Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Lease Questions

Comments

• Hello bullynj. The best way to tell if this is a good deal is to look at this truck's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. The lower your selling price is, the lower your lease payment will be. Given the current weakness in the auto sector, particular with large SUVs like the Pathfinder, I suspect that you will be able to negotiate a selling price that's around dealer invoice.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Car man, do you have the money factor and residual value for a 2009 Pathfinder SE (cloth interior)? Thanks.
  • Hello mackerman. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s lease program for this truck vary by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Pathfinder SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are an extremely unattractive .00325 and 40%, respectively. Yuck. There is a $1,000 cash incentive on this truck that is available on leases, but there's still no way that I would lease one right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • I want to lease a Nissan Pathfinder 2009 SE Loaded or 2009 LE loaded in Central Florida for a 36 month lease, 12k miles/yr with no money down and no trade in.

I am curious how far below invoice most dealers will go right now and what the current residual value and money factors are at this time. Seems like there only a few of these SUV's at various car lots due to the ecomony.

Any help is truly appreciated!!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi rbclaw. Nissan is not currently providing any lease support on the 2009 Pathfinder. As a result, NMAC's lease program on it is absolutely terrible. Through March 2nd, NMAC's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Pathfinder LE V6 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00325 and 38%, respectively.

Nissan is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of the 2009 Pathfinder. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • rbclawrbclaw Posts: 4
    Car-Man,

Should I just look at purchasing a Pathfinder with these terrible lease rates (they have $1500 cash back or 3.9% for 60 months or 4.9% for 72 months)? Wouldn't it be cheaper payments buying rather than leasing with these terrible lease rates?

Or should I look at another SUV to buy?

Thanks,

rbclaw
    Hey rbclaw. The Pathfinder is a fairly large SUV. In general big SUVs have terrible lease programs on them right now. If you are willing to compromise and go with a slightly smaller mid-sized SUV you should be able to find one that has a decent lease program.

If not, then you definitely should consider financing instead of leasing. As you mentioned, in February you could have financed this truck through NMAC at 3.9% to 4.9% or through an independent bank and taken advantage of the $1,500 consumer cash that is available on it. Nissan is scheduled to introduce its new March incentives today.

Car_man
    Host
  • roklobroklob Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,

Currently in an 06 lease right now (a great deal) and its up soon. I'm interested in an 09 LE 4x4 AWD fully loaded. I was shocked to see the lease is this unattractive right now, but hoping for better incentives today or tomorrow. Can you please post the incentives as soon as they become known? thanks.

p.s. you listed .00325/38% for the 09' 2WD LE, is it the same #s for the AWD? I'd want 12k/year mileage no matter what I get.

Curious your take on this? Does nissan want to push the 08s out only? or perhaps 09 is going to be the last model run of the pathfinder? economy playing a role for sure, but still curious as to why they are pushing all the deals on the Muranos. Absolutely not interested in taking on a buy at this time. Frustrating!

Thanks!
    Hi roklob. the Nissan Pathfinder is a terrible truck to lease. Nissan has pulled all of its lease support on it. That means if you want to lease one through its captive finance company, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp., you would have to use its standard lease program. Don't bother, its standard program is terrible.

You would be better off taking advantage of the $1,500 consumer cash that Nissan is providing on this truck right now and financing it through an independent bank or financing it through NMAC at 3.9% for 5 years if you really want one.

Car_man
    Host
  • SprkieeeSprkieee Posts: 3
    Dear Car_man,

Do you have any idea when Nissan will bring back the lease deals on the Pathfinders? I would love to lease another one and my time is almost up (June) Purchase is still way too expensive. But I would love to turn in my 05 and get a new 09.

Thanks
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,341
    $349 with 3k down for 39 months. Check nissanusa.com for details. don't know if it's decent or not.
    Hi Sprkieee. Funny that you should ask, Nissan actually did decide to reintroduce lease support on the Pathfinder last month. It's current lease program on this truck isn't as attractive as its programs were back in the good old days but it's a lot better than it was.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Pathfinder s 4WD (the program varies by trim level, let me know if you want something different) with 15,000 miles per year are .00061 and 47%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • garymorgarymor Posts: 2
    Hello Car_man,

What is current NMAC's lease program on Pathfinder's 2WD S Models ?
    Thanks in advance.
  • mattywmattyw Posts: 6
    Hey gang, just tuned-in here, great info.
    I am looking at a special chance to take advantage of a VPP deal, and wanted to know a few facts..

First- how can I be sure I'm really getting the real "Dealer invoice" price minus the discount of course, on the basic Pathfinder LE? Do I check Edmunds? Nissan? Which is the "real" invoice cost (not the "estimated" one)?

I know that all accessory packages are marked-up in the "build your own" on the Nissan website and here on Edmunds.com. How do I get the "real" dealer price on the big luxury items I need on the LE 4x4 v6, such as the nav package, entertainment package, moonroof and windscreen, and fancy mats, HEPA filter for A/C and the like? These accessories represent a substantial bump in the cost, so I want to be sure that I receive the "dealer cost" on those---not the "retail" cost.

Finally, on the lease incentives from NIMC, I am pre-approved for a very healthy lease payment-more than I want to pay, but I also see "lease support" discussed in the forum. I want to make sure that I receive both the VPP discount and "dealer cost" basis,as well as the best lease product. So how do I get the real money rate and the residual values as well as cash/lease incentives on paper so I can be confident that I'm not getting "packed" in the deal?

Thanks for your help and info!!
    MattyW
    Hi garymor. NMAC's lease program for this truck varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Nissan Pathfinder S 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00061 and 47%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman, this is great info. Glad you are here.
    Can we drill down on a couple of items:
    Does the money rate of 00061 stay the same for all Pathfinders even the loaded 09 4WD LE? and as well, does the residual after 36 mo and 15K remain at 47%?
    What is the impact on the residual if only 12K are calculated? Is there a longer lease (NMAC had, at one point, a 39 month lease that was subsidized and had both a higher residual value and a very low money rate).

There is no equivalent to the Pathfinder LE in the Infinity line however they do have that big QX5(?) Armada thing. Does it lease better than the Pathfinder, all things being equal? I'm thinking that they may want to dump those and thus may subsidize them. Never hurts to ask.

Many thanks!
    Matt
  • rmlinnrmlinn Posts: 21
    Carman -

I have a 2006 Pathfinder LE 2WD no Nav that will be coming off lease in about 2-3 months. I am under mileage slightly but there are several small dents and moderate scratches that I would have to fix ( I would think) before I turn it in. I love the vehicle and am considering buying it off lease - the residual is about $18000 but in this market I would hope to get it for less. The lease is held by Nissan Acceptance Corp. Is there negotiating room, if so with whom, when should this start, etc? You have always been helpful with leases but this is the first time I would actually think about purchasing one off lease. Thanks!
  • jfoster3jfoster3 Posts: 1
    First, I would like to say hey as this my first post... hey!

Finding out if I got taken advantage of and wasn't even aware of it. My wife and I leased a Demo 2006 Pathfinder LE 2WD, MSRP around 32,000, for 39 months. The residual value that we were paying on was 20,950. A year and 5 months later, we decided we would go ahead and buy it being it was becoming the traveling car and the wife really liked it (her driving car as I drive my 02 Mustang GT). Not doing my homework, shame on me I know, we went and purchased it. Did it through a Nissan rep and got a loan for 30,198 through 5th 3rd Bank for the purchase. This included the small fees.

Is this right being the care was already almost a year and half old and almost all cars lose 20% value driving off the lot and it being a "demo" car. Should it not have a purchase price of, being kind here I think, of about 23-25k?

Thanks for the replies and easy on me.
    I understand that the dealer makes money by originating the lease.
    This would be money paid by the leasing company to the dealer.
    Can you give me an idea of how much money the dealer makes on a lease?
    Let's use a 39 month Nissan Infinity captive lender rate for a $35 K capitalized value deal now in the market (on a Pathfinder).
    Thank you
    Returning a lease requires an inspection.
    On our paperwork from NMAC they are of course offering us incentives to lease a new car.
    In the material they mention a $500 "Owner Loyalty" credit for us.
    I want to be clear here: this is not the same as the $500 so-called wear-and-tear credit is it?
    I want to make sure they don't just "take" the $500.

If we pass the lease return inspection without any actionable exceptions, it stands to reason that the Loyalty Credit is ours to use in the next lease transaction, no?

I was under the impression that the lease inspection transaction was between us and the leasing company, and the dealer has nothing to do with it.

I am concerned that there is some intermingling going on here that is not supposed to happen.

Are we on the right track here?

Thanks!
    Car_man - just got a bunch of email from one of the local dealers (SF Bay Area) and there were a bunch of lease offers, some that looked like pretty good deals.

Nothing on the Pathfinders however. They obviously want to sell Altimas.

The local dealer is whining that Pathfinders, specifically LE's are hard to find. Is this true? Are the SE figures you gave Sprkieee similar to the LE?
    47% residual and .00064 (1.464%)... again, in a conversation with that "whiney" dealer he said the residual on LE's was only 42%. He would not talk money factor, which is odd. He also said there were only 14 LE's in all of California or the Western States. Is this salesman-speak for "I want to sell you something I already have in my lot" or is there a shortage of these?

thx
    Matty
    Thanks Matt. Yes, NMAC's buy rate lease money factor is currently .00061 for all Pathfinder trim levels. NMAC's 36 month, 15k residuals for an '09 Pathfinder LE V6 4WD is 42%. It's one percent higher for the V8. NMAC's 12,000 mile per year residuals are 1% higher than its 15,000 mile per year resids. You can lease this truck for 39 months using the same money factor. Its 39 month factors are 1% lower than its 36 month factors.

The QX56 is a much more expensive truck than the Pathfinder. Infiniti is running a special lease program on it right now, but I suspect that it will be much more expensive to lease than a Pathfinder would be.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rmlinn. In order to determine whether you should purchase your Pathfinder at the end of your lease, you need to compare its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. Even though it states your truck's purchase option price on your lease contract, you should place a call to the bank that you are leasing it through, NMAC, just to make sure that you have the correct figure. When you do so, it never hurts to try to haggle with them. Some banks will negotiate the lease-end purchase prices of vehicles. If your initial contact at your bank is not willing to lower your vehicle's purchase price, you may have better luck if you work your way up the ladder to a manager. There is a good chance that they will not lower your vehicle's price, more often than not they will not, but you don't have anything to lose by asking.

As I said earlier, once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values".

If your truck's purchase option price is lower than or close to what you would have to pay for a similar used one on the open market, then you may want to consider buying your truck at lease-end.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mattyw. A number of manufacturers...including Nissan, have dramatically cut their production levels. As a result, an inventory situation that was out of control when the economy fell off of a cliff is now much more manageable. It would not surprise me if the Pathfinder was one of the models that Nissan stopped producing for a while and as a result certain trim levels of it were relatively difficult to find.

Having said this, there is a ton of competition out there. I wouldn't let any dealer use the fact that a particular Pathfinder trim level might be in relatively short supply to scalp me on the truck's selling price. If they weren't willing to sell me a Pathfinder for a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice, I would either comparison shop with another dealer or go with a different truck.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Pathfinder LE V6 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00061 and 42%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • danf1222danf1222 Posts: 11
    Car_Man, we have been exploring our options for a new truck and are also looking into the Pathfinder LE. Do you know if the $2500 cash to customer incentive available on leasing as well?

I tried to calculate a ballpark lease figure for a 2009 V6 LE 4WD with Moonroof on a 39 month lease with 12K per year.

The figures I used were as follows:
    MSRP: $40,310 (with desination charge)(figure taken off Edmunds.com site)
    Offer: $34,955 (this is the TMV after $2500 cash to customer incentive)
    Residual: 42%
    MF: .00061 (is this still the MF for July)
    NYS Tax: 8.625%

I calculate that this lease with minimal down payment will run ~ $535 per month x 39 months. Are my calculations correct and is this attainable? I guess it all depends on whether the $2500 applies (if it does not, it would seem that purchasing the truck makes more sense).

Thank you for your input.
    Hi danf1222. Unfortunately, the $2,500 cash incentive that Nissan is currently providing on the 2009 Pathfinder is not compatible with its special lease program. However, through July 8th, Nissan is providing a special 4th of July bonus cash incentive that is. As a result, your calculations are off.

Car_man
    Host
  • jsp01jsp01 Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me the current money factor and residual on a 2009 SE? I am interested in a 39mo. lease with 12K mi. per year. Also are there any dealer or customer incentives on Pathfinders that can apply on a lease?
    Here you go, jsp01. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 Pathfinder SE 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00061 and 42%, respectively.

Unfortunately, Nissan is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • This question is for anyone that knows and can help me better prepare. I have a 39 month lease with 15,000 milers per year. I recently moved further away and now I am putting more miles for work. I would say I have about 3-4 months before I reach the allowed 48,000 miles in my lease and have to pay over mileage after that.

I kind of figured that when I reach near 48,000 miles I'll have 9 lease payments left. I'd like to know what to expect from the dealers. What is the best case scenario I can get out of getting another Nissan vehicle. Is there a lease that allows 20,000 or even 25,000 miles per year? Since I will be putting this many miles would I be better off buying the vehicle? I've never financed a vehicle, always liked trading it in for a new one? If I was to finance for 60 months, would I be able to trade the car in for a new vehicle in 36 or 48 months, or this isnt suggested? Any info on what I should do or help me decide would be appreciated. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.