Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Forester Lease Questions

Comments

• Does Subaru/Chase offer 4 year leases? If so, does the money factor generally go up or down as the term increases.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    The A3 is much smaller, but those sure are nice. You got a Fronttrak? I'm not surprised you paid less, the Forester is bigger than the Audi Q5.
  • Hello Car Man,

I am interested in leasing a 2009 or 2010 Forester 2.5X (automatic) base model.
    I'd like to know current MF and RV for 24 month lease. I am already in contact with two local dealerships via the internet and would like to make sure they are giving me the correct numbers. Thank you very much!
  • Hello again,

I contacted Cerritos Subaru regarding leasing a 2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X (auto). Here is what they came up with:

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X
    Color: Black or Sage Green
    RETAIL MSRP: $ 22,700.00
    Your Eprice: $ 21,444.00

24 month lease
    Residual for 15k is 65%
    Money Factor is 0.00355
    With $1000 down
    Monthly payment is $429+tax for 24 months

I personally think this is high, although i punched in the numbers using a lease calculator and the monthly payment seemed pretty accurate. At this price, I almost would rather purchase the vehicle. I think some people who purchased their Foresters even have a payment less than this. I just need feedback on where I could still bargain and what else I can ask for. Thanks a lot.
    Can you stretch to a 3 year lease? Residuals don't go down much, but the payment will.
  • Hi thanks for your reply. I am not really interested in a 36 month lease as I plan on purchasing a vehicle in approximately two years. Just need to graduate from my Master's program in two years then I'm ready to purchase.

No luck in getting Cerritos Subaru to make a more decent offer. :(
    Take that extra year to save up. You gotta work first, then earn, then buy the new car! :D

Just kidding, do what you want.
  • You have a very good point. I will sleep on it! =)

Thanks for all your help!

Car man,
    Could you please post current MF and RV for 12k/15k Subaru Forester 2.5X for 24mo and 26 mo? thanks!
  • Hi All,
    Can someone proived (car man, hint hint) with the money factor and deprec.% on an '10 Forester XT Limited with Navigation?

The MSRP including destination is $30,990. I figure I can get him/her down to $29,500.

Also, has anyone noticed little differenc between the middle cars and luxury cars in lease price lately?? I went to Honda and they quoted me $570 a month for the Pilot EXL with Navi. For another $60 a month I'll get a Mercedes. No thanks.
    I remember when there was a much wider gape in $$ between Hondas/Nissans/Toyotas and Lexus/Accura/Merc etc etc.
    Just throwing it out for conversation.

Thanks Much,
    CJ
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi dataport. Subaru does offer support on 4 year leases of most models, but its 48 month money factors are not quite as attractive as its 36 or 39 month factors are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi gigoypotpot. Subaru is not currently providing support on 24 month leases of any model. As a result, you would be much better off going with a 36 month lease of this vehicle. Chase's (Subaru runs all of its special leases through them now) current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Forester 2.5X with 15,000 miles per year are .00230 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical '09 model are .00075 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi gigoypotpot. I can understand why you wouldn't want anything longer than a two year lease, but it just doesn't make sense to lease any Subaru for two years right now. Subaru is not really providing much in the way of support on two year leases right now. As a result, lessees who go with a two year deal have to pay a much higher interest rate than those who go with a three year lease.

Subaru's August buy rate lease money factor for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Forester 2.5X was .00275, which is equivalent to an interest rate of around 6.6%. Compare this to its three year money factor for this model of .00075, or 1.8% and going with a three year lease is a no brainer, even if one really doesn't need the extra twelve months.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey gigoypotpot. See my previous post for the difference between the money factors for 24 and 36 month leases of this model. As far as its residual values go, Subaru's August 24 month, 15,000 mile per year resid for a 2009 Forester 2.5X was 59%. The resid for an otherwise identical 36 month lease was 53%. I believe that the 12,000 mile per year residual values for this model would be 1% higher.

Subaru is scheduled to introduce its new September lease program sometime today. Let me know if you're interested in what the new program is like.

Car_man
    Host
  • Ha :D , despite its subtlety I got the hint, CJ. Subaru's August lease program just expired yesterday. It is scheduled to introduce a new September program at some point today. For now, I will provide you with the Aug. info. Let me know if you want the new Sept. numbers.

Subaru's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Forester XT Limited with Navigation and 15,000 miles per year were .00230 and 58%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

As far as the Pilot goes, a couple of months ago for some reason Honda decided to pull the plug on its support for most trucks. As a result, the Pilot is an absolutely terrible vehicle to lease right now. It's not a bad truck, but for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would get a Pilot when there is a ton of other nice trucks out there that have much better deals available on them right now. I am surprised that Pilot sales have held up as well as they have.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks Much, Car Man!
    Can you provide the Subaru Forester XT with Navi details when they're released for Sept? 15,000 and 36months.
    I'm heading to the dealership later in Sept and need some amo!
    You're the best.
    Thanks,
    -CJ
  • Could really use these too! Shopping this weekend and next....Thank you.
  • No problem CJ. Subaru's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Forester XT Limited and 15,000 miles per year are .00210 and 58%, respectively.

What's the inventory situation like in your area right now? I've heard that most Subaru dealers are running pretty lean right now after several consecutive months of record sales.

Car_man
    Host
  • I'm 10 months into a 36 month lease on a 2009 Subaru Forester. I like the car alot and for financial reasons, am considering buying out the lease early from Chase. Has anyone had any prior experience with this and if so, what should I be looking at to determine if it's in my best interest to do so. Thanks.
  • Car Man

What are the September lease rates for a 2010 Forester Premium X automatic. The lease on my 08' is up and I'm considering a new one.

Thanks
    Garybob
  • I can't answer your question but I can recommend penfed for the loan. As edmunds suggested in an earlier article, they do refinance at quite a low rate.
This discussion has been closed.