Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saab 9-7X Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
edited April 5 in Saab
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Saab 9-7X. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• gmar1gmar1 Posts: 2
    Hi Carman,

I am in the market to lease the 9-7x. The following deal is what I have been offered:

MSRP: $39,240
    RESIDUAL: 70% for 12K miles per year
    RESIDUAL VALUE: $27,468
    INITIAL CAP COST: $36,156.23
    ACQ FEE: $595 (I'm not sure why they are using this in the calculation)
    CAP REDUCTION: $2028.02
    REBATE: $1500
    TOTAL CAP REDUCTION: $3,528.02
    ADJUSTED CAP COST: $33,223.21
    APR: 4.2%
    TERM: 24 Months
    SALES TAX: 8.25%
    BASE MONTHLY RENTAL: $349.18
    SALES TAX: $28.81
    TOTAL MONTLY: $377.99

TOTAL DRIVE: $2995
    INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
    CAP REDUCTION (FROM ABOVE): $2028.02
    FIRST MONTH PAYMENT: $377.99
    LICENSE: $298
    CAP. RED. TAX (8.0%): $282.24
    ACQ, DOC, TIRE DRVOF: $8.75

I think this is a great deal, but would like to know what you think. Thanks in advance for your help.

gmar1
  • carman, what are the base lease rates and residuals for the v6 and v8? looking at a MSRP $40500 and selling price of $36000 with rear DVD option. They are advertising $399 a month for 24 months with some money down, i don't want to do the money down. thanks!
  • Hi gmar1. A base 2006 Saab 9-7X has a spread of a little over $3,000 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice prices. This means that the price that you were quoted before the subtraction of any incentives is right around dealer invoice, which is good. The lease rate that you were quoted for this truck is a little higher than Saab's base lease rate for it right now, 3.7% vs. the 4.2% that you were told. Make sure to insist that the dealer you are working with uses the 3.7% rate to calculate your truck's lease payment.

I notice that you are making a down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your Saab would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $3,500 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey imariquinn. If you were to lease any 2006 Saab 9-7X through its captive finance company right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.7% and 70%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be 3.7% and 59%. When negotiating your lease on this truck, keep in mind that Saab is currently providing $1,000 lease cash on it. This money will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Posts: 536
    Carman, Pls provide March rates for the 9-7x for both 24 and 36 month leases. Is the 1000 lease cash still available? THX
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here's the latest, coppamc. If you were to lease a 2006 Saab 9-7X through Saab Financial Services Corp. right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.7% and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 24 month lease should be 3.7% and 69%. Saab is still providing the $1,000 lease cash that you mentioned on this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • eschuleeschule Posts: 3
    Carman:

Where are these base lease rates and residual values obtained from. I am looking at the 9-7X and am being offered a "month end deal". The "deal" is based off $33,000 sales price and $40,040 MSRP.

Despite the reduced price, the lease includes 6.9 APR and 50% residual (20,020) on a 36 or 39 month lease. Thus, the monthly rates with zero down seem way overpriced according to your numbers (like 50% higher).

How do I negotiate for the proper APR and residual without quoting a poster on a website?

Thanks for your help.
  • asr515asr515 Posts: 30
    I'm looking to lease the 9-7x soon -- probably within the next month. Any new lease deals out there? What the current base lease rate and residual? I'll probably have a trade-in. Is it harder to negotiate a good deal with a trade-in?

Thanks!
    Hi eschule. It appears as though the dealer that you are working with is attempting to mark-up Saab Financial Services' Corp.'s buy rate lease money factor for this truck to add additional back-end profit to your deal. SFSC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease of an '06 9-7X are 3.7% and 57%, respectively. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any source that provides this sort of information to the general public, but I can assure you that this info is 100% accurate. Both you and the dealer know it. If they insist that the 6.9% rate is the best that they can do they are lying, unless your credit is in really rough shape. Make sure that this lease rate is being used to calculate your truck's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello asr515. Saab's May lease program for the 2006 9-7X is scheduled to run through July 5th. I doubt that it will make any significant revisions to this truck's lease program for the month of June, but only time will tell if this is definitely the case. It is not that difficult to negotiate an attractive lease when you want to trade your current vehicle in. Just keep the transactions separate. Negotiate the lowest possible selling price on the 9-7X that you want then the best possible price for your trade. If you don't like the amount the dealer is willing to give you for your current vehicle, you always have the option to sell it on your own. If you do trade it in, have the dealer cut you a check for it rather than using the proceeds as a capitalized cost reduction for your lease. I always advise community members against making large cap cost reductions on leases because if their leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, the money that they put down essentially disappears.

Car_man
    Host
  • dsharkeydsharkey Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man,

Saw an ad in the Chicago Tribune for a new 9.7x at $239/month for 24 mos. Miles are 10K/year. Residual value is $28,252 with $3,484 due at signing. Would rather not put any money down. Can you tell me what the money factors should be on this vehicle. Says the offer ends May 30th and includes all factory incentives.

Thanks
    Don
    Hi CarMan, I've started shopping around for my new 9-7x. Here's one quote I received - this is for the V6 with nav. option. I'm just not sure if it's a great or even good deal:

27 Month lease;
    15,000 miles;
    68% residual
    4.2% interest rate.

He claims he's giving it to me for $500 over invoice. Invoice is $38244 + $500= 38744. He's also giving me the $1k factory rebate. According to his calculations, with $1966 down (includes security deposit), it'd be $519/mo. which includes tax.

I called him on the 4.2% and he gave me some line about he could give me the 3.7% if I wasn't going to pay my security deposit up front. Honestly, I didn't quite understand what the heck he was talking about.

So, what do you think?

Thanks.
    Amy
    One more question Car_man: I get a GM Supplier discount through my company, of course, I haven't a clue what exactly that means. Any idea yourself?

Thanks.
    Amy
    One dealer said they are giving $4500 off '06 models but, the deal doesn't apply to leasing. Do you think this is true? I haven't gotten any final number from him yet but, I will soon and I'll be sure to post them.

Thanks.
    Amy
    Okay, this is one that I actually think is a good deal:

MSRP: $40,040
    Negotiated price: $36,866
    Residual: 68%
    Interest Rate: 3.7%
    27 Month lease
    15,000 miles/yr.
    2,023 due at signing: includes 1st mo. pymt, bank fee, doc fee, security and small NJ tire tax.
    Comes out to about $450/mo.

What do you think?
    Amy
    I'd be happy to give you an idea of what this truck's lease program is currently like, Don. If you were to lease a 2006 Saab 9-7X Linear through Saab Financial Services Corp. right now for 24 months with 10,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 2.69% and 71%, respectively. As you can see, SFSC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. When negotiating your lease on this truck, keep in mind that Saab is providing $1,000 lease cash on it. This incentive will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi Amy. $500 over invoice is a good price for this truck if it is before the deduction of the $1,000 lease cash that Saab is currently providing on it. Once this incentive was taken into account, it would put put your truck's selling price at $500 under dealer invoice. It's good that you called him on trying to mark your truck's lease rate up. You definitely should be able to get this dealer to use Saab's 3.7% lease rate without too much trouble. Just make sure to pay a security deposit on your 9-7X at lease signing. The deposit is equivalent to your vehicle's monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment. It is annoying to have to pay, but it's better than throwing money away on a higher monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hey Amy. General Motors' supplier purchase program allows you to purchase a new vehicle for a set price. This price is usually pretty good, but I would not be surprised if you were able to match or beat GM's supplier purchase price on your own. This program is good for people who don't like to negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi Amy. As I mentioned in an earlier post, you should be able to get a 9-7X for fairly close to dealer invoice, say $500 over, before the deduction of any cash incentives. The reason why the dealer you spoke with is willing to give you a bigger discount on one that isn't leased is that Saab is currently providing $3,500 dealer cash on the 9-7X. This dealer cash can be used on trucks that are financed through Saab, through an independent bank, or paid for with cash. This dealer cash is not compatible with Saab's special lease program, but a $1,000 cash incentive is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hey Amy. A base 4.2i Saab 9-7X has a spread of just over $3,000 between its dealer invoice price and its full MSRP. You are getting a $3,174 discount on the model that you are considering. This is a decent price, but I personally would not be surprised if you were able to negotiate another $500 off of its price. The lease rate that you were quoted looks good.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
This discussion has been closed.