Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• jamrimanjamriman Posts: 14
    Thanks Jayrider, so your saying even though it has low miles for an 06, its still not worth $19K? Many thanks!
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,252
    It may be worth 19k retail or more but since the residual was high on the muranos you would have been better off purchasing it instead of leasing.What was your original purchase price? Add all your lease payments together and add it to 19k plus sales tax twice and see what you actually will pay for the truck. The auction prices may be 14k and if you could buy it for that then great. Nissan will make money on your low mileage car.Lease another new one -- extra savings if you re-lease.
  • jamrimanjamriman Posts: 14
    I see your point. Better off putting that 19K towards another car or lease. Many thanks for your advice!!!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hello garymor. Here's the info that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 Murano S FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00164 and 54%, respectively.

Nissan is providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car in select regions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi thenestcafe. Do you know the MSRP and selling price of this vehicle? I ask because these are very important numbers to find out when leasing. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given. Let me know what they are and I'll be happy to tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Carman:

My Murano 2006 lease is coming to an end on July 15. Due to unforeseen special circumstances, I am over the mileage limit by approx. 26,000 miles (0.20 cents for mile, approx $5,000) These same circumstances make my husband and I impossible to pay for this right now. Will Nissan Motor Acceptance work with us on this, like giving me a new loan for this amount? By the way, my credit that was great when I bought it, is terrible now.
    Of course I will return the car.

Please help!!!! :cry:
    Hi indianriver13. I am sorry to hear about your difficult situation. It is tough to say whether NMAC will be willing to work with you. Your best bet is to call then directly and see what they say. I would not be surprised at all if they allowed you to pay off the $5,000 a little at a time in some sort of installment plan, but I don't know that they will be willing to do this for certain.

Car_man
    Host
  • mshalo18mshalo18 Posts: 4
    My lease on my 2006 Murano is up in December. I would like to lease a new Murano within the next 3 months. Has anybody tried to this lately? Am I wasting my time even trying at this point in time? Any suggestions are appreciated.
  • Hi Carman!!!

I called NMAC following your advice. Their policy is after returning the car I have 120 days to pay for miles, damages, etc. After this time the balance goes to collection with no chance of instalments. They wont help in any other way. :mad:

I hope this information is helpful to others in similar situations.

Thanks for your advice, at least now I know what it is going to happen.
  • eardoceardoc Posts: 4
    Leased a 09 Murano - when signing the lease noted a disposition fee of $395 if car not purchased at end of lease. Never seen this before(have leased 3 Nissans and 1 Infiniti before). Was never informed abouth this by the salesperson(who actually told us he did not know about it himself - poor salesmanship or just a scam?).
    Comments please
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,708
    Disposition fees have pretty much become the norm for most leasing companies the last few years.. Some captive finance companies have had them for a long time (BMWFS, for example), but it seems they are all jumping on the bandwagon..

Like the acquisition fee, it's generally non-negotiable..

I'm not surprised your salesperson didn't know about it.. especially, if the change is recent for Nissan..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• petrus36petrus36 Posts: 18
    I got 09 SL AWD with leather package, premium package, panoramic roof, tech package, 39 months, 15k/year, $2,000 total drive off for $429 including tax in N.H.
    Hey indianriver13. Sorry that NMAC wasn't willing to do more for you. Thanks for taking the time to report back and let everyone know how everything turned out.

Car_man
    Host
  • dsn187dsn187 Posts: 1
    I currently am leasing a 2007 Maxima SE with 19,500 miles. I have a 39 month lease and have 15 months remaining. My residual amount is 14, 487 and my payoff is 22,450 - my current payments are 544 a month (a high payment because I traded in a car that I owed money on). I do have a dent in the bumper - very easy to fix (no paint damage - will just need the bumper taken off and it pused back out) Anyway, is it possible to get out of the lease early and get a lower payment? I'm looking to lease a 2009 Murano - open to options. Should I just hold on to it until the lease is up?
    Any advice would be great.
  • basslerbassler Posts: 2
    I am looking at 2009 AWD LE fully loaded but no DVD or Nav.
    I have been give a price of $36,000 and a lease of 39 months 12,000 miles a year.
    I would put 0 down and pay $599 a month including tax in the Orlando FL market.
    Do you think I could do any better?
    Easy decision -- wait. Used car values are rocketing. You may actually have some trade in equity when you get a new one.What is the buy out listed on your lease contract?
  • geenicegeenice Posts: 2
    I am coming to the end of my lease on a 2006 Murano S and plan on entering into a new lease for either an S AWD or SL AWD within the next 6 weeks. Can someone provide me with some ballpark figures as to decent monthly payments in NJ, assuming $0 down (other than required payments, such as 1st month payment, registration, etc.)? Thanks in advance.
  • Hello everybody! :)

I have 2007 Murano SL (leather, dual zone a/c, sunroof) w 11,150 miles and $0.00 total damage assessed by AiM =Alliance Inspection Management. My Payoff quote is $21,323. I’m planning to lease 09 Murano for 3 years by the end of this month.

Do I have more negotiating power when I return a car like this to the dealership I will be leasing a new one from or they don’t really care? Thank you!
  • Only if the your car fetches MORE than you're payoff (residual value) that the leasing company has set initially. If you do get some equity out of it (which I highly doubt you will in leases), you can use that towards your new lease.
    Real world wholesale value on your car is several grand over 21k. If you go to a dealer now -- doesn't have to be nissan-- they may want your car bad enough to offer you more than the payoff. Sell it to them - payoff your lease and keep the difference toward a new whatever.You can sell it yourself and get 2-3 grand over 21k Trust me -- your murano with only 11500 miles will hit the used car lot for 27-28k and sell. That is a very hot suv. If you wait until lease end -- you are stuck and won't get a dime for your creampuff. Play one nissan dealer against another if you want another murano but don't wait -- get busy. Some might say I'm crazy but you can prove it one way or the other by shopping it around. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.