Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Lease Questions

Comments

• starxstarx Posts: 1
    Here's the deal they offered me: 39 months for $625/mo w/ no money down (just $1300 in inception fees) for a 2007 Pathfinder LE w/ Leather and Nav (MSRP $38,450). This includes a trade-in of a 2005 Acura MDX w/ Nav and DVD with a payoff of $32,050. Is this a good deal?
  • Here is the Lease I was just offered on a 07 Pathfinder LE with Nav, floor mats, cargo mat, and sunroof visor. 15k per year, total walk in cash of $1000.00

MSRP is $38950.00

They started at $599.00/ month for 39 months

I worked them down to $525.00/ month for 39 months
    then it went to $550.00/month, and they cut me a chack back for $1775.00 to pay off the remainder of my Ford lease.

I walked away.

The way I looked at it was this:
    If I stay in my current lease of $335/month, I will save $215/month for the next 5 months. That is $1075.00.

I will probably be able to talk them into the $525.00 payment then.

What do you guys think?
    Should I have taken the deal?

2 other factors to consider.
    -I will be over in miles on the old lease, and will most likely have to cut a check back to Ford for $1000.00
    -I really wanted the black interior, the truck on the lot had the tan. I might as well get what I really want.
  • Hey gny. Unfortunately NMAC charges a $550 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. Individual dealers do not have the authority to waive this charge. You can either pay it at lease signing or have it added into your truck's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi starx. You never mentioned the selling price of the Pathfinder that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what the selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello jackel142. You never mentioned the selling price of the Pathfinder that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi Car_Man!

Can you please tell me if this is a good lease and what is the money factor for the ff:

39 months @ $299 + tax (12,000 miles/year - LOS ANGELES, CA)
    $2,999 Downpayment (includes first month, $0 security deposit, excludes TTL)
    MSRP - 28,250
    Net Cap cost - $25,164 (includes a $550 non refundable acquisiton fee)
    Residual $15,537.50

Thanks so much for your help. :)
  • Just received a quote on an LE with Nav, mats, cargo mat, and visor of $464 + tax, 15k per year, total out the door $1000.00
  • Here is my quote from a local dealer. Loaded with NAV, DVD but no Sirius/XM. I think I can do better, but the dealer won't budge. How does this look?

Lease price: 37269 (MSRP 40290)
    Residual: .52
    Money Factor: .00127
    39 months
    12,000 miles
    0 down
    0 incentives or discounts
    $569.71 / month
  • I just sent an e-mail requesting a quote on a specific model & equipment to 10 dealers. I told them that I would be accepting bids for 24 hours, best deal would get my business. 6 replied, with a full range of prices.
    Keep shopping, you can do much better
    Stay out of the showroom, shop via e-mail. You will have much more control of the deal.
    Just make sure that they are bidding on the exact same vehicle & include all taxes, fees, etc...
  • Hi,

I'm looking to lease a Pathfinder. My wife and I currently share 1 vehicle which I have a loan for, which is a Nissan Murano, we like it but the payment is $540/month.

I thought maybe I can get a lower payment for a nicer vehicle if I lease. It's looking I was over optimistic because as far as I can tell it's going to be a challenge to get a nice version of a Pathfinder for $400 to 450/month.

Should I go back tomorrow and consider rushing through a deal or is it possible that an even better deal will pop up for March? The dealer mentioned something about residuals changing negatively (50 to 48, something like that).

I went to the dealer today and there was a lot of pressure to buy within the next 2 days because of the Nissan events going on right now. I know it IS a good idea to buy near the end of the month (manufacturer incentives for the #1 selling dealer, etc), I also don't feel conmfortable rushing and feel like the dealer would try to exert pressure on me, and don't feel like I'd have time to compare.

There's another twist, the 2004 Murano SL we have has about $19,000 left on the loan w/ 35K miles. As far as I can tell, the current value is just about $19,000 (or perhaps a little less). Someone told me even if the trade in is about even it will often be a money maker for the dealer and should work for my advantage, is that true?

Thanks for helping, this forum is awesome.
  • What worked for me was to go to the Nissan web site, build the exact truck you want, then send an e-mail to approx 10 of the closest dealers. Be very specific on the options, colors, and trim level you want. Tell them the terms of the lease (usually 39 months is best for Nissan), how many miles per year, and your total walk in cash. Tell them you will be accepting bids for the next 24 hours via e-mail only.
    Stay out of the dealership, and off the phone. You will have much better control over the deal.
    I received quotes that varied by $100 per month, on the same vehicle. You should be able to get a well equipped SE for $450/month. My LE with Nav was $464 + tax, 1k down, 15k per year. (Colonial Nissan in eastern PA).
    If you can't put a deal together this month, don't worry. They will keep making more Pathfinders. Take your time, and get the exact truck you want. You will be driving it for 3 years. Don't settle for what they have.
  • Just took delivery of a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4x4 with Nav and DVD. Lease 39 mos, 12k mi/yr, just inceptions down. $508/mo out the door, everything included. Never set foot in the showroom. NJ dealer.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi erich7. Was the down payment that you made deduced from the capitalized cost that you mentioned? If it wasn't, you are being given around a $2,500 discount on this truck, which is a very good deal. It really is not in your best interest to make a down payment when leasing anyhow. Consumers can and should lease any vehicle that they want without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction. Consumers who make them risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses NMAC's current 39 month buy rate lease money factor of .00109 to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • I was just wondering if anyone has tried to do an early lease termination of a current NMAC lease for a new Nissan lease? I have 4 payments left on a 2004 Quest lease and I'm interested in either an 07 Pathfinder or Armada. Anyone have any experience with either NMAC or the dealer paying the lease off early to get you in a new one?
    At any times do they run a promotion of this sort? I've seen GMAC do it from time to time.
    Thanks.
    Hi gopherhockey1. The truck that you described has a spread of around $3,300 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You were quoted a $3,000 discount on it. That is a very good price. The lease program that you were quoted looks good, too. This looks like a pretty good deal to me. It never hurts to shop around or try to haggle a little more, but this is probably as good as it is going to get on this truck right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi memorex2. Dealers love to create a false sense of urgency in consumers to get them to finalize their deals asap. It is true that vehicles' residual values fall as the model year progresses. However, manufacturers often increase their lease money factor by a proportionate amount to keep vehicles' lease payments about the same. As a result, it often doesn't matter if one squeezes a deal in before the end of the month. Of course, it never hurts to deal at the end of the money because dealers are often to provide good deals to boost their sales totals, but the most important thing is that you understand your deal and you are comfortable with it before physically taking delivery of your new car or truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi southpaw75. Nissan and DaimlerChrysler run early lease termination programs all the time. I know that Infiniti is running one on the Infiniti G35 Sedan right now, but I am not aware of any early termination program that Nissan is offering. It never hurts to ask your dealer to see if this sort of program is available, but I don't believe Nissan is running one right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • nymarcnymarc Posts: 1
    I'm in central ny and just came from the Nissan North
    and got a quote on a 07 SE w/preminum package, comfort and leather. MSRP of 34620 and they quoted 580/month on 39month
    15k lease. I thought this was very expensive, what is the MSRP, money factor and residual I sould be calculation on.
    It was also with first payment down also.

Any help would be great :confuse:
  • 2007 nissan pathfinder SE 2 year lease with premium,leather,
    and comfort packages 12k/year.....$3500 down plus taxes $360/month....msrp $35,000

is this a good deal? any feedback appreciated
    Hello nymarc. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00084 and 52%, respectively. If I was in the market for a lease of an '07 Pathfinder right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over dealer invoice. You can look up the invoice price of the exact truck that you want by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi shark6996. You never mentioned the selling price of the Pathfinder that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

For now I can tell you that $3,500 is too much money to pay at signing for a lease. It is in your best interest not to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction when leasing. Consumers who make large cap cost reductions on leased vehicles risk losing them if their car or truck is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jhauck1622jhauck1622 Posts: 5
    What are the current money factor and residual values for a 2007 Pathfinder LE lease - 39 months?

Anyone know when the 08's will hit the lot?

Thx.
  • jackel142jackel142 Posts: 47
    Got an LE with Nav last month for $489.00/month, tax included with a total of $1k down. 15k per year.
    Sticker was 39,???.
    I was holding out for a V8, but was told 6 months before the dealerships will see them. I'm happy with the 6.
  • mwmakingmwmaking Posts: 1
    Can someone help with the current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease for a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4x2 (12,000 and 15,000 miles)? Trying to do a little leg work before heading to the dealer. Thanks!
  • I stopped at a dealer yesterday and they quoted me the following:

Pathfinder LE 4x2, 39 month lease

12K miles - 51% residual, .00078 money factor
    15K miles - 50% residual, .00062 money factor

hth
  • 50k50k Posts: 10
    I was surprised to find an 08 Pathy at three of my local dealers today. The salesman said they came in un-announced.

They were not suppose to be in until August.

Nissan tells me that an 08 lease out better than an 07?

Any experiences
  • The dealer i went to said he had one 08. It was the v8 model. Same deal, he said they just show up randomly mixed in with the 07's. Said they wouldn't be budging much on the price. Maybe he just wanted to move an 07 off his lot or not.

Anyone care to share their recent lease experience on an 07 LE?
  • Hi Car_man,

I have a noob question about pathfinder lease. Is lease qualified for those "cash back to customer" rebates? '07 Pathfinder has like $2,000 cash back, which can change my lease payment a lot.

Thank you
    PR
  • jackel142jackel142 Posts: 47
    I don't think Nissan motor credit is yet accepting the rebates for the lease, but what I found was "other lenders" that the dealer may deal with will accept them for leases, and it does make a major difference in the payment.
  • ocanycocanyc Posts: 3
    2007 Pathfinder LE.

taxes,dmv,first payment down = $2200.

Monthly payments = $474.

Was this a good deal? I surely hope so :)
This discussion has been closed.