Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Xterra Lease Questions

Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Nissan Xterra. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• Can you tell me what the money factor and residual is for a 2006 Xterra SE with no extras.
  • I don't have the answer, but you probably want to specify 2WD or 4WD, and auto vs. manual, so that people know exactly what vehicle you are referring to...
  • I am considering leasing vs. buying a 2006 Xterra - Off Road model. It is an automatic w/ 4WD. Minimal options.
    MSRP = $28,300

Lease is $465/mo. with $0 down for 36 mos (15k miles/year) or;
    Purchase at @26,900. (incl all fees. Thoughts anyone?
  • newronewro Posts: 19
    I have some thoughts, went through exactly the same scenario with Nissan, same lease price. Told the sales person that their price was out of line, especially since she wanted to put me in a pathfinder for $399/month. I have never owned an XTerra, but can only assume that Nissan does not think much of the residual on this truck. For $465 I can do a lot better than a $28,000 truck. I dont see many on the road and thats the reason. The lease price makes no sense. Plenty of other trucks to look at with leases that actually make sense.
  • Greetings dave85. This truck's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. For now, I will provide you with its 36 month, 15,000 mile per year numbers (these are fairly common lease terms). Let me know if you want something different. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00177 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • steveveystevevey Posts: 7
    Thats rediculous for a 26k truck, especially when you can lease a 30k 4runner for like 259/month with 3k down or like 339/mth with zero down.

probably better off buying the Xterra, leasing the Pathfinder.
  • alphawolfealphawolfe Posts: 2
    How is the residual value percentage determined and does it vary depending upon location? If so, what is it in Portland Oregon?
  • alphawolfealphawolfe Posts: 2
    How is the residual value percentage determined and does it vary depending upon location? If so, what is it in Portland Oregon
  • bmwlookerbmwlooker Posts: 9
    In Colorado, and need to verify rate factor and residual on a 2006 Nissan Xterra 4dr Off Road V6 Auto 4WD

Your Build Invoice MSRP
    Base $25,392 $27,150
    Options $0 $0
    Destination $605 $605
    Total $25,997 $27,755

And current rebates. Thank you!
    Loren
  • Hello I was wondering what the lease prce would be around if I were to get a brand new Nissan Xterra SE with optional side air bags, satellite radio, ilumminated mirror/compass, and a grille guard?
    I currently have a 2004 Honda Accord EX Sedan with leather, xm satellite radio, front and side air bags (front and rear) 4cyl engine etc. Kelly Blue Book estimates my value to be $17000 with mileage at 15000 (right now I am at 14000, so may be worth more) I am looking to trade this into Nissan for a new Xterra as I mentioned.

Also my lease ends in March, but would like to get into this Xterra sooner than March...how do I go about this?

Any help with these questions will be great! :)
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Greetings Loren. This truck's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you are allowed to drive it. For now I will assume that you are interested in a typical 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road 4WD through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00159 and 51%, respectively. Nissan is currently providing $1,000 customer cash on the '06 Xterra, but unfortunately this cash cannot be combined with the aforementioned special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi matthattan1587. Your lease payment for this truck depends upon its MSRP and selling price. If you provide me with these numbers, I would be happy to use Nissan's actual lease program to estimate what this truck's monthly payment should be. You can find its MSRP and dealer invoice price by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing.

If you are currently in a lease that is not scheduled to end until next March, it would be in your best interest to wait a while to get a new vehicle. It is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases before their scheduled end dates.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • nay6nay6 Posts: 1
    Hi any help will be so greatly appreciated.
    Looked into a Nissan Xterra lease, SE model, MSRP price is$26,700
    My trade in amount is $2300 and in telling the dealer I wanted to pay no more than $310 a month, he was able to get my payment to that with no out of pocket. Something is not sitting well in that it's a 39 month lease and he told me the buyout at the end of the lease is $13,997
    The deal sounds too good to be true and I'm afraid there's a hidden catch somewhere? Any advice or suggestions?
  • Does anyone happen to have the residual, and Money factors for a 2006 Nissan Xterra SE 4X4 for September, 2006. Any help with this would be great, as we are about to start our war with the local dealers.

Sorry the term will be 39 months with 15000 miles.

Josh :P
  • Hello Josh. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2006 Xterra SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00126 and 51%. respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Car Man
    I am looking at a 06 SE 4wd, MSRP of $28,885. Selling price of $25,622, I will be rolling in $1,900 from my current car into the lease. MF .00125,Resid. 51%. 39 months @ 15,000 yr. I would like to know what the payments should be and if this information looks to be fair and accurate. Dealer quote is $404/m

Thank you.
  • tinycadontinycadon Posts: 287
    I can't tell you about your lease payments but I can tell you this, DO NOT roll that $1,900 into the lease!!!!! Get them to cut you a check for the vehicle and pocket the money. A) It's not going to significantly reduce your payments. B) You can use that money to make your initial 4 or 5 payments and most importantly C) If you drive that vehicle off the lot, get into a wreck and total the vehicle, you will not get back 1 dime of that down payment from the insurance co. When you lease, and total a vehicle, they will only pay out the balance that is left on the lease, they will not pay out the total value of the vehicle. So if your truck is worth $23.5 and you only owe $21.6 on the lease, you will only get $21.6 in the settlement meaning your $1,900 is out the window!
  • I should have clarified the $1900. This is not equity, this is the difference of the trade in value and the balance owed on the vehicle.
  • I'm looking at leasing a 2007 XTerra Off-Road edition with 4X4 for 36 months and 15,00 miles a year. (I'd put zero down and only pay TTL and first month's payment at lease inception.)

My question:

What is the best money factor available to me from NMAC? (I recently pulled my credit report and my credit score is over 800.) Correct me if I'm mistaken, but can someone with great credit like me haggle over money factors applied to leases? I've looked at a lot of the bulletin boards for leasing Nissan vehicles and it seems that the money factors on Nissan leases are all over the map. How is the money factor figured out? Does the finance manager look at a sliding scale, a computer screen, or does he just pull it out of thin air? Does it vary by the model you buy or does it vary by the customer who signs the lease?

What would be the money factor on a lease like this?
  • Sounds like this lease is a special financing lease by Nissan since you're not putting any money down other than the TTL + 1st month's payment. If that's the case then the money factor is set, there's no negotiating it.