Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Porsche Cayenne Lease Questions

Comments

• Thanks Car man!
  • Hi Carman,

Stumbled on your forum while researching on Automobile leasing. I haven't done car leasing and I am thinking of leasing the new 2008 Cayenne and just wondering what's a good deal out there for this model on a 13K miles on a 4yr lease.

Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks,
  • Carman:

I know the '08 hits dealers on March 3rd. Can you please post the lease rates for this car as soon as you get them?

I am interested in any lease that has a decent program, although I am aware that Porsche rarely has lease support. Ideal would be 36-48 month lease. Interested in Cayenne V6 Tiptronic.
  • joeadpjoeadp Posts: 68
    Cayenne V6 MSRP of 52k the lease for 36 months 12 miles with no money down was estimated at $900 per month. The sales guy said he was disappointed their was no support from Porshe.

Looks like you are better off buying this truck.
  • Carman:

I interested in leasing the 08 Cayenne V6 Tiptronic within these next two months and i'm wondering what the current numbers would be. This is my first time leasing so i'm trying to get as much info. as i can. I would be interested in either a 36 or 48 month lease. I would want to put as little down as possible...thanks for your help!
  • waleaserwaleaser Posts: 1
    Today, I was quoted $925/month, 15K MI, 36 months with tax on above vehicle with tiptronic and navigation. RE Value of 58% MSRP $56,700. I've not gotten a selling(negotiated) price yet. I'm putting 10K down btw, salesperson told me $4K would be out of pocket costs for me.

Is this a good deal? I don't know what the MF is on the subject vehicle.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome, monkeyshift.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome teatro. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

I would be happy to give you an idea of how much the Cayenne that you are interested in would cost to lease, but in order for me to do so I need you to give me an idea of what its MSRP and selling price are. Always remember that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. While I doubt that dealers are providing significant discounts on the new 2008 Cayenne, you still need to know how much you are paying for it. Let me know what these numbers are and I will gladly tell you what I think of the deal that you are getting use Porsche Credit's current lease program to estimate this truck's monthly payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi scpete. I've heard that the 2008 Cayenne is amazing. It handles much better than the 2006 model and the V6 engine, which was previously a little underpowered, is much more powerful. You're right, Porsche never provides lease support on its vehicles and it rarely provides dealer cash. If you were to lease this truck through Porsche Credit right now for 36 months, you would have to use its standard lease money factor of .00310. Its 48 month buy rate is .00320. Porsche Credit's 36 and 48 month, 15,000 mile per year residual values for the 2007 Cayenne V6 with Tiptronic are 58% and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello alchemist25. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Here's what Porsche Credit's current lease program for the truck that you are interested in is currently like. If you were to lease a 2008 Porsche Cayenne V6 Tiptronic through Porsche Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00310 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00320 and 50%.

Good luck in your quest for a redesigned Cayenne, it's a nice truck. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi waleaser. You never mentioned the selling price of the Cayenne that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

For now I can tell you that you shouldn't make such a large down payment when leasing. Consumers who make large capitalized cost reductions on leased vehicles risk losing them if their car or truck is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You would be better off not making any cap cost reduction on your lease, even though it means that you will have a little higher monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • does anybody know if the Porsche Options financing has a catch to it because it comes out to about $100 less than a lease a month and im not sure if thats possible. aside from a larger residual and the $350 disposition fee, is there anything else as long as the car is returned?????
  • Hi Car_man, I've narrowed down my search to either an Cayenne S or 2007 X.5 4.8. Any help is appreciated.

Can you share with me the Porsche money factor and residual rates for the Cayenne (S 2008)? I'm looking at a 36 or 39 month lease max with minimal money down (maybe tags/fees), 10K or 12K mileage. What other fees (besides taxes tags) does the dealer have to charge me?
  • 5speed55speed5 Posts: 31
    I know this forum is more for leasing, but there seems to be a lack of responses in the others.

I looked at a (new w/55 miles on the odo.)'06 Cayenne S Titanium yesterday. The sticker was $66,345 with dest. charge.(East Coast Tri-State area). The salesman said the purchase deal should be around invoice less around $4k, or somewhere around $10K off sticker. How does that sound? I'm thinking once it is a model year old, it should drop in value a bit more than that.

Thanks in advance.
  • jrikerjriker Posts: 1
    Just leased a new '06 Cayenne V6 for $13,000 below sticker (originally $58,000). Dealers are trying hard to clear their '06 inventory, so you should be able to get a deal--aim low!
  • bornoborno Posts: 77
    saw turbo s listed for 119K, asking 95k, some 24k off sticker, titaniums were 10k-11k off sticker, probably could do a little better. I really like the new engines in the 08, so I'll probably wait a year or two for a used one, or may consider the Q7. currently drive a 00 A6 2.7T w/6spd, + a 01 M3 conv., love the two but may need a tow vehicle for boat, crazy, but would have to sell both vehicles and add $$ to "upgrade"., so for now I'm happy, except when I see the new cayennes, while picking up parts for my audi(most recently front pads and discs.
  • Where are you located? I live in the Los Angeles area, and am hoping to find discounts like that.
  • alexliualexliu Posts: 5
    JUST GET A QUOTE FROM DEALER,2008 CAYENNE S,MSRP $71,180
    36 MONTH LEASE TERM WITH $2,000 DRIVE -OFF 10K MILES/YEAR $1,254+TAX MFC 0.00370 RESIDUAL 58%.YOU CAN DRIVE A S550(MSRP $87,550) WITH THAT PAYMENT.
  • ms09ms09 Posts: 112
    well a porsche is a porsche and a mercedes is a well merc, whatever u like more take that, i think the merc is a more luxury car , porsche doesn't have a lot of experience to make a 4by4 wheel drive or cars, and as mercedes its been here since a long long time...
  • vwguild1vwguild1 Posts: 98
    The world's first All Wheel Drive vehicle was engineered by Ferdinand Porsche in 1900.