Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza Lease Questions

Comments

• carbuyer34carbuyer34 Posts: 12
    Hi, The dealership bought the 06 impreza for resale.... Yes we could have bought the car for around 9,800 and resold for a profit.... we ended up leasing for 304.00 a month on a impreza 4dr special edition auto trans. We did let the dealer know what a sweet profit they were going to make on the 06 and we expect to be treated very well since our altima is coming off lease in Nov. and we plan on leasing another subaru. I'll let you know how that works out!!!!!
  • Mr. Car_Man,

Looking to lease a 2010 WRX this month and would like to know what the money factor and residual value is for the base model for both 10,000 and 12,000 miles?

Thanks

GreatScott
  • carbuyer34carbuyer34 Posts: 12
    Scott, If you don't mind what is the monthly payment you are being quoted for the wrx? Thanks
  • I'm not being quoted anything yet. I want to know as much as possible before talking to the salesman.

... based on previous values of .57 and .00205 living in CA with zero down payment my math tells me I should be looking at a payment of $413.01.
  • thebradthebrad Posts: 16
    Hello Car Man:
    Could you please provide the June lease rates for a 2010 wrx STI hatchback at 15k per year for 36 & 42 months (Subaru seems to like the 42 month term and typically provides good deals on it).

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hey GreatScott. Here's the info that you're looking for. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 WRX with 12,000 miles per year are .00100 and 56%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here you go thebrad. Subaru's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 WRX STi Hatchback with 15,000 miles per year are .00185 and 57%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00160 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Are these rates standard for Subaru or do they fluctuate from dealership to dealership?
  • 996twint996twint Posts: 10
    Hello,
    Could I get the STI Special Edition residual and money factor for 36 and 42 months, 10k miles?
    Thanks.
  • viper92viper92 Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am looking at getting into my first lease on a 2010 Impreza Outback Sport. I am trying to get some info on the current money factor and residual value for the car. I also wanted to know if there are any special incentives (cashback) currently available? The lease would be in Washington State.

Thanks,
    Lawrence
  • denwhatdenwhat Posts: 4
    edited July 2010
    Hey car man, any info on 2011 WRX pricing? I know they just released the pricing this week, but I wanted to know how the leases would look like.

Their current lease offers every pretty competitive and was wondering if the 2011's are going to be a lot higher.
    Hello Lawrence. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I am not aware of any cash incentives on leases of this model in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi denwhat. I've seen Subaru's lease program for the 2011 Legacy and Outback, but I haven't seen it for the 2011 Impreza yet. I'll make some calls and see if I can find anything out for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you so much car man.

This would be very helpful since while I like the 2011 wrx a lot more than the 2010, but if it was a lot more money then the 2010, I may not be able to realistically afford it and would need to pick up a 2010 before they run out of inventory.
  • I'm also interested in knowing the residuals for the wrx limited 5-door. For some reason I hear they are keeping them extremely secret. If you can let me know
    edited August 2010
    No problem denwhat. Here's what I was able to find out for you.

Chase's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Impreza 2.5iStandard Sedan with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00140 and 63%, respectively.

I haven't seen anything on the '11 WRX yet.

Car_man
    Host
  • I was wondering, when it becomes available, the money factor and residual value on a 2011 wrx 5-door with 12000 miles/year for 42 months. Also wondering if anyone can suggest what's better overall for initial monthly payments and prospective buyout having a 36 or 42 months lease.
    Thanks, but I was more looking towards a WRX. I actually called up a few dealers the other day, they dont have anything on '11 WRX leasing yet either :(

And pstelzel, I am actually in the same boat as you. From my research on '10 pricing (since '11 info isint out yet). Leasing will end up coasting around $1,000-$2,000 more overall if you end up buying it after 4 years. However, with leasing you can just put down a very low or no down payment at all. In order to get a payment in the low 300s with financing, you would need to put a down payment of around $10,000 for a 5 year loan.

Personally I think I am going to stick with leasing since I rather have more cash flow now.
  • Yeah I hear ya. I plan on putting about $5000 down and from the info I got from the dealership (basing figures from a 2010) payments SHOULD be around $230/month. I would rather take the $1000 hit really then dish out $350+ a month. I like to have some money in my pocket at the end of the month.
  • Hi,

I am in the market to lease either 2011 Impreza WRX Limited 5-dr Hatch or 2011 Impreza STI 5-dr Hatch in SE region.

Can someone help out with residual, money factor, and incentive for $0 Down, 12000 miles per year for 36 months for the above mentioned models?

Thanks-in-advance!
  • Hi everyone. Someone please help verify if the offer below is good.

$20600 for a 2011 Impreza Outback Sport Auto, no other options

-10K/36 months lease
    -about $2000 payment for bank fee/1st month pmt/dmv fees/tax

Monthly payment is $263
    buyoff amount is about $14700 at end of lease

Is this offer a good deal or I should negotiate more?

Anyone know the residual value and money factor for this car?

Thanks!
  • Dear CARMAN,
    Ok, it is sept 13 now and I know that some 2011WRX hit the showroom floor already.
    I am looking to lease a 2011 WRX 5 door. Basic, not Premium or Limited.
    I live in Houston, TX and the 2 dealers are Gillman and West Houston Subaru.
    What is the residual value and money factor for 2011 WRX 5door for the minimum mileage on 36 and 48 months.
    And also, since I am total newbie to the lease, how do I calculate my monthly payment with those numbers. I do not intend to put any money down.
    I have seen an offer online for 309/mo x 48 months with $2000 down, but I think it is much better to do the 36mo instead.
    Your help is HIGHLY appreciated.
    Thanks!
  • Here you go, pstelzel.

Chase's current lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month lease of a base 2011 Subaru WRX 5-Door with 12,000 miles per year are .00250 and 59%, respectively.

I suspect that a 42 month lease will provide you with a lower monthly payment than a 36 month lease on this vehicle. The problem is that Subarus come standard with 3-year bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage. If you lease for longer than 36 months you might have to pay to make repairs out of your own pocket if something goes wrong with your vehicle that isn't covered.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi spftw. Chase's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 WRX 5-Door Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00250 and 60%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a WRX STi are .00250 and 66%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello dragosdor. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Chase's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 Subaru WRX 5-Door with 15,000 miles per year are .00250 and 61%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00250 and 53%.

If I was in the market for this car, I personally would go with the 36 month lease, because Subarus only come standard with a 3 year bumper-to-bumper warranty.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum</i
  • tptmantptman Posts: 11
    Here is the vehicle on which this message is based: 2011 Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-Door Hatchback, with Auto Trans, Power Moonroof Value Package, All Weather Floor Mats, and Cargo Tray - Off Black.

36 month Subaru (Chase ) lease with 10K miles per year.

I am showing the MSRP (using Edmunds) as being $21,360, but a dealer is telling me that the MSRP is $22,710 due to the fact that there is a $1,350 Subaru discount on the moonroof package that must be added to the $21,360. He is also giving me a money factor of .00175 and a residual value of $14,319.90 (63%) (based on the $22,710 "MSRP") Allegedly, the selling price of the car is $20,600 and he quoted the bank fee at $595.00. He also quoted $1,030.00 for a Subaru added security plan. The last part of the equation is my trade-in, which he said is worth $4,305.00. That would be applied as a "cap cost reduction".

With all of that said, he is coming up with a monthly payment of $199.18 and all three of the lease calculators I use say it should be $168.94 with the added security plan. Without the plan, the payment drops to $136.09.

Has anyone else heard of the MSRP being calculated the way this guy is doing it? Also, is Subaru's Added Security Plan worth the money? The way I see it, if the vehicle will be covered by the standard factory warranty for the entire lease term, is it possible that I would spend $1,030.00 for other routine maintenance if I only drive 10K miles per year?

Thanks and sorry for the long message. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Good Morning Car Man,

Do you happen to know the residual % and money factor for a 2011 Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-door hatchback? Also are there any discounts or incentives on moonroof packages or other accessories?

Thanks!
  • I shopped for this vehicle on internet but I think I got a good deal by negotiaitng in person.
    2011 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
    MSRP with all factory options $22,516
    42m 10K a year
    Residual 63%
    Money factor 0.0018
    Selling price $19,780
    Total paid on signing $1000.00
    Monthly payment $211.31 plus 6% tax=224.00

it is cheaper than a lease on the same vehicle I had in 1998 (MSRP then was may be $19,900 or so)
    Anyone know if subaru has a special "sticker discount" on the Power Moonroof Value Package?, thereby reducing the MSRP?

Also for a 36 mo/10K miles per yr lease on a 2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-Door Hatchback with Power Moonroof Value package, what is the current subaru leasing money factor and residual percentage?

Thanks.
  • Hello tptman. Subaru's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Impreza 2.5i Premium Hatchback with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 60%, respectively.

Subaru's cash incentives on leases vary by region. If you tell me what state you are in I would be happy to try to find out what the exact cash incentives are in your area.

Car_man
    Host