Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru B9 Tribeca Lease Questions

Comments

• We're actually looking at an '06 B9 Tribeca Limited 7 Passenger also and found the following offer on Subaru's website:

Monthly Payment: $299 plus tax.
    Term: 36 months.
    Mileage: 12,000/yr
    Security Deposit: $0
    Down Payment: $2,000
    Acquisition Fee: $595

The only options on these cars seems to be the NAV and DVD, which we're not really interested in. Are these real offers? The deal almost seems to good to be true based on some of the posts in this forum. Is it? Do these cars just not exist without DVD, NAV or a combination of the two?

We actually drove one last night for the first time. Great car, the biggest negatives we saw were the smallish rear window and somewhat limited cargo space compared to the Honda Pilot. Our salesperson wasn't familiar with the pricing offer we discussed (and he basically hung around after hours to assist us), so he said he'd look into it this morning and call us. He did, saw the offer, and said they'd make it work somehow. It's the "somehow" that I wonder about.

Any thoughts? Seems like a great deal, right? Or am I missing something. Even if we don't put anything down, that would bring our payment up about $60 to $360/mo plus tax.
  • css1css1 Posts: 247
    Here is the offer I have before me.

7 Ltd w/puddle lights, splash guards,rear bumper cover, auto dimming mirror, cargo tray, Shock sensor, and aero cross bars.

term: 24 months
    miles: 18K/yr
    MF: .00135
    Residual - 67%

I'm putting down - $500 - subaru CC coupons
    Trade in - $2000.

$1000 rebate from subaru on 7Pass.

Sell price is at invoice.

Monthly payment with Taxes - $404.00

I'm still within the bumper to bumper warranty.

This looks good to me.
  • dara2dara2 Posts: 2
    I have got lease deal from one of NY dealer for:
    2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Ltd. 5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)
    Options included:Crossbar(U6A),Auto-Dimming Mirror/compass info(K6C),Rear bumper cover(P6B),Rear cargo net(M6A)
    color: green or gold or black

MSRP: I started from $32295.00 but never pay attention to it.
    Invoice price: $29998.00 This is the point where you should start talk to your dealer

Term: 36 months
    Miles: 15K/yr
    MF: .0008
    Residual - 57% (57% for 15K/yr and 60% for 12K/yr)
    Down: $0
    Payment: $381.00
    Included: TAX NY 8.375%
    Add: $595.00 bank fee + lic + registration ($235.00 with new plates or $160.00 with old one)

I can include bank fee so my payment will be $397.50 for above deal.
    What do you think? :)
    We should try to compare apples to apples.

My list is about 35K, invoice is 32,500

Also MF's and residuals vary for each trim level.

at 15K/yr my 24 month lease is $378.00

be careful not to have your miles exceed 36K total unless you take an extended warranty which will add to your net cost.

I leased my forester for 3 years/36K but only used 21K - I therefore bought it off lease.

IMO the lease is good only if you bring it back with no more miles left to drive and no more time left to drive them.

I will pay $9696 to use the car(24 MONTHS) for 36K miles.

In the same time You will pay $9540 to use the car for up to 45K miles. But your last year will be expensive if you can't spread out your usage evenly for 3 years.
    Your last year will incur additional warranty costs as well.

Tailoring the lease to your requirements may save you more money than the lease "deal" itself.
  • Hi Car man,

I'd like to get the (1) residual, (2) lease money factor, and (3) estimated monthly payment (with $0 down) for the 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Limited 5-Passenger with Navi, with an MSRP of $35,000 and a selling price of $34,000. I'd like the numbers both for a 36 month, 12,000 miles/year lease and for a 48 month, 12,000 miles/year lease.

Thanks!

Ben
  • Does anyone know if there is lease cash with the 5 or 7 passenger Tribeca's and how much it would be? Thanks
    Until Jan 3rd there is a $1,000 rebate on 7 pass tribecas taken from stock. - purchase or lease.

In addition they are offering up to 500 in either Subaru bucks, or 1st lease payment if you own or are trading in a 2001 Subaru or newer. This is par of their GTP program.

The 7's are a better deal right now.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Congrats, I hope your Subie serves you well.

-juice
    best of luck - enjoy it.
  • I just leased a 7 pass Ltd. w/DVD and NAV, MSRP $39k

$511 at signing
    36 months
    15k miles
    $386/month + tax

Thanks to this forum, I was able to get a great deal. The dealer is Bill Bryan in Orlando.

BTW, love the vehicle! It's replacing a 2003 MDX that is in for its 4th A/C repair (also had to replace the drive shaft) -- I can't take Acura svc. anymore in Orlando, only 1 very busy dealer.

Cheers
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,495
    Congratulations!! That is a killer deal on a $39K car..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• What is the capitalized cost that went on the lease and did you have a trade-in?
  • Cap cost (after $863 of the rebate was applied) was $35030. I had no trade.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Sounds good, congrats on the 'beca!

-juice
  • Hi Ben. If you were to lease a 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Limited 5-Passenger with Navigation through Subaru's captive finance company right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00080 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease should be .00150 and 48%. Using these numbers, an MSRP of $35,000, and a selling price of $34,000, I estimate that this truck should have a 36 month zero down, pre-tax lease payment of around $424 and a 48 month payment of around $435.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • December2005-Leased an 06 Tribeca
    7 pass, DVD, NAV (it was $1000 down and payment is $404.00
    36 months with 15k a year)
    It sounds as if I did not get the greatest deal on the lease after reading this site?

Also has anyone had problems with the black model
    hairline scratches all over the body?
    Your lease was based on the special. Assuming you only paid 1000, out of pocket your payment includes tax,and there was no trade in then according to my unorthodox way of calculating :

the special is:
    36 month / 12K per YR = 299/MO with 2800 due at signing plus taxes and tags.
    Your lease adds 9000 miles @ 100/1000 mi. ($900), 1000 down leaves 1800 + 200 for tags. add the 900 for a total of about $3000 to be rolled into the lease -

Divide 3000 by 36 = 83

299 + 83 x Tax? should equal your monthly

Fill in your exact #'s. If I use 6% as the tax I get 404.92.

This is pretty close for an approximation.

You got a good deal-the other post with the "500" down most probably negotiated a better purchase price.

Your difference is only about $320 after total layout from what I can see.

Another factor to consider is that Invoice prices are different across the country. Regional advertising fees also affect the the selling price.

Enjoy your Tribeca.

Charlie
  • Hi Carman,

I got some numbers from my dealer for a basic
    2006 5 passenger Tribeca with cloth interior.

36 months, $390/month, residual of 58.9% (18,724).
    MSRP = $31,736. He wants 2,000 down + first month's payment. Money factor is .001.

I read somewhere that for every $1000 down it lessens the monthly payment by $50, any truth to this?

Not sure if it's better doing the lease special on the 7 passenger Limited model (as mentioned here) instead of doing this deal he gave me.

Thanks.
    Money down on a lease: Every $1000 lowers the payment by approximately $30/mo on a 36 month lease..

This payment doesn't look all that "special", compared to the deals I see advertised on the more expensive models..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

• raybearraybear Posts: 1,776
    That's strange, there's no 58.9% residual and the rate should be .0008.

Usually $1000 down as a cap reduction gives back $30.
  • Yep, that's what I thought too. Is the $299/month lease on the 7 passenger still going on? I went to the Subaru website and it's not there anymore.
  • I've been seeing .0008 too posted here. As for the residual, that's what was given to me $18724.
    I still see it there... $299/mo. with 2893 due at signing.. Click on financing, then special offers.. then enter your zip code...

• Question...with current SOA lease deal for $2849 down and $299 per month for Tribeca, what price is the dealer selling the vehicle for? I have a long standing relationship at my dealer that they will sell me a vehicle at invoice. Is it being sold for invoice?

Thanks
  • Ask the dealer what the capitalized price is on the lease.

They have to tell you
  • I will ask dealer when the time comes, but just for curiosity, when SOA has a special like the $2849 down and $299 per month what are dealers selling the vehicle for? Is SOA expecting them to sell at invoice or is SOA supporting with money and dealer is making normal profit margin?
  • raybearraybear Posts: 1,776
    I don't have the paperwork in front of me but I think SOA has the dealers discounting $1500 off the car and the customer paying $1999 up front, with fees that $2849 makes sense.

There's a special on the Tribeca for President's Day, extra dealer cash so expect a better deal than you were already quoted.
  • Charlie
    thanks for the reply
    I do enjoy the tribe
    By the have you noticed (as I am in the NorthEast)
    and slippage of the wheels on icy road
    even though the stablization feature is active and I am only going 30 mph on straight road
    Just curious.
    thanks
  • I am happy with my B9, but being a first time subie owner, I do not see what all the hoopla is about the AWD system. 15 years ago I had a Grand Cherokee that as I remember it was a better performer (on road)on snow and ice than my 06 B9.

I can throw it into a sharp turn and floor it simultaneously and the wheels will start spinning on the snow and not stop until I back off the throttle. It appears that the engine controls never kick in to dial back the torque.

Is that normal?
    If all your wheels are on ice at the same time then your SOL. The VDC, as I understand it moves traction and braking to the wheels " with grip"

In the 90's I had a Cherokee and experienced black ice - It was raining lightly but the ground was still frozen from a very cold single digit night. The roads were completely covered with Ice - for miles!!

From a speed of about 10 MPH it took me at least 1500 ft. to stop - 4WD, AWD NWD. everybody had to stop and wait about 30-45 min until the temp rose. Some people had to go up on a lawn to stop. Others used the curbs.

30MPH on ice is dangerous for any SUV.