Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru B9 Tribeca Lease Questions

Comments

• tribeca4metribeca4me Posts: 6
    WOW,great job on this deal! What was the cap price you negotiated?
  • I just got off the phone with Obrien Subaru in Ft. Myers, FL for the second time. I explained to the salesperson a deal that someone received on a 7 pass ltd Tribeca with DVD and Nav of $393 month including tax for 36/12k a year. He took the info and contacted me back about 15 minutes later. He mentioned the lease deals on the base model is what I probably saw. I then explained to him the deal I gave him is an actual deal from a real person. He then put me on the phone with his sales manager. The sales manager started quoting me crazy prices. He told me there was a 9K difference between the 5 passenger ltd and the 7 pass ltd. He said he could do 36/15k on sign and drive on 5pass limited for 378 which is the same as another poster on here. I then asked him what would be the payment on the 7 passenger. He told me $563. I asked him why there was such a huge difference he said the 7 passenger was over 41K. I didn't believe what he had told me so when he hung up I checked the obrien subaru website to see the actual difference. The difference was only a little over 4K. I called them back up to find out what the 5K discrepancy was. He told me the internet prices are not the real world. He said the internet MSRP prices are only tools and should not be taken as truth. I asked him for his name because I did not feel the sales manager was dealing with me in good faith. He told me he did not have to give me his name. I then said "you are the sales manager of a Ft. Myers dealership you are supposed to give me your name. He then hung up. This was the most unprofessional I have ever seen a car dealer act. I did not know the owner of a dealership would hire someone like this. I have never owned a subaru before and more than likely never will. I believe this is my 4th lease and I have never seen anything like that of Obrien Subaru in Ft. Myers.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi njmdx. This truck's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you are able to drive it. If you are interested in a typical 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease of a base 2006 B9 Tribeca 7-Passenger model, its current buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00160 and 53%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take into account the $2,500 lease cash that is currently available on it into account. This significant cash incentive will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • raybearraybear Posts: 1,776
    A word of caution here, not all regions will have the same incentives.
    Hello ultrasales. You never mentioned the selling price of the Tribeca that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you let me know what its selling price is. You should be able to get an idea of how much you may pay by visiting the following discussion: "Subaru B9 Tribeca: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

As far as this vehicle's lease program goes, if you were to lease an '06 Subaru B9 Tribeca 7-Passenger Limited with DVD and Navigation through its captive finance company right now for 35 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00140 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome tribeca4me. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Vehicles' residual values are always based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized. This truck's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you are allowed to drive it. For now I will provide you with info for a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. These seem to be the most common lease terms. Let me know if you want the numbers for a different term or mileage allowance. If you were to lease a base 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 5-Passenger through its captive finance company right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00120 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a base 7-Passenger model are .00160 and 53%. When negotiating the selling price of the Tribeca that you want to lease, keep in mind that Subaru is providing $2,500 lease cash on it this month.

Car_man
    Host
    You're right, raybear. Thanks for the feedback. However, I have seen Subaru's incentives for several regions and its lease cash for the Tribeca was $2,500 in all of them this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man is this months lease terms better than last months lease terms on the Tribeca 7 pass B9 limited with DVD and Nav? Thanks
  • subienewbie2subienewbie2 Posts: 458
    Hi Car_man

On what number is the current 53% depreciation rate calculated on? Is it on the total MSRP price or on the negotiated capitalized price.

I would think it would be on the MSRP since that is a fixed and standard number, am I correct?
  • Car Man,
    My local Soob dealer sent me an email that says he would sell for $200 over invoice which would represent about $31650 with Popular Equip Group 2 and Protection Group 2 and the sub/amplifier on a base 7-pass version. I am willing to put $2000 down in addition to the lease cash (2500) that's available. What could I expect to pay per month then on 36 mos with 15K per year?
    Thanks so much for your help--my wife thanks you too--she's pullin for the Subie.

Mike
  • force99force99 Posts: 13
    I have been offered the following lease deal via an internet quote from a dealership in Denver:

Tribeca 5-PAX Limited w/NAV, MSRP $35,896
    Sell price (including incentives) $31,000
    36 months, 12k miles a year
    $0 out of pocket (dealership pays first month's payment)
    $411 a month before taxes.
    Fair deal?
    Thanks!
  • ajfitzerajfitzer Posts: 30
    Chancey- You have got to have thicker skin. I contacted at least 15 dealers in a 50 miles radius before I found one who I felt was worthwhile. It is a numbers game. The trucks are available. I went to the different dealer websites, and looked at inventory (which they do list). You can do this by doing a dealer search on Subaru.com, and it will link you to the websites. Then I e-mailed at least 30 dealers and let them know what I was looking for. I started getting phone calls with quotes, and worked from there. I did not step foot into a dealership (outside of a test drive) until I had a written quote via e-mail. I have done this with my last three leases and negotiated very solid leases as a result.

I never negotiate my leases at a dealership. Being in sales I know I am at a dissadvantage right off the bat. I am on there turf, with the car already in front of me, and it takes nerve after your already there to walk away. That is why I never go in with the intent to lease UNTIL I have the numbers worked out either via fax or e-mail with the dealer. It has worked like a charm! A good book on this is The Motley Fool - You have more than you think. Their advice was priceless.
  • rtimmrtimm Posts: 3
    So far after emailing and faxing with a number of dealers I got this offer

B9 Tribeca 5 pass limited
    Satin White Pearl
    B2 package
    rear cargo tray and net
    splash guards
    puddle lights

MSRP $33,875
    12,000 mile 36 month lease
    $363 per month $363 at signing
    $373 with sign and drive

Any good or can I still get a better deal?
  • cacmancacman Posts: 40
    Here is what I got 2+ months ago - MSRP approx 38,500 - limited with nav, res, puddle lights, etc. My lease for 36 months and 12k miles per year is 363.59 plus 10 % pa tax - total monthly 399.95 - I had to give them 1st pmt and licence fees etc when I picked up the car - approx 550.00 - I think I did ok - By the way, I love the car -
  • AJ,

I acutally have thicker skin than you think. I was used to sell cars for a living with Toyota, Saturn, Buick, and Mitsubishi. I know how these guys work but this was the first time I ever even heard of a manager not giving his name. Our managers would have been fired for sure if they did that. I am starting to get the runaround by all these dealers now. The subaru dealer in Lakeland quoted me a lease of 583 for 3/45 lease on a 7 pass limited DVD/Nav B9. That is a ton more than what one of our posters got their 398 a month B9 7 pass limited for. I have emailed 5 dealers and they are within a 100 mile radius.
  • Just got off the phone with my dealer and have worked him down to this (36 mos and 15 K per year):
    $2000 total down and $310 per month out the door on a base 7 pass with dimming mirror, bumper cover, wheel locks.

Or $329 per month on a limited 7 pass with the pretty much the same add-ons.

Both monthly payments and down payment include all taxes and fees etc. Maybe I am crazy, but from what I'm reading, I might be able to do even better ! ? ! ?
    Any thoughts?
    Mike
    I think you can do better - I would NOT put any money down on a lease - That $ 2k down is costing you $ 56.00 per month ( not counting interest ), therefore your payment is $ 385.00 per month for a limited without the toys ( nav, res ) - Keeping trying/looking
  • Just starting to look at the b9, where is the 2,500 tricbeca incentives located. are they for the 7-pass ltd or the 5-pass ltd. any info would be helpful.

tx tribeca shopper
  • viper2viper2 Posts: 38
    Hi Car_man and everyone,

I stopped by the Subaru dealer today. The salesperson said that there is $2500 lease cash on the 7 pass model and $2000 on the 5 pass model. He didn't say anything about base vs Limited and navi vs no navi. Can you confirm that these amounts are just based on the number of passengers and not anything else?

As for the money factors and residuals, would it be possible to list all the different money factors and residuals for 5 vs 7 pass, base vs limited, and 12k vs 15k miles per year? I see from your earlier posts that a 7 passenger model will cost me more in terms of interest and lower residual (in addition to price).

With everything on one post, you won't have to retype the same numbers when replying to multiple people. Hopefully, you can just refer them to Post #X for the figures.

Lastly, how does the B9's current lease program compare to last month's program? I have a lease that is up at the end of July. The salesperson I spoke to today suggested that I return the car early but I don't really see any gain in that unless the program completely disappears after July 5th.

Thanks for your help. And, btw, you might remember me from a bunch of posts in the Honda Pilot leasing forum in late April and early May. I just want you to know that those numbers were for a friend of mine. He ended up leasing his Pilot on the last day of April. I don't want you to think that I go around harassing you for a different car every other day! It'll just be this month and next.

Thanks,

Peter
    check out my post # 159 in this forum and my post # 291 in prices paid/buying experience - Good luck, and let us know how it all turns out.