pay the first payment, title and plates. I tell each dealer $1,000 out of pocket.
    The best prices I am getting are $499, $489, $487.
    What do you think???????????????????
    I would really like the LE for her but the prices on those seem to be about $550?
  • There are deals to be made, dont give up on the Murano.

I'm in the tri-state area (ny/nj/ct) and recently signed a new lease:

2009 Murano SL
    moon roof
    Tech pkg
    prem pkg
    leather
    rails
    mud flaps
    floor mats

$150 down
    $499/39mth lease

i am very happy with this lease
    good luck
    Don't know the details of your lease but it sounds unbelievably good. 1k down and less than 500 a month with 15k miles. The good thing is that the're projecting the residual at 21k [%57] and in three years after the auto industry crash it probably will be worth $12-14. Not your problem nor mine. There will be a ton of Muranos available and the loan values will be way down. Good for leasers bad for buyers who want to trade.
  • rorodadrorodad Posts: 13
    Hi:
    I totally agree with your post. I too am looking for a Murano awd,leather,double moonroof. If I understand your post, you are paying $350/month (tax included ?) for 36 months. Where did you get this deal ? This is the amount I want to pay to lease. Any money down?
    Was bank fee included in the $350. ? Thanks for your anticipated response. Bob
  • jmarinojmarino Posts: 19
    Simmons-Rockwell is leasing the Murano S model right now for $389 a month 39 months 12,000 NO MONEY down .. I was quoted $429.00 a month same specs on SL .. Is this deal too good to be true ?
  • Thanks for the information. I called the dealership for a quote this morning!
    My lease payments were figured on the 3k down that Nissan advertised and here in Illinois you have to pay sales tax on the delivered price of the car --$1900. I could have rolled it all into the lease payment but I chose to pay the 5K upfront. I negotiated almost 5K off msrp so there was very little surplus hidden in the deal. Most advise rolling everything into the lease payments--- this was my first lease so next time that's probably what I'll do but the total cost is pretty much the same.
    Leasing overall seems to becoming less attractive as manufacturers have been getting burned with higher depreciation than forecasted. Good luck.
  • jmarinojmarino Posts: 19
    Did they give you that deal on the Murano S ?
  • I called the dealership in upstate N.Y., They didn't have the Murano SL loaded in White. He couldn't quote me and at the end didn't want to bother. Waste of time!
  • Anyone have recent experience negotiating the lease on an LE with dual moonroof, navigation, and roof rail cross bars (or similar features)? If so, can you tell us the price you based the lease on, residual, and money factors?

Also, does anyone have any experience turning in a leased Nissan recently? We own a Murano that we will be turning in, and have heard horror stories about the AIM inspection process (eg, coming up with big bills for damage, tire wear, etc.) and we want to know if anyone else has experienced this. If so, we'd like to try and negotiate around this in leasing a new Murano.
  • If your willing to lease a new Murano, they probably won't hassle you too much for damage. When I turned in my Pathfinder lease, they wanted $425 for damages but were willing to look the other way if you leased or bought a new car. Just make sure you don't except a ridiculously bad lease only to save a few hundred bucks - the salesmen's first offer will no doubt be awful.
  • I had the guy from AIM out last week. It was a kid with a laptop. He looked it over in 5 minutes and gave a a quick clean bill of health. No hastle at all!
    I am still trying to lease and SL AWD loaded for under 500 with 1,000 out of pocket. found it for $488 but it got sold from under me. Now the best I've found is $498, 15k, 36 month with an extended warranty to 45,000.
    An LE would put it to $550-575 per month.
  • Just leased a fully loaded white SL including Navigation.
    15k miles per year for 39 months
    No money down except for first payment. Since I was leaving a 2005 Murano I was able to take advantage of $1,000 for owner loyalty.
    Total including taxes $492 per month. All I can say is Wow, what a great vehicle!
    Lots of power, very cool technology and better gas mileage. I too wanted a loaded LE , however MF and residual is better on the SL.
    did you get the extended warranty to carry you beyond 3 year/ 36k ?
  • No extended warranty. I have been a loyal Nissan fan for about 15 years.
    3 Maximas, 2 Pathfinders and 2 Muranos. None of my vehicles have ever been in for service except for routine oil changes. I wish I could have said the same for all my
    Pontiac vehicles.
  • zone7zone7 Posts: 2
    Just leased an SL AWD '09 Murano with prem package and leather package:

$2700 out of pocket (includes taxes and fees) + 1st months payment

for $384/mo. @ 39 months. Thought it was a good deal at first, but now I'm not so sure. Great car.
This discussion has been closed.