Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• siguy77siguy77 Posts: 1
    Has anyone leased an SL starting in August? Do you know what the residual and money factor are for an August lease? Going tomorrow and was just going to use the July #'s from above if nobody knows.
  • armenharmenh Posts: 6
    Looking to lease a 2010 Murano in the next month or two. We currently have a lease for a 2007 Murano, some deals we should be receiving include, waiver of rest of payments, 500 dollar waiver on wear and tear as well as 1500 incentive, is there anything else on the Murano's? We are looking for an SL with Tech Package, Leather Package and Premium Package, MSRP is 35,000, invoice is 32,500. What is the best price you think we can get, I am aiming for invoice price plus the incentives on a lease for 36 or 39 months would that happen? Also what are the residual and money factors for August??
  • eric312eric312 Posts: 71
    My lease on Murano is ending in November. I am in New York city.

I got a call from my dealer that if I turn in my car 3 months earlier they will get me a new lease for “slightly lower” payments because there is a high demand for used Muranos.

Is there a some sort of a catch I should know about?

Are there any lease incentives for 2010 Muranos?

Are there any specials for returning customers?
  • benneybbenneyb Posts: 13
    edited August 2010
    Hi Carman/all,

We are looking at LE AWD's primarily but also a couple of maxed out SLs. Can you please provide the August (or most recently available) MFs and Residuals for both the LE AWD and SL AWDs for 12k miles per year?

Many thanks.
  • bexbexbexbex Posts: 3
    edited August 2010
    Car man (and others),

Looking for NMAC's August MF and residual value for:
    -2010 Murano SL and LE AWD
    -12K and 15K miles/year
    -36 months (is this an option through NMAC?) and 39 months

Also, are the MF and/or RV negotiable?

Finally, any special lease rates for Labor Day or September worth waiting for, or is it better to take advantage of the August specials?

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hey nissanman42. No, you can lease a Murano for 39 months if you want to.

NMAC's August 39 month buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Murano SL AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00147 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi siguy77.

NMAC's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Murano SL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00147 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi eric312. Nope, there's no catch. Nissan is running an official early lease termination program right now that enables current NMAC lessees to get out of their leases up to three months early for free if they purchase or lease a new Nissan.

Nissan is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of the 2010 Murano in certain areas, of which NYC is one.

Nissan is also providing a $1,500 owner loyalty cash incentive on this model to current NMAC lessees, but I'm not sure if this cash is compatible with the early lease termination offer.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go Benney.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Murano LE AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00147 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Murano SL AWD are .00147 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    edited August 2010
    Here's the information that you're looking for.

NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Murano SL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00147 and 50%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00147 and 49%.

The numbers for a 36 month lease of a Murano LE AWD are .00147 / 47%. The 39 month numbers for this vehicle are .00147 / 46%.

While you should make sure that the dealer is using these numbers to calculate your lease payment, you won't be able to negotiate a better deal than this. The main negotiable aspect of your lease is your Murano's selling price.

It's difficult to say what, if anything Nissan will do with its incentives for Labor Day. Nissan has a propensity to introduce incremental $500 bonus cash incentives on its models over holiday weekends. I would not be surprised if it did so for Labor day, but there's no guarantee that it will.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you, car_man

A few more questions.

What is the residual and money factor on Murano S AWD 36 and 39 months 12,000 miles?

Does Nissan offer mileage options less than 12,000 miles?

Is there a way to find out if $1500 owner loyalty is available for early terminations and if it can be combined with $750 cash incentive?

Is the sales tax paid on the entire capitalized cost or just the monthly payments?
    One more question

Is the bank fee/acquisition fee negotiable? Is it "required" by Nissan for returning customers?
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Posts: 985
    It is required and non-negotiable.
    You're very welcome, eric312.

NMAC's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Murano S AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00147 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I don't believe that NMAC offers leases with only 10,000 miles per year, but if it does its residual values for that allowance are probably 1% higher.

The $1,500 loyalty cash is definitely compatible with the $750 lease cash. I'm just not sure if it's compatible with the early lease termination program. If I had to guess, I'd say that it probably is, but I'm certainly not positive that it the case.

The methods for calculating sales tax on leased vehicles vary from state to state.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Carman,

Please tell me if this was a good deal. Just leased a 2010 Murano SL AWD with 360 degree package, premium,leather, splashguards, mats, cross roofrails, MSRP was $37,150.00, 39 months and 12k miles per year.

$345/month with a total drive away of $3,900.00 out the door that included everything. Received the full $2250.00 rebate since I came off an 07 Murano SL AWD. Great Car..Rides much better than the 07. Nicer fit and finish as well than the 07.
  • bexbexbexbex Posts: 3
    Thanks, Car man!

I've decided to go with a 2010 AWD Murano LE (+nav/mats/splash guards) 39mo/15K miles.

There are several available at different dealerships in my area, and I wanted to get your feedback on whether or not this is a good deal, or if I should keep looking:

MSRP $41,670 (includes Destination Fee)
    Invoice $38,295
    Cash incentive $750
    Sale price $37,750
    MF .00147
    RV 46%
    Doc fees $199
    Extended warranty $353
    Tax/title/registration
    Dealer holdback is $1,000+ (can't remember exact amount)

If I understand this correctly, the dealer comes out $205 above invoice once the cash incentive is factored in ... is that correct? I tried to negotiate the sale price lower but wasn't able to. Should I shop around for a better sale price?

Is there anything else that looks out of line with this deal to you (or anyone else)?

Thanks!!!
    Car man,

I went to dealer on Saturday.

He told me residual value is 52% on Murano S for 12k miles and +1% or 53% for 10k miles. I know you said it was supposed to be 54% but "he was 100% sure its only 53%".

He confirmed $750 rebate and $1500 can be used together on early lease terminations.

Does anyone know if there will be additional incentive for Labor Day and when they will go in effect?

Does anyone have experience with Nissan's excessive wear and tear charges, how strict are they?
  • mrleasemrlease Posts: 4
    Carmen,

What was the bottom line price for the car before tax, title & reg.. Did you just get the $2250.00 off MSRP or invoice cost.

What was the invoice price?

Did you get tax credits for your trade?

What is the residual, dollar amount or %

Money factor rate or interest

Did it come with GAP insurance?
    I work for the largest auto consumer leasing companies in the country. If you can get me some specific information I can help you in making sure you are getting a deal or not.

For the most part, using the manufactures leasing programs is not the best deal.

All manufactures are very strict on their wear & tear, because they are setting the residual way out of line with the market.

One- you never ever put money down unless it is mandatory from the finance company. Make them show you in writing from the bank the amount, even at that shop around.

There residuals are not set at a realistic future value. Yes the payment may look good at the moment, but if you ever decide to trade out early you will not be able too because the residual is set way to high for the market.

Almost always you are going to have to come out of pocket with some cash.

In most states, you cannot get tax credits when you trade in a lease to go with another make of car.

Example:

Lease a Nissan through Nissan, what to trade out ealry and go with a Honda, cannot get tax credits on the trade.

Most manufactures do not have GAP insuarnce with there leasing programs so you have to pay extra for it.

There is a lot more I could explain, but always rememer 1 thing, the dealer is 99.99% never on the consumers side.

if I can help please let me know.
    Did they give you a payment.

What is the tax rate for your state.
    For the most part, using the manufactures leasing programs is not the best deal.

For imports the manufacturer's leasing program is almost ALWAYS the best deal. For many domestics a third party is the way to go, but in general leasing a domestic is a bad deal.

All manufactures are very strict on their wear & tear, because they are setting the residual way out of line with the market.

Not true. Honda is very well know for how liberal they are with wear and tear. I have had lease turn-in inspection with Infiniti and they were fine. Infiniti also gives you $500 of forgiveness for leasing another Infiniti. Honda gives up to $1500 in forgiveness

There residuals are not set at a realistic future value. Yes the payment may look good at the moment, but if you ever decide to trade out early you will not be able too because the residual is set way to high for the market.

But the majority don't trade out, so a higher residual is better.

Most manufactures do not have GAP insurance with there leasing programs so you have to pay extra for it.

This is simply not true.

Oh yea a nice little scam from a third party leasing bank, US Bank. Last year I traded in an IS250 a year early on a lease. US Bank gave me the payoff of 21.5k. Then when the dealer called to confirm the payoff his payoff was 22.3k. Reason why? US Bank had a contract with me, not the dealer. That lease was my last uneducated lease, I will never lease from a third party again.

but always remember 1 thing, the dealer is 99.99% never on the consumers side.

This I'll agree with you on. They make more money on selling you the car at a higher price, overpriced add-ons, and the most infuriating financing. The "largest auto consumer leasing companies in the country" are no different.
    It is my understanding that GAP insurance is included on Nissan leases automatically, at least it was on my 2007.

I got $2250 off invoice and was told there is a somekind of dealer holdback $ on the car.
  • The Gross Cap Cost was about $32,812.00 before 8.625% tax. 39 months.. The $2250 was reflected in the NMAC lease. The invoice was $34,010. No trade in. This was a lease. Residual was 50% and the mf was .00147. Gap insurance included. The total cash due out the door was $3900.00 $345/month 39 months..12k a year....
    Yes I know, that is why I said mrlease's comment about gap was not true
    Yes that is true. I never said all manufactures. Average hold back is 3% of MSRP. $35,000.00 car, dealer has $1050.00 cash you do not know about. Some cases especially when you wait until the last day of the month to buy, if you tell them you want half of hold back, depending on how there month went they will give it up.
  • dechodecho Posts: 16
    Hi all,
    I've got an offer for a Murano S AWD (no options!) 39mon 39k,
    1500 out of pocket, 330 per month.
    Returning Murano leesee.
    I'm in the Albany NY area and wondering of this is a good deal.
    Thanks 4 your help
  • Hi - Would this be a good deal or can we do better? We are in the Philly area. We are debating if we should take advantage of the Pull Ahead Program and go into a new Murano or wait until our lease ends in November and look at all of our options.

2010 Murano SL AWD
    Includes Sunroof and Backup Camera
    We were told this one has cloth seats which is what we are looking for but another dealer says it is impossible to get the sunroof and backup camera with cloth (our current 07 Murano has this)

39 months, 12K a year
    MSRP: 35,900
    Monthly Payment: 414 + 9% PA tax = 451.26 a month
    Out of Pocket: 1st month, 595 bank fee and Title/Tags = $1325

Thank you!
    edited August 2010
    Is there a "standard" disposition fee for Murano leases?

:confuse:
    Does anyone know what September lease program will be?

Are there any specials for Labor Day?
    No one except people at Nissan corporate know what September will bring.
This discussion has been closed.