Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saab 9-3 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi edmundhere. Saab publishes lease rates for its vehicles instead of the money factors that most banks use. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. Its current base lease rate and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2006 9-3 2.0T Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are 6.34% and 72%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '06 9-3 Aero Convertible are 6.34% and 71%. You're right, this lease rate is not very good. The rate for all other terms is the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Here is the quote I got for 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T automatic with cold weather package. 7 spoke weels and Moon Roof
    MSRP $30960
    Selling price : $28560
    $0 Down
    $424/ Month Including taxes for 39 months Lease for 12000 Miles.
    Let me know if this is a good deal.

Thanks
  • I am looking at this offer:

http://www.suburbansaab.com/Specials-New.aspx

for the 9-3 2.0T Aero, which is $240 a month with $1999 down and saab loyalty. This is for GMS (employee discount) eligable people only.

My question: Is this a fair price for a lease. I have strong credit and do not want to put any money down, I was going to roll the $1999 and $1000 (loyalty) into the payment. So I figured the payment would be about $355 plus tax, is this correct?

Do anyone know how much money will be added each month by going from a 10k to 12k and from a 12k to 15k lease over 27 months?

Note: I spoke with the dealer. The $1999 down includes destination and first payment. So rolling hte $1999 plus the $1000 owner loyalty would be a "sign and drive" minus up-front costs (plate, title, etc).

I was also quoted miles at .20 a mile upfront. So 12K a year is 4000 miles over 27 months, or $800.

Thank you!
  • I was told by my dealer that anyone can use the GMS discount as long as they receive a code from a GM employee. This is different from the past where you needed to be related to a GM employee, and this offer is unlimited. It doesn't cost the employee anything, but it saves me alot.

Does anyone have the ability to provide me with a GMS code?

Thanks for the help.
  • I am getting this from my brother, who said that he only has a limited number and can only give them to family, including brothers/sisters, childern, parents and grandparents of the employee.

Sorry!

Kevin
  • I am getting the code from my Friend, He is a very close friend of mine and not related to me or my family. they can get only two codes per month.My above numbers are for 0 Down all I am paying is first months payment and $305 for title registration. Just an update that I missed the premium package in the above list I posted. SO its all available options except the Navigation package. $425/ month Out of door. 0 Down. 12k miles per year and its 39 months lease
  • I was able to visit a different dealer this evening and locked in on the deal I will be taking.

Aero 9-3 with Auto and Cold Weather Package:

MSRP $34,520

27 month 12,000/miles year lease for $369 a month (including tax, 6% in Michigan). Total due at signing is first month payment, $124.50 in taxes (on $2,000 rebate), title $23 and doc fee of $75. So $591.50 due.

Second option:

27 month 15,000/miles year lease for $381 a month (including tax, 6% in Michigan). Total due at signing is first month payment, $124.50 in taxes (on $2,000 rebate), title $23 and doc fee of $75. So $603.50 due.

Because I had another GM lease, I will not have to pay a security deposit.

The residuals were .67 on the 12k lease and .66 on the 15K lease with a 3.94 rate and $2000 back on Aero, plus the GMS (Employee pricing) discount. I think this is a great price for an almost $35K sedan.

Is there anything else that I am missing or should try to negotiate? I will be picking this vehicle up on Monday.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,914
    Those look like great deals...

If you have any doubts at all about how much mileage you need, grab the 15K allowance.. For $12/mo. it is cheap insurance against being over mileage..

Good luck,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• This looks like a great deal. I am in IL and difference is I have to pay 8% taxes on the selling price. which is probabely $32690, Which comes to about 2800 which addes about $70 to the monthly payments Plus I have the premium package which adds $21 per month. Over all I think I am getting a similar deal with the exception of the IL 8% taxes. That tax is what is killing me.
    Any one defers that..
  • Hi redrumkev or any one who can answer the question. Can some one living in IL lease a car in Michigan and drive it back to IL, Obviously the deals are sweeter in Michigan than Chicago ? Any issues other than the tax...
  • Radioactive

You only pay sales tax on your use.

So if your payment is $400 plus tax, you will pay $400 + 8% of that, which is $32 for a total payment of $432.

In Michigan, with 6% sales tax you would take the same $400 base payment and add the tax, which would be $24 for a total payment of $424, only saving you $8 dollars or 2% a month.

You do not pay tax on the entire purchase price of the vehcile, only what you use. So if you have a purchase price of $30,000 and lease it with a .67 res, then you are "using" approximately 33% of the car, or about $10,000. So with your tax rate of 8% you will pay about $800 over the term of the lease, where as I would only pay 6% or $600.

If you buy the car out of state, ie come to Michigan, you will not pay tax here, instead you will have to pay the taxes in your own state, at YOUR STATES RATE of 8%.

For my motorcycle, I went to Ohio to purchase it, I did not pay tax there on, but when I came back to Michigan to register it, I had to pay the sales tax here. The only way to get around the tax would be to have an address in a state with lower tax and have your bills sent there. But you ever get an accident or have any problems, they might find out and cuase you some problems. So the $8 a month more on a $400 month payment are not worth the effort or chance that something could go wrong with paying the "out of state tax game". Not to mention the gas/time you will burn to drive to Michigan to get the car!

Good luck
  • Thanks redrunkev, I went in this week to pick up the saab 93.
    Here is the deal
    MSRP = $32500 (Auto, Premium, Sunroof, Cold weather packages)
    Selling price = $27100 ( Including the GM Employee discount and Dealer cash back of 2500)
    Residual = 59%
    12k per year
    Including tax $425 per month
    In Illinois the law is to pay taxes on the Selling price for all leases. I think this is the law for IL and TX.

Can any one confirm that I got the a decent deal ?
  • Looking to lease a 2.6 conv...deal is 36 months 499.00 a month..nothing down..12,000 miles a year
    How does this look?
    It does include the prem. package
  • NewB here.
    First time in my life trying to lease a car.
    Dealer quoted me a price for a demo car as follows.

Saab 9-3 2.0T
    Miles: 7500
    MSRP: $26800
    Rebate: $2500
    Price = $24300

12000 miles/Yr and 27 months term.
    Asking for $390 per month with $1800 (TTL + fees) as a down payment.

It sounds too much to me especially it has 7500 miles on it.
    He used 5.34% GM rate and about 66% residual.

They seem desparate is getting rid of thie car.
    What should be my good offer ( I want to put $0 down but he said in order to preserve interest rate I need to put down $800 atleast, I want 15000 miles/yr).

Any help here will be appreciated greatly.
    Thank you.
    :-)
  • noah2noah2 Posts: 2
    I'm also trying to lease a saab 9-3 aero. I have gotten quotes from $439 to $600. I saw a car advertised for $29,900 new. The dealer said for a lease they had to go off the msrp which is not true that I know of. The way I figure it is the car is $29900, the residual is $19,000 for a 36 month, wouldn't I be paying $10,000 over a three year period plus tax and interest? How are the dealers getting to these outrageous amounts with no money down? what am I doing wrong? Is the $3000 cash back good on a lease veichle? I live in Illinois so if someone got a lease deal with no money down in the $300's-$400's a month atfer now the employee pricing is over can you please tell me which dealship you bought it at?
  • Patrick Saab , Please see my post for details, I think its above
  • noah2noah2 Posts: 2
    radioactive,
    How long did you lease for? You did not trade any cars or put any money down correct? What is the $ amount for you residual? How was your experience there, are they upfront right away?
  • brinks2brinks2 Posts: 6
    hi also looking in chicago area for 9-3. Does Patrick saab
    give the gsm to everyone and will they give me the 2500 off sticker? Do you recommend them?
  • Hi,
    I need an urgent help here. Please reply soon, I will really appreciate it.

Lease: 2006 Saab 9-3 Auto with sunroof.
    MSRP: $28250
    Price: $24750
    TTL: ~$2000
    Total capitalized cost: $26750
    Term: 27 months
    Interest rate: 5.9%
    Residual value: $18085.40
    Down payment: $0

Payment: $435/month including 8.25% tax.

Can I do better?
    Please advise.

I read above by Car_man that the rate used by GMAC for 9-3 is 3.94%. My dealer is using 5.9%.

Thanks.
  • brinks2brinks2 Posts: 6
    bad deal! stay away
    IR s/b 3.94
    residual s/b .71 which is 20,057
    thte total cap cost s/b about 28250 less 1700 plus 2000
    which is about 28550, then plug in the numbers above
    which will get you a payment of about $395
    the 28250 less 1700 is invoice and what the cars are leasing
    at now or less. You should pay no more than 390 with nothing down, no money out the door.
This discussion has been closed.