Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Porsche Cayenne Lease Questions

Comments

• ms09ms09 Posts: 112
    Is this true,

CL 63 AMG boasts the most powerful naturally aspirated V8 engine in the world.???

I dont know much in details about car engine, can any1 tell me whats the difference between the naturally aspired and the twin turbo??? i know the twin turbo engines are fast but what else is the difference, i wanna to know in detail.
  • oiakouoiakou Posts: 18
    Good one, ms9 :)

"naturally aspirated" = Regular. Nothing special. Just a huge V8.
  • bornoborno Posts: 77
    I'm in the Boston area, specificaly IRA Porsche in Danvers, MA...good luck
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi enthusiast7. As usual, Porsche is not providing any lease support on the Cayenne. Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Cayenne S with 12,000 miles per year are .00310 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00310 and 56%. If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year these residual values would be 1% higher. At lease signing you will have to pay your truck's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment, Porsche Credit's $745 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi 5speed5. Earlier this year, Porsche provided its dealers with $4,000 dealer cash for every leftover 2006 Cayenne S that they had in inventory. That's why you are able to get this truck for $4,000 under invoice. If the dealer that you are working with is getting desperate to unload its remaining 2006 model or models you may be able to shave a little more off of this price, but it's not terrible. Work on them and see how much lower they will go, you don't have anything to lose other than the risk that they will sell the truck that you want to someone else.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • donkey1217donkey1217 Posts: 5
    Does any one have the new MF and Residuals for May. Did the rates get any better because last month the MF wasn't great. Thanks
  • can some1 plese explain how the porsche options lease program works and if there is a catch to it. i need 2 kno this information very badly. if u dont know anything about it do ukno if there is anywhere i can look for it?
  • dc661dc661 Posts: 71
    its explained on the porsche website. It appears to be similar to a standard lease with a few extra end of lease options. here's the link
    Porsche
  • sprng73sprng73 Posts: 2
    Hello,

Does anyone know the current money factor and residual for a 2008 cayenne S 48 month lease (tier 1 credit)?

Thanks in advance..
    Hi donkey1217. The 36 month buy rate lease money factor for a lease of any 2008 Cayenne through Porsche Credit is currently .00310 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. This truck's residual values vary by term, mileage allowance, and trim level. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease of a 2008 Porsche Cayenne S with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Porsche Credit's current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual for the 2007 Cayenne S is 56%. Its 12,000 mile per year residual value is 2% higher than this and its 10,000 mile per resid is 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi whatsthecatch. I believe that "Porsche Options" is the name for Porsche Credit's balloon note program. Balloon notes are very similar to lease in that they provide consumers with low monthly payments and the option to purchase their vehicle at the end of a certain period of time for a specific price. The main difference between balloon notes and leases is that with balloon notes the consumer's name is on the vehicle's title, while with leases the bank's name is. Balloon notes are much less popular than traditional leases. The really only seem to be used in areas like Texas and Chicago that have strange sales tax rules that make them more attractive than leases. If you are not in an area where there is a tax advantage to going with a balloon note, you are probably better off just going with a normal lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here is the information that you're looking for, sprng73. Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2008 Porsche Cayenne S with 15,000 miles per year are .00320 and interestingly 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. If you lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this truck's residual would be 2% higher. If you lease with 10,000 miles per year, it would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • sprng73sprng73 Posts: 2
    Thank you carman,

I hope you can help me a little further with the lease calculation based on the information you gave me. (2008 cayenne s)

msrp: 64000
    negotiated price: 4000
    down payment : 3000
    net cap cost : 57000 ?

48 month, 12,000 mile

would $804 be my average monthly payment before sales tax considering 50% res, 12000 miles, .0032 MF, 48 months ?

Thanks in advance :shades:
  • einbayereinbayer Posts: 4
    i am looking at a 2006 S, msrp 66640 they're asking 57640.
    what is the MF for this car, 12000, 36 months?
    also, does porsche do multiple sec deposits to lower the MF?
    i am in california.

thanks for your help.
    Hi sprng73. I see that you are considering making a $3,000 capitalized cost reduction on the Cayenne that you are interested in leasing. I always advise consumers against making large down payments on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing part or even all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You would be better off going with a zero down lease. Let's work up sample lease payments on this truck both ways for you and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Porsche Cayenne S that has an MSRP of $64,000 and a selling price of $57,000 through Porsche Credit right now for 48 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $806. A $3,000 capitalized cost reduction would lower the payment for an otherwise identical lease to around $734.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi einbayer. Unfortunately, I do not believe that Porsche Credit is offering leases on 2006 models any longer. If this is indeed the case, you would have to go through an independent bank to lease an '06 Cayenne.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • vwguild1vwguild1 Posts: 98
    Car_Man...Your belief is correct...Not PFS or US Bank...
    Thanks for the confirmation, vwguild1.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jfertljfertl Posts: 8
    Please comment on this offer: 2007 Cayenne S MSRP $68,455, cap cost $62,204(includes acquisition fee), no money down, 36 months,15,000 miles and driveoff of first payment and registration. Monthly payment $971 plus tax. Thanks.
  • davidc1davidc1 Posts: 167
    Do you mean 2006 or 2008? If it's for 2008, that sounds good.