Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Sentra Lease Questions

Comments

• Regarding post #20, this is for a Sentra 2.0S (with manual transmission and convenience package).
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Greetings stoned_beagle. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a base 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 with 12,000 miles per year are .00137 and 68%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00151 and 56%. The money factors are the same for other Sentra trim levels, but its residual values are slightly different so let me know if you want a different version of this car. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $500 NMAC lease cash that is currently available on it. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi sphinxridd. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • sean67854sean67854 Posts: 2
    What would the residuals be on an SL and SE-R for both a 24 and 36 month lease?
  • avljmaxavljmax Posts: 10
    Hi Car_man. I was hoping to find out the current lease money factor and residual for a 36-month, 12000 miles per year lease on the 2007 Sentra 2.0S. Just thought you should know that you were incredibly helpful to me when I leased my last car (3 years ago). Thank you for your response to my newest lease query!
    Hi sean67854. Through July 2nd, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Nissan Sentra SL with 15,000 miles per year are .00137 and 68%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00151 and 56%. When negotiating your lease on this car make sure to take advantage of the $500 bonus cash that Nissan is providing on deals that are run through NMAC.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome back avljmax. Through July 2nd, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0S with 12,000 miles per year are .00151 and 54%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $500 NMAC bonus cash. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • How does the residual value work? And what does "lease money factor" mean? Why would I want to know these numbers? I am looking at a current lease deal on the Nissan website: $159/mo for the 2.0 CVT. From the ad: "$16,340 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $14,017 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee." I am looking to lease my first car on my own, and am also considering the Mazda 3 and maybe the Subaru Impreza sedan, both also currently have deals for under $200/ mo. for a lease. Thanks for your time!
  • Hi Car_man. I was hoping to find out the current lease money factor and residual for a 2007 Sentra 2.0SL for both 24 and 36mo/15k.

Thanks
  • Good Day Car_Man,

I build a lease model, but require your assistance on some information, please.

What's the current money factor and residuals for the following?
    Sentra 2.0S, 12k & 10.5k miles, 36 months
    Sentra 2.0SL, 12k & 10.5k miles, 36 months

I like my leases to be on only the cost of the depreciated value of the car. I pay all taxes and fees up front. Question... aside from taxes, what "fees" are legitimate that I should expect to pay? and what is a decent/typical range ($) for each?

Thank you sir...
  • Hi racheleb. It sounds like you are new to leasing. You definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Vehicle's lease payments are made up of two parts, the depreciation portion and the interest portion. Residual values are used to calculate how much depreciation lessees have to pay over the course of their lease. They are usually expressed as a percentage of a vehicle's full MSRP, including the destination charge and any options that can be residualized. The higher a vehicle's residual value is, the better because it means that you will have to pay for less depreciation and that your monthly payment will be lower.

Money factors are used to calculate the interest portion of lease payments. Money factors can be converted into approximate interest rate equivalents by multiplying them by 2400. For example, the .00141 money factor that Nissan is charging on a 36 month lease of a 2007 Sentra is equivalent to an interest rate of around 3.38%. The lower a money factor is, the better because the less interest you will have to pay over the course of your lease.

Anyhow, take a look at those articles and let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Here you go, srqcaddy. Nissan Motor Acceptance corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Sentra 2.0 SL with 15,000 miles per year are .00082 and 67%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00141 and 55%. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $500 cash incentive that Nissan is currently providing on vehicles that are financed or leased through NMAC into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi blueiiii1972. Here is the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S with 12,000 miles per year are .00141 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 Sentra 2.0 SL are .00141 and 56%. I don't believe that NMAC offers 10,000 mile per year leases on Nissan division vehicles, but you should check with the dealer that you are working with to make certain that it doesn't. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $500 lease cash that Nissan is currently providing on it.

As far as what fees you should expect to pay go, at lease signing you will have to pay your car's first month's payment, a security deposit that's equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, NMAC's $595 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
  • ws01ws01 Posts: 9
    Car_Man, could you give me current residual and money factors for 36 or 39 mo. lease on 2007 and 2008 Sentra SE-R?

TKS
    Peter
  • Hi Car_Man, can you provide me with the current residual and money factors for a 2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0S? I'm looking at either a 24mo or a 36mo with either 10k or 12k miles.

Thank you!
    Scott
  • Hi Peter. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Sentra SE-R with 15,000 miles per year are .00295 and 61%, respectively. The money factor for an otherwise identical 39 month lease of this car would be the same, but its residual value would be 60%.

NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R (non-Spec-V) with 15,000 miles per year are .00141 and 55%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00135 and 54%.

When negotiating your lease on these cars, make sure to take the $1,000 cash incentive that is available on '07 Sentra and the $500 incentive that is available on the '08 Sentra deals that are run through NMAC into account. They will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, stingley77. Nissan Motor acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0S with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00229 and 73%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00295 and 61%. I don't believe that NMAC offers leases with only 10,000 miles per year, but you should check with the dealer that you are working with just to make sure.

Car_man
    Host
  • Could you post lease rates for Sentra 2.0SL 24months 12k/ year and 15k/year. Alos, please include the price I can get this car for in Los Angeles if you know.
    Thank you
  • stactumstactum Posts: 39
    Hello,

I would highly appreciate if somebody could provide me with residual value and money factor for 08 Sentra 2.0 (non S or SL). I am looking to get one either for 12K or 15K miles for either 36 or 39 month. Thank you.
    Hello stactum. Here is the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 with 15,000 miles per year are .00194 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00194 and 55%. If you were to lease this car with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.