Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Lease Questions

Comments

• naft2717naft2717 Posts: 3
    Can someone tell me lease numbers I should be expecting in NJ for a 2008 Pathfiner SE V6 4x4 with leather and premium package? Please price with nothing out of pocket. Thanks much.
  • My dealer offered me the following lease deal for a 2008 Pathfinder S. From the research I was able to find, it seems a decent deal (please let me know if I am wrong). I don't know how to calculate the monthly numbers to make this a no or little down deal. Can anyone help? Thanks!

24 months lease on Pathfinder S with 12000 miles a year for $179.00 a month plus tax $192.00 total, with the MSRP of $26,680.00 and $3,995.00 down and Residual $18,942.00 Capitalized cost $25,537.00 includes acq. fee, and money factor of 0.00145.
  • lica13lica13 Posts: 6
    my deal is a follows: 2008 V8 Pathfinder SE RWD with Premium, Leather, XM and Floor Mats 24 month lease with 12K per year. $400 due at signing and $430 a month. All costs included. Just picked it up usterday from a certain nissan dealership in Meadowlands area. Yay!
  • abvgd84abvgd84 Posts: 1
    recently stopped by a AAA approved dealership and 2008 Nissan pathfinder SE with nothing extra $430 a month lease with fist month payment and Title and Registration due at singing.

Does any one know have there been better deals on this car or not.
  • I was originally looking for a Pathfinder, but when I did some comparsion shopping I found the Toyota 4Runner had much better factory incentives available (cap cost and money factor). I'm not brand loyal, so I leased the 4Runner last week and got a much higher MSRP vehicle for a lower lease cost compared to the Pathfinder. I also looked at the Ford Explorer, but the residual was so bad that even a great cap cost and money factor made lease cost more expensive than 4Runner or Pathy.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Congratulations on getting your new Pathfinder, ica13. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others. Enjoy your new ride :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hello Car_Man, Can you tell me if I have figured the residual correctly and also explain the "money factor" (how it is computed or how it efftects payment).

My quote - Invoice 31,618 + 100 + $31,718 2008 pathfinder SE

Lease Cost - $635 up front 38 payments $448.00 15K miles/yr.

38 x $448 = $17024 + $635 up front = $17659 / $31718 = 55.6% residual?????
  • gator88gator88 Posts: 20
    The residual is the % difference between the MSRP and the purchase price at lease end.
    Hi josephcrain. Gator was right on the money. The residual values of leased vehicles are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized. Money factors are used to calculate the interest portion of leases. Banks provide dealers with a list of the money factors and residual values that they must use to calculate vehicles' monthly payments. Residual values are set in stone and individual dealers do not have the authority to alter them. On the other hand, dealers are often allowed to "mark-up" vehicles money factors to add additional, back-end profit to deals. That's why it is always a good idea to find out exactly what factor the dealer is using to calculate your vehicle's payment. The following article explains how money factors and residuals are used to calculate lease payments: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello everyone,Im new to leasing and wondered if what I was quoted is a good deal.
    I live in NJ 7 percent sales tax, looking at leasing a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4 with sticker of 34100, the prices we were quoted for this included tax and tags etc. price was 319 per month for 39 months or 372 per month for 24 months, with 2k down. Is this a good deal?
  • Hello bullynj. The best way to tell if this is a good deal is to look at this truck's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. The lower your selling price is, the lower your lease payment will be. Given the current weakness in the auto sector, particular with large SUVs like the Pathfinder, I suspect that you will be able to negotiate a selling price that's around dealer invoice.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car man, do you have the money factor and residual value for a 2009 Pathfinder SE (cloth interior)? Thanks.
  • Hello mackerman. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s lease program for this truck vary by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Pathfinder SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are an extremely unattractive .00325 and 40%, respectively. Yuck. There is a $1,000 cash incentive on this truck that is available on leases, but there's still no way that I would lease one right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • I want to lease a Nissan Pathfinder 2009 SE Loaded or 2009 LE loaded in Central Florida for a 36 month lease, 12k miles/yr with no money down and no trade in.

I am curious how far below invoice most dealers will go right now and what the current residual value and money factors are at this time. Seems like there only a few of these SUV's at various car lots due to the ecomony.

Any help is truly appreciated!!
    Hi rbclaw. Nissan is not currently providing any lease support on the 2009 Pathfinder. As a result, NMAC's lease program on it is absolutely terrible. Through March 2nd, NMAC's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Pathfinder LE V6 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00325 and 38%, respectively.

Nissan is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of the 2009 Pathfinder. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • rbclawrbclaw Posts: 4
    Car-Man,

Should I just look at purchasing a Pathfinder with these terrible lease rates (they have $1500 cash back or 3.9% for 60 months or 4.9% for 72 months)? Wouldn't it be cheaper payments buying rather than leasing with these terrible lease rates?

Or should I look at another SUV to buy?

Thanks,

rbclaw
    Hey rbclaw. The Pathfinder is a fairly large SUV. In general big SUVs have terrible lease programs on them right now. If you are willing to compromise and go with a slightly smaller mid-sized SUV you should be able to find one that has a decent lease program.

If not, then you definitely should consider financing instead of leasing. As you mentioned, in February you could have financed this truck through NMAC at 3.9% to 4.9% or through an independent bank and taken advantage of the $1,500 consumer cash that is available on it. Nissan is scheduled to introduce its new March incentives today.

Car_man
    Host
  • roklobroklob Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,

Currently in an 06 lease right now (a great deal) and its up soon. I'm interested in an 09 LE 4x4 AWD fully loaded. I was shocked to see the lease is this unattractive right now, but hoping for better incentives today or tomorrow. Can you please post the incentives as soon as they become known? thanks.

p.s. you listed .00325/38% for the 09' 2WD LE, is it the same #s for the AWD? I'd want 12k/year mileage no matter what I get.

Curious your take on this? Does nissan want to push the 08s out only? or perhaps 09 is going to be the last model run of the pathfinder? economy playing a role for sure, but still curious as to why they are pushing all the deals on the Muranos. Absolutely not interested in taking on a buy at this time. Frustrating!

Thanks!
    Hi roklob. the Nissan Pathfinder is a terrible truck to lease. Nissan has pulled all of its lease support on it. That means if you want to lease one through its captive finance company, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp., you would have to use its standard lease program. Don't bother, its standard program is terrible.

You would be better off taking advantage of the $1,500 consumer cash that Nissan is providing on this truck right now and financing it through an independent bank or financing it through NMAC at 3.9% for 5 years if you really want one.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.