Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Forester Lease Questions

Comments

• tijuana19tijuana19 Posts: 40
    edited March 2013
    Shouldn't doubt Car_Man.
    MF .00160 and residual 66% confirmed by my local dealer today :shades:
  • steine13steine13 Posts: 2,409
    Sixty-six is insane... sounds like great lease deal.

The benefits of leasing a brand-new model.

-Mathias
    edited March 2013
    At that rate, if you can get it at invoice, you are looking at $297 +tax per mo. (12k@36) if my lease calculator is correct, I think that is really really good.
  • cliffpozcliffpoz Posts: 51
    Sorry car man but I was looking forc2014 xt touring mf and residual. 36 months and 10k miles per year.

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    You're very welcome tijuana19.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi smokey100. We're talking about a 2014 model here, not the 2013. I am sure that Chase's 36-month, 12,000 mile per year resid for a '14 Forester XT Premium is indeed 66%. this is only for the Premium trim level, it's between 62% and 64% for most other '14 Forester trims.

Car_man
    Host
    Yeah, how dare you :P .

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cliffpoz. Chase's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 Forester XT Touring with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 63% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_Man,

As you can see I am cross-shopping the Forester XT Premium against the CX-5 GT, if you get news of the new april lease rates for a 2014 Forester Premium XT - 36 month lease 12k/15k can you please update us? I am ready to pull the trigger on the best deal I can get, both cars are awesome.

Thanks!
  • bumbsybumbsy Posts: 2
    Hi folks, I'm pricing out a fully loaded 2014 Forester XT Touring. The price I was quoted was $2,500 down / $429 per month / 36 months. That seems about $100 higher per month than I anticipated. I've been eyeing this car for about six months, and I do want it, but this is Lexus RX territory. Has anyone else been quoted prices for the XT Touring? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
  • cliffpozcliffpoz Posts: 51
    Was quoted $475/month $0 down, 36 months, 10k miles with NYC taxes rolled in. I passed as price was way too high.
  • rmervaurmervau Posts: 10
    Best thing you ever did..was WALK! You should be able to leas that vehicle with those terms (actually get 15,000 miles per year for a round $265 per month.. if the dealer balks find another one.
    Hello tijuana19. Chase's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 Forester Premium XT with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 65% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    65%? Have they lost their marbles? Aren't most cars under 50%?
  • steine13steine13 Posts: 2,409
    They may just want to have a lot of sales early, to have the cars out there when they're fresh. It's not unusual to have sales on brand-new models, esp. the halo kind (XT).

I do agree it's nuts. I should get one... $3,200 in Subie bucks... that would be one heck of a lease :)

-Mathias
    Thanks Car_Man. Just leased a Forester XT Premium over the weekend. Got 65% residual and .00160 for 36 @ 15k just like you said:

2014 Forester Premium MSRP: $29,759 (incl $895 destination and $939 in port installed options.)
    Invoice: $27,714
    Sale price: $27,814

Monthly lease: $311 + tax :shades:

Out of pocket only 595 acquisition fee, 80 doc fee and license/tags.
    No trade-in involved, zero down payment, no warranties, no mark ups.

It would have been awesome if I could have gone below invoice, but the XT Premium is difficult to get a hold off right now, specially in socal, so price is fair I guess.

lease @12k/36 would have been $7 less per month, so the 15k is a no-brainer.

Thanks for all the help car_man, your info about the high residual for the subie swayed me over from the CX-5. The forester at this price is a much better value.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    On a low mile 24 month lease, they may pay you!
  • benji123benji123 Posts: 61
    Hi Car_man,

2 questions:

(1) On that 36 month lease (2.0 XT Premium), what would the residual be for 10K and 12K miles?

(2) What would the MF and Resid be for a 24-month lease (10K and 12K)?

Thanks!

Ben
    No kidding, the '14 Forester's residual values are excellent ateixeira. The funny thing is that Subaru actually doesn't lease many vehicles. I'm leasing one right now. You aren't going to find many reasonably sized AWD models for less.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome tijuana19. Can you imagine a fairly large AWD vehicle like the Forester for just over $300 per month. Amazing. This car is absolutely a great value. Enjoy your new ride :)!

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.