Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Porsche Boxster Lease Questions

Comments

• Carman,

I was given a lease offer on a 2011 Boxster with the details below. Is this a fair deal, should I be running to the dealership?

MSRP: 58240
    Selling Price: 53240 ($5000 discount for "demo" car only 100 miles on it)

Terms: 24 months (I want a short lease)
    Total Money Down: $3000
    Total Monthly Payment with tax: $700.

10,000 miles per year.

Using the equations and current months factor payments come out to be a little more, but the residual the equation uses is just too low.

Im paying a total of $19,800. FPS says the car is worth 33,400 at the end of lease. Im not looking to buy it afterwards and the current price of a 2 year old Boxster is closer to 40,000. Thats a $6,600 gap. I know some ppl are able to get positive gaps not negative gaps. Is that possible with Porsche?
  • Hi tturedraider2. A $5,000 discount seems reasonable on this car. The payment that you were quoted looks good...for a zero down lease before tax. If the entire $3,000 that you mentioned putting down were to be applied as a capitalized cost reduction, it would drop this car's pre-tax payment to around $573.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Car_man,

What is Porsche Financial Services’ September buy rate lease money factor and residual percentage for a 36-month lease of a 2011 Porsche Boxster S (with PDK) with 12,000 miles per year?

Also, I am open to any lease terms that will yield the lowest possible drive-off and monthly payment for this car. Is it wiser to lease a 2012 model? Are shorter-term (i.e. 18-month) leases still available, and, if so, are they a better deal?
  • Here you go ihitcows. Porsche Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 911 Boxster S with PDK and 12,000 miles per year are .00118 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The lease program really isn't any better on the 2012 model so you're probably going to be better of going with the 2011 and the bigger discount that you are likely to get on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • I am on my fourth Boxster since 2001 and I'm still in love but I leased my last one and the return has turned into a nightmare! I was contacted by Porsche Financial Services 6 months before my lease was to end about getting out early. I bought another Boxster from The Collection in Coral Gables Florida 3 months early and they advised they would handle the return. Big Mistake! I got a bill for over $5,500 from PFS. They nitpicked me on everything! The front tires I understood but $3,500 for a small mark on drivers side of top. I had it in for top service at Naples FL Porsche and they repaired a cable and advised the top damage was normal wear and tear. How can I be charged for top damage on a top that is still under warranty? I live in Florida and my top goes down everyday. If it's normal wear I shouldn't be charged. If the top can't withstand use for 33 months it should be covered under warranty. Why does PFS treat loyal Porsche customers like this? I was just called and advised they will charge this off next week if not paid. Any advice on this would be appreciated. I'm considering letting them charge it off and they can come and get my current Boxster and I will switch to BMW. Any lawyers that will take my case? I'd rather give you the money than PFS! This is pretty long but I am fuming!
  • skobolaskobola Posts: 207
    edited December 2011
    Do not expect that BMW will be better. Although I do not have as negative experience as you do, I have found that once they find that they have you, they will not really do you any favors and/or deals. For example, I have been buying/leasing BMWs since 1990, and the further I go, less attentive and fair they are. Unfortunately, I have not found any alternative, except Mini, which is BMW as well... I have even considered a Porsche, but have never found it being able to match the offers by BMW, and therefore, I did not switch.
  • ifxgumsifxgums Posts: 5
    I was wondering if you could give me the updated money factors on a 2012 Boxster S black edition. Also, I don't know if Porsche has any special dealer incentives since the new edition is coming out soon. Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi ifxgums. I don't think that Porsche's lease program has changed in a while. According to the latest information that I have seen, Porsche Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Boxster S Black with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If I was in the market for a new Boxster I personally might be tempted to wait until April to get one. It's program might be better then.

Car_man
    Host
  • cotoca82cotoca82 Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

Do you happen to know the residual and MF on the new 2013 Boxster? I am looking for a 24-36 mo lease with 12K -15K miles per year on the base model.

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    I certainly do, cotoca82. According to the latest information that I have seen, Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 base Boxster with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00200 and 56%.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • scb911900scb911900 Posts: 3
    Looking at 2013 Boxster base, equipped with manual, infotainment w/Bose, biXenon headlamps & colored Porsche center crest..MSRP $ 57,925. What should I be paying (im assuming the 2013 models are selling at MSRP) and does anyone know if Porsche does a one pay lease? I would do 36 mos / 12k/yr. Any info would be helpful!
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    My dealer would discount a custom order 2013 Boxster by 5-6% without much haggling. Same for a 991 model 911. You could probably do better if you find a car you want in stock - and can wait a few months when convertible sales are really slow. Also, "Autobytel" advertises "up to 10% off" on the Boxster in their ads in the WSJ. Suspect this may be for a few overloaded cars that the dealers want to dump.

One suggestion: as a former 911S Cab owner, I STRONGLY recommend the sport chrono package. If you haven't driven cars with and without it, you need to. The "sport" setting with quicker throttle and braking response was a huge grin factor. I'd also order PASM, but if you are on a budget, that would be a second priority to sport-chrono. Not sure how options work on the Boxster, but if you can get Infotainment/Navigation without the Bose, save your money there. I had the $1,500 Bose package in my 911 and it was very moderately better than the base system and nowhere near worth the price.

Good luck.
  • can anyone comment on these numbers for a base 2013 boxster with each set having a few different options?

$55185 car: 48 months/10000 mpy $875.
    Finance: 48 X $1228, 60 X $1006, 72 X $858 with $7500 down. (PDK car)

Lease on the $51745 car: 48 months/10000 mpy $820.
    Finance: 48 X $1140, 60 X $935, 72 X $798 with $7500 down

Lease on the $51435 car: 48 months/10000 mpy $814
    Finance: 48 X $1133, 60 X $928, 72 X $792 with $7500 down

taxes are included in payment, and part of the 7500 down is taken out for initial costs (around $2500) ...this seems high to me...appreciate the input!!
  • Hello - anyone know the current buy rate on a 2013 Boxster S 3 year lease - top tier credit?

Thanks!
  • Here you go chriscsf. Porsche Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Boxster S with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey Car_man,

Do you know what the MF and residual would be for a 2013 Boxster with a 24 month ultra-low mile lease? Looking at either 7,500 or 5,000 miles per year. Also, can you give me the numbers for a Boxster S, as well?

Also, does Porsche offer any incentive for doing a single pay lease if I paid the entire lease up front in the first month's payment, such as a discounted MF?

Many thanks! Really appreciate it! :)
  • Do you know the MF and residual values for 2013 Boxster S for 36 months and 12,000 miles? Is Porsche offering a discounted rate for advance prepayment of the lease? Do Boxster sales slow in the fall/winter (Southern California). :) Many thanks.
  • Does anyone have recommendations of which dealer I should buy my 2013 Boxster from?
  • Hi rocketman2020. Porsche Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a base 2013 Boxster with 7,500 miles per year are .00200 and 67% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. I'm not sure if PFS offers leases with only 5,000 miles per year, but you can ask the dealer.

The money factor would be the same for the '13 Boxster S but the residual value would be 2% lower.

I'm sure that PFS offers a money factor reduction for one pay leases, but I haven't looked into this in a while so I don't know the exact amount.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi brownbody. Porsche Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Boxster S with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I'm sure that Boxster sales do slow down during the winter in areas that actually get cold, but you have beautiful weather in So Cal so I suspect that the affect is minimal in your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi there Car Man, would you please tell me the MF and residual for a Boxster S for January 2013. I was just quoted .0022 and 55%. Also, looking at a total price of $75,760 for a fairly loaded car. Any thoughts on how far I can negotiate that down. I was thinking of offering $72,000. Thanks for the help!
  • Does anyone happen to know the current PFS money factor, residuals, and incentives for leasing a Boxster or Boxster S for 3 year term with low miles (10K)? Thanks
  • Certainly swain88. Porsche Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Boxster S with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

As far as negotiating a good selling price goes, try shopping around if there is multiple dealers in your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi jonhelali. Please see my previous post for the Boxtster S numbers.

The money factor for the Boxster would be the same, but the residual value would be 2% higher.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, these cars' residual values would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello

I am looking to lease 2013 Boxtser S for 24 months and was trying to find out what the money factor and residual would be for 12K/Year and 15K/Year Mileage options.

Thanks for the information in advance.
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, chittus. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Boxster S with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease of this car with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 953
    wow...the residual is pretty low. The leasing company obviously doesn't think the boxter S holds it value well.
  • saeyedocsaeyedoc Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    Guy on another forum got these from a dealer yesterday, but didn't know if the MF had changed:

981 - 71% (15kmiles/year) 74%(10kmiles/year) - 2 year lease

Pretty good, but 911 C2 rates are 4% higher, making it close in monthly price even with a much more expensive MSRP.
  • Hi Carman. I.m new to these boards and have a couple of questions
    I.m looking at boxster and boxster s and want to decision within the next week so.
    If I order a new boxster or boxster s and delivery is close to 3 months from now as the dealer said how much in your past experience would the residual and $ factor change from now to may or June.
    I test drove some and I.d rather get a car with what I want in it however if there is a big change down in the residual I may di one off the lot.

By the way I will be doing a 24 or 27 month lease with 5,000 miles.

I appreciate any help . Thanks.
  • saeyedocsaeyedoc Posts: 6
    It's hard to predict. I ordered my 2012 Cayman S in March for July delivery. In that time, there were no changes in MF or residual. You can lock the rates in once it's on the boat, can only lock for 30 days.