Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Lease Questions

Comments

• jl49jl49 Posts: 33
    Thanks Carman. Seems like they pretty much kept it the same as last month.
  • No problem, jl49.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • My Pathfinder has 38,000 miles, is in very good condition and the lease ends in July, with a residual value is $18,160. Would it make sense to purchase this vehicle, since I know it was well taken care of, or look for a different used vehicle elsewhere? Can I negotiate a lower price, or must I pay the residual price? If I purchase this one, do I have to pay sales tax again?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited February 2010
    Hi jimmyd7. In order to determine whether you should purchase your Pathfinder at the end of your lease, you need to compare its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. Even though it states your truck's purchase option price on your lease contract, you should place a call to the bank that you are leasing it through just to make sure that you have the correct figure. When you do so, it never hurts to try to haggle with them. Some banks will negotiate the lease-end purchase prices of vehicles. If your initial contact at your bank is not willing to lower your vehicle's purchase price, you may have better luck if you work your way up the ladder to a manager. There is a good chance that they will not lower your vehicle's price, more often than not they will not, but you don't have anything to lose by asking.

As I said earlier, once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values".

If your vehicle's purchase price is less than or similar to its current value on the open market then you may want to consider buying it. If not, walk away.

Car_man
    Host
  • cpj15cpj15 Posts: 7
    What are the current money factor and residual for a 2010 SE with 15,000 miles per year? Thanks in advance.
  • jl49jl49 Posts: 33
    Hi Carman,

Has the lease program improved this month for a 39 month lease of the 2010 Pathfinder SE 4WD with 12,000 miles per year. The money factor of .00107 and residual of 48% have been the same for January & February - has anything improved at all?

Thx.
    Here's the info that you're interested in, cpj15. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Pathfinder SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00107 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Nissan is providing cash incentives on leases of this truck in some areas. I would be happy to tell you what's available in your neck of the woods if you tell me what state you're in.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jl49. NMAC's program for the Pathfinder is basically the same in March as it was in January and February. Its money factor is exactly the same and its 39 month, 12,000 mile per year residual for a '10 Pathfinder SE 4WD is 49%.

Car_man
    Host
  • cpj15cpj15 Posts: 7
    Thanks for the information. I am in New York.
  • Car_man,

I do not see much talk about LE, so I will ask my question and hope you can help. I am considering leasing an LE 2WD. As far as terms, I have read that the best out there is 39 months and 15K miles. I am not that picky on months or miles. please advise what is providing the beast deals this month, as I need to get it in 2 weeks. Also should I look at the AWD vs the 2WD, those it make leasing sense?

Thanks for your help I am looking for some clarity.

Rdelgado
  • Car_man,

Does nissan allow you to residualize leather or TV after market. What guidelines does Nissan set for after market residualization. Thank you in advance.

Please advise.
    You're welcome, cpj15. You're in luck, New York is one of the states that the $750 cash incentive on leases is available in. Make sure to take it into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Rdelgado. If I lived in an area where it snowed then I'd definitely go with the AWD Pathfinder. If it never snows where you live, you're probably fine with just the 2WD version.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Pathfinder LE V6 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00107 and 44%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    That's a very good question, rdelgado13. I don't know the answer for certain, but my gut tells me that NMAC probably does not allow the residualization of aftermarket options.

Car_man
    Host
  • How does the deal change if I want 15,000K miles on my lease and the dealer wants to do 12,000K to do the deal. Do this change the Residual percent? Thanks
  • delta737hdelta737h Posts: 603
    edited May 2010
    confused321,

Residuals reflect the estimated wholesale value of the vehicle at the end of the lease. Finance captives (e.g., IFS) will often inflate residual factors for competitive reasons. The residual factors are established by the fund provider (or their residual insurance carrier in the case of banks) and so the dealer has no control over these. Usually, residual factors are computed based on some predetermined level of standard mileage usage (e.g., 12,000 miles). That predetermined level, I believe, is 12,000 miles which is now the industry standard. It used to be 15,000 miles.

I'm not sure whether Nissan (IFS) (a) provides different residuals for different levels of mileage usage (e.g., 60%- 36 months and 12,000 miles, 58%- 36 months and 15,000 miles) or (b) adjusts the residual value based on industry standard residuals for a given level of usage (e.g., adjusts the resulting 60% 36 month-12,000 mile residual value for different mileage requirements).

Usually, standard baseline residual factors are established as benchmarks and, then, adjusted for different levels of usage (b). I'll explain both procedures...

(a) Consider, for example, residual factors of 60% and 58% that may reflect a 36 month term with mileage usage of 12,000 and 15,000, respectively. The residual value is simply determined by multiplying the appropriate factor by the adjusted MSRP.

(b) Some fund providers will "adjust" the resulting residual value (part (a) above) for different mileage requirements. So, if 60% reflects 36 months and 12,000 miles and, say, you desire 15,000 miles, then the residual value is adjusted downward at some pre-determined cost per mile. In other words, you prepay the additional mileage which is reflected in the "adjusted residual value". For example, suppose you desire 15,000 miles and you prepay the additional 9,000 miles (3 year lease) at the rate of $0.10 ($900) and that the 60% residual factor produces a residual value of 20,000, then, the adjusted residual value amounts to 19,100 (20,000 - 900). Actually, the term "prepay" means that you pay for the additional mileage over the term of the lease and not upfront.

Hope this helps.

John
  • WOW ! Very detailed, Thank you for that information. I see how that works now and much appreciate the time you put into your response.
  • aiduaneaiduane Posts: 14
    Hello,

Can you please tell me what the July lease figures are for a 39 month 15k lease on a Pathfinder LE AWD?

Also what incentives are there? I have a Murano that has a lease expiring on 10/15 and I just got a flyer in the mail that Nissan will waive 3 months payemnts to get into a new car. They also mention $1500 lease loyalty cash?
    Here's the latest info for you, aiduane.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Pathfinder V6 LE AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00049 and 42%, respectively.

Nissan is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this truck in certain states.

In addition to that, it is running a three month early lease termination program and providing current NMAC lessees with a $1,000 loyalty cash incentive when they lease a new 2010 Pathfinder.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car Man,

Can you please provide money factor and residual for 2011 Nissan Pathfinder for:

1. 36 month lease with 10K and 12K miles per year

2. 39 month lease with 10K and 12K miles per year

2. 42 month lease with 10K and 12K miles per year

3, 48 month lease with 10K and 12K miles per year

Also, is the $2500 cash back offer on their website the current dealer incentive for Missouri and when does that expire?

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.