Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza Lease Questions

Comments

• lch77lch77 Posts: 53
    True you can do that with a lease calculator after you get those factors, but the only place I've been able to find out what they are is when Car Man posts them. Also, I believe your numbers are for the Outback, not the Imprezza Outback Sport, correct?

My lease factor is not used to determine what the lease is but "is it a good deal?" And this is "is it a good deal versus any car you can lease" versus "is it a good deal" on this particular car." My deal was based on $1000 under Invoice, a .00220 MF and an approximate 58% residual. I think it was about as good as can be had for THIS car in March/April 2009 so in that perspective, it was a good deal, but the lease factor of only 74 tells me that there are better deals out there for other cars.

If you go to Suburu's website, you see a lease offer that gives a lease factor of over 100. Well, at fist that looks great compared to my 74 but requires $1120 down and only 12K miles. Even with that, it's pretty good as to get that rate they used a 62% residual and an approximate .00180 MF. Delete the down payment and increase the miles to 15K and comparable lease goes to about $220 or a lease factor of 82, which I think is pretty good.

So how can they advertise a 84 factor when i only got a 74%? Probably, the OBS has options that don't residualize as well and they used a "teaser" MF to get you into the store.
  • chuck68516chuck68516 Posts: 195
    Those are the numbers I have for the Impreza Outback Sport (9LK) as well. 57% & .220

You could finance this car through Subary at 2.9% for 60 months wiith a payment of $376. Then you could claim the sales tax (financed in) as a deduction on your 2009 Income Tax Return.
  • lch77lch77 Posts: 53
    Wow, I didn't realize that the monthly payment for purchase was that close to the lease. However, for my circumstances the lease works out much better. It is a business car and the IRS rules for a business lease are much simpler than those for a business purchase. I figure with the Section 179 bonus it would be less expensive for the business to buy it, but, as i said, I find it too complicated. To buy a car, I find it easier to purchase it personally and have the business pay me back using the IRS mileage rate even though it is probably too low for all but the cheapest cars. However, this year's Sales Tax deduction does help.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Congratulations on getting your new Impreza, wonwayout. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Real world examples of payments are always extremely helpful for community members who are in the market for similar vehicles. If you have the time, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • skaswing17skaswing17 Posts: 6
    Car _Man

What are the money factors and residuals this month for a 12K, 36 month, manual, 5 door Impreza base, premium, WRX base, and WRX premium? Any rebates, or lease cash available? Thanks

SKASWING17
  • I have the same question as the above WRX 5 door, base maybe premium but am interested in 15k miles. I have a small business so leasing is easier to account.

Also with the financing it is not clear to me what the terms are 2.9 for 36 months? then 3.9 for x?

At .15/ mile penalty fee, is it always better to negotiate extra mileage into the lease or just hold the money and pay it at the end of three years? Thanks
    Hi skaswing17. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Impreza 5-Door Premium with manual transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00120 and 53%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 WRX Wagon base are .00270 and 53%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 WRX Wagon Premium are .00270 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi oaklandmatt. If you are interested in leasing a similar vehicle, please see my previous post for the information that you are looking for. Subaru's residual values for leases with 15,000 miles per year are 1% lower than its 12,000 mile per year resids.

As far as this car's special financing offer goes, I believe that it is now 2.9T for up to 6 years.

If you believe that you will need to drive more than 15,000 miles per year it probably will be to your benefit to purchase additional miles at lease signing. Most banks provide lessees with a discount per mile versus what they would have to pay as an excess mileage penalty at lease-end for doing so.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car Man,
    Thanks for your information. I am pretty close to pulling the trigger on a Wagon 9LO? Base at 23750 with nothing down financing over the full 72 months. Looks like a better deal to me than the lease at the moment and then I don't have to even think about the mileage. I am considering a wagon with the short shifter and armrest for 24150. Thanks!

Matt
  • Hello everyone, I am from Texas, and would like to find out what is the money factor and residual % for a 2009 subaru impreza outback sport (9LK) for this month. That would be a 36 mth lease with 12k miles/yr limit. Do you think leasing is a better deal than buying at this time, or what's the scoop?
    Thanks!
  • rws0131rws0131 Posts: 27
    Carman,

Do you know what the June numbers are for a 36 month lease on the 2009 WRX Premium 4-door with 15,000 miles as far as residual and money factor?

Thanks,

RWS
    Hi nightcrawler29. Here's the information that you're looking for. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Impreza Outback Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 57%, respectively.

This lease program isn't bad. I personally like leasing, so I probably would go that route rather than financing it at 2.9% for 6 years at this point, but you rreally can't go wrong with either option.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, RWS. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 WRX Premium 4-door without navigation with 15,000 miles per year are .00245 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • ausdtechausdtech Posts: 37
    Hi Car_man,

Any chance of getting the rate and residual for both base and premium impreza 5-door with manual transmission.

2 years 24k miles and 3/36

I'm in northern california if the programs vary by region.

Thanks!
  • jabibi100jabibi100 Posts: 1
    What would it cost to lease a Subaru iimpreza 2.5i premium or 2.5 GT with the following features?

Manual 5 - speed transmission (2.5i premium) Automatic 4 speed (2.5 GT)
    5 - Door option
    Front underspoiler
    Deck Lid Spoiler
    iPod Interface
    Subwoofer/Amplifier
    Rear Bumper Molding
    Splash Guard Kit
    Body Side Molding
    Short Throw Shifter (2.5i Premium)
    Tail Pipe Cover
    Rear Underspoiler
    Bumper Cover
    Roof Carrioer Base
    SPT Exhaust System (2.5GT)
  • Thank you for the info Car man. At this point I'm ready to pull the trigger on the impreza outback sport. What is the best way to approach the dealers? I plan on sending out a mass email to several subaru dealers around my location and give them a deadline to respond. What would be the best way to do this?
    Thanks
  • So I tried to pull the trigger on an 09 impreza OBS, but it turns out that there was only one car with the color I wanted in the entire state..... why is it so hard to find the sage green metallic color?? I'm yet to see one on the road, so they don't seem to get many of those I suppose. But anyway, a dealer told me that one would be arriving on Monday. So I'm wondering if there are any attractive incentives this month considering its almost 4th of July. I would love to see a 0% apr offer or maybe even more rebates than the $1500. I hear that the 2010's are coming in in August, so I'm thinking they should be offering good incentives to clear the 09's. Do you guys think $18800 before TTL is a good deal?
  • rws0131rws0131 Posts: 27
    Carman,

Did the MF and Residuals change for July for the 2009 Impreza WRX Premium 4-door for 36 months/15,000 per year? They were .00245 and 52%

Thanks,

RWS
    Hi ausdtech. Here's the information that you're looking for. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Impreza 2.5i Wagon with a manual transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00120 and 51%, respectively. The numbers for a lease of an '09 Impreza Wagon Premium with a manual transmission are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jabibi100. I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on this car for you, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its MSRP and either its dealer invoice price or approximate selling price first. You can find that information over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host