Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Lease Questions

Comments

• Car_man,

Does nissan allow you to residualize leather or TV after market. What guidelines does Nissan set for after market residualization. Thank you in advance.

Please advise.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're welcome, cpj15. You're in luck, New York is one of the states that the $750 cash incentive on leases is available in. Make sure to take it into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi Rdelgado. If I lived in an area where it snowed then I'd definitely go with the AWD Pathfinder. If it never snows where you live, you're probably fine with just the 2WD version.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Pathfinder LE V6 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00107 and 44%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    That's a very good question, rdelgado13. I don't know the answer for certain, but my gut tells me that NMAC probably does not allow the residualization of aftermarket options.

Car_man
    Host
  • How does the deal change if I want 15,000K miles on my lease and the dealer wants to do 12,000K to do the deal. Do this change the Residual percent? Thanks
  • delta737hdelta737h Posts: 603
    edited May 2010
    confused321,

Residuals reflect the estimated wholesale value of the vehicle at the end of the lease. Finance captives (e.g., IFS) will often inflate residual factors for competitive reasons. The residual factors are established by the fund provider (or their residual insurance carrier in the case of banks) and so the dealer has no control over these. Usually, residual factors are computed based on some predetermined level of standard mileage usage (e.g., 12,000 miles). That predetermined level, I believe, is 12,000 miles which is now the industry standard. It used to be 15,000 miles.

I'm not sure whether Nissan (IFS) (a) provides different residuals for different levels of mileage usage (e.g., 60%- 36 months and 12,000 miles, 58%- 36 months and 15,000 miles) or (b) adjusts the residual value based on industry standard residuals for a given level of usage (e.g., adjusts the resulting 60% 36 month-12,000 mile residual value for different mileage requirements).

Usually, standard baseline residual factors are established as benchmarks and, then, adjusted for different levels of usage (b). I'll explain both procedures...

(a) Consider, for example, residual factors of 60% and 58% that may reflect a 36 month term with mileage usage of 12,000 and 15,000, respectively. The residual value is simply determined by multiplying the appropriate factor by the adjusted MSRP.

(b) Some fund providers will "adjust" the resulting residual value (part (a) above) for different mileage requirements. So, if 60% reflects 36 months and 12,000 miles and, say, you desire 15,000 miles, then the residual value is adjusted downward at some pre-determined cost per mile. In other words, you prepay the additional mileage which is reflected in the "adjusted residual value". For example, suppose you desire 15,000 miles and you prepay the additional 9,000 miles (3 year lease) at the rate of $0.10 ($900) and that the 60% residual factor produces a residual value of 20,000, then, the adjusted residual value amounts to 19,100 (20,000 - 900). Actually, the term "prepay" means that you pay for the additional mileage over the term of the lease and not upfront.

Hope this helps.

John
  • WOW ! Very detailed, Thank you for that information. I see how that works now and much appreciate the time you put into your response.
  • aiduaneaiduane Posts: 15
    Hello,

Can you please tell me what the July lease figures are for a 39 month 15k lease on a Pathfinder LE AWD?

Also what incentives are there? I have a Murano that has a lease expiring on 10/15 and I just got a flyer in the mail that Nissan will waive 3 months payemnts to get into a new car. They also mention $1500 lease loyalty cash?
    Here's the latest info for you, aiduane.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Pathfinder V6 LE AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00049 and 42%, respectively.

Nissan is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this truck in certain states.

In addition to that, it is running a three month early lease termination program and providing current NMAC lessees with a $1,000 loyalty cash incentive when they lease a new 2010 Pathfinder.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car Man,

Can you please provide money factor and residual for 2011 Nissan Pathfinder for:

1. 36 month lease with 10K and 12K miles per year

2. 39 month lease with 10K and 12K miles per year

2. 42 month lease with 10K and 12K miles per year

3, 48 month lease with 10K and 12K miles per year

Also, is the $2500 cash back offer on their website the current dealer incentive for Missouri and when does that expire?

Thanks.
  • Car Man,

Also, what is dealer acquisition fee on the Nissan Pathfinder LE?

Thanks.
    edited December 2010
    Hi mrbcar. NMAC's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pathfinder S 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00144 and 55%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00144 and 54%.

You definitely don't want to lease this car for any longer than 39 months, its money factors skyrocket after that.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year this truck's residual values would probably be 1% higher.

The cash incentive that you saw mentioned is for cash purchases only. Nissan is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi mrbcar. NMAC charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • steevosteevo Posts: 340
    Are the NMAC December numbers for LE and Silver model same as the S posted above? Looking for 36 month 15000 mile numbers.
  • Car Man,

Are the numbers the same for the Silver and LE?

Thanks
  • Steevo, NMAC's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pathfinder LE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00144 and 48%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Pathfinder Silver 4WD are .00144 and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi thenewlew. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • Would like to know if anyone has recently leased a 2011 Pathfinder S or 2011 Quest . I am interested in leasing for 36 months with a 15,000 annual mile allowance. What are the current residual values for the 2011 Pathfinder S and the entry level 2011 Quest? What are the current money factors for each? Also I have a 2005 Nissan Quest that I own outright. I would like to sell it to the dealer and was wondering how much it is worth. It has 73,000 miles and has never been in an accident.
  • denisempmp1denisempmp1 Posts: 14
    edited January 2011
    For the SV Model, 2011 Nissan Pathfinder I was quoted the following:
    12,000 miles per year - $665.73 due at signing - 38 months at $459. Amount due at signing is first payment and plate.

1. Does this sound like a good deal?
    2. Also I have heard that Pathfinder push Premium gas as opposed to getting unleaded. If I buy unleaded will this greatly impact fuel economy?
    3. There is alos a 395 disposition fee to turn in the car at the end of the lease. Is this typical ? Does this fee ever get waived?

4. Also thinking of having baby #2. Has anyone out there had this car and found it successful with two car seats? Thanks.
  • Hi,
    My dealer is offering me the following deal on a Pathfinder SE model with an MSRP of $30,835
    39 month lease at 12k per year -
    Net price - 24658
    Residual - 16342 -53%
    Money factor - 0.00112

500 down initially including first month's payment, and a monthly payment of 336.74 for period of the lease

does this seem like a good deal?
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,904
    edited April 2011
    I see Nissan is offering $1500 lease cash on all 2011 Pathfinders. What is the money factor & residual for 2011 Pathfinders 4x4 LE? Thanks in advance.

Edit: 36 or 39 months with 15K per year. What does Nissan charge if you buy more miles upfront?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

Hey nyccarguy. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pathfinder LE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00107 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00107 and 47%.

Car_man
    Host
  • gdubingdubin Posts: 6
    Hey Car_Man,

I got deal yesterday on 2011 Pathfinder SV MSRP is 34,500. I got VVP C plan so the car price went down from 34,500 to 31,600

Delear tookover my 09 Rogue 13 payments of $250.

So with 2999 out of pocket I'm getting $375 X 36 12k a year NJ tax is included, doe it sounds resonable??

Thanks.
    Hi gdubin. If you were able to get your Pathfinder through the VPP plan then you should have gotten a good deal. Enjoy your new truck :).

Car_man
    Host
  • eduar118eduar118 Posts: 4
    Hello! CarMan,

I love what you have done here, providing us with all the info we need to make the correct chioce on cars, THNAKS !.
    I will need the residual value and money factor for a Pathfinder SV & Silver Edition 36month and 12k. Thanks !
    Thanks eduar118. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pathfinder SV 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00003 and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Pathfinder Silver Edition 4WD are .00003 and 46%.

Car_man
    Host
  • eduar118eduar118 Posts: 4
    edited July 2011
    Thanks ! now Car_Man,

The Residuals and Money factor are the same if Im buying a 4x2 intead a 4x4 ?? if they are not the same please provide me with the ones for 4x2. Here in Miami Fl I dont think I need a 4x4. :) Also I see they have a more agresive program for 39 months. Please provide me does better.
    I believe that they're different, eduar118. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pathfinder SV 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00003 and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Pathfinder Silver Edition 2WD are .00003 and 46%.

Apparently, the money factors for both are the same, but the residual values for the 4WD are 1% lower than for the 2WD.

Car_man
    Host

Car_man
    Host
  • jayqwhitejayqwhite Posts: 1
    Hey Car_man
    Are you sure on those money factors? .00003 and .00004 are .07% and .10% respectfully. This is very low. I ask because I am in the market for a new SUV and are comparing several cars. NMAC's appear to be the lowest of all manufactures but have the lower residuals values. Example the 2011 4runner right now is .00220 which is 5.28% yet the residual is 58%.

Just checking to see if your figures are correct.
    Hey eduar118. Yep, the money factors that I posted earlier are indeed correct. Nissan is essentially providing 0% rates on leases of the Pathfinder right now. Nissan's lease program on the Pathfinder is definitely a lot more aggressive than Toyota's unsupported lease offer on the 4Runner.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.