Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru B9 Tribeca Lease Questions

167891012»

Comments

• rhazrhaz Posts: 4
    Car Man
    Do you have the July lease numbers for a Tribeca Limited 5pass with out NAV 12,000 miles per year.
    Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    I sure do, rhaz. Here's the information that you're looking for. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a Tribeca Limited 5 Passenger without navigation with 12,000 miles per year are .00080 and 44%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • slojaveslojave Posts: 1
    Dear Car Man:

I am looking at the Tribeca Limited 2009 for a lease in PA (15K) with 6% PA Taxes. We are putting 5K down. Thanks for any help!
  • hooopshooops Posts: 64
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please provide the lease numbers (mf & resid) for a 7 passenger Special Edition and 7 passenger Limited w/Nav for a 24 month / 15k mi / yr lease. Can you please also list any lease support that's provided.

Thanks
    Hey slojave. I see that you are considering making a $5,000 down payment on the Tribeca that you are interested in leasing. I always advise community members to put as little money down as possible.when leasing. Lessees who make large down payments risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is stolen and never recovered or totaled in an accident. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher, you will be much safer going with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey hooops. Here you go. Chase's (Subie runs all of its special leases through them now) current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Tribeca 7 Passenger Special Edition with 15,000 miles per year are .00120 and 46%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 Tribeca 7 Passenger Limited with 15,000 miles per year are .00140 and 43%, respectively.

I gave you the info for three year leases because Subaru is not currently supporting two year leases. Its money factors for two year terms are much higher, and in turn less attractive, than its two year factors.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • hooopshooops Posts: 64
    Hi Car_man,

Thanks for responding. I was looking for the 24 month numbers (15 k mi/yr). Can you please post those.

Thanks
  • Hey hooops. You definitely do not want to lease an '09 Tribeca for 24 months. Instead of the .00120 money factor that I mentioned, its two year factor is an extremely unattractive .00310. Add to this the fact that you will have to pay more in depreciation every month on a two year lease and I suspect that the payment on oue would be absolutely horrible.

Car_man
    Host
  • My wife is looking to lease a Tribeca Limited with Navigation in December. It has an MSRP of $35690.00 but I assume I can get it for much less. My wife has a 799 credit score, based on todays offers what money factor and residual can I expect to see on this SUV for a 36-39month 10k mi/yr lease? I appreciate all of your time!

Jason
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,341
    My guess is that subaru leases on the tribeca will be brutal---no support. You should be able to get at least 3-5k off msrp. Check truecar.com.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    ALG rates the Tribeca 3 stars for residuals, should be no worse than average.

Outback gets 4 stars, but the Impreza and Forester get 5. Look at the Forester for the very best lease terms in the Subaru lineup.
  • Hello fellow posters, I wanted to see what you all thought about the deal I am currently mulling over.

2009 Tribeca Ltd. w/ NAV & RES 7,600 miles. Sticker from dealer was around 32,000 I am considering oferring 30,000. Do you think that is too high or too low. Should I ask for 29k?

KBB says the suggested retail value is $35,305 in excellent condition.
  • Hi drivenagain. Subaru is providing support on leases of the '09 Tribeca, but as the other posters alluded its current program is not very attractive.

Subaru's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 7 Passenger 2009 Tribeca with 10,000 miles per year are .00120 and 44%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00120 and 42%.

This lease program is only scheduled to run though November 2nd. It is difficult to say what its December program for this truck will be like at this point.

Car_man
    Host
  • Unfortunately, the resids for the '09 Tribeca are pretty bad. Subaru's residual values for the Forester are by far the strongest, followed by the Legacy, Outback, and Impreza. The Tribeca is the worst of the Subaru models.

Car_man
    Host
    The low residuals might mean a lease to buy scenario. Used low mileage tribeca's seem to command decent prices.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Useful info, thanks.

The Tribeca's residuals were great at first but I guess Subaru backed off a bit from supporting those.
    Gas prices scared them and the outback is the new darling. Subaru is selling.
  • No problem, ateixeira. Yeah, not only was the Tribeca not as well received by the market as Subaru had hoped, but almost all manufacturers across the board have been forced to lower their residual values from the level that they were at several years ago.

Car_man
    Host
  • stoopystoopy Posts: 105
    Car-Man,

I see the 2010 Tribecas are finally out. Could you please provide the 36 month, 10,000 mile lease numbers for the Premium and Limited Trim levels?

Thanks.
  • They certainly are. I'd be happy to help you out, stoopy.

Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Tribeca Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00165 and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '10 Tribeca Limited are .00220 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
  • 2walls2walls Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    My 3-year lease is about to expire. We are planning to buy, but I've never done this and would appreciate any help. The orig. number they gave us was around 17K. The car has all add-ons (I think) except NAV. It has leather, 3rd row, sunroof, heated seats, etc. Mileage is 45,500. (I bought up mileage to get 15/year.)
    Thanks in advance for the help!
  • Car Man,

Can you provide the current lease rates and residuals for the 2010 Subaru Tribeca Limited for 10,000 miles per year?
    36 Months
    39 Months
    HA, great username indianajohns. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Chase current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Tribeca Limited with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 45%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00150 and 43%.

Car_man
    Host
  • xuyuanxuyuan Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

Do you have current money factor and residual value for 2012 Tribeca Touring? I see they have a special offer for standard model, don't what would be for touring model. Thanks.
    Hi xuyuan. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tribeca Touring with navigation and 15,000 miles per year are .00120 and 43%, respectively for consumers who qualify for Chase's top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
167891012»