Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saab 9-3 Lease Questions

Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Saab 9-3. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• Maybe I'm out of it but the lease ads for the 2006 9-3 2T sedan are horrible. Saab cut prices and added additonal std features that were options on '05's but did this come at the cost of no more good lease deals. The MSRP for the 06 w/ automatic is $27,970 ...3K at inception, $299mth for 24 mths. The residual pay off is $20,138 that is a RV of 71%...Saab RV after 24 mths is traditionally at 57% so it should be around $15,940 RV. I guess Saab lost around 200 million last year but poor marketing deals isn't going to expand the niche market that Saab has created over the years.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,398
    High residuals make for low lease payments...

If the residual were 57% for 24 months, the lease payment would be over $170/mo. higher...

The higher the residual, the lower the lease payment, all other factors being equal..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host--Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I understand that high RV lowers the lease payment but the RV also must be realistic of what the car is actually worth after 24mths. A good lease deal is a balance between a high but realistic RV, discounting or rebate or lease support and the money factor. All last year Saab 9-3's with MSRP $27,500 had lease payments advertised around $250 with 3K at inception over 24mths. So it seems Saab is elimintating lease support and incentives for the time being and inflating the RV. Anyway you cut it the current ad is a bad deal!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,398
    Well... I hate to disagree...... But, you don't want a realistic residual.. As the consumer, you want an unrealistically high residual..... Unless you are planning to buy the car at lease-end, a lower residual will do you no good at all...

But, the deal may not be as good as last year... Short-term interest rates have been rising steadily over the last year, and it is starting to have an effect on money factors... So, the incentives are still there.. but, the cost of borrowing money has gone up..

Another point: Residuals are always strongest at the beginning of the model year.. and tend to go down gradually throughout the year.. Usually, incentives will be increased via lower money factors or dealer cash/rebates as this happens, to keep lease payments affordable...

And... when the new model year starts, many cars are more expensive than the models they are replacing... Once new car fever subsides, you may see lower payments...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host--Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I'm looking for the September MF and Residuals for a 2006 9-3 2.0T Sedan, based on 36 months at 12k mi/yr. Thanks for the any info you have.
  • Does Saab offer zero down leases? Do all manfacturers do this in general? I am getting a car allowance in my new position so I would like a zero down lease for 24 months on something nice, $400-$500 per month is my target I have a 2002 Civic with $4,000 equity and I would like to hold onto the cash and sell the car myself! I like the 9-3 Sedan with an AT.
    Thanks!
  • Hi Car_man,

I am looking to lease a 2006 Saab 9-3, MSRP 30270, Selling price 27454 (GM employee price), 24 months, 12k mi per year. Can you calculate the money factor, residual, and monthly payment for both 24 months and 36 months? Saab has a national advertised rate of 299/month plus 2999 down, but It isn't clear to me how much of that is acquisition cost and fees versus cap cost reduction. I also want to avoid paying money up front as you suggest. Thanks for the help!
  • Hi jeffsauls. Here's the information that you are looking for. If you were to lease a 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T Sedan through Saab Financial Services Corp. right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00181 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello paathiker. All manufacturers offer zero down leases. Consumers can and always should lease any vehicle that they are interested in without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your vehicle would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put several thousand dollars down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all. At lease signing, consumers are typically required to pay their vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment, the acquisition fee being charged by the bank that they are leasing through, and any required state taxes or fees. You absolutely should sell your Civic on your own.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi tasha789. If you were to lease a 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T Sport Sedan through Saab Financial Services Corp. right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00179 and 72%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00181 and 60%. With any lease through SFSC, you would have to pay your vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to your car's payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, a $595 acquisition fee (this is higher in some states), and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
  • jpappasjpappas Posts: 16
    Car_Man

Can you provide me current money factor and residuals for 2006 9-3 with terms of 24 and 36 months with 15K mileage.

thanks

Jason
  • Hi car man,

What are the October lease money factor and residual value numbers for the 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T Sedan for the following terms? 36 months with 12,000 miles per year; and 48 months, with 12,000 mi per year?

Also, does it appear that Saab is just pushing purchases right now (is there just way better support for purchase financing than for leasing)?

Thanks again,

Ben
  • Here you go Jason. If you were to lease a 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T Sedan through Saab Financial Services Corp. for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00179 and 71%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00181 and 59%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings Ben. If you were to lease a 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T Sedan through SFSC for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00181 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease should be .00181 and 45%. This lease is the only special program that is available on the '06 9-3 right now. Saab is not currently providing any sort of cash incentives or special financing rates on this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • jpappasjpappas Posts: 16
    Great info...thanks!!
  • Car Man.

Can you tell me the money factor and RV on the new '06 Saab Aero convertibles, based on a 24, 30 or 36 month lease with 15K/miles a year?

thanks
  • 2006 aero convertible 500or less lease price no money down or im walking to the next brand of automobile :D is this possible in northern illinois around chicago. GM is hurting if they want to deal im ready to make the offer. ;)
  • saablcpsaablcp Posts: 195
    Realistic? There are NO,I repeat NO ! ,$40,000+ European convertibles that will lease for that price with no money down .Your perception of SAAB/GM'S "hurt"
    will not change that reality.My calculations put a 48month /10k per/yr lease on an Aero man.trans.with NO options and at dealer invoice at more than $ 560.00 plus usage taxes.So I respectfully suggest you raise your budget or lower your category of car accordingly.A Chrysler Sebring,perhaps?
  • I got a quote below 500 this is a saab not a rolls royce,as they gather dust its either deal or watch the snow accumulate on the convertible roofs. :) 500 all i will go ,never seen a aero no options pretty much all standard equipment
    Post the details then ...I categorically state that CANNOT be legitimate! As I said..post the details ,M.S.R.P.,cap cost,miles allowed etc,etc. You MIGHT have been low-balled but you will NOT take delivery on an '06 Aero conv. for below $500 with no cap cost reduction.F.Y.I.: Saabs Nov. nationally advertised lease ad is for a 2.0-T Conv.@ $469 + TAX .This requires a CUSTOMER cap cost reduction of $1,431.00 PLUS bank fee,taxes and tags.The M.S.R.P. is $4,730.less than a comparably equipped Aero,which also carries a 1 pt. lower resid.value. Post the details and prove me wrong.
  • Does anyone have the money factor and residuals for a 9-3 Aero Sedan? Possibly both 24 and 36 mth.
  • You're very welcome jpappas.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the info that you're looking for, mikec12. If you were to lease a 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero Convertible through Saab Financial Services Corp. in November for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00264 and 72%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 30 month lease should be .00264 and 66%. the numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00264 and 61%. When negotiating your lease on this car, keep in mind that Saab is currently providing $500 bonus cash on it. This money will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi tlabrie. If you were to lease a 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero Sedan through Saab Financial Service Corp.'s new November lease program for 24 months with 15,000 miles per, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00164 and 67%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease of this car should be .00164 and 54%. As I mentioned in the previous post, when negotiating your lease on this car, keep in mind that Saab is currently providing $500 bonus cash on it. This money will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi CarMan- I am interested in a '06 2.0 Sport Combi. I specified a : Manual , moonroof, premium sound, roof rack with metallic paint and was quoted $28,970 plus "fees".
    I am trying to determine lease or buy.I noted your point about losing out on a high lease downpayment if there is a serious accident, however, I can put $2500-$3000 down and thus have a much more manageable monthly lease payment. If I like the car, I would definitely consider purchasing it at lease end. This is my current line of thinking, however I am game for and appreciate any advice!
    Questions: Do you know the buyrate lease money factor and the RV for this car?
    Any advice as to lease vs buy?
    The parameters I am looking for are 36 mo/12,000 or 15,000 miles annually.
    Any other advice is also much appreciated.
    Thanks
  • thanks car_man.
  • You obviously sell saabs,as in poker you dont see my hand.Less they sit on the lot or a deal is made at a fair price. The only number that matters is what i pay in the end. Open your eyes read the paper hows g.m. or ford doing these days. Someone going to pay the light bill.Negotiate or move on down to the next luxury model but maybe ill wave out the window with a new saab to you. :) Move them or brush the snow off
  • Here's what I'm being told by my dealer. They want to charge me a money factor of .00319, not .00264, which allows the dealer to make some profit on the financing. When I told them that on a 36 month deal that amounts to $1,400 additional, they told me they only get 40% of that, and the rest goes to Saab. Huh? Does this sound legitimate?

They offered 6.25 on 60 month straight financing. The payment would be about $150 more per month, but at the end of 36months, the car loan would be about 60% amortized, vs. a 62% residual on the 36 month lease. In other words, if I wanted to buy the vehicle at the end of 36 month lease, I would need to pay about $28K. Although my payments were $150 more per month, on the loan, I would only OWE about $16K. It would seem to be a much better deal to buy it.

Also, they were giving me some small discount, but the line is that the pricing is pretty much fixed. Is there any truth to this?

Thanks,
    As I said ....post the details of the "DEAL " you said you were offered rather than making general statements about the corporate state of G.M.,the cost of utilities and weather forecasts. POST YOUR NUMBERS! I gave you specifics on why it can't be done.Poker analogy? Ok! I call your "bet"...... lets see your cards (the numbers.)
  • schoupschoup Posts: 22
    Essentially the dealer is taking you for a ride. The $1,400 is all dealer profit on that lease. The interest rate on 60 month buy is higher than you could get getting your own financing. Saab dealers right now have no desire to negotiate...they have this attitude that some how Saab has instantaneously has some pedigree that they can sell at almost MSRP..(I told them you are not BMW)....they want to bring up how Saab lowered pricing on 06's...just because the MSRP is less doesn't mean consumers are going to buy at prices close to MSRP so they can make huge profits per sale without even including financing profit. My local dealer quoted me at $400 under MSRP on a 9-3 2.0T in early october ans was unwilling to move. I told them contact when you serious about selling cars. I hope they have hired alot of help to move snow off that inventory this winter. Saab dealers current policy appears to be not to try to make profit on volume but to make larger profit per sale. I am going to wait it out because incentives/rebates will becoming from GM corporate since sales are way down.
This discussion has been closed.