Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Forester Lease Questions

Comments

• I would love to make this deal with a local dealer, and would certainly be willing to travel to get it. The only dealer I went to stated the MF was .00250, and wanted invoice price for the car.

Where are you located? Is this a signed/sealed deal you are speaking of? What dealer was this? Help us out! Thanks!
  • I've been working directly with internet sales. I'm going into the dealership tomorrow to sign the paperwork. I will let you know if it actually comes to fruition. I'm leery
  • I'm sure I'm not the only one who would really appreciate that information. Either way, do let us know how it goes. Thank you!
  • cdnj1cdnj1 Posts: 16
    Hi all...

Looking to replace a Legacy (coming off lease in early Jan) with a new Forester.

Dealer I'm working with is quoting (first) remaining 2010 models with prices under invoice (selling price $23557 | Invoice $24157 | MSRP $25824) for a 2010 2.5x Premium.

A few questions:
    1. sound like a fair price for a 2010 now that 2011 are hitting lots?
    2. what do I give up (or gain) by going 2010 over 2011?
    3. what is Dec money factor on 2010 (and 2011 if different)
    4. what are residuals on 2010 and 2011 2.5x premium for 10k and 12k respectively
    5. The lease I'm returning is about 10k miles under on total mileage - does this give me any negotiating power (across dealers perhaps if they are looking to buy and resell)?

Thanks all!
  • Hi cdnj1. Given the fact that Subaru is not currently providing much in the way of cash incentives on the Forester, a selling price of under invoice is a very good deal.

Subaru's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Forester 2.5X Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00095 and 54%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00215 and 61%.

The residual values for leases with only 10,000 miles per year are 1% higher.

I don't think that the fact that your current vehicle is so far under our mileage allowance will help you in your negotiations for a new one, but you can always see if the dealer is interested in your vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • what is the MF and residual on 15k forester xt touring?

thank you
  • Hey mwahlert. Subaru's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Forester XT Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • peteyboy30peteyboy30 Posts: 34
    edited February 2011
    Howdy again, Car_man!

Ok, due to some unforeseen financial stuff, I never did pull the trigger on that Forester. But, now that's changed, and if you'd be so kind, I'd appreciate hearing what the MF and residual is on 2011 Forester 2.5X, 36 months, 12k miles. Also, when calculating the lease should I be adding the acquisition fee ($595) and the delivery charge ($720) to the "additional costs" section of a lease calculator, or just add it onto the net cap cost, or does it make any difference? Lastly, what about PZEV? The last dealer with said they didn't charge extra for it, but Edmunds lists it as a seperate line item... thoughts? Thank you SO much for all your time!
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    In PZEV states, at least, the warranty for the emissions related content is much longer. Could be more durable, perhaps?

It's $300 extra but you also get 5hp and guilt-free driving.

We got PZEV and have no regrets. $60 per horse is cheap.
  • I don't want to badger Car_Man, so I'm wondering if anyone else has recently leased a 2.5x and could advise me what money factor and residual they got? I used Truecar.com to get in touch with a couple of dealers, who for some reason seem to be selling below what Truecar is saying the dealer cost is. I'll see how this goes, and report back. But one dealer told me the residual was 62%, and I thought it was 65%. Any info anyone could provide within the past month, maybe 2, would be very helpful. Thanks!
  • Hi again peteyboy30. Here you go.

Subaru's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Forester 2.5X with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 61%, respectively.

The destination charge should be included in your vehicle's MSRP and selling price.

You can either pay the acquisition fee at signing or add it into the "additional costs" section that you mentioned to bake it into your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • have the rates changed for feb?

thanks!!
  • I am looking to find the money factor and residual value on a 2011 Forester Limited edition, 15,000 miles per year.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
  • Car_man: Please don't wish me ill, but I was wondering if you have March's numbers, if they are different from February's ? Again 2011 Forester 2.5x 12k/36 months. Thank you SO much. I am 99% sure this is FINALLY the month I pull the trigger on this car. Good news for you... I won't be bothering you for another 3 years :)
  • Hi, I'm looking to lease a new 2.5 XT touring (no navi) for 36 months/12K and would appreciate if anyone knows the current MF and residual. Many thanks. J
  • Anyone know the MF and Residual rate on a 2011 2.5 XT touring (no navi) for 36 months/12K ?

Would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi plasticmoonrai. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Forester Limited with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    It's no bother at all peteyboy30. Subaru's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Forester 2.5X with 12,000 miles per year are .00135 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi JimmyVegas11. Subaru's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Forester XT Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00165 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • weswazweswaz Posts: 8
    Looking for the money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease and 10,0000 mile per year on 2011 Forester 2.5x Premium and 2.5xt Premium.

Thanks,
    Wes
  • Hi,

What is the money factor and residual for a 2011 forester Limited?

MSRP 28,277
    Selling Price is 25,200

Thanks
    You're very welcome JimmyVegas11.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, Wes. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Forester 2.5X Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00175 and 62%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Forester 2.5 XT Premium are .00180 and 62%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi fb25forester. Subaru's current buy rate for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Forester 2.5X Limited is .00190.

Car_man
    Host
  • uofafan7uofafan7 Posts: 2
    Does anyone know the money factor and residual percentage on a 2011 Subaru Forrester 2.5X Automatic Premium? Looking for 10,000 miles per year. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Hi uofafan7. Subaru's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Forester 2.5X Premium Auto with 10,000 miles per year are .00165 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • I am researching to get more information before leasing a Subaru 2.5x in Westchester, NY.
    This is my first Subaru and would appreciate responses from the knowledgeable members on this board:

1. What is the MF and Residual for the 2.5x? are these negotiable?
    2. Is the MF and Residual calculated on the MSRP or the Adj Cap Cost? (one dealer told on MSRP?)
    3. Do the rules of 'hardball negotiating' of buying apply to leasing a car as well? That is, should I know the dealer incentive/holdbacks etc to calculate the final cost when negotiating the final lease price with the dealer?
    4. Are there add-ons other than $795 bank fees and $200 for new plates to the final price?
    5. Is it true that the 2.5x has now been officially replaced by the the 2.5SE (the so-called 'Alloy Wheel Package')?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi suforsogood. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Forester 2.5X with 15,000 miles per year are .00100 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. These numbers vary by term and mileage allowance. They are not negotiable, in that these are the best available numbers that the dealer is allowed to use. Having said that, make sure that the dealer is using the correct money factor to calculate your vehicle's payment because dealers are occasionally allowed to mark vehicles' factors up to add additional back-end profit to deals.

Vehicles' residual values are calculated based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized. Make sure to check out the following article for more information on how lease payments are calculated: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

When leasing a vehicle is is important to negotiate an attractive selling price, just like you would if you were paying cash for or financing it.

I believe that it is possible to get a 2.5X without Alloy Wheels.

Car_man
    Host
  • zitro70zitro70 Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man, I am about to lease a 2011 Forester 2.5x Limited, MSRP $ 27,900 for 36 mos, 12k/year with $1,500 (inceptions,etc) and the number they gave me is $420 a month. Does this sounds high? I would like to know the money factor and residual value for August for this particular model. Any advise will be appreciated, Thank you
This discussion has been closed.