Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Porsche Cayenne Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi verbow. If your credit is in good shape, the dealer is definitely marking up this Cayenne's money factor to add additional hidden, back-end profit to your deal. PFS' current buy rate for this model is definitely only .00220 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I'm not sure about the maximum residual amount for the Cayenne. To me it seems strange that PFS would cap it, given the a la carte menu of options that Porsche offers, but I suppose that it's possible.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • verbowverbow Posts: 6
    Thanks Car_man. Interesting. I called another dealer's financial manager and gave him no details about my first lease discussion. He quoted the exact same terms, including the 0.0226 money factor. Could it be different on the Cayenne and the Cayenne S? He also validated the $80,000 cap on residual value. Are these money factors published anywhere?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi verbow. The factors for the Cayenne and Cayenne S are the same. Porsche is not providing any lease support on either one right now. I don't believe that PFS' programs are published anywhere for the general public.

Car_man
    Host
  • Dear Car_man,

What is Porsche Financial Services’ September buy rate lease money factor and residual percentage for a 36-month lease of a 2011 Porsche Cayenne (with PDK) with 12,000 miles per year?

Also, I am open to any lease terms that will yield the lowest possible drive-off and monthly payment for this car. Is it wiser to lease a 2012 model? Are shorter-term (i.e. 18-month) leases still available, and, if so, are they a better deal?
  • Hi ihitcows. Porsche Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Porsche Cayenne with PDK and 12,000 miles per year are .00220 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

For some reason the 2012 model's lease program doesn't appear to be any better than the 2011 model's program so you might as go with the '11 and the likely larger dealer discount that you will be able to get on it.

Porsche was running some 18-month specials on the 911, Boxster, and Cayman, but I don't think that it had this program on the Cayenne.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car Guy,
    Can you help me with what the residual and money factor should be on a 2012 Cayenne v6 for a 36 month lease $0 down, 10,000 miles/year in los angeles? Also for a 48 month lease?

Thanks so much
  • Great name lacargirl :). I'd be happy to help you out. Porsche Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2012 Cayenne V6 with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00200 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
  • eaw801eaw801 Posts: 21
    edited November 2011
    Hello car man,
    I am about to lease a 2011 Cayenne S? The original MSRP was app $82,000.00. It has 4,000 miles on it and price has been reduced to $75,400.00 The lease would be 3 year/12,000 miles. What is the MF on this? The residual? Dealer stated that since car has not changed, the residual is basically the same. My spouse wants to put in enough upfront money to keep the monthly payments closer to $900 than to $1100. My spouse thinks negotiated price is great and is tempted to buy it over 60 months. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Hi eaw801. Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 Cayenne S with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Dear Car_man,

What is Porsche Financial Services’ September buy rate lease money factor and residual percentage for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic with 12,000 miles per year?
  • *December

not "September"...
  • I know how you feel, ihitcows. I can't believe that it's December already either :).

Porsche Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cayenne Tiptronic with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

In case you're interested, I've heard that Cayennes are in fairly short supply right now and that dealers aren't haggling much on them.

Car_man
    Host
  • Sup, Car_man?

Well, haven't pulled the trigger yet, so I was wondering:

Have Porsche Financial Services’ buy rate lease money factor and residual percentage for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic with 12,000 miles per year changed since last month?

And, you're very right. They're not budging.

Thanks a bunch.
  • Dear Car_man,

My local Houston dealer is quoting me a Porsche Finance lease payment of $1,040 per month on a 3yr 15K miles/yr. The lease payment includes Texas sales tax at 6.25%, $500 dealer services fees, $850 acquisition fees. Residual value of 54%.
    The money factor used is apparently 0.0028.
    Does this sound right to you? The Cayenne is the only one available for modification and delivery in early May 2012 (according to their allocation). Is this why they are pushing the money factor so high? I have perfect credit with 2 BMW leases under my belt since 2006 (never late on a single payment which were on average $800/month).
    The dealer is telling me his cost on the lease is based on a MF of 0.00208, and that he cannot go below a MF of 0.0028. I want him to reduce the MF to 0.0025 so my lease payment would be $1,000 or so and I will feel better about the 3 year deal.

Please advise! Thanks in advance!
  • Hey ihitcows. Yeah, unfortunately the supply of Cayennes appears to be very tight in the United States right now. I hear that they are selling them all overseas.

According to the latest information that I have seen, Porsche Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cayenne Tiptronic with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi including. While the market for the Cayenne is tight right now, if possible I would try to avoid having the dealer mark up my vehicle's money factor if I was interested in getting one right now. That's what appears to be happening with this offer. Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for the 2012 Cayenne is only .00200 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. If your credit is in good shape, try to get the dealer to use that factor to calculate your payment.

The other important, negotiable factor of this deal is the truck's selling price. You never mentioned what that is. I doubt that the dealer will be willing to provide you with much of a discount on a Cayenne right now, but you still should find out what you are being charged for the vehicle that you want.

Car_man
    Host
  • sjl225sjl225 Posts: 18
    edited February 2012
    Hello Car_man
    Can you kindly provide me Porsche's current lease M.F.'s and residuals for 24...36...48 months...12k miles p/y for both the Cayenne S & Cayenne S Hybrid?
    Thank you for your help!
  • Here's the information that you're looking for sjl225. Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Cayenne S with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for 36- and 48-month leases of this truck are .00200 / 52% and .00200 / 45%.

The numbers for the 2012 Cayenne S Hybrid are .00200 / 58%, .00200 / 51% and .00200 / 44%.

Car_man
    Host
  • sjl225sjl225 Posts: 18
    Thanks so much!
    I can't tell you how appreciative I am of your help.
    I've been told that Porsche Financial now caps the lease residuals to the manufacturers list of 81k and 85k dollars for the Cayennes S and S Hybrid respectively. Is that the case?

Thanks again
  • You're very welcome sjl225. I haven't heard the specific limits, but it is very possible that PFS places a cap on the maximum amount that it will allow to be residualized on a lease. It makes sense on a vehicle like a Porsche with such a huge list of possible options.

Car_man
    Host