Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Quest Lease Questions

Comments

• yhariyhari Posts: 27
    Carman,

Can you provide current MF an Residual for 24 mos and 36 mos for Nissan Quest SE and SL models, with 12k miles per year? Are the current dealer incentives good towards this lease?

Thanks
    YH
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Here you go, YH. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Quest SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00067 and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00067 and 42%. NMAC's numbers for the '08 Quest SL are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • brian_sbrian_s Posts: 2
    Hello,

Hope all are well. Does anyone have the new 2011 Quest Money Factor and Residual for a 39 month NMAC lease on a 2011 Quest LE? Also - I've seen a couple different invoices, if anyone could help out - would really appreciate it!

Thanks so much,

Brian
    Hello Brian. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s March buy rate lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Quest LE with 15,000 miles per year are .00230 and 44%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You should be able to find the dealer invoice price for this vehicle over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • brian_sbrian_s Posts: 2
    Thanks Car_man!

I actually picked up the 2011 Quest and love it so far. Appreciate the info.

Brian
    No problem Brian. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • hoolie31hoolie31 Posts: 1
    I wondering about the money factor and residual on a 24 or 36 month Quest SL lease with 12,000 miles per year.
    Hoolie31, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Quest SL with 12,000 miles per year are .00230 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00230 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • ahashmiahashmi Posts: 67
    Hi Car_Man,

You have information on a 2011 Quest LE for 39 months and 12k mi/yr?

Let me know, Thanks in advance
    Hey ahashmi. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Quest LE with 12,000 miles per year are .00144 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Is that the same for an SL?
    Hey mdspinner. The residual value for an otherwise identical lease of a Quest SL is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • jmpukjmpuk Posts: 1
    Hi, new to this game as I am from the UK. Based on the factors listed in this thread, how would I calculate what a good lease price would be? I am looking at an SL list price about $36,000. If you already have a leased Quest, what do /did you pay?

Any help much appreciated.
  • Hi jmpuk. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 Quest SL with 15,000 miles per year are .00162 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

You can plug this information, along with this van's MSRP and its selling price into the formula that is outlined in the following article to calculate a payment: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Can you tell me if I have a decent deal on this 2012 Nissan Rogue SV with SL package? This is actually the first deal, and I am not trying to rush things, and I intend to give a counter offer:

MSRP: $30,750 Selling price: $28,200 Residual Value: $17,407 Money Factor: 0.00029 ZERO money down, (includes $1,356 current lease with VW balance), $830 destination fee, $350 DMV, up front taxes $1687 + $369 first month payment.

I prefer to NOT pay the taxes up front, so this will be in my counter. Any suggestions on how I should handle and do you think I have room to negotiate selling price any further? Any advise is appreciated! Thanks!
  • Hi Car_Man,

Would you happen to have the 36 & 39 month rates for a 2012 Quest SL w/15k miles per year?

Thanks!
  • 08outtie08outtie Posts: 13
    edited September 2012
    After comparing a few lease quotes, between the Quest LE, SL and Sienna LE, I decided to go with the Quest SL. Here are the data (all based on 12K miles/yr):
    Quest LE quotes: MSRP - $44,130; Net Cap Cost - $39,800; Residual - $22,506 (51%); Money Factor - 0.00195; Term - 36 months. Monthly payment is $567.01 + tax; Down payment $3,000.

Quest SL quotes: MSRP - $35,720; Net Cap Cost - $32,048; Residual - $19,646 (55%); Money Factor - 0.00185; Term - 39 months. Monthly payment is $283.26 + tax; Down payment $3K.

Sienna LE with Leather Seats and Navigation: MSRP - $33,785; Net Cap Cost - $31,895; Residual - $16,632 (49%); Money Factor - 0.0004; Term - 36 months. Monthly payment is $404 + tax; Down payment $3K.

In truth, the Sienna LE was a 2012 model which has an awesome 0.0004 money factor. The only thing the Nissan dealer can do to match such a low monthly payment is to extend the terms from 36 months to 39 months, which really isn't apple to apple anymore. However, as you can see, the Sienna's discount (MSRP-Cap Cost = $1,890) on the vehicle wasn't as deep as the Quest SL (MSRP-Cap Cost = $3,672). To me, the Quest SL is a much better vehicle than the Sienna LE. So the deeper discount on the Quest SL out weighs the lower money factor on the Sienna LE in my opinion. Plus, as you can see, Sienna's residual value is not as high as the Quest. Therefore, it offset some of the benefit of the lower money factor.

I really like the Quest SL, because I have the power lift gate which the Sienna LE lacks. The leather upholstery and the interior design is so much better than the Sienna. I know the Quest SL doesn't have the navigation, but nowadays with the free nav on our smart phone, I really don't think it is reasonable to pay almost $8k more on the Quest LE over the SL just because of the nav. All the other nice features like the seat memory, blind spot monitoring..etc are nice, but I can live without. So at the end, the SL is a very sensible choice in my opinion, saving about $200/month in monthly payment comparing to the Quest LE.
  • janoojanoo Posts: 15
    Hi am planning to taking delivery of an Nissan Quest 2012 LE model with out moon roof. The car has an MSRP of $43625. I have made a deal that total of out pocket monies including taxes, destination charge, motor vehicle and acquistion fee, bank fee etc for a total of $4000 and no other money out of pocket is required. The lease price per month which includes the gap insurance is $465 for 39 months 12000 miles per anum. What is your opinion of this deal for anyone that can answer would be greatly appreciated?
  • Hi all,

Just wanted to add a data point for a Quest SL that I leased yesterday.

15k miles/year 39 month lease
    54% Residual
    .00145 mf
    MSRP: 35655.00
    Net Cap Cost: 30945.00 (Includes Acquisition Fee/Dealer Fees/Tag/etc.)
    Total due at signing $410 ($394 monthly payment + $16 down..don't ask me why)
    Monthly Payment: $394 inc/tax
  • Take the money factor and multiply by 2,400 and you get the interest rate equivalent.

Most leases are pegged to 15,000 miles per year, because that is the average people drive per year. THIS IS THE STANDARD! The reason you see ads for 12,000 or 10,000 miles if because there is a bump in the residual value and they can advertise a lower payment. You can get up to 25,000 miles per year in most leases.

If you are a high mile driver and change cars every 3 years, leasing is perfect. Instead of being upside down, you get a payment similar to the buy option (leases are normally lower because you are only paying for a portion of the vehicle) without being told you're upside down $5,000 because you have a 3 year old car with 75,000 miles.

The only people who buy those cars are people looking for a killer deal.