Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza Lease Questions

Comments

• mamamia2mamamia2 Posts: 698
    Yes, the hatchback was a little more expensive to lease, but we wanted it, not the sedan which is not only less sexy (much less sexy....) but also longer, and size was a consideration here (parking in a tight, narrow building garage).

But I'd like to know what others are thinking, based on their experience.... Is this a good deal? Should we go for it? We pay only first payment plus license plates and registration, which go to the state.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,704
    I don't think you can beat that on a hatch...

I leased the sedan because it was cheap... I'd rather have the hatch, too.. :)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• mamamia2mamamia2 Posts: 698
    Thanks.... I was a bit surprised as to how less expensive the Impreza was to lease, compared to rivals like Mazda 3.... The guy told me Subarus keep their residual value better than other cars, these days...

I was also surprised to get this one particular dealer's prices, significantly lower than 2 other Subaru dealers in my area... He was also extremely professional and responsive to my emails, straight forward and honest, both while corresponding via email, on the phone and when meeting him.
  • The best quote I received on an Impreza 5 door was $240 including tax on a 36 month. I got a quote on an '09 Legacy Special Edition for $228 on a 24 month lease. I like the Impreza a lot but the Legacy is more car for about the same money.
  • No problem, carrerah. Subaru's January buy rate lease money factor for the 2009 WRX is now .00280.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi kspr. Subaru doesn't seem to be providing lease support on 24 month leases of the 2009 Impreza right now. Its 24 month buy rate for this car is an unattractive .00305. You will be much better off going with a 36 month lease and the .00160 money factor that is available for that term.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man:
    I am also interested in the Subaru Impreza on the 36 month lease.
    Can you tell us the residual for the Impreza 2.5i Premium with automatic
    for the 4 door and the 5 door? and is the .00160 money factor good on both?
  • Car man - I live in northern NJ and am looking to lease an Impreza Outback Sport with remote starter and ipod adapter. Can I get an idea of how much they sell for? Approximately what should my monthly lease payment be over a 36 month period? What might the residual be after 3 years? As a side I can't believe this car doesn't come with a sunroof. Nice car though. Thanks!
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, everlasting. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium 4-Door with 15,000 miles per year are .00220 and 61%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 5-Door model are .00220 and 56% (wow the resid. for the wagon is a lot lower).

The .00160 money factor is only available on base i.e. non-Premium models.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi wonwayout. This car's lease payment will vary depending upon what its MSRP and selling price are. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. For now I will work up a sample lease payment on this car for you using an MSRP of $22,315 and a selling price of $21,079 (just under dealer invoice).

Using these prices, I estimate that this car will have a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $313.

I used a residual value of 56% (of MSRP) to calculate this payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Much less for $12,000 miles per year? Thanks!
  • forget the $ sign... :) 12,000 miles per year.
  • Can you tell me the lease numbers for the 09 WRX?

What's the residual and money factor (10 or 12k lease), 3 years. Edmunds lists a plethora of deals and the Subaru site mentions 339 a month.

By my best guess, it's 0.0023 MF and 61% residual for 10k.

Thanks!
  • r129r129 Posts: 2
    I'm in Western NY and looking at a 2.5i base, 36 month lease. I'm wondering what the difference in MF and residual is between the 4-door and 5-door for both 12k and 15k per year terms. Also, is there a difference between manual and auto? Thank you!
  • "Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Impreza 2.5i 4-Door base with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 61%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 5-Door base model are .00160 and 56%. The 12,000 mile lease would add 1% to the residual."

This is from Car_Man's post Feb. 12th. Right above your question. Pretty sure nothing has changed in 4 days.
  • Thanks but that's for a 2.5 and the lease rates on the 2.5 and WRX are quite different. They're totally different cars. When I heard from the dealer yesterday regarding leasing rates they had a far worse money factor (equivalent of about about 5.5% or 0.00230)) and the residual was marginally better on the hatch.
  • Is it me or are people having trouble reading in here? Maybe we should change the font.

My reply about 2.5i base numbers was not directed to you. That's why it says "Replying to: r129" not "Replying to: blueguydotcom." I don't have any idea what the WRX numbers are. I didn't have any idea what the 2.5i base numbers were either. The only reason I RE-POSTED the 2.5i base numbers was because they were in plain sight 2 posts above.
  • Dang, lighten up. Seriously. have a pop tart.

My sincerest apologies for the 10 seconds it took you to read my post. I will consider 3 hail marys and a meal for an orphan as penance.
  • You were the one who jumped all over me. "THEY ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT CARS." Sound familiar? Now excuse me while I go enjoy a Pop Tart.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I didn't notice him using any caps.

Mmm, hot filling, *ouch* burned my tongue. :D