Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru B9 Tribeca Lease Questions

Comments

• dara2dara2 Posts: 2
    Hello chuck68516,
    Thank you for detail on such nice deal, I'm in NJ are and looking for a deal for 2009 Tribeca Limited 5pas 39M/10k with same MSRP, can you tell me what dealership your work with. I will be glad to get same deal as you are :)

Thank you
  • rhazrhaz Posts: 4
    I am looking to lease a 2009 Tribeca 5 Pass Limited w/o NAV 12,000 miles per year.
    Does anyone have the June 2009. Money Factor and Residual.
    Thanks
    Car Man
    Do you have the June lease numbers for a Tribeca Limited 5pass with NAV 12,000 miles per year
    Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi rhaz. Subaru's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Tribeca 5 Passenger Limited without navigation with 12,000 miles per year are .00080 and 45%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • cningcning Posts: 1
    I test drove a 2009 Tribeca Limited 7-seat (no nav.;no dvd) today.
    (MSRP- $35,669, the dealer took slightly over $5000 off of MSRP)
    Based on 36-month, 15000 miles/yr and $2500 down, monthly payment including tax is over $530 (the residulal value is 48%).
    Car_man, can you give me some idea if this is too high in Northern VA area and what monthly payment might be reasonable.
    P.S. What's tax rate in VA?
    Thanks
    Have a good weekend
    M
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I believe the tax rate is 5%, but I live in MD so I'm not sure.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,890
    VA tax rate is 3.17%, I think... On the entire selling price...

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Weird. Their sales tax went up to 5% when MD bumped theirs to 6%.

At least it's tax deductible for 2009.
    Hi cning. I'd be happy to work up a sample lease payment on this vehicle for you. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2009 Tribeca Limited 7-Seat without nav or DVD that has an MSRP of $35,669 and a selling price of $30,669 (the $5,000 discount that you mentioned) right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $463.

Wow, that's a lot less than the $530 per month that you were quoted, even if the quote that you received includes sales tax, Something's off on the payment that the dealer gave you. I used a money factor of .00120 and a residual value of 45% to calculate the payment that I came up with.

Car_man
    Host
  • Piaya20Piaya20 Posts: 7
    Hi. I'm looking at leasing a 2009 Tribeca Limited (with DVD and NAV and 3rd row). MSRP is $39112 but negotiated the price for $6K less (this includes the $2500 rebate). Lease is 36 mos / 15k per year. Quote was $640 - state of PA (which has 9% tax). Please advise. Thanks.
    Car Man
    Do you have the July lease numbers for a Tribeca Limited 5pass with out NAV 12,000 miles per year.
    Thanks.
    I sure do, rhaz. Here's the information that you're looking for. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a Tribeca Limited 5 Passenger without navigation with 12,000 miles per year are .00080 and 44%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • slojaveslojave Posts: 1
    Dear Car Man:

I am looking at the Tribeca Limited 2009 for a lease in PA (15K) with 6% PA Taxes. We are putting 5K down. Thanks for any help!
  • hooopshooops Posts: 64
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please provide the lease numbers (mf & resid) for a 7 passenger Special Edition and 7 passenger Limited w/Nav for a 24 month / 15k mi / yr lease. Can you please also list any lease support that's provided.

Thanks
    Hey slojave. I see that you are considering making a $5,000 down payment on the Tribeca that you are interested in leasing. I always advise community members to put as little money down as possible.when leasing. Lessees who make large down payments risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is stolen and never recovered or totaled in an accident. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher, you will be much safer going with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey hooops. Here you go. Chase's (Subie runs all of its special leases through them now) current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Tribeca 7 Passenger Special Edition with 15,000 miles per year are .00120 and 46%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 Tribeca 7 Passenger Limited with 15,000 miles per year are .00140 and 43%, respectively.

I gave you the info for three year leases because Subaru is not currently supporting two year leases. Its money factors for two year terms are much higher, and in turn less attractive, than its two year factors.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • hooopshooops Posts: 64
    Hi Car_man,

Thanks for responding. I was looking for the 24 month numbers (15 k mi/yr). Can you please post those.

Thanks
  • Hey hooops. You definitely do not want to lease an '09 Tribeca for 24 months. Instead of the .00120 money factor that I mentioned, its two year factor is an extremely unattractive .00310. Add to this the fact that you will have to pay more in depreciation every month on a two year lease and I suspect that the payment on oue would be absolutely horrible.

Car_man
    Host
  • My wife is looking to lease a Tribeca Limited with Navigation in December. It has an MSRP of $35690.00 but I assume I can get it for much less. My wife has a 799 credit score, based on todays offers what money factor and residual can I expect to see on this SUV for a 36-39month 10k mi/yr lease? I appreciate all of your time!

Jason
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,195
    My guess is that subaru leases on the tribeca will be brutal---no support. You should be able to get at least 3-5k off msrp. Check truecar.com.