Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Sentra Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi racheleb. It sounds like you are new to leasing. You definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Vehicle's lease payments are made up of two parts, the depreciation portion and the interest portion. Residual values are used to calculate how much depreciation lessees have to pay over the course of their lease. They are usually expressed as a percentage of a vehicle's full MSRP, including the destination charge and any options that can be residualized. The higher a vehicle's residual value is, the better because it means that you will have to pay for less depreciation and that your monthly payment will be lower.

Money factors are used to calculate the interest portion of lease payments. Money factors can be converted into approximate interest rate equivalents by multiplying them by 2400. For example, the .00141 money factor that Nissan is charging on a 36 month lease of a 2007 Sentra is equivalent to an interest rate of around 3.38%. The lower a money factor is, the better because the less interest you will have to pay over the course of your lease.

Anyhow, take a look at those articles and let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Here you go, srqcaddy. Nissan Motor Acceptance corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Sentra 2.0 SL with 15,000 miles per year are .00082 and 67%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00141 and 55%. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $500 cash incentive that Nissan is currently providing on vehicles that are financed or leased through NMAC into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi blueiiii1972. Here is the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S with 12,000 miles per year are .00141 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 Sentra 2.0 SL are .00141 and 56%. I don't believe that NMAC offers 10,000 mile per year leases on Nissan division vehicles, but you should check with the dealer that you are working with to make certain that it doesn't. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $500 lease cash that Nissan is currently providing on it.

As far as what fees you should expect to pay go, at lease signing you will have to pay your car's first month's payment, a security deposit that's equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, NMAC's $595 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
  • ws01ws01 Posts: 9
    Car_Man, could you give me current residual and money factors for 36 or 39 mo. lease on 2007 and 2008 Sentra SE-R?

TKS
    Peter
  • Hi Car_Man, can you provide me with the current residual and money factors for a 2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0S? I'm looking at either a 24mo or a 36mo with either 10k or 12k miles.

Thank you!
    Scott
  • Hi Peter. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Sentra SE-R with 15,000 miles per year are .00295 and 61%, respectively. The money factor for an otherwise identical 39 month lease of this car would be the same, but its residual value would be 60%.

NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R (non-Spec-V) with 15,000 miles per year are .00141 and 55%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00135 and 54%.

When negotiating your lease on these cars, make sure to take the $1,000 cash incentive that is available on '07 Sentra and the $500 incentive that is available on the '08 Sentra deals that are run through NMAC into account. They will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, stingley77. Nissan Motor acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0S with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00229 and 73%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00295 and 61%. I don't believe that NMAC offers leases with only 10,000 miles per year, but you should check with the dealer that you are working with just to make sure.

Car_man
    Host
  • Could you post lease rates for Sentra 2.0SL 24months 12k/ year and 15k/year. Alos, please include the price I can get this car for in Los Angeles if you know.
    Thank you
  • stactumstactum Posts: 39
    Hello,

I would highly appreciate if somebody could provide me with residual value and money factor for 08 Sentra 2.0 (non S or SL). I am looking to get one either for 12K or 15K miles for either 36 or 39 month. Thank you.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hello stactum. Here is the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 with 15,000 miles per year are .00194 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00194 and 55%. If you were to lease this car with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • I would highly appreciate if somebody could provide me with residual value and money factor for 08 Sentra 2.0 with ABS and 15,000 miles for 24 months lease. Dealer is also offering to pay the tax for me. Thank you.
    Here you go, tangomujer. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 with 15,000 miles per year are .00084 and 68%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • rdyxlrdyxl Posts: 4
    I am in the market for a Nissan Sentra 2.0S with CVT package. Can anyone help with the Jun's money factor and residual for 24 / 36 month lease with 12000 miles per year. :confuse:
    Thanks
    Here's the info that you're looking for, rdyxl. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00084 and 69%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00118 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,715
    Have these numbers changed for July? Also, is 12k miles the lowest that the NMAC leases go? Thank you.
    Hi backy. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Sentra 2.0S with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00040 and 55%, respectively. I have never seen a NMAC lease with less than 12,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
  • rasldaslrasldasl Posts: 74
    I went through the typical dealer experience the day I leased my Sentra. Would have signed away my first born child to get out of there. Instead signed a lease for a $21,000 loaded Sentra SL that they somehow had capitalized at $23,000 (and I don't think this included any fees/tax/title). Long story short, I am paying $369/month for a 36 month/36,000 mile lease. I am a bit over on mileage but can probably keep it down for the remaining 18 months to come in about even. I think I am paying way too much and could probably have bought the thing for the same payment but that's water under the bridge.

Here is my question: I acutally like the car and might want to buy it out at lease end. The problem is that the way they structured the lease the buyout is about $12,000. I think that is more than the car is going to be worth. Do I have any room to negotiate this price? I don't want to have to turn it in and then buy a similar car used, not knowing the history of it, when I could just buy this one. Also, I am not familiar with how this buy-out affects things like sales tax. I know if I buy a car for $12,000 cash with no trade-in here in NJ I will pay $840 sales tax. Was sales tax on the whole price of the car already paid when I leased it or just tax on the difference between capitilized cost and buyout price?

I spoke to a salesman at another dealer and he indicated that if I want a new Nissan that I might be able to get out of the lease as soon as 6 months early without having to pay the remaining payments. That might be an option but I really don't want to get into another lease (ever again!) so then I am looking at payments on a new car instead of a used one. They will be pretty high since I will have no trade-in.

Anybody out there with experience in this area?

Thanks.
  • ed108ed108 Posts: 34
    What about the 24 month numbers? I've seen a $159/month for 24 months ad which I may be interested in.

Thanks for your reply.
  • I was told from a dealer
    "On the lease, you do not have any customer cash. Customer cash is for purchases only. So when you see these low prices on cars, that's after the cash back offer is applied. There is no cash back offer with the lease. Only a special money factor. "

Is this not the case? According to your post it looks like those rebates would be in effect.
  • dperonedperone Posts: 14
    Looking for a 36 month - 12K lease on a loaded Sentra in NJ. Thoughts on good deals??
    Hello ed108. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Sentra 2.0S with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are an extremely attractive .00006 and 67%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jmcgonigal. The $1,500 customer cash incentive that Nissan is currently providing on the 2008 Sentra is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • leeshuckleeshuck Posts: 73
    I received this quote from a local dealer for a 2008 Nissan Sentra Base Model with CVT. It looks good to me, but I though I would post here for any expert feedback. Thanks, Lee

Invoice MSRP

BASE $15,387 $16,040

FLO $130 $165
    MATS W/O DIVIDER

SGD $106 $140
    SPLASH GUARDS

Freight Charge $660 $660

Total Invoice: $16,283 MSRP :$17,005

Monthly Payment : $255 including tax ($ 237 BEFORE TAX)
    Term : 24 months
    Mileage: 12000 miles per year

Lease Rate: 0.00006

Term: 24
    Lease Institution: NMACL
    Base Monthly Rental: $ 237.29
    Use Tax: 7.7500%$ 18.39
    M.S.R.P.: $ 17,005.00
    Total Monthly Payment: $ 255.68
    Mnthy/Ann Expect M: 12,000
    Mileage Penalty Rate: $ 0.15
    License Fees: $ 171.00
    Residual %: 66.00%
    Residual Value: $ 11,223.30
    CapTax1 Rt/Amt: 7.7500%

Initial Cap Cost: $ 16,283.00
    Bank Fee: $ 595.00
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $ 16,878.00

Drive Off: $ 483.92
  • Hi Car Man,

Can you please provide me with the current NMAC lease programs (residuals and money factor rates) on the Nissan Sentra 2.0 S & SL? I'm interested in 24 and 36 month programs with 12 and 15K options. I'm trying to find the best lease deal for my mother. She's always liked Nissan's product but it open to any make at this point. Do you have any recommendations for other vehicle which currently have great lease programs? She's would like to be 250 or under with only her first payment down (adding taxes and fees into the lease). Only vehicle requirement is a height adjustable driver seat and good visibility.

Thank you!
  • Hello wdomkr03. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Sentra 2.0 S with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00325 and 65%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00325 and 53%. Interestingly, the numbers for the '08 Sentra SL are exactly the same.

NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Sentra 2.0 S with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00325 and 65%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00325 and 53%.

As far as similar cars that have better lease programs goes, your mother may want to take a look at the Toyota Corolla, Toyota Matrix, Mazda3, and Volkswagen Jetta. Even the unsupported lease program for the Honda civic isn't too bad.

Car_man
    Host
  • I need to know if I am getting a good deal..

Nissan sentra...bottom of the line...

24 month lease..18000 miles a year... NO MONEY DOWN,,,$339 per month

how is this
  • Hi noah12345. The best way to tell how good a deal this is is to look at this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers, it is difficult to tell how much of a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what they are and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • guamjoguamjo Posts: 6
    Just received the following quote on a 39 month lease on a Nissan Sentra FE+2.0S

MSRP - $18785
    Negotiated price - $17300 (Includes cost of splash guards, trunk/floor mats)
    Residual Rate - 58%
    Money Factor - .00062
    Down Payment - $1540 (includes all fees, taxes, DMV fees, 1st month payment)
    Monthly Payment - $180

Is this a decent deal or can I do better?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thx!
  • I know Nissan is running a deal right now for their SR model.

Are there similar numbers for the SL trim model?

12k miles
  • Hi leetchie69. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Sentra SR with 15,000 miles per year are .00254 and 64%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.