Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    No problem, nightcrawler29. If I was in the market for a new Subaru, I personally would do some research here on Edmunds.com to figure out exactly how much I wanted to pay and then go visit a couple local dealers in person. Dealers take shoppers who are on their lots a lot more seriously than they do phone calls or e-mails. If a dealer agreed to sell me the Impreza for the price that I wanted to pay, I'd do the deal. If not, I'd shop around some more.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here's the information that you're looking for, rws0131. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Impreza WRX Premium 4-door with 15,000 miles per year are still the same in July, .00245 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • HI car_man: Here's where I am with negotiations on a fairly loaded 2.5i premium in Northeast Ohio.

trade-in valued at 7000 but haven't negotiated that yet.

msrp: 21,199
    Sale Price - 20,614
    rate factor .00170
    residual 11,387.48.

Showing a 153 - 158/mo lease (36/12). How does this check out with what you know right now?

Thanks!
  • j_smith1j_smith1 Posts: 14
    Does anyone know what the residual is on a 24mo lease on the base 2009 WRX? Sedan or Wagon?
    Thanks.
  • Hi zschille. Are you interested in getting a 4 door or a 5 door Impreza. It matters because there is a difference in the incentives that are available on them. In August, Subaru was providing $1,000 on the 5 door Impreza 2.5i Premium and $1,500 on the Impreza 2.5i 4 door premium. Which ever model you want, make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your vehicle's selling price.

You should be able to negotiate a dealer discount on top of these cash incentives. If I was in the market for an Impreza right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 over dealer invoice minus any available cash incentives. You can look up the exact invoice price of the car that you are interested in over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

I see that you are considering trading in your current vehicle when leasing your new one. There's nothing wrong with trading something in when leasing, just make sure to have the dealer cut you a check for your trade rather than using the proceeds as a capitalized cost reduction for your new lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello j_smith1. Subaru's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 WRX Sedan with 15,000 miles per year were .00280 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 WRX Wagon were .00280 and 54%.

Subaru's August lease program just expired yesterday. It is scheduled to publish its new September program at some point this afternoon. I would be happy to give you an update on these cars' Sept. numbers if you're interested. Just let me know.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car Man, do you have the MF and residual value for the new 2010 impreza premium trim hatchback? Thank you. -pat
  • I certainly do Pat. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Impreza Sedan Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 58%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_Man, would you be so kind as to provide me with the following MF and Res please?

2009 WRX STi 12k & 15k 36/39mth lease
    2010 WRX STi 12k & 15k 36/39mth lease

Also are there any applicable offers/holdback/discounts?

thank you

John
  • Car_man,

Do you have the lease rates and residuals for 24 and 36 month leases with 10,000 per year for the 2010 Impreza Outback Sport?

Thanks.
  • Hi John. Here's the information that you're looking for. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 WRX STi with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 55%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00190 and 53%.

This car's residual values would be 1% higher if you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year.

Subaru is not providing support on leases of the 2009 model any longer, so you really don't want to lease that one.

The 2010 Impreza does not currently have any cash incentives available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey djhalptert. Here's the information that you're looking for. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Outback Sport with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 54%, respectively.

For some reason Subaru is not currently providing support on two year leases, so you definitely do not want to lease this car for that term.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi, I was wondering what the residual and money factors are on the following:

2010 Impeza WRX Sedan Premium, 36mo, 10k miles and 12k miles
    2010 Impeza WRX Sedan, 36mo, 10k miles and 12k miles

Thanks
  • wondering lease info for
    12,000 mi/yr for either a 5door premium auto
    or a outback sport
  • Thankyou Car_man, you are the man!

John
  • Hi nicu2001. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a WRX Sedan Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00155 and 54%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '10 WRX Sedan Base are .00155 and 57%.

If you were to lease either of these cars with only 10,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go xhcxkid. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Impreza 5-Door Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 55%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 Outback Sport are .00190 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
  • No problem zeebrock :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • jnkohjnkoh Posts: 23
    Hi Carman
    Do you have the lease numbers for the a 2010 Impreza 2.5i auto with 10K miles/year for 3 years? are their any rebates for December? Are there better deals on a 2009? thanks
  • Hi jnkoh. Here's the information that you're looking for. Subaru's current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Impreza 2.5i with 10,000 miles per year are .00155 and 59%, respectively.

Subaru is not currently providing any cash incentives on the '10 Impreza. It does have cash on the '09 model, but no lease support.

Car_man
    Host