Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saab 9-3 Lease Questions

Comments

• therastheras Posts: 44
    I appreciate the assistance Car_Man. I have decided to hold off on Saab's pull ahead offer due to model availability, but may be seeking an update on your information in a month or two. Thanks again!
  • saableasesaablease Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2008 Saab Aero Sedan (w/ Automatic Transmission) w/ 15K miles/year. Since the Aero already includes many upgrades, I would not need any additional options. What would I expect a good deal to be on the sales price as well as my monthly payment and down payment?

My initial research suggests that the dealers in S. Florida have very limited quantities of the 2008 Aero 4-door sedan.

Thanks, in advance.
  • dammitjim1dammitjim1 Posts: 95
    Hi all,

A local dealer on LI has 2 Turbo X models in stock, one in auto, 1 manual, both with Cold Weather and Touring packages. I opted for the 6-speed and requested an internet quote. I didn't get back complete info such as the buy price the lease is based on, money factor or residual, but what I did get back was enough to make me head for the door, so to speak. Here it is:

$619 per month X 39 @ 12K miles per year and $4,141 up-front

27 month lease would run $672 per month with $3,725 up-front

Paying that kind of money for any Saab, even a limited edition model, strikes me as being just about nuts. I am working to get the rest of the info that led to that pricing, but I would definitely not move on this car with those numbers.

Chime in and let me know what you think - would anybody take a Turbo-X with those kind of lease numbers?
  • dilbert2dilbert2 Posts: 3
    Can anyone give the residual & money factor for a 36 and 39 month 12,000 per year 9-3 2.0t sportcombi Lease. Dealer has told me that there is only $900 dollars markup in these cars and their second pencil had a $1306 discount. How much markup really is in these without getting into dealer cash?

is this fair?
    39 mo. 12k / yr.
    $495.00 /mo.
    $34,615 MSRP
    $33,309.84 Selling Price
    $1500 cash + $502 GM card = $2002 + $495(first month) drive off.
    so $2497 due at signing
  • saablcpsaablcp Posts: 195
    Take a Turbo-X at those numbers compared to what?How much less is a comparably equipped 330ix going to run you?The new Audi 3.0 Quattro when available?My impression from your statement of "that kind of money for any Saab" seems to suggest a predisposition that this car is inherently inferior to other brands in this segment.Might I suggest a test drive......then see if you still feel this way.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    No problem, theras. Talk to you then.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Dilbert2, Saab Financial Services Corp. current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T SportCombi with 12,000 miles per year are 5.1% and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 5.1% and 57%. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

You can look up exactly how much of a spread there is between this car's full MSRP and its dealer invoice price by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • dilbert2dilbert2 Posts: 3
    Mighty abliged Car_man.
  • jkotlerjkotler Posts: 1
    I am going to lease/buy a new 9-3 2.0 this week and want to know how much I should pay, pre-tax, for a base (manual trans) 9-3 with nothing down. Assume that we're looking at a 27 month lease with 12k per year. Also, is it possible to get a moonroof and the sport seats added as an option, and how much would that add to the lease? Can I negoatiate a lower payment if I'm willing to accept 10k miles per year?

Any help that you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I am ready to pull the trigger but need to know that I'm getting a good deal.
    Hi Car Man,

I'm back. Could you update the lease information for an 08 93 2.0T sedan? I am looking at the 27 month lease with 10,000 miles per year.

Thanks much!!
  • wpbondwpbond Posts: 2
    Car_Man,

Do you have the latest lease info for the 2008 Saab 9-3 Sport Combi Aero? I'm looking at an XWD version, but I understand that this is still just considered an Aero version option and doesn't change the lease variables.

So what is the current money factor and residual for a 27 month lease with 15K miles per year? Also, is Saab providing any lease cash for this model currently? I already can qualify for the $1000 Loyalty Lease Cash.

Thanks!
    You're very welcome, dilbert2.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jkotler. I believe that 10,000 miles per year is the lowest mileage allowance that Saab Financial Services Corp. offers on leases.

The best way to assure that you are getting a good deal on the 9-3 that you want is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your car's monthly payment using its base lease rate...which in this case is 4.95%.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome back theras. SFSC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2008 9-3 2.0T Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are 4.95% and 71%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    You are correct, wpbond. Options have no impact upon this car's lease program. Saab Financial Services Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2008 9-3 Sport Combi Aero with 15,000 miles per year are 5.1% and 69%, respectively. Other than owner loyalty cash, I don't believe that Saab is providing any cash incentives on leases of this model right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the information. My dealer is saying the lease rate is 5.65. Are they just marking it up?
  • I am new at leasing and a little scared to do this myself.
    I am looking at a Hyundai Sonata gls 4dr 4cyl and the dealer really has me confused,
    I have tried to research but the formula he is using doesn’t make sense.

Rebate 2,000.00
    Msrp 20,135.00
    Lev% 63%
    Lease end value 12,685.05
    Term 24
    Money fact sell rate 0.00140
    Total sales tax 474.04
    --------------------------------
    Initial cap cost 18201.00
    Total add cap costs 845.00
    Cash cap reduction 1,995.00
    Adjusted cap cost 15,051.00
    Base monthly rental 137.41
    Total annual fees 45.00
    Total initial fees 20.00
    Cap tax 6.5% 259.68
    Amount due at start 2,671.45
    Question is on leasing do you get the rebate Hyundai is offering and the money factor is 0.00140 what does it mean.
    And is this a good lease I have a good credit score.
  • saablcpsaablcp Posts: 195
    Did I miss something? What does this have to do with leasing a Saab?
  • Sorry new at this just looking for help didn’t realize I was on the wrong forum.
This discussion has been closed.