Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saab 9-3 Lease Questions

Comments

• rainesa1rainesa1 Posts: 3
    For a 9-3 sportcombi 2.0T and Aero, what are the money factors and residuals for 24, 27, and 36 month leases.

Thanks in advance.
  • mayurjshahmayurjshah Posts: 37
    arlvahoo,

hi, what were the terms of the deal you got? did u have a down payment/cash upfront? What was your monthly payment? thanks.
  • arlvahooarlvahoo Posts: 11
    MSRP $30,270
    Invoice $28,551
    Cap Cost $26,991

27 mo/12k mile lease.
    Residual 70%. 4.44% interest rate (could be 1/2 point less if you paid a security deposit, but I didn't want to pay anything up front.)

rolled tax (3%), tags, acquisition fee, and processing fee into the lease.

Bottom line was $380/mo with nothing due up front other than first month's payment.
  • as9004as9004 Posts: 1
    Hi - I leased an '06 Saab 9-3 in January 2006 under the 24-months/$299 per month lease program. I put down approximately $2900 and pay $360 per month for a car with an MSRP of $32,165. I saw this forum so I thought I'd first ask whether I got a decent deal or whether I got thoroughly ripped off. Second - I'm going overseas in a couple of months and wanted to what my best/only options were:

a) Give the car to my parents and have them continue leasing the car and potentially purchase it later (they'll definitely go over the 12,000 mile per year limit)?

b) Give the car back? or

c) Purchase the car? If I were to purchase, what price should I look for or offer? It has 5,000 miles on it so far.

Thanks for your help!
  • rws0131rws0131 Posts: 27
    Car_Man,

Do you happen to know the July numbers for the 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T Sedan - 27 month/15k Residual and Lease Rate? Did they change at all from June? Thanks.

Rob
  • We live in NJ and went to the dealer today to inquire about a 9-3 lease. I listed the terms we were given below. Can anyone tell me if this seems reasonable. Is it typical to pay all taxes up front? Will the lease deals on 2006 models just keep getting better as they roll out the 2007 models or what timw of year is best to lease? Can anyone tell me which costs are negotiable. Thanks.

Residual 72 APR 3.94

Price- 29770
    rebate- 500
    Acquisitionfee- 695
    Taxes- 772
    Admin/Doc fee- 125
    Title/Reg- 262.50
    Security deposit- 350.00

Total due at signing w/ first mos. & security= 3395.52

Mos. payment= 330.52
    27 mos lease/ 10,000 miles
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi rainesa1. If you were to lease a 2006 Saab 9-3 Sportcombi 2.0T through Saab Financial Services Corp. right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.94% and 70%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be 3.94% and 57%. If you were to lease an '06 9-3 Sportcombi Aero through SFSC, its 24 month, 15k numbers should be 3.94% and 67% and its 36 month, 15k numbers should be 3.94% and 54%. As you can see SFSC now publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take the $1,000 bonus cash that Saab is currently providing on Aero and $500 that it is providing on 2.0T models into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hey, I was looking at a 2006 9-3 2.0T on a 27mo/15K lease and they are hitting me somewhere around 9% from what I can figure. Can you tell me where I might find some published lease rates or where you are getting your info? Thanks..
    Hi as9004. It is difficult to say how good a deal you got on your car without knowing what its selling price was. This number will show how much of a discount you were given on it. As far as your options about what to do with your car when you go abroad go, your best bet is probably to have your parents drive it and make your payments for you. Giving your car back early is not an option. You can purchase your car, but that may be fairly expensive to do less than a year into your lease plus it will just sit around while you are in Europe unless you have it shipped over there.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey Rob. Through July 18th, Saab was providing $500 bonus cash and a base lease rate of 3.94% on the 2006 9-3 2.0T Sedan. It is scheduled to introduce a new incentive program on this car today. Please feel free to check back with me in a day or two and I will gladly give you an idea of what its new program is like.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • araba3araba3 Posts: 11
    I'm no expert, but I got quoted a price of $368/mo (with taxes rolled in) for 27 months and 15,000 miles. It's a floor model, so that may make a slight difference, and $1700 down (first month, plus fees registration, security etc). btw, dealer just returned and dropped the monhtly to $339....So given that yr mileage is so low, you might be able to push a lower deal. but it looks good to me!
  • kmoskmos Posts: 5
    What is the lowest lease payment seen on the new Saab 9-3
  • victors01victors01 Posts: 1
    Hello Car_man,

I was wondering if you have any information on the new incentive program that started for the 2006 9-3 Aero this week.

Also, do you have the current lease rate and residual figures for 27 and 36 month/15k mile leases on this car.

Thanks
  • chainsaw2chainsaw2 Posts: 2
    Hey Kids,
    Does anyone know the current residual values and lease rates a 2006 9-3 2.0T 27 month 12k and 15K leases? I seem to keep hearing different numbers. I've heard everything from 68 to 72 percent on the Residuals and 3.19 - 4.94 on the Rates. Shouldn't these be standard across the board if it's through GMAC? Also, I wonder if Saab will be introducing even lower rates or better incentives to clear out the '06's since it's almost time for the 2007's to come out. Is it worth waiting?
    Thanks for any thoughts.
  • Hey chainsaw2- I just leased a 2006 9-3 2.0t on a 27mo and 15k/year and the dealer gave me a residual rate of 63% and a interest rate was 6.9%. I'm not totally sold that this is the best available but it was the best I was given. Plus I called GMAC and they were useless, had no clue was I was trying to get out of them. Good luck....
  • hgershmanhgershman Posts: 15
    So, Car_man, what is the new program, if ya know? Thanks.
  • I'm looking to lease a 2006 convertible, either the 2.0T or an Aero. Does anyone know what is being offered in terms of money factor and residuals? The dealer is telling me that 27 month leases are the best, but the money factor they are quoting is not good at all, so looking for anyone with recent experience on a convertible. Thanks!
    Hello victors01. Saab is currently providing $1,000 lease cash on 2006 9-3 Aero Sedan models. Saab Financial Services Corp.'s current base lease rate and residual value for a 27 month lease of this car with 15,000 miles per year are 3.94% and 66%, respectively. The lease rate would be the same for an otherwise identical 36 month lease, but the residual value would be 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi chainsaw2. Saab Financial Services Corp.'s current base lease rate and residual value for a 27 month, 12,000 mile per year lease of a 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T Sedan are 3.94% and 70%, respectively. The 15,000 mile per year residual value for this term is 69%. This car's residual values for leases through GMAC (which is what SFSC has essentially become) should be standard. Perhaps some of the people who have given you quotes are confused because 27 months is an odd term. This car's base lease rate is definitely 3.94%. This means that dealers cannot charge you less than this for this model. Dealers may be able to mark your car's lease rate up though to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal. This sort of thing happens all the time, but it can usually be avoided by consumers who know what the base lease rate or money factor for their car should be. It is difficult to say what Saab's lease program for this car will be like when its current program expires on September 5th. Generally speaking though, vehicles' lease programs don't get a whole lot better this late in the model year. This is because vehicles' residual values gradually fall as the model year progresses. The lower a vehicles' residual values are, the higher its lease payment will be. So late in the model year it becomes very expensive for automakers to provide attractive lease payments on vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey hgershman. Saab's current lease program on the '06 9-3 2.0T isn't that great. Its lease rate, 3.94%, isn't bad but Saab is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this car right now. It is providing $2,500 dealer cash on it. This dealer cash is not compatible with Saab's special lease program. You may want to consider financing this car through an independent bank and taking advantage of this lease cash or waiting until the 2007 model arrives to see if its lease program is any better.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi edmundhere. Saab publishes lease rates for its vehicles instead of the money factors that most banks use. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. Its current base lease rate and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2006 9-3 2.0T Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are 6.34% and 72%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '06 9-3 Aero Convertible are 6.34% and 71%. You're right, this lease rate is not very good. The rate for all other terms is the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Here is the quote I got for 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T automatic with cold weather package. 7 spoke weels and Moon Roof
    MSRP $30960
    Selling price : $28560
    $0 Down
    $424/ Month Including taxes for 39 months Lease for 12000 Miles.
    Let me know if this is a good deal.

Thanks
  • I am looking at this offer:

http://www.suburbansaab.com/Specials-New.aspx

for the 9-3 2.0T Aero, which is $240 a month with $1999 down and saab loyalty. This is for GMS (employee discount) eligable people only.

My question: Is this a fair price for a lease. I have strong credit and do not want to put any money down, I was going to roll the $1999 and $1000 (loyalty) into the payment. So I figured the payment would be about $355 plus tax, is this correct?

Do anyone know how much money will be added each month by going from a 10k to 12k and from a 12k to 15k lease over 27 months?

Note: I spoke with the dealer. The $1999 down includes destination and first payment. So rolling hte $1999 plus the $1000 owner loyalty would be a "sign and drive" minus up-front costs (plate, title, etc).

I was also quoted miles at .20 a mile upfront. So 12K a year is 4000 miles over 27 months, or $800.

Thank you!
  • I was told by my dealer that anyone can use the GMS discount as long as they receive a code from a GM employee. This is different from the past where you needed to be related to a GM employee, and this offer is unlimited. It doesn't cost the employee anything, but it saves me alot.

Does anyone have the ability to provide me with a GMS code?

Thanks for the help.
  • I am getting this from my brother, who said that he only has a limited number and can only give them to family, including brothers/sisters, childern, parents and grandparents of the employee.

Sorry!

Kevin
  • I am getting the code from my Friend, He is a very close friend of mine and not related to me or my family. they can get only two codes per month.My above numbers are for 0 Down all I am paying is first months payment and $305 for title registration. Just an update that I missed the premium package in the above list I posted. SO its all available options except the Navigation package. $425/ month Out of door. 0 Down. 12k miles per year and its 39 months lease
  • I was able to visit a different dealer this evening and locked in on the deal I will be taking.

Aero 9-3 with Auto and Cold Weather Package:

MSRP $34,520

27 month 12,000/miles year lease for $369 a month (including tax, 6% in Michigan). Total due at signing is first month payment, $124.50 in taxes (on $2,000 rebate), title $23 and doc fee of $75. So $591.50 due.

Second option:

27 month 15,000/miles year lease for $381 a month (including tax, 6% in Michigan). Total due at signing is first month payment, $124.50 in taxes (on $2,000 rebate), title $23 and doc fee of $75. So $603.50 due.

Because I had another GM lease, I will not have to pay a security deposit.

The residuals were .67 on the 12k lease and .66 on the 15K lease with a 3.94 rate and $2000 back on Aero, plus the GMS (Employee pricing) discount. I think this is a great price for an almost $35K sedan.

Is there anything else that I am missing or should try to negotiate? I will be picking this vehicle up on Monday.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,827
    Those look like great deals...

If you have any doubts at all about how much mileage you need, grab the 15K allowance.. For $12/mo. it is cheap insurance against being over mileage..

Good luck,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• This looks like a great deal. I am in IL and difference is I have to pay 8% taxes on the selling price. which is probabely $32690, Which comes to about 2800 which addes about $70 to the monthly payments Plus I have the premium package which adds $21 per month. Over all I think I am getting a similar deal with the exception of the IL 8% taxes. That tax is what is killing me.
    Any one defers that..
  • Hi redrumkev or any one who can answer the question. Can some one living in IL lease a car in Michigan and drive it back to IL, Obviously the deals are sweeter in Michigan than Chicago ? Any issues other than the tax...
This discussion has been closed.