Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Xterra Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi eagles2. You probably would be better off paying the $1,900 that you are upside down on your current car off on your own than rolling it into your new lease. I can estimate what this truck's lease payment will be with and without it for you. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD with an MSRP of $28,885 and a selling price of $25,622 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $337. If you were to roll the $1,900 in negative equity into your lease, it would increase the monthly payment to around $388.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings nanbakat. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Xterra Off Road 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00221 and 51%, respectively. Nissan's lease program varies by model. This is the best possible money factor that is available on this model. Haggling will not get you a better factor than this.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Car_man:

You wrote to eagles2:

"if you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD with an MSRP of $28,885 and a selling price of $25,622 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $337."

25,622 is a VERY good price for this vehicle. How did you arrive at that price figure? Is that invoice pricing minus some sort of year-end closeout incentive?

What money factor did you use to calculate that lease payment? It seems that Nissan likes 39 month leases and gives better interest rates on 39 month leases as opposed to 36 month leases.
  • Hi nanbakat. $25,622 is the selling price that eagles2 told me he was able to get this truck for in the post that I was replying to. I am not sure where eagles2 got this number from, but I assume that it was a quote from a dealer. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2006 Xterra SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 50%. Nissan's 39 month term provides the lowest available money factor on this model right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jbs7jbs7 Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,
    I'm attempting to lease a 2007 Nissan Xterra SE in the Toledo, OH area. I'm looking to lease it (39 months, 12,000 miles) with nothing down and am finding my offers to be much higher than I anticipated. My offers thus far:
    $560 a month - joke
    $480 a month - too high
    $448 a month - my best offer but still seems very pricy
    This is my first time dealing with Nissan. Are they not a good company to lease from? Is buying the way to go with them?? $26,481 is the lease price...$28,628 is the out the door pricing on a purchase.

Thanks in advance!
  • Generally, Xterras don't lease out well. Most lenders think of them as off-road vehicles that are going to get driven HARD and therefore returned in rough shape. Pickup trucks are similar when it comes to leasing in my opinion. Its definately a "buy" vehicle. If your heart is set on leasing, you may get more value out of something else.
  • After investigating an Xterra lease, I decided that the cost of leasing was too high. It made more sense to buy the vehicle than it did to lease it.

However, I did not want to buy a vehicle so instead I leased a different brand of car.

I went ahead and leased a Land Rover instead. I'm very happy with that decision, and it's a far better off-road vehicle than the X-Terra will ever be.
  • 07 xterra everything out the door $251/mo I think 39 month lease $1000 down and old car trade in. What do you think?

Thank you!!!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi jbs7. Nissan leases its vehicles through its captive finance company, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. I haven't heard anything bad about them. Nissan's lease program on the 2007 Xterra isn't bad right now. There's nothing wrong with leasing one through NMAC at this time. If you provide me with the MSRP and selling price of the exact truck that you are interested in (if $26,481 is the selling price then I just need the MSRP), I would be happy to tell you what I think of this deal. The MSRP will show me how much of a discount you are being given and it will enable me to use Nissan's current lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings just1baby. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Xterra that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are. Also make sure to mention how much you were given for your old vehicle as a trade-in allowance.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • smithjhsmithjh Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Could I please get residual value and money factor figures for a certified preowned 2006 offroad 4X4 in NC? The dealer has listed the truck at about $22K. What are your thoughts on leasing a used car? Is this a bonehead idea?

Thanks
    Hi smithjh. I do not personally keep tabs on the lease programs for used vehicles. I have found that manufacturers' used vehicle lease programs are usually not as attractive as their used vehicle programs and that the difference between leasing a CPO vehicle and a similar brand new one is often not as much as one would think. Make sure to compare the lease payment for the used Xterra that you are interested in to the payment for a similar new model before going with the used model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • steevosteevo Posts: 330
    Car_Man
    Could you post the MF and Residual for a 2007 versus a 2008 Xterra? If the models have diff numbers use the Xterra S. 36m/15000 miles . There is xtra cash back on 2007 but trying to see if higher residual of 2008 makes for a better deal...
    Thanks.
  • Hey steevo. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Xterra S 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00225 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 Xterra S 4WD are .00059 and 51%. Nissan is not currently providing cash incentives on leases of either of these trucks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I am looking at leasing an 08 Xterra, probably an SE RWD with airbag and tow package. I was looking at a Pathfinder...but don't think we need something that big just yet.
    I want to pay tax, title, tag, and at most another $1000 down to drive it away. I plan on using the internet and carsdirect to get a bunch of quotes.
    Edmonds lists MSRP at $28,640 and Invoice at $26,771.
    I think there's a $2500 incentive going on right now.
    I am just starting to begin the research and plan to buy next month. Can anyone provide the residual percentage for the Xterra I want and the current money factor (my wife and I have exceptional credit)? Trying to calculate my monthly payment, roughly.
    No one has posted on here in a while, anyone have any recent experience leasing one...prices/payments/ etc. Thanks in advance for any help. :D
    Hi ucfphi225. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Xterra SE 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00142 and 53%, respectively. Unfortunately, the $2,500 consumer cash incentive that you mentioned is not compatible with this special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • g17g17 Posts: 45
    Hi Car_man...

i was wondering if you could provide the financial numbers for an 08 Xterra.

Im looking at a loaded SE 4x4. Do you have the MF and res for this model for
    24 mo. 15k/yr
    36 mo. 15k/yr

Thanks in advance! :)
    Here you go, g17. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00069 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00069 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • what is the gooing leese rate on a 2008 exterra now or probbly bettor off byeing let me no marco
    Hi marco. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of an '08 Xterra is a very attractive .00050. This is equivalent to an interest rate of only 1.2%.

Car_man
    Host