Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• Car-man----thank you very much for your prompt reply. ;)
    I went to Auto Tech Nissan in Manhattan today very good people.
    here is what they offer.
    Murano S AWD 07616 4dr Wgn S w/ac, automatic.
    term 39 - 12000 miles
    MSRP $31,075.00
    Selling price $28,506.00
    monthly payment is $336.20 w/o tax
    could you please let me know if this is correct. please include your residual and money factor.
    thank you. :)
    And I'll hope this is my last dealer ship visit I want this car please help?????
  • Great site here!
    Wondering how this lease deal looks...This is for a 2006 S series FWD Murano with "conveince package". 12k/year
    MSRP is 29,205
    Sell price 26,700
    O down payment...Only tax, title and tags due at signing which is 1,142.
    349/month for 39 months.
    I then brought up my trade in, trying to get payments closer to 300/month.
    With trade in payments would now be 318/month for 39 months...I feel the trade in price was generous as the car does need some work.
    Please let me know what you think. Thanks.
  • terry92270terry92270 Posts: 1,247
    Read the post directly above yours, #245, and you decide.

I would go to NYC, if you are somewhat near, and lease the better car, with AWD, etc. ;)
  • deal is not good i will tell you right no. $245 is my reply i got my car for 39 month lease AWD, CONV package for 350 including tax. plus got a full gas tank from the dealer.
    you can go it is located on 57th and 11th ave, placed called Autotech Nissan, guys name is Jack Littlefield.
    he will do any thing to make you happy. he is very good guy. you can tell hi that Ilda and Alina got this deal and you want better one he might give oyu if not you will get the same as I got. Good Luck!!!!!! :shades:
  • forgot to mention NO down payment no trade in. :shades:
  • You're welcome ildarad0. The selling price and monthly payment that you were quoted for the Murano that you are interested in look good to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi Car man,

I was wondering if you can tell me if this is a good deal. I've been shopping for a 2006 Nissan Murano for quite awhile now, but still can't make up my mind :)

06 Murano SL AWD, with Sunroof/Leather package. Lease for 39M, 12K miles / year, 1.37% interest rate, $1500 down (that includes fees/taxes/license/ first month/security), payment $402. The MSRP of the car is $35,240. Residual Value $18,325 (52%). Money factor .00057

If I can come up with $700 more for a cash down, the payments will be $380. Do you think this is a good deal?
    Is there a way to negotiate the MSRP price with a dealer? Or is it set price that will not change? I want a Murano so much, but I can't affort more than $400/month payments...

Thank you very much, your help is appreciated!!! :)
    Car Man...

At that price, shouldn't she be able to negotiate one that includes the stability control package as well? I believe it to be absolutely essential on the Mo.

Clueless, there is a post in this forum, or the Prices Paid one where another forum user from NYC posted a dealer with damn good prices, better than most in your area. ;)
  • Heres my experience. I negotiated Tax and title fees=$2789. 12000mi/yr 39mo. at $370/mo. At time of pick up I was sent to the idiot who offers the extended warranty etc.. I guess hes the finance person. He tried to tack on a $500 nissan lease fee. Non-negotiable. I asked him why wasn't this told to me by the salesperson? He told me that the sales people aren't told about this. What a load of BS! I told them it was dealbraker and of coarse got my way. I'm filing a complaint with nissan even though its futile. Hope this helps someone. BTW its Star nissan in Bayside, queens, NY.
  • jamriman, are you talking about Nissan's $550 acquisition fee?
    I thought this fee was non-negotiable. I am in the market, I always include the $550 acquistion fee and the $599 dealers fee in my calculations. Unfortunately dealers in my area are greedy: They want the 2%holdback plus the $599 dealers fee.
    Dealers are in business to make money, so that isn't being greedy. It is buyers who put extra money into their pockets by not refusing when told something is non-negotiable. ;)
  • Yes nomatter, Nissan's $550 acquisition fee, apparently is negotiable if its for an 06 left over and you are willing to kill the deal over it...
    The thing is, about buying a car, we all at times get anxious and just want a new car. They count on that. Never buy a new car when you really need it. Buy when you can take the time to walk out. I can't begin to tell you the number of times I have done that, only to arrive home to a call from the dealer on my machine, offering a lower price. ;)
  • Its a dirty business. Should I complain to Nissan or speak to the district manager about these BS tactics?
    Be direct, and speak to the Sales or General Manager, or both, at the dealership first. If they don't set things right, speak to the Nissan District Office.
  • apa1128apa1128 Posts: 11
    Here is my situation. I am $6K upside down on my 06 Toyota Sequoia (which I hate), and am dying to get into a Murano SL 2WD with Touring & Sirius. This is what I was quoted, and was told that it's 'the best he can do' in Jacksonville, FL

$28400 for my Sequoia, I owe $34423
    $1560 down $699/mo for 42mo 12K/yr
    selling price on murano $31984 (5K off MSRP)
    payments include tax

when I run the same scenario via edmunds lease calculator with the money factor and residual that is noted mulitple times on this forum recently (.00058 and 52% respectively) I come up with $571.22 including taxes Is there something I'm missing here?? I want OUT of my Sequoia ASAP, and just want to know what the deal is, and if he 'can do better'.
  • tmnjmaxtmnjmax Posts: 19
    A couple of questions-
    - Find out the real msrp of the Murano - its not 5k plus 31894 - too high for that model.Probably closer to 35k.
    - The .00058/52% rate is for 39 mos, not 42 mos- whats the real rate the dealer is using? Nissans 42 mo rate is I believe .00120 with 50% residual

You already know this is gonna hurt but if you're gonna do it at least make sure the dealers not screwing you coming and going. Insist on a lease worksheet which should show all of the relevant data -and do a little homework on the invoice pricing for that model Murano. Good Luck.
    The MSRP is $35335. Invoice is $32056. I have not seen a lease worksheet, but I was also told that it would be the same for 39 mos. I just want my payments to stay the same. I'm not asking for much more than that. Thanks for verifying the rates for me. I need all the luck I can get!
  • whitallwhitall Posts: 187
    If you are not firm on the exact Murano you must have, perhaps you should try selling your Sequoia on your own and see if you can get closer to paying it off. I know it will be hard, but it seems like you are throwing money down the toilet. You may have jumped into the Sequoia too quickly and I suggest you consider your options before jumping again. Also, maybe you can shop around to different Nissan dealers as far as your trade value. You should have an idea of a fair Murano price before you start shopping the trade. Be careful...if you are unhappy this time, it will be much harder to get out of it.

ALso, I remember on my lease worksheet there was a line for MAX something or other. It didn't apply to me. It was the max they could charge for the car, and is used when somebody is upside down on the car they are trading (Like you are-owing more than it's worth)That may be how they came up with 5,000 of the MSRP. They have to inflate the MSRP on the worksheet to factor in what you owe on your trade, and make it all work for the finance guys.

Anybody out there know if I am correct?
    These lease worksheets probably vary from state to state, one thing is certain - they are not designed to be consumer friendly. If you don't know what to look for you'll be lost in the jargon. The lease contracts are even worse. The simplest way to approach it is to keep three things in focus: interest rate(low), negotiated price(low) and residual value(high). As far as selling a 30k suv privately forget it, you're better off trading it. Just be realistic on the trade value - try to get KBB or Edmunds trade value or at least something better than wholesale.
    whithall/tmnjmax,
    I currently have the Sequoia listed on Lease Trader and Auto Trader. Not getting much activity on either. There are two reasons why I am trying to unload the Sequoia. One, the seat kills my already bad back. The lumbar is in the wrong place for my frame (I'm 5'4). It is very difficult to drive in excruciating pain every day. And, my husband just purchased a double cab truck, and we simply do not need 2 big trucks. At this point, I guess I'm just going to have to wait, and be in pain every time I drive. The Murano is the right size, and the seat fits my frame.
    I have emailed the dealer I was working with asking him about my numbers vs. his, and have not heard from him yet. I will be sure to post his response when/if I receive it. Also, out of the 3 local dealers, he was the best one as far as trade value, and willing to work with me. The rest pretty much said 'no deal' and low-balled the Sequoia.
  • Hi Car man,

I was hoping you could tell me if this seems like a reasonable lease offer. This is what the dealer e-mailed me:

2006 Nissan Murano SL FWD in Super Black with Charcoal leather interior

-cargo area protector
    -floor mats
    -SL leather / sunroof package
    -splash guards

List Price $33,595, your SALE PRICE $30,147.

39 month lease, 12,000 miles per year, $721.35 total due at lease inception and your payment is $375.04 plus tax. The residual at the end of the lease is $17,133.45.
    unquote

He did not give me the Money Factor, but according to www.tcalc.com the interest rate is 2.078% if I worked that out correctly. Not sure how that translates into the Money Factor.

So is this a good deal? This would be my first lease, but it seems pretty decent. Thanks for your input.
  • Hi clueless. The lease money factor that you were quoted for the Murano that you are interested in is right in line with Nissan's current lease program for it. This is always a good sign. I would be happy to give you my opinion on this deal, but it would be a big help if you were able to provide me with this truck's selling price first. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. If you tell me what this vehicle's selling price is, I can tell you if it is attractive and can use it to calculate what your monthly payment should be to double check what you were quoted.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Jamriman, I am sorry that you did not have a pleasant shopping experience. The dealer really wasn't being sleazy by trying to charge an acquisition fee on your lease. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp., Nissan's captive finance company, charges an acquisition fee of $550 on every vehicle that it leases. You can either pay this fee at lease signing or add it into your vehicle's capitalized cost. The dealer that you are working with did not have the authority to waive this charge, so they must have just cut the price that they were charging you for your Murano by $500. You can complain to Nissan or the dealership's manager all you want about the fact that you weren't told that there would be an acquisition fee on your lease, but unfortunately I'm not sure that they will care.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings prh2know. I believe that the Murano that you described has a spread of around $2,800 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. The selling price that you were quoted looks very attractive to me. Using the numbers that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $33,595 and a selling price of $30,147, I estimate that this truck's 39 month, 12,000 mile per year zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $361. If the payment that you were quoted includes sales tax, it's probably pretty close to what I came up with and this is a very good deal. In case you are interested, NMAC's buy rate money factor for a 39 month lease of this truck is .00057.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Looking to lease a 2006 Murano S.
    I have been offered the following:
    Sticker Price $28485
    Cap cost including $550 acquisition $26475
    Residual $14527
    Monthly pyt $329 for 39 mos 12000 mi per year
    nothing down just first months payment of $329 (does not include tax) Dealer says this is the best he can do.
    What do you think Mr. Car Man?
    I really like the car! Need to know soon my 2004 odyssey lease is expiring.
    Decent deal. That is a base Murano, but its still alot of car for 329+tax. Check out the improvements Nissan made for 2006. Better interior, quieter cabin, improved suspension and 7" color monitor. Even mpg should be an improvement over the odyssey.
  • lctcsclctcsc Posts: 5
    The car is a 2007 Murano SL 4D AWD w/ Touring Pkg. and DVD Entertainment System.
    After walking on the orig. numbers approached by Mgr. ofering a one-time coupon from Nissan for $17,000.
    Here is the deal...
    24 mo. Lease Prophet Scan
    South Carolina
    Named a "SignatureOne Lease Plan" w no security deposit.

Customer cash/Rebate $17,807.33
    Total Cash/Rebate Equity: $17,807.33
    Inception Fees: $899.00

Orig. MSRP $38,420.00
    MSRP Discounts: $0.00
    MSRP Adjustments: $0.00
    Adjusted MSRP: $38,420.00
    Residual value (62.0%): $23,820.40
    Annual Miles: 12,000
    Mileage Adj: =1.00% $384.20
    Adjusted residual Value: $24,204.60
    Assignment Fee: $550.00
    No up-front Tax.

One Pay payment: $17,807.33

I never heard of a deal like this. Is it a good legit deal?

After hedging on the deal, I questioned about a monthly lease at these numbers and they offered 39 months @ $499.00.
    Again I hedged and walked and upon leaving the manager lowered the One Pay Payment to $16,746.34.
  • Carman, thank you for your responce!
    I'm happy to report that I got a car, and that I coudn't have done it without Edmunds.com!!! such an informative site and this forum is one of the best! :)
    ok, so here is what I got:

Murano SL AWD w/touring, splash guards, rails on the roof, sunroof visor. Beatiful silver color with black leather, ahhh, I LOVE IT!!!
    The dealers were very pushy, but I was strong, and I stuck to my budget! I spend 6 hours on the dealership yesterday, but it was worth it :)
    I leased it for 39 month, with $1000 down and $379/month payments, 15K miles per year :) I fought for every freaking penny. The residual value of the car is going to be 18K. They told me that the residual is calculated off the MSRP? Because by the numbers I got, looks like they sold the car for under the invoice price, if I'm wrong, please correct me.
    Anyhow, the dealers looked quit unhappy, I think because I'm a young woman, they think that I'm easy to be taken advantage of :) And i'm actually happy that my hubby didn't come with me, he wouldn't have the patience :)
    anyway, thank you again, and please tell me if I did good? :)
    If that includes tax and tags its one of the best deals I've seen in this forum. If not its still a very fair deal.
This discussion has been closed.