Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Greetings jdmich. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Nissan's current buy rate for this truck. That is always a good thing. It is difficult for me to tell whether the price that you mentioned is this truck's MSRP or its selling price, but a base 2007 Pathfinder SE 4WD has a spread of around $2,100 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Plus, there is $500 NMAC bonus cash on it. This gives you a total of $2,600 to play with. Shoot for a discount of $2,000 or so on the Pathfinder that you want and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    This does indeed look like a good deal, jdmich. Congratulations. Make sure to stop by the new Edmunds.com Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of this site to share your thoughts on the dealer that you leased from with others. Enjoy your new ride :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Hello vapors1. Congratulations on your wife getting a company car. While I love cars, my motto has always been a free car is a good car. Having a free one lets you get something that you really like for your second vehicle.

The following articles will show you how to get a good deal on your new lease: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. Basically, you want to negotiate as low a selling price as you can on the Pathfinder that you want, and then see what the dealer will give you for your trades. Keeping the transactions separate makes things less confusing. $500 over invoice isn't bad for a lease of an '07 Pathfinder, but keep in mind that it really amounts to $1,000 over invoice once the $500 NMAC bonus cash is taken into account. It wouldn't hurt to try to shave another couple hundred dollars off of this price.

When you trade in your current vehicles, make sure to have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in them rather than using the proceeds from them as a down payment for your lease. I always advise consumers against making large down payments on leases. Those who make them risk losing part or all them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Once you have arrived at a selling price and trade in values that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using Nissan's buy rate lease money factor. NMAC's current buy rate for a 36 month lease of an '07 Pathfinder is .00025 for consumers who pay a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey footwood. The money factors that you were quoted are right in line with NMAC's current buy rates for the Pathfinder.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi leejen. The dealer invoice price for a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder S 2WD with no options but floor mats is only $24,800. As you can see, the capitalized cost that you were quoted is way too high. It looks as though it's even higher than this truck's full MSRP. As you suspected, this is not a very good deal. Try stopping by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "Nissan Pathfinder: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". In an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would shoot for a selling price of dealer invoice to $500 over. After the $500 NMAC bonus cash is taken into account, this is more like $500 to $1,000 over invoice.

Like most manufacturers' advertised lease payments, I suspect that the deals that Nissan is advertising on its site aren't terrible, but that they can be beaten by savvy consumers who comparison shop.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello footwood. The selling price that you mentioned is $200 under dealer invoice, which really amounts to $300 over once the $500 NMAC bonus cash that is available on this truck is taken into account. That's a very good deal. The money factors that you mentioned are right in line with NMAC's buy rate for this model as well. This looks like a great lease. If you like the truck, go for it. If you end up taking this offer, make sure to stop by the following discussion to share your thoughts on the experience with everyone: Edmunds.com Dealer Ratings & Reviews.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome alliyoung. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The most important number to focus on when leasing is your vehicle's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Shop around for the lowest possible price on the Pathfinder that you want and then have the dealer that gives you the best price calculate your lease payment using Nissan's buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the info that you're looking for, yepjimmy. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00130 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 2008 model (V6) are .00177 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
  • no5solono5solo Posts: 1
    I recently leased a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder. I wanted to know if I got a good deal. Here is what I got at Weston Nissan, South Florida:

2008 Pathfinder SE With Leather Package & DVD Entertainment System Bose System as well.

36mo.
    675.00 Total Out Of Pocket.
    469.00 Per Month (Tax Included)

Please comment on this deal. Thanks for your input.

Alex
  • ejr1217ejr1217 Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2007 Pathfinder Le from a dealership in Massachusetts. The dealer quoted the msrp of $36,880 and dealer cost of 35,000. The lease is for 39 months for $399.00 month with $1776.45 due at signing (tax, title, reg, doc, acq fee, first payment, sticker). Basicly wondering if this is a good deal. i do not plan on purchasing the motor vehicle at the end of the lease. Is gap insurance including in it? thank you
  • Hi Guys. JUst want to check if this is a good deal. I have the offer to lease a Nissan Pathfinder 2007 LE. The only two optional extras are the DVD in the back and the navigation system. I am not interested in the DVD for the rear seats.

I was quoted: 39 month lease, 12,000 miles per year, $380 per month includes tax. Only the inception fees, registration, dealer fee, DMV charge. zero down payment.

This doesn't include navigation. How much extra would that add ?

This is for NJ btw.

I have a Nissan Maxima to get rid of. The dealer said I would get top dollar for it approx $8000. And would also qualify for some Nissan cash back up to $1500.

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you. Nick
  • js76js76 Posts: 4
    wow...how much do you owe on your maxima...i have some negative equity to tack on to my lease...sounds like a great deal...what is the dealers name...think i might need to check them out. thanks.
  • mwood1mwood1 Posts: 1
    i've been looking for a pathfinder lease for a little while, and settled on one dealership. they offered me this:

MSRP - $33,500

Invoice - $30,500

Sell @ $30,000 (including cashback and college student cashback). This is exclusive for Costco Wholesale Club members. Not sure what the residual on it is, but I had a tradein as well:

2000 Pathfinder SE, Leather, Moonroof, Heated Seats / Mirrors 91,000 miles. They gave me $6,000 for it, and my payoff was $2100

That leaves $3900 less $450 inception fees (tax title reg i think), which leaves me with $3450 roughly. My payment without rolling the $3450 downpayment in was $410ish, and $311 including tax if I put that down.

It has the Luxury and Premium Packages, only major thing is it doesn't have Leather.

Is $311 a good payment? They eat the first payment (there's only 35 payments) and there is no security fee or anything, also a $500 credit for excess wear and tear.

Thanks guys!!
  • vrynicevrynice Posts: 22
    Got a price today for a 2008 LE 4x4 every option except for Nav and DVD) in south NJ
    Total out of pocket is 3k (which I think is a little high)
    12k miles per year for 36 months
    $499 including tax
    I still think this is a little high. Any input would help.
  • thanks for your response

don;t owe anything on the maxima

i am going to the dealership on thursday (i think) so will let you know the outcome

cheers
  • Car man,
    I can lease a new 2007 Pathfinder LE 4X4 no nav and no DVD with XM for $500 down and $496 a month total with tax etc. Is this a good deal for Florida. This is the best I have been able to do. Also, 15K miles

Thanks,

Clayton
  • jodymcdjodymcd Posts: 1
    I need to get a lease for 12 months. I also need to roll everything into the payment, meaning nothing up front. The only dealer that I've been able to get to do it has offered me this:

$889/mo. with 15,000 miles
    Cap cost: $25,248
    Residual: .79

What should I do? Is this a fair price? As far as I know they're using the 12 month Nissan guidelines that were faxed to them earlier today. Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,818
    You'd be way ahead by just buying a slightly used car, then selling it after 12 months... Over $10K to drive a Pathfinder for a year?

Very few banks offer good lease terms for only 12 months.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Here is the deal- never neg. a lease so your opinions would be appreciated for the car in the title. This is a 39 month 15k per year lease.

MSRP = 35810
    Invoice = 32,943
    Cap cost = 32,500 - below invoice on an '08
    Fees = 1,600 - tags /acquisition/first month /reg etc.
    Deposit=2,000 - Trade in
    Net Cap cost = 32,100
    MF = .000209 or 1% - This is excellent
    Residual Value = 50% ?? This is what seems odd to me as this value should be 53-56%?
    tax rate = 7% New Jersey
    Monthly with Tax = $411

I tried to get an 2007 with same config but they are all gone in the color pref the wife wants. BTW the Residual for the 07 is the same??. I think this is a good deal but I am concerned about the fees and the Residual value. Any help / advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks
  • Hi mwood1. The selling price that you were quoted for the Pathfinder that you are interested in looks very attractive to me. I see that you are considering making a $3,450 down payment on your lease. It would be in your best interest to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. I always advise consumers against making down payments when leasing because those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses Nissan's buy rate lease money factor to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Pathfinder SE 4WD is .00018 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi vrynice. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Pathfinder that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings Clayton. If you have shopped around with a couple of dealers and this is the best that you can do on this truck, it is probably a pretty good deal. Still the best way to analyze it is to take a look at its MSRP and selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. These numbers will show you just how much of a discount you are being given and if there is possibly any room left for negotiation. Let me know what these numbers are and I will be happy to tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi jodymcd. I completely agree with my esteemed co-worker kyfdx. You probably should just pay cash for or finance a used vehicle and them sell it privately or to a dealer after a year. I don't believe that Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp., Nissan's captive finance company, even offers 12 month leases. If it does, I haven't seen one. The shortest NMAC lease that I have seen is 24 months. Perhaps they were able to work up a special 12 month lease for you. Even if they were, leasing a new vehicle for such a short term will be very expensive because new vehicles experience their most rapid depreciation during the first year of ownership. Generally speaking, the longer a lease is, the more payments there is to spread out the large initial depreciation hit out over, and the lower the monthly payment will be.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi leftylang. Since you have never negotiated a lease before, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Despite your lack of experience in negotiating leases, it looks like you did a very good job. Not only did you get all of the important information that you need to decide whether this is a good deal, you actually got a good one. A selling price of below dealer invoice is great for a leased 2008 Pathfinder.

The lease program that you were quoted for this truck looks a little strange though. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of an '08 Pathfinder SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 55%, respectively for consumers who pay a security deposit at lease signing. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses this program to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • A local dealer is advertising a 24 mo. lease at $99.00/mo. + tax on 08' Pathfinders. Drive off is $3999.00. Would this be considered a decent deal or not?
  • What is the residual and money factor for an '08 SE v6 FWD leather, dvd, third row? 12k miles? 15k miles?

This site is great. Thanks for the help.
  • I just leased an '08 Pathfinder with leather, DVD, premium package.

Sales Price $32,681
    Residual 59%
    Money Factor .00110
    12k miles
    36 months
    First payment down
    $419 a month
  • njsknjsk Posts: 2
    Hey Car_Man, does this sound like a good deal or not ?

08 Pathfinder LE 4WD V6:
    MSRP base $37,000
    Floor & Cargo mats $240.00
    Moonroof deflector $100.00
    Destination $705.00
    MSRP $38,045
    Agreed price $36400.95
    Selling price $38590.47 (Tax,Title,Acq,Doc, and 1st month included)
    Money factor .0016
    Total out of pocket $0.00 (sign and drive)
    Residual value $20163.85 or 53%
    Lease term: 39 mos, 15k miles/year
    Monthly lease pymt $566.49 x 38 which includes everything
  • Please let me know where did you get this deal.
    I believe it's a great deal.
    Thanks!

(I just leased an '08 Pathfinder with leather, DVD, premium package.

Sales Price $32,681
    Residual 59%
    Money Factor .00110
    12k miles
    36 months
    First payment down
    $419 a month )
  • Also $419 including tax??
This discussion has been closed.