Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saab 9-5 Lease Questions

Comments

• jones14jones14 Posts: 1
    I am trying to lease a 9-5 saab and have been offered 2 deals: msrp $36,869 27 mo.at $533 per month and msrp $40,005 27 month at $583 with no money down. Both of these offers are for 15,000 miles. This seems high to me. Can I do better than this.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hello jones14. You never mentioned the selling price of the cars that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on these deals if you let me know what these cars' selling prices are.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • mlerner3mlerner3 Posts: 1
    My 4-year lease ends on 8/31 and Saab Financial Services customer service reps claim that the purchase option (residual value which was calculated 4 years ago) is non-negotiable. They would rather have the customer lease/buy a new vehicle (obviously) and will waive my last payments IF I lease/buy a new GM vehicle. Since this is not what I wish to do, do you know of any possible way to negotiate the purchase price?
  • sweeney4sweeney4 Posts: 17
    Can you let me know the residual value and money factor for a 36 month lease.
    Hi mlerner3. There certainly is no guarantee that Saab Financial Services Corp. will negotiate your car's lease-end purchase price. It seems as though you were not able to make any progress in your negotiations with your initial contact there. Some consumers who have struck out on their initial negotiation attempt have had success by working their way up the corporate ladder to a manager. Give it a shot, you don't have anything to lose.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hello sweeney4. If you were to lease a 2006 Saab 9-5 SportCombi through Saab Financial Services Corp. right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 2.69% and 52%, respectively. As you can see, SFSC uses lease rates instead of money factors to calculate vehicles' monthly payments. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • saablcpsaablcp Posts: 195
    A major part of your monthly lease payment is the prorated depreciation of the car.Higher residual value = lower payment and vice-versa.By attempting to negotiate a lower buy figure you are essentially double-dipping,in other words you want the advantage of a lower end of lease purchase price without having paid the higher monthly lease payment the lower residual value would have yielded.The leasing company has every right to hold a firm line on this.Conversely,if the current market value on your vehicle was HIGHER than the contract stated price you could not be made to pay a higher price.Fairs fair!!!
  • ron4xron4x Posts: 2
    Can you provide the money factor and residual for a 36 month lease at 15,000 miles per year for a 9.5 sedan (2.3T) with Sentronic automatic transmission, visibility package, ventilated seats, and metallic paint?
    Thanks.
  • hersheytx1hersheytx1 Posts: 13
    You must a very bad Leasing company if they do not neg. the sale price before you lease a car. I always make sure I get any rebates and/or discounts when leasing.
    My last Jeep had 4k off the top plus they threw in the Nav. for free.
    I usually do not go through the dealer unless they have a subvented lease. The Leasing company I deal with always works with a high volume dealer in the area and gets the best price before we do the lease. I have never been disappointed.
  • stmssstmss Posts: 206
    For sure! You need to know the sale price and it needs to be as low as possible. The interest payment on the lease is based on this. The residual amount is usually a percentage of the sale price so if you lower the sale price, you lower the residual. Your payment is simply depreciation amount + interest + taxes (if any). I would not lease without these three firm numbers.
  • saablcpsaablcp Posts: 195
    Huh????Did you read the question the man posed or my answer??It had nothing to do with negotiating the car's price(cap.cost)at inception.It addressed negotiating the OFF-LEASE price of the car.
    Hello ron4x. Saab publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. The current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Saab 9-5 2.3T Sedan are 2.69% and 52%, respectively. There is no lease cash on this car at this time.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're right, Hersheytx1, consumers should absolutely negotiate the selling prices of the vehicle that they want to lease. However, Saab is a little different than Jeep in that the cash incentives that it provides on vehicles are not compatible with its special lease program. Consumers who pay cash for or finance their '06 9-5 through an independent bank can take advantage of the $2,500 dealer cash that is currently available on it, but no consumers who lease through Saab Financial Services Corp.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • edisaacedisaac Posts: 15
    My lease on a 2002 sportwagon is up this month. Went in yesterday to see what they can do on another lease. For an '06 Combi they are quoting me a 27 month lease, 12k miles/yr., $500 loyalty rebate, upfront cash of $1400 -- pymts = $468. The MSRP is $37170, the sale price is $34,881. The rate (no money factor) is 3.69% with a residual of $25275.60. Good, average, can I do better? Any feedback is much appreciated. BTW for 15k miles/year the monthly is $482.77.
  • I am interested in negotiating a lease for a 2006 9-5 Sport Combi. Do you mind sharing the name of the leasing company that you are so pleased with?
    Thanks much.
  • sidvsidv Posts: 63
    Considering replacing my 9-3 with a 9-5. Dealer offered 500 dollars in loyalty cash. I've seen at least one post where 750 dollars was offered. Is this a standard amount or is it subject to game playing like most every other financial piece of a purchase/lease transaction? (would be lease in my case)
  • Hi sidv. Saab's current owner loyalty incentive for the 9-5 is only $500. The post that you saw referencing $750 was either an older post referring to an expired offer or a mistake.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thanks Car_man. The deal is already in the works (07 9-5 2.3T SC arriving this week), so it would have killed me if you'd told me otherwise.
  • Does anybody have any details on the current offer Saab is running - 60 month 0% financing plus $3 K cash - (I know this is not a lease - but there is no buying thread).

60 month at 0% sounds like a great deal - but what are the strings ??
    The only "string" I know of is that it must be an 06 model, well after the 07s are out. I think there are still adequate stocks of everything but the 9-2X, at least where I live. Also, the 9-3 sedan is only 2K, the 9-3 sc, 9-5 and the 9-7 are at 3K.