Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru B9 Tribeca Lease Questions

Comments

• jameson1jameson1 Posts: 1
    Car man,

Have not shopped for a car in quite some time, but will need to get one because of a new addition to the family.
    My wife and i like the B9 very much, but we just don't have the energy to go through the negotiation process right now. What have been the best deals (purchase & lease) you've come across for the 7passenger ltd with dvd/nav. Thank you for your help.
  • scouziscouzi Posts: 28
    I'm dealing right now and without much effort you can get between $5500-$5800 of MSRP.

Weirdly enough, the incentives were better in April than May if you pay cash because Subaru removed the dealer cash and replaced it with low financing WITH a higher factory rebate.

If you pay cash, you lose out on the lower financing availiable.
  • akatzakatz Posts: 1
    Hi everyone - I'm in Chicago and received the following offer...curious on your quick thoughts and any potential areas to improve upon (negotiate!)...Thanks!!

LEASE 2007 SUBARU TRIBECA Limited (no NAVI) for $259*/36months. $2,995 down + sales tax, title, and license fees extra. Offers based on 10,000 miles/year.

THANKS!
  • dadofdadof Posts: 8
    Steve138, could you please tell me where you got that quote? Thanks in advance.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Congratulations on the new addition to your family, jameson1. I personally haven't kept tabs on the best deals that I have seen on the Tribeca lately. You can scroll bask through this discussion and the "Subaru B9 Tribeca: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" discussion to look at the ones that community members have reported getting lately. I can tell you what sort of deal I personally would shoot for on this model right now though. I personally would aim for a capitalized cost of $500 or so over dealer invoice minus the $2,750 cash incentive that Subaru is providing on it. If you provide me with a detailed description of the exact Tribeca that you are interested in and tell me how long you want to lease it for and what mileage allowance you need, I would be happy to tell you what its current money factor and residual value are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • bodidbodid Posts: 87
    Car_Man,

I've looked at everything, and I mean everything in the 7 passenger category and for my current needs, I think I've narrowed it down to the Tribeca Limited with Nav and the MDX Sport. Could you provide numbers for both cars in NY?

-36 month lease (or the best least deal being offered)
    -15K miles/year

My current lease is up in early August, and I can wait till then, or do a deal now. What's your expert opinion?

Thanks,
    Bo
  • bodidbodid Posts: 87
    Car_Man,

I'm looking at the NEW Tribeca, not the B9 Tribeca...

Bo
  • robo84robo84 Posts: 3
    Hello,

I am looking at leasing the 2008 Tribeca Ltd (5 passenger) and have a question on the lease listed in Edmund's Incentive section. The lease on the 36 month Ltd 5 Passenger states $339 for 36 months, 10K miles plus $2585 down payment.

The thing is the dealer told me that this is the deal for the standard Tribeca, not the Limited. Is Edmunds incorrect with their incentive info? The standard 2008 Tribeca is listed at $319 on the incentives section, so I am not sure who is correct.

Is the $339 a good value, it looks very fair and wonder if it's too good to be true.

Any help would be really appreciated!
  • chiro444chiro444 Posts: 13
    So is it $2585 down plus fees or $2585 out of pocket?
  • robo84robo84 Posts: 3
    I'm pretty sure it's a down payment. I ended up passing on the deal as it wasn't recognized by the dealer. It was closer to $520 with $2000 down (36 months, 12K per year)

I am not sure if that was a good deal or not. They really seem intent on getting rid of the 2007's.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hey Bo. Let's take a look at these vehicles' lease programs. If you were to lease a 2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 7 Passenger with Navigation through Subaru Auto Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00170 and 56%, respectively.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Acura MDX Sport without the Entertainment Package with 15,000 miles per year are .00209 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hello,

Would appreciate any input on this lease offer in Michigan. 2007 B9 Tribeca 5 pass, Ltd, Harvest Gold Metallic with Beige Interior. MSRP is $34,292 selling price is $29,306 which includes the $2750 customer cash. Options include rear cargo net and tray, auto-dimming mirror, towing kit, puddle lights.

3yrs / 36k miles
    $637 due at signing
    $433.79 payment (includes tax)

OR

3yrs / 36k miles
    $1000 due at signing
    $422 payment (includes tax)

Sound good? Anybody else have comparable / better offers in the SW Michigan area?
    Thanks,
    Marley
  • maradagmaradag Posts: 85
    CarMan:

Are the money factor and residuals the same for a 2007 Tribeca?
  • Anyone have any thoughts? Anyone? We are looking to go to the dealership this weekend and pull the trigger on this. Any suggestions on the lease price offered?

thank you.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I don't think $11 per month will make much difference either way.

Over 36 payments that's $424.44.

Or choose to pay $363 more up front.

If you have the cash now, I'd go ahead and put the bigger down payment.
  • Hey maradag. No, the 2007 model's lease program is different. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Subaru Tribeca Limited 7 Passenger with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Does anyone know September's money factor and residual for a 2008 Subaru Tribeca. I am looking to lease one and wanted to see how people are doing with the 2008 leases?

Are the dealers negotiating well on the 2008? Also, any cash back incentives on these currently?

Thanks a ton in advance.
  • css1css1 Posts: 247
    Hi
    I need a little help here. I would appreciate any info and suggestions.

My lease comes due in Dec.
    I called my dealer - current money factor for 08 tribeca on a 3yr/45k lease is .00250 with residual @ 55%

Is the dealer able to change the interest rate at his discretion? Does he have a range?

I don't understand leases. Can you or anyone help?

I'm just about ready to jump out the basement window.

Thanks,
    Charlie
  • Greetings another_other. Subaru's lease program for the 2008 Tribeca varies by trim level, term, and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease of a base 2008 Tribeca 5-Passenger model with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. The lease program for these parameters is .00180 and 55%, respectively. Subaru is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this model through Subaru Finance. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Charlie. While dealers cannot lower banks published lease money factors, they are allowed to mark them up to add additional hidden, back-end profit to deals. This is why it is important to find out what the buy rate money factor is for the vehicle that you want to lease prior to leasing it.

It is very important to understand how leasing works to avoid being taken advantage of. Make sure to check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Take a look at them and let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host