Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Xterra Lease Questions

2»

Comments

• smithjhsmithjh Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Could I please get residual value and money factor figures for a certified preowned 2006 offroad 4X4 in NC? The dealer has listed the truck at about $22K. What are your thoughts on leasing a used car? Is this a bonehead idea?

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi smithjh. I do not personally keep tabs on the lease programs for used vehicles. I have found that manufacturers' used vehicle lease programs are usually not as attractive as their used vehicle programs and that the difference between leasing a CPO vehicle and a similar brand new one is often not as much as one would think. Make sure to compare the lease payment for the used Xterra that you are interested in to the payment for a similar new model before going with the used model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • steevosteevo Posts: 333
    Car_Man
    Could you post the MF and Residual for a 2007 versus a 2008 Xterra? If the models have diff numbers use the Xterra S. 36m/15000 miles . There is xtra cash back on 2007 but trying to see if higher residual of 2008 makes for a better deal...
    Thanks.
  • Hey steevo. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Xterra S 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00225 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 Xterra S 4WD are .00059 and 51%. Nissan is not currently providing cash incentives on leases of either of these trucks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I am looking at leasing an 08 Xterra, probably an SE RWD with airbag and tow package. I was looking at a Pathfinder...but don't think we need something that big just yet.
    I want to pay tax, title, tag, and at most another $1000 down to drive it away. I plan on using the internet and carsdirect to get a bunch of quotes.
    Edmonds lists MSRP at $28,640 and Invoice at $26,771.
    I think there's a $2500 incentive going on right now.
    I am just starting to begin the research and plan to buy next month. Can anyone provide the residual percentage for the Xterra I want and the current money factor (my wife and I have exceptional credit)? Trying to calculate my monthly payment, roughly.
    No one has posted on here in a while, anyone have any recent experience leasing one...prices/payments/ etc. Thanks in advance for any help. :D
    Hi ucfphi225. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Xterra SE 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00142 and 53%, respectively. Unfortunately, the $2,500 consumer cash incentive that you mentioned is not compatible with this special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • g17g17 Posts: 45
    Hi Car_man...

i was wondering if you could provide the financial numbers for an 08 Xterra.

Im looking at a loaded SE 4x4. Do you have the MF and res for this model for
    24 mo. 15k/yr
    36 mo. 15k/yr

Thanks in advance! :)
    Here you go, g17. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00069 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00069 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • what is the gooing leese rate on a 2008 exterra now or probbly bettor off byeing let me no marco
    Hi marco. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of an '08 Xterra is a very attractive .00050. This is equivalent to an interest rate of only 1.2%.

Car_man
    Host
  • gadomgadom Posts: 16
    Given the up to $8500 off MSRP (5,000 dealer incentive, 3,000 cash back, 500 new grad) that large volume Nissan dealers are offering I would say buy it.
  • Hi, I leased my 2007 XTerra OR in Nov 2007, with payments of $506/mo. Now, much as I totally enjoy this vehicle, I need to do everything I can to save money for a house, and the one thing I don't like is the gas mileage =< Besides, the XTerra has just become impractical for me.
    Is is possible to "trade down" within Nissan for a smaller, lower rate/less expensive car?
  • Hi redrambler. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates, even if you want to get a different vehicle from the same manufacturer. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. This is especially true in today's economy where the prices of used vehicles, particularly for used trucks, have absolutely fallen off of a cliff.

Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • zooch76zooch76 Posts: 4
    Hi Everyone,

I went to lease an 09 Xterra Off Road but the numbers were insane. The dealer claimed the following:

Money Factor: .00390
    Residual: 36%

Needless to say, both of these numbers drove the payment through the roof! I have tier 2 credit but still, that residual really killed it. And besides, credit shouldn't effect the residual, should it? I am in Southern California.

Thanks,
    Zach
    Hi Zach. If you are set on leasing your next vehicle, then the Xterra is definitely not for you. Nissan is not currently providing any lease support on the 2009 Xterra. As a result, if you were to lease one through Nissan Motor acceptance Corp. right now you would have to use its standard lease money factor. At .00310, NMAC's top buy rate standard lease money factor is better than what you were quoted, but still bad. That's equivalent to an interest rate of a little over 7.4%.

The Xterra's residual values are terrible as well. We're talking in the high 30% area for a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease. Ouch :sick: .

This is not the truck for someone who wants to lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • zooch76zooch76 Posts: 4
    Thanks for the info Car_man! These boards are great and you do a great job providing answers for everyone, especially the people like me who have so many questions! Thanks again!
    You're very welcome, zooch76. Thanks for the kind words.

Car_man
    Host
2»
This discussion has been closed.