Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saab 9-5 Lease Questions

Comments

• rpzbrpzb Posts: 1
    Hi Car man,

Do you have December info (MF & RV) on leases for the 2007 9-5 sedan and 9-3 Aero sedan, ideally 36 month, 12k miles (unless special offers are being made on terms like 27 or 39 months). Thanks, in advance, for your response!
  • Hi,

I am looking to lease 2006 Saab 9-5 4-Dr Sedan with metallic paint, ventilated leather seats, automatic transmission, and visibility package (MSRP $39,480). The car is a demo with 5000 miles on it, and after all rebates and discounts they are selling it for $28,928. The terms of the lease are the following:

39 months
    12K miles/year
    $0 out of pocket
    $513/month + tax

Does this sound like a good deal? If not, keeping everything else the same what kind of monthly payment should I be shooting for?

Thanks.
  • You're very welcome, sidv.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Here's the info that you're looking for, rpzb. Saab Financial Services Corp.'s current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Saab 9-5 Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 51%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero Sedan are 4.25% and 56%. As you can see, Saab publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. you can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello makarka. At first glance, over $500 a month sounds like a lot of money to pay for a demo 2006 9-5 that already has 5,000 miles on it to me. I think that the problem here is that Saab is no longer providing lease support on 2006 models. The dealer that you are working with must be running this lease through an independent bank that does not have a very attractive program for this model.

For the sake of comparison, let's work up a lease payment on a similar 2007 model and see how much it would cost to lease right now. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Saab 9-5 (non-Aero) with an MSRP of $39,305 and a selling price of $36,905 (dealer invoice) through Saab Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $497. As you can see, this is already less than the lease that you were quoted and it is for a brand new car without any miles and a 2007 model.

If you're really set on getting the demo 2006 model, you probably would be better off financing it at 0% for 5 years rather than leasing it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • saablcpsaablcp Posts: 195
    Car_man....your response to that question was totally spot-on.I was going to respond in kind until I saw your post.This particular dealer may not be happy with your advice in as much as they would rather move the aged unit.At the prices the '06's are available for I can't imagine they will have a problem finding a happy home for it.The 2006 9-5 sedan or wagon is absolutely the most amazing bargain on the market at present.
  • Thanks for pointing this out to me!
  • thetmkthetmk Posts: 4
    Car_man: Can you let me know what the current Saab Financial Services lease rates are for a 2007 Saab 9-5 Sport Combi, 36month/15K/year and 24/15/year unless there are any other sweet spots (27, 39 month).

Thanks -

TMK
  • Thanks saablcp.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello TMK. Here's the information that you are looking for. Saab Financial Services Corp.'s current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Saab 9-5 Sport Combi with 15,000 miles per year are 3.35% and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 24 month lease are 3.35% and 68%. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • folks,
    I've got a 2004 Aero 9-5 Wagon that has about 18 months to go on a 4 year lease. So far, unlike my prior Saabs, this car has been flawless. My question is, what should I do as far as the lease goes. If I keep driving at the present rate, I'll be at 62000 miles on a 48,000 lease. Also, my warranty is up at 50k too if I'm not mistaken.

Should I try to get out now? Consider an extended warranty and try keeping it next year? Its about $10k upside down at this point. Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi phollie. I'm sorry to hear that you are going to exceed your car's mileage allowance by so much. Unfortunately, it is probably going to be very expensive for you to terminate your lease at this point. Your best option is probably to wait until the scheduled end of your lease. At that point you will either have to turn your car in and have to pay an excess mileage penalty or purchase it from the bank that you are leasing it through. Purchasing a Saab at the end of a lease is probably not a good idea unless the bank that you are leasing it through is willing to negotiate your car's purchase option price. If they won't there is a very good chance that it would cost more to purchase your car than it is worth on the open market. The bottom line is that there is a good chance that your least expensive option will be to just pay your car's excess mileage penalty at the scheduled end of your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • saablcpsaablcp Posts: 195
    The reality of your situation is less dire than it seems,especially when comparing the cost of terminating now vs.your potential over mileage costs.No vehicles under lease are anywhere near an equal balance of market value vs payoff with 18 months left on the lease.If I presume a monthly payment of $500 per month it would cost you approximately $7-$9,000.00 to end the lease now.If your projection of 14,000 miles overage is correct @$.20/per mile,you are looking at $2,800 in over mileage charges.....not chump change but definitely a lesser cost to you vs. terminating now.Once you get to within 4 or 5 months of the end of your lease you should revisit the math again. At that point the additional remaining payments vs. the mileage charges you are incurring may make terminating then more of an equal cost option.
  • davehanedavehane Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'd like to lease a 2007 9-5 Aero Sedan. In playing around with various lease calculators, I don't seem to be able to get a least payment much below $650/mo (36 mo, 12k mi). I am wondering what terms I can expect with today's environment. One thing that I think I'm seeing in my area (Minneapolis) is $3000 cash back on such a purchase/lease. Thanks.
    Hi davehane. Through July 9th, Saab is providing $3,000 customer cash on the 2007 9-5. Unfortunately, this cash is not compatible with its special lease program. I would be happy to give you an idea of how much the specific 9-5 that you are interested in would cost to lease right now. In order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its MSRP and approximate selling price. Let me know what these numbers are and I'll run a payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • davehanedavehane Posts: 2
    MSRP: $40,030
    Sale: $37,621

3 year lease, 12K/year.

Thanks!
    Thanks for the additional information, davehane. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Saab Aero Sedan that has an MSRP of $40,030 and a selling price of $37,621 through Saab's captive finance company right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $496.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hello:
    Is this a lease deal worth considering?

2007 9-5 with Visibility Package
    Demo with 3500 miles
    $375 plus tax for 27 months
    $600 bank fee

Thanks for your help.
    Mountsreet
  • larry74larry74 Posts: 1
    I am planning to return my 2005 Saab 95 series 2.3 T lease ( two months early).

I desire to lease a similar 2007 model. List price is $37,000. with a $34,000. selling price. I have been quoted:

$1,500. down

$415. plus tax for 39 months. Isn't this too high considering Saab is offering $419. per month with $2,000. down for 27 months?
  • Can you tell me the residual and payments I should be seeing on the 9-5 Sedan (2207). MSRP of 37,340 - price offered as 30,995. I expect 36 or 39 with 10k per year