Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saab 9-3 Lease Questions

Comments

• rjdayrjday Posts: 4
    OPPS! I looked at the wrong price I was quoted. He said I would lose the $1500 rebate if I lease so the final cost would be $41,782 (MSRP 43,380) Soory for the confusion!
  • sdoo25sdoo25 Posts: 25
    Thanks Car Man.
  • sdoo25sdoo25 Posts: 25
    Hi Car Man. Thanks for the previous info on the 2.0T sedan. I was wondering what the MF and residuals for the sportcombi were with 12k and 15k miles per year, 24 and 36 months. Thanks.
  • Hi Car Man. I read 10 steps to leasing a car. thanks for the link. So here's where I'm at. MSRP of $30,095 and with Saab's posted Spring special they want $299/27month term with $2,999 due at lease inception (includes down pmt., acq. fee & first mo. pmt.)My question is, Is this a good deal? I know you say no down payment but I'm feeling that they are going laugh me out of the building and jack up the monthly payment. Any advice is appreciated.

Note: I tried at a different dealer to get an Anniv. ed.(31,920 MSRP) but they wouldn't go lower the 380 month with 4000 down. So now I'm trying to get a basic model to keep the payments near $300 month. Thanks again for a great forum

One last question:
    Can you lease cars from a dealer in a different state than I live in?

Stone
  • Hi car_man, could you post the same information for the 2.0T SportCombi?

27 month lease
    36 month lease
    39 month lease

15,000 miles per year

rates and residuals offered by SFSC. Thanks in advance!
  • k9profk9prof Posts: 1
    Hey,
    First time leasing. I just left the dealership and wanted to see if they are giving me a good deal. the MSRP was 28,464 and the selling price was 24,600. With a 27 month lease and $1000 out the door (acquisition, 1st mo., dmv) and 15,000 mi/yr. the payment was $374/mo.

Also, they mentioned a safety lease ins of roughly $15/mo. additional. The salesman said this covers anything wrong with the car when returning ie. tires, brake rotors, door dings.

Thanks for the help.
  • itismeitisme Posts: 1
    Just leased a 9-3. Auto. was the only option (got black, who pays $550 for paint?)

Got $310 a month for 27 and $2,400 down (includes sec., $500 cost cap., $800 in taxes, first month and acq.)

Hope this helps your haggling.
  • You could have done a little better - I got a 9-3 with Sunroof and Metallic paint for $326 per month 27 months - only $700 down (which was 1st month and DMV)However, I was returning leasee, so I received $500 loyalty credit.
  • bobbyabobbya Posts: 3
    How are you guys getting these deals? I've been getting crazy quotes over the phone and these dealers are impossible to deal with...

One tells me 320/month 3500 down?!! for a base model

another tells me 2000 down 400/month!?!

One lady tells me the residual for 36 month lease is 59% and 27 month its 71% the 59% didn't make sense to me...

How the heck do I get a deal for 326 a month only 700 down like crzycool22?

I'm running my own numbers and am looking at the following ...

MSRP (base model 2.0 w/auto trans..thats it)

63% residual for 36 months

Figure I can get a fair sale price of..

which gives me a monthly dep payment of

lease rate 3.35 or .0014

money factor payment portion

Bottom line lease payment

6% pennsylvania sales tax (confused on this, do I multiply .06 * bottom line lease payment.. or do I take the negotiated sales price, multipy by .06 and divide by 36?

19.70 or 45.66 ????

Final cost per month with no cap contribution

348 or 373

which leaves me to put down what? first month, security, what else?

What do you guys think of my numbers.. what am I doing wrong.. how do I improve on this.

Help!!
  • bobbyabobbya Posts: 3
    also, the 3K cash incentive has nothing to do with the lease right? This is only for purchase I assume..
  • saablcpsaablcp Posts: 195
    Your residual value is off by 6%,base residual for 36 months is 57%.This puts your dep.payment @$312.32,interest payment@$60.98.total payment,pretax= $373.70x9%= $406.90(Leases in Pa.are taxed at 9%on base monthly payment,10% if you reside in Philadelphia county or any zip code beginning with 191 prefix)
  • jefhackjefhack Posts: 20
    Can anyone share the current lease rates and residuals for a 9-3 2.0T on 10K miles/year?

Thanks!
  • (~32,000 MSRP) $360 a month without any Cap cost redu is fair... obviously you have to pay TTL+
  • rhauer1rhauer1 Posts: 1
    Does anybody have an opinion on:

Anniversary, with roof and cold package. I think MSRP is about $31,920. 27 months, 18k miles, $1500 cash back to me, $499 a month.
  • lednameledname Posts: 23
    I will be trying to do a lease that has 22K miles per year in it. When doing the computations, where does the additional cost for the mileage go in the equation?

I'm thinking about a 36 month lease of a 2.0T, manual, Premium (17"), Cold, Moonroof, metallic paint. Invoice is $29,495. So...I'm thinking:

Sell Price: $29,800
    Cap Cost: $29,800
    Res Value (63%) $18,774
    MF .00140
    Payment (incl 6% tax)$415

Where does the additional cost for the mileage (.15/mile???) $3150 get factored?

Also...does it sound like an acceptable deal? Should I be able to do better in CT?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome, rjday. Are we talking about the same car? A 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T equipped as you stated only has an MSRP of around $31,000, not $41,000. Did you mean $31,xxx or are you talking about a Saab 9-5?

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    No problem, sdoo25.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey sdoo25. Saab Financial Services' current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Saab 9-3 SportCombi 2.0T with 15,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 69%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 3.5% and 56%. If you were to lease this car with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 1% higher for the 24 month term and 2% higher for the 36 month term. As you can see, Saab publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're welcome Stone. Taking a look at the selling price of the car that you want is probably the best way to tell how good a deal you are getting on it. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash or financing. The lower your car's selling price is, the lower its lease payment will be. Shop around for the lowest possible selling price on the 9-3 that you want. You should be able to get one for pretty close to dealer invoice if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition. Once you have a price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer that you are working with use Saab Financial Services' base lease rate to calculate your monthly payment.

You do not have to lease your vehicle from a dealer in your home state, but you cannot avoid paying your home state's sales tax rate on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the info that you're interested in, sidehatch. SFSC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T SportCombi with 15,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 68%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 3.5% and 56%. The numbers for a 39 month lease of this vehicle are 3.5% and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome k9prof. Even though it is your first time leasing, you are off to a good start. You were smart to find out the selling price of the car that you want. The price that you were quoted looks good to me. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Saab's Financial Services Corp.'s base lease rate of 3.35% for this model to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're right, bobbya. The $3,000 customer cash that Saab is currently providing on the 2007 9-3 is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the info that you're looking for, jefhack. This car's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease. Let me know if you want something different. Saab Financial Services' current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are 3.35% and 61%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi rhauer1. What is this car's selling price? this is a very important number for you to find out. Without it, it is difficult to tell how much of a discount you are being given on the 9-3 that you want and if there is more room left to negotiate. Let me know what this number is and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • dino001dino001 Tampa, FLPosts: 3,486
    Does anyobody know if those customer cash rebates are available for a lease with a bank other than mfrs. captive company (say leasecompare.com or similar), or do they have to be used in purchases, period? Just curious...

2012 BMW 328i wagon, manual and sports package. No. sold in the US: 1. Probably.

• saablcpsaablcp Posts: 195
    First things first....the residual pct. of 63% you quote is for 30 months NOT 36.The current resid.pct.for 15k./36 mos.is 57%.Now to answer your question: Calculate the 15k./yr residual,take 21,000 add'l. miles X's.15....subtract that number($3,150)from the 15k.residual value previously calculated.Re-calculate your lease with the lower residual value.REMEMBER:residual value's are a pct. of the cars M.S.R.P.,NOT calculated on the capitalized cost!
  • rjdayrjday Posts: 4
    Thanks again for getting back to me. The car is the 9-3 2.OT Convertible (not the Aero)from Akron Ohio.
  • lednameledname Posts: 23
    Thanks for the info...very helpful.
  • jefhackjefhack Posts: 20
    How do these rates look for the 9-3 2.0t convertible? 36 months, 10K miles.
  • fubar32fubar32 Posts: 1
    How does the GM Supplier Discount and cash allowance figure into the lease amounts? For example, in the Northeast, there's a $3000 cash allowance. How does that work into the leasing figures?

Based on supplier pricing, what should be the lease payments on a 2007 2.0T with auto and cold weather package, 36 months, 12K miles, $1000 down? What would the residuals be?

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.