Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi vrynice. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Pathfinder that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Greetings Clayton. If you have shopped around with a couple of dealers and this is the best that you can do on this truck, it is probably a pretty good deal. Still the best way to analyze it is to take a look at its MSRP and selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. These numbers will show you just how much of a discount you are being given and if there is possibly any room left for negotiation. Let me know what these numbers are and I will be happy to tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi jodymcd. I completely agree with my esteemed co-worker kyfdx. You probably should just pay cash for or finance a used vehicle and them sell it privately or to a dealer after a year. I don't believe that Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp., Nissan's captive finance company, even offers 12 month leases. If it does, I haven't seen one. The shortest NMAC lease that I have seen is 24 months. Perhaps they were able to work up a special 12 month lease for you. Even if they were, leasing a new vehicle for such a short term will be very expensive because new vehicles experience their most rapid depreciation during the first year of ownership. Generally speaking, the longer a lease is, the more payments there is to spread out the large initial depreciation hit out over, and the lower the monthly payment will be.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi leftylang. Since you have never negotiated a lease before, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Despite your lack of experience in negotiating leases, it looks like you did a very good job. Not only did you get all of the important information that you need to decide whether this is a good deal, you actually got a good one. A selling price of below dealer invoice is great for a leased 2008 Pathfinder.

The lease program that you were quoted for this truck looks a little strange though. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of an '08 Pathfinder SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 55%, respectively for consumers who pay a security deposit at lease signing. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses this program to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • A local dealer is advertising a 24 mo. lease at $99.00/mo. + tax on 08' Pathfinders. Drive off is $3999.00. Would this be considered a decent deal or not?
  • What is the residual and money factor for an '08 SE v6 FWD leather, dvd, third row? 12k miles? 15k miles?

This site is great. Thanks for the help.
  • I just leased an '08 Pathfinder with leather, DVD, premium package.

Sales Price $32,681
    Residual 59%
    Money Factor .00110
    12k miles
    36 months
    First payment down
    $419 a month
  • njsknjsk Posts: 2
    Hey Car_Man, does this sound like a good deal or not ?

08 Pathfinder LE 4WD V6:
    MSRP base $37,000
    Floor & Cargo mats $240.00
    Moonroof deflector $100.00
    Destination $705.00
    MSRP $38,045
    Agreed price $36400.95
    Selling price $38590.47 (Tax,Title,Acq,Doc, and 1st month included)
    Money factor .0016
    Total out of pocket $0.00 (sign and drive)
    Residual value $20163.85 or 53%
    Lease term: 39 mos, 15k miles/year
    Monthly lease pymt $566.49 x 38 which includes everything
  • Please let me know where did you get this deal.
    I believe it's a great deal.
    Thanks!

(I just leased an '08 Pathfinder with leather, DVD, premium package.

Sales Price $32,681
    Residual 59%
    Money Factor .00110
    12k miles
    36 months
    First payment down
    $419 a month )
  • Also $419 including tax??
  • McKinney, TX. $419 is everything. Only thing I put down was first payment.
  • nyadjnyadj Posts: 13
    I live in Long Island and I was looking at a 4WD "S" model tonight. The salesman stated that the residual is 60% and I'm trying to verify, now that we're in October, if this is correct. All the posts in this forum to date are for September. He also told me that the money rate for the 39 month, 12K per/yr lease, is .00135. What I need to know is, are these figures correct?

I may be looking to lease an "SE" model instead. Would the money rate still be the same as quoted for the "S" model, and more importantly, would the residual be the same as an "S" model as well. I'm very curious and just want my math to be correct so I can verify any payments quoted to me. From what I've seen on this forum, the residuals tend to be lower on a percentage basis for the higher priced trim levels and if that's the case, I can't see why. Maybe there is an explanation for it?

Lastly, there is a rebate for purchases, do you think there are factory rebates for leases as well? And if so, how are they applied to a lease? I am assuming they essentially are free down payment money the factory applies to the negotiated capitalized cost, no? Thanks for all your help.
  • Hello,

What are the money rates and residual on a 2007 Pathfinder S 10,500 miles per year - 39 month lease program

Thanks
  • dwwsdwws Posts: 14
    Hi Leftylang:

I am possibly in the market for a 2008 Pathfinder. Do you mind telling me where you leased yours? I am in Manalapan, but I would travel for a good lease deal.

Thanks,

David in NJ
  • MSRP 29,425 - Pathfinder S + Airbag Package and Mats
    Cap Cost 27,800
    MF .00135
    Residual 60%
    Lease Term - 39 months, 12,000 miles per year
    Fees - 745 Dest, 595 bank, DMV 275, Tax Rate about 7.5%

Downpayment - 640 (1st month & DMV)
    38 remaining payments of 365

Lemme know if you guys think I should hit it

FYI on the 2008 SE model the residual is 54% & money factor is .00135 (same as the S model)
  • David

I am also looking at the Pathfinder dont know if I want to lease or buy depends on the numbers I suppose and am 5 min from Manalapan. Perhaps we can help each other have you bought one yet.

Rob
  • Hey Carman,

I just recently leased a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder with a MSRP of $33,960.00... i paid $4,800 @ signing includes all taxes and all other fees... 15k miles per year for 36 months... $330 per month

Did i get a good deal? (yes, i know i shouldnt have put that much @ signing, but i wanted too anyways- aside from that is it a good deal?)

Thanks in advance!

Mike
  • 06asmsi06asmsi Posts: 12
    Just thought I'd post up the deal I got on an 08 Pathfinder S. 269.00 a month for 39 months 12,000 miles a year. First payment and tag fee due at signing. 285.14 a month in Georgia.
  • No thoughts on the deal?? any one? car man?
  • Hi,
    I was hoping to get some help. I'm looking to lease a Pathfinder 08 S 4x4 for 39 months, 12,000 miles.

Car man do you know the current money factor and residual value on this vehicle?

Also, is it possible to lower the 12,000 miles to get a better deal. I only average about 9,000 a year.

Any other suggestions, as I have never leased a vehicle before would be appreciated. I have read the articles on edmunds.
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.