Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi sysadmnj. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. leases vehicles with. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is cheaper to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

As far as your current lease goes, if you know that you are going to go way over your vehicle's mileage allowance call the bank that you are leasing it through ASAP to see if you can still purchase additional miles at a discounted rate. Some banks will let lessees do so as long as they call early enough. Buying extra miles at a discount now is better than waiting until the end of your lease and having to pay a huge excess mileage penalty.

In terms of your next vehicle, you definitely can finance it for 60 months and trade it in on something new after 36 or 48 months, but...if you don't make a decent down payment there is a chance that you will be upside down (owe more on your vehicle than it is worth as a trade) when you try to get something new.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Car_man, can you please provide the 36 month, 15000 miles/year lease numbers, resid & mf, for the 2009 and 2010 V6 4x4 LE Pathfinder. I'm located in the ny metro area. Do you know if there's any lease cash available for either the 2009 or 2010 models?

Thanks
  • rxsamgrxsamg Posts: 3
    I have a deal on the table that I'm planning on accepting on Monday unless I hear I can do better, anyone with input, please feel free:

2009 Pathfinder S 4x4 MSRP $30,230
    Residual 42%
    39 month lease 12k mi
    ZERO DOWN
    Due at inception: 1st month payment
    Monthly payment INCLUDING TAX (NJ 7%): $379

Honestly I'd prefer getting back into an SE 4x4 (My 06's lease is ending in few wks - it was nicely equipped -bose,sunroof,convenience stuff - $375/month) BUT I can't seem to get anything below $459 on a $33,550 MSRP - same lease conditions as above. Unfortunately it looks like i"ll getting less car for basically same as my existing lease.

Interestingly enough, a comparable Honda Pilot (to the base S pathfinder) was no less then $480 when trying to do the same lease!
  • Here you go, dolphin5. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Pathfinder LE V6 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00023 and 41%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 model are .00107 and 45%, respectively.

Nissan is running a special tent sale from now through October 18th that provides an additional $500 on Pathfinder models. Other than that, there's no cash support on leases of the Pathfinder right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • rxsamgrxsamg Posts: 3
    UPDATE #'s to below:
    I have a deal on the table that I'm planning on accepting on Monday unless I hear I can do better, anyone with input, please feel free:

2009 Pathfinder S 4x4 MSRP $30,230 Cap cost: $28,049
    Money Factor 0.00023 - Residual 42% ($13,603) -WHY does 42% not match $?
    39 month lease 12k mi
    ZERO DOWN
    Due at inception: 1st month payment
    Monthly payment INCLUDING TAX (NJ 7%): $379

Honestly I'd prefer getting back into an SE 4x4 (My 06's lease is ending in few wks - it was nicely equipped -bose,sunroof,convenience stuff - $375/month) BUT I can't seem to get anything below $459 on a $33,550 MSRP - same lease conditions as above. Unfortunately it looks like i"ll getting less car for basically same as my existing lease.

Interestingly enough, a comparable Honda Pilot (to the base S pathfinder) was no less then $480 when trying to do the same lease!
  • Car man do you know the MF and residual for a 2010 LE pathfinder?
  • I certainly do, ep1141. Here you go.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Pathfinder LE V6 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00071 and 44%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_Man - you provide a great service! I am researching a few cars for my dad and want to make sure he gets the best deal. It seems that for more expensive cars the MF/residuals are all over the web, but when it comes to Nissan, Toyota, ect they are hard to find.

Can you get me the MF/Residual on a Pathfinder S and SE, 10k miles, 24 and 36 mths?

Thanks in advance.

Brendan
  • Car man,

Can you please let me know the MF and residual for a 2010 S and SE Pathfinder.
    12,000 miles, 39 months.

Thank you,
    Denise
  • Thanks Brendan. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Pathfinder S 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00071 and 49%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '10 Pathfinder SE 4WD are .00071 and 48%.

I only provided you with the 3-year programs because Nissan isn't providing support on 2-year leases any longer.

I'm not sure if NMAC offers 10,000 mile per year leases on Nissan division vehicles, but if it does its residual values for them are likely 1% higher than its 12,000 mile per year resids.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings Denise. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Pathfinder S 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00071 and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 Pathfinder SE 4WD are .00071 and 47%.

Car_man
    Host
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,451
    The residuals are dismal but the money factor is good. You need to get a great discount off msrp to make these attractive.
  • Hi - I have a Nissan Pathfinder SE with leather, CD and sunroof - am paying $420 per month. Nissan is now telling me that I can only get leather and sunroof in an LE which would bring my payment up to $600 (ballpark) per month. My lease expires this month. Is this true? Do I have any hope of getting a payment even close to what I am paying now on a car equipped the way my current SE is for a 39 month lease no money down? Thanks!
  • HI bhammer1. Much to their dismay, like you many consumers are finding that it is much more expensive to lease many vehicles, particularly large SUVs, today than it was several years ago. This is because for years banks were overestimating vehicles' residual values, essentially undercharging lessees for the depreciation that their vehicles experienced.

Flash forward to last year when many of these vehicles started coming back off lease. In many instances, they weren't worth anywhere near what banks had been estimating. This caused many banks to take millions and millions of dollars in losses. Not surprisingly, many banks are being much more conservative in their residual value estimates today, making it more expensive than it used to be to lease certain vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
  • jl49jl49 Posts: 33
    Hi Carman, Do you know what the money factor is for a 2010 Pathfinder SE w/ Premium Journey Package? It's for a 12k miles lease for 39 months.
  • 2010 S 4x4 pathfinder

12k miles per year
    39 months
    .00210 money factor
    52% residual
    30395 msrp
    28491 invoice
    $3k down

dealer quoted 345 per month before TTL.
    The residual you were quoted is good, but the money factor is way too high. It should be .00107

For 39 mos with 12k/miles per year, I got a quote of $430/mo with no money down, just first month payment & DMV charges due at inception. And that's with a 50% residual.
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, jl49. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Pathfinder SE 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00107 and 48%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • cpj15cpj15 Posts: 7
    I have a lease on a Pathfinder ending soon, and I am considering again leasing a Pathfinder. I noticed on Edmunds that there is currently a $2500 cash rebate program, as well as a $1000 - $2000 lease loyalty program. Are these rebates available for leasing purposes (to lower the cap cost), or are they only available for purchases? If they are available, does anyone know whether they can be combined? Thanks in advance.
    I meant to include this in the question above, but forgot. If the current rebate programs do not apply to lease deals, what is currently a good lease price (in relation to invoice) for an SE model? Thanks again.
    Thanks Carman. Seems like they pretty much kept it the same as last month.
  • No problem, jl49.

Car_man
    Host
  • My Pathfinder has 38,000 miles, is in very good condition and the lease ends in July, with a residual value is $18,160. Would it make sense to purchase this vehicle, since I know it was well taken care of, or look for a different used vehicle elsewhere? Can I negotiate a lower price, or must I pay the residual price? If I purchase this one, do I have to pay sales tax again?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited February 2010
    Hi jimmyd7. In order to determine whether you should purchase your Pathfinder at the end of your lease, you need to compare its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. Even though it states your truck's purchase option price on your lease contract, you should place a call to the bank that you are leasing it through just to make sure that you have the correct figure. When you do so, it never hurts to try to haggle with them. Some banks will negotiate the lease-end purchase prices of vehicles. If your initial contact at your bank is not willing to lower your vehicle's purchase price, you may have better luck if you work your way up the ladder to a manager. There is a good chance that they will not lower your vehicle's price, more often than not they will not, but you don't have anything to lose by asking.

As I said earlier, once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values".

If your vehicle's purchase price is less than or similar to its current value on the open market then you may want to consider buying it. If not, walk away.

Car_man
    Host
    What are the current money factor and residual for a 2010 SE with 15,000 miles per year? Thanks in advance.
    Hi Carman,

Has the lease program improved this month for a 39 month lease of the 2010 Pathfinder SE 4WD with 12,000 miles per year. The money factor of .00107 and residual of 48% have been the same for January & February - has anything improved at all?

Thx.
    Here's the info that you're interested in, cpj15. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Pathfinder SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00107 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Nissan is providing cash incentives on leases of this truck in some areas. I would be happy to tell you what's available in your neck of the woods if you tell me what state you're in.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jl49. NMAC's program for the Pathfinder is basically the same in March as it was in January and February. Its money factor is exactly the same and its 39 month, 12,000 mile per year residual for a '10 Pathfinder SE 4WD is 49%.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the information. I am in New York.
  • Car_man,

I do not see much talk about LE, so I will ask my question and hope you can help. I am considering leasing an LE 2WD. As far as terms, I have read that the best out there is 39 months and 15K miles. I am not that picky on months or miles. please advise what is providing the beast deals this month, as I need to get it in 2 weeks. Also should I look at the AWD vs the 2WD, those it make leasing sense?

Thanks for your help I am looking for some clarity.

Rdelgado
This discussion has been closed.