Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi Jill. $800 a month for a Nissan Pathfinder?!?!?!? The Pathfinder is nice, but for 800 large a month you can get some AWESOME vehicles. I would be happy to use Nissan's actual lease program to calculate what your monthly payment should be like on this Pathfinder right now. In order for me to do so I just need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price. I believe that the 2007 Pathfinder is available at dealers now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi tfotinos. Whatever you do don't just turn your vehicle in early and walk away from it. Doing so will really hurt your credit rating. If you want to get out of this lease, do it the right way and pay the penalty. I personally feel as though you would be better off just keeping your Pathfinder until you are much closer to the scheduled end of your lease on it. Gas prices have already dropped quite a bit over the past month and they may even drop further. This should help cut down on your expenses some.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi joshmel1. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Pathfinder SE Off Road 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00210 and 53%, respectively. You actually would be better off leasing this truck for 39 months. Its 39 month program is much more attractive at .00158 and 52%. The numbers for a 39 month lease of an '06 Pathfinder LE 4WD are .00158 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • We have been looking around at several vehicles and happened to come across a '06 Pathfinder LE with a dealer added DVD system. Most likely due to the $1600 DVD system, they have had this on the display floor for 90 days and they have been pursuing us to take it off their hands. We really like it, but don't feel they're really giving us a deal at all. The numbers are MSRP 34,425 - Resid 17,900(52%) - Term 39 - Money Factor 0.0005 - Adj Cap Cost 34,280 - Payment (w/tax) 479. They have taking our Honda Pilot lease with 2 payments left figured into these numbers.

Is this a decent deal? In my own calculations they are only giving up the DVD cost(much less than $1600 as dealer installed) while charging me $1000 for the last two payments on the Pilot. I was looking for something more like $430 considering its had everything on it pushed, opened and closed all day long for three months.

How does turning in your lease work anyway? We turned in one of our Honda's almost 12 months early on a 36 month lease and got $1700 cash back. Of course that was a CRV back when they were brand new and in high demand. If the lease buyout is less than the trade in, is it just easier for the dealership to return it than treat it like a normal trade in?

Thanks for the great information here.

Steve
  • Car Man,

Can you help me out with the money factor and residual for a 2006 Pathfinder SE 4X2 39 month term with 12000 miles? And what would be the expected monthly payment for MSRP $31000 and negotiated price of $28000? Thank you.
  • Dear Carman,

You will probably be bombarded by the same question:
    Do you know the money factor and residual for October for 39mo lease of 2006 Pathfinder SE 4x2? Thank you.
  • Car_Man,
    Could you please advise of residual value % and money factor for SE and LE 4WD 2006 Pathfinder for month of October from NMAC? 15k miles/yr, 36 mo and 39mo.

I will be looking to lease soon later this month.

I see where currently also there is a $500 rebate. I believe shooting for adjusted cap cost of invoice minus this rebate since so late for 2006 models...

Thanks Doug.
  • I've been looking online to see what the prices may be to lease a Pathfinder SE. I see everyone in here talking mostly about 36-39 month leases. Online you can make a lease for up to 60 months to estimate your payments so I am wondering if you can actually do a 60 month lease?
  • Hi. I live in Southern New Jersey and received the following from my dealer and I was wondering if you could help and let me know whether this is a good or bad deal. The only question I forgot to ask was the sale price & Cap Cost. 2007 Pathfinder LE with 15k miles, Navigation - 39 month lease $498 mo. pymt. with $0 down. MF is .000290 and Residual of $19,212.

Thank you for your assistance.
    Michele
  • Michele I am not expert but let me try to help as much as I can. If the residual is $19212, assuming 53% rate, the MSRP
    should be $36250, which the price of a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder 2WD LE with navigator. First question, are you getting a 2WD?

The invoice price for this car is $33470. According to my calculations, assuming the selling price is the invoice price and $0 down, your payment should have been $380+tax.

If I add the $550 Nissan's acquisition fee to the selling price, the monthly payment becomes $395+tax.

If I add $599 dealers' fee as well, payment becomes $410+tax.

Second question, how much is tax?
  • kristytkristyt Posts: 10
    Car man,
    I am interested in leasing a 2006 pathfinder LE in Storm Grey. The MSRP is 36,545. I have been given an on-line quote of 33,298.00. I also have a trade ( an old mini van) that according to the Kelly Blue book value it is worth around 3800.00. Should the value of my mini van be taken off of the purchase price? Also what should I expect the payment to be. I'm not sure how all the money factors and percentages work. I live in colorado.

thanks,
    kristy
  • Kristy, any trade-in, rebate, or cash down you pay, all added together, reduce the gross capitalized cost, which is the negotiated selling price of the vehicle plus the fees (dealer acquisition fee, bank fee etc.)
    thanks car man,
    What about the lease payment? If the MSRP is 36,545 and they quoted me 33,298 and I take off the value of my trade the new purchase price is around $29,500. What should I expect to pay for a payment for either a 36 or 39 month lease with 12,000 per year.

thanks,
    kristy
  • Kristy, I am not Car man, I have been looking at buying a Pathfinder myself so have been following these forums.

According to my calculations, and maybe Carman can confirm these numbers, your payment should be around $305+tax for 39mo/12Kmi lease. I have used $33298 for the selling price, added $550 bank fee and $599 dealer fee and subtracted $3800 trade-in.
    thanks, everyone seems to know more than me. you have been very helpful. I have 2 friends with pathfinders and they really enjoy them
  • Thanks for your help...I believe it was an LE 4WD w/Nav. but not sure on the 2WD or 4WD. The other question I forgot to ask was the MSRP and final price of the vehicle. I am not sure if the MF of .000290 equals the 53% - am not sure how to calculate that.

This is the 2nd vehicle I will be leasing with Nissan, but am new to and want to learn all about the leasing so I can get the best deal. I do know that because it's another lease, Nissan will waive the security deposit {and offer $500 off on wear & tear on my current lease}.

Sales Tax - not sure if that was factored in or not - it's 7% in NJ now.
  • Kristy, just make sure that they use the negotiated price in their calculations and not the MSRP. And remember, the dealers fee, even the bank fee, could be negotiable. I should also point out that the numbers I gave you depend on your credit score, but if you have 700+ you should be able to get them.
    Good luck :)
  • Michele, MSRP and selling price of the vehicle are very important two numbers used in calculations. You should definitely know what they are.

Money factor and residual value are two different numbers: Money Factor is the interest rate you are being charged, residual Value is the leasing companys prediction of
    what the car will be worth at the end of the lease.
    They are both important as they affect your monthly
    payment.

I do not know the current October rates for 07 Pathfinders
    but I am guessing they are 0.00029 MF and 53% residual for 15Kmi lease.

If you are new to leasing, you might want to take a look at:
    http://www.edmunds.com/advice/leasing/articles/index.html
  • wtywty Posts: 4
    Trying to figure out a monthly payment for a 2006 Pathfinder LE. Was told the 39 month lease works best, the dealer is trying to get rid of 2006's. With an MSRP of $36,625, no money down, (sign and drive), what should be the payment?
  • wty, assuming negotiated selling price of $33425 + $550 bank fee + $599 dealers' fee, I think your payment should be around
    $405+tax. This is assuming 0.00029 MF and 53% residual.
This discussion has been closed.