Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
edited January 28 in Subaru
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Subaru Impreza. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• Hi Car man,

I'm interested in a 2006 WRX or WRX Limited, and I'm trying to decide whether it's a better deal to lease or purchase (finance). If I were to lease, it would be 36 mos, 36,000 miles. Is Subaru giving any kind of decent support for this type of lease?

Ben
  • Hi Ben. Subaru's current lease program on the 2006 Impreza is just so so. If you were to lease a 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Base Sedan through its captive finance company right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00230 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2006 Impreza WRX Limited Sedan should be .00255 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • tinycadontinycadon Posts: 287
    If I were to purchase my vehicle before the end of my lease is up would there be any additional fees and charges besides the original purchase option fee? If there is a substantial charge I have a second question. I just leased an impreza for 48 months, but the finance manager messed up the paperwork and the leasing co. wouldn't accept as is and now they want me to come in and resign the paperwork. Would I be in my rights to request a shorter lease term at this point in time, say 24 or 36 mo's instead, or am I still bound by the original contract even though the finance co. rejected the paperwork as is?
  • Hi again car man,

What are the October lease rates for the 2006 Impreza WRX and WRX TR, for terms of 36 months, 12,000 mi.per year, and 48 months, 12,000 mi per year?

Also, does it appear that Subaru is just pushing purchases right now (is there better support for purchase financing than for leasing these models)?

Thanks again,

Ben
  • Hi tinycadon. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates, even if you intend to keep your vehicle. It often turns out that it costs more purchase leased vehicles than they are worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments.

If your lease application was never officially accepted by the bank that the dealer was trying to run it through there is a good chance that you would be able to get them to change the length of your lease. Keep in mind though that altering the length of your lease will have an impact upon its monthly payment. Shorter leases tend to have higher payments than longer leases do.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi again Ben. If you were to lease a 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan through its captive finance company right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00230 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease should be .00230 and 50%.

If you were to lease a 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR for 36 months, with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00245 and 59%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease should be .00220 and 49%, respectively.

As far as conventional financing go, Subaru has special rates of 1.9% for 24 months, 2.9% for 36 months, 3.9 for 48 months, and 4.9% for 60 to 72 months on the 2006 Impreza right now. These rates are a little better than Subaru's lease money factors for this car, which are equivalent to interest rates of a little over 5%.

Car_man
    Host
  • I have a few prices from the local Subaru dealers on a WRX TR. The best price I have been quoted so far is $23K. Does anybody plan on cross shopping the '06 Saab when it comes out? I like the looks of the Saab a bit better and with the deep discounts GM has been offering plus free maintenance for something like 2 years, the Saab version could be a relative bargain. Assuming of course that it will have the same upgrades that the WRX got this year (brakes, wheels, engine).
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    The big question mark is price. Saab has been all over the place. At first the price was way, way too high. Then, with employee pricing, it was a bargain. Now, with "value pricing", we'll have to wait and see.

-juice
  • ggergggerg Posts: 1
    I am trying to find the money factors and residuals for leasing a WRX Sport Wagon (NOT the Limited version), for both 36 and 48 months, with 15K miles per year. Can anyone help? I'm in NC if that makes any difference. Thanks.
  • Hi ggerg. I should be able to help you out. If you were to lease a 2006 Subaru WRX Sport Wagon (not the Limited Edition) through its captive finance company right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00200 and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease should be .00230 and 46%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man,

I am interested in leasing a 2006 WRX Sedan. (1) What are the lease money factor and residual value for 24 months/12,000 miles per year and 36 months/12,000 miles per year? (2) Are the numbers the same for the Limited model?

Thanks
  • Hello Car_man,

I was trying to find the leasing information currently on the 2006 wrx or wrx tr sedan. For a 36 month lease at 12,000 miles a year.

Thank You
  • I noticed that the Subaru site doesn't have any information about leasing a 2005 new car, but is this still possible? My dealer has one on the lot and I should be able to get a really good deal on it through the VIP program. I just can't afford the payments on the total amount if I purchase it outright (just bought an '06' Forester for my wife). If it is possible, anyone know the details?
  • yoxxyyoxxy Posts: 2
    I have a small dent on the front panel of the car and estimates have said it will cost 300$ to fix. The car is otherwise in good shape and has been taken in for all of the services, tires are new, below milage etc. The lease is through Chase automotive and on numerous other threads it has said that they allow a variance in damages of a certain amount. Sometimes $500 or $1,000. What is the variance on a 2002 Subaru WRX or is it standard through all leases or Chase, or will I just be better fixing the dent myself or having Subaru do it when I turn it in.
  • Hi benji123. If you were to lease a 2006 Subaru WRX Sedan through its captive finance company right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00245 and 67%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00215 and 57%. No, the numbers are not the same for the limited model. Its numbers would be .00255 / 63% for 24 months and .00255 / 54% for 36 months.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello dmbmay98. If you were to lease a 2006 Subaru WRX Sedan through its captive finance company right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00215 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '06 WRX TR Sedan should be .00235 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi jibjabjobu. Unfortunately, Subaru is not currently leasing 2005 models through its captive finance company. Most automakers have discontinued their lease support on leftover models by this point. This is because vehicles' residual values gradually fall as the model year progresses. By this late in the model year, their residual values are so low that it becomes too expensive for manufacturers to provide enough support on them to make their monthly payments reasonable. You may be able to find an independent bank that is still leasing '05 models, but you probably would be better off financing or paying cash for the 2005 model year Subaru that you are interested in. If you want to lease, go with a 2006 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • dassdass Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

I'm trying to get a 2006 Impreza 2/5i wagon on a 2 year lease with the Subaru program.
    Subaru seems to have a deal going on this vehicle right now.
    Can you please give me the money factor and the residual value. Also is the residual value a percentage of the MSRP or the VIP price.

Please also let me know of other fees, taxes etc. that I might need to pay every month.

Thanks,
    dosa
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi dosa. If you were to lease a 2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Wagon through its captive finance company right now for 2 years with 15,000 miles per, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00130 and 54%, respectively. Vehicles' residual values are always based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including destination charges. If you choose to lease this vehicle, at lease signing you will have to pay your first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, Subaru's $595 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man,

Can you tell me what Subaru's money factor and residual looks like currently for a WRX Limited Wagon, 36mos/12K per year?

Thanks