Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza Lease Questions

Comments

• hi all,

the current incentive program listed below will expire on Jan 4th. Any word what would be the next one? Any manufacture to dealer rebates? :confuse:

http://www.edmunds.com/incentives/RebateController?step=2&modelId=100525470&setz- ip=11209&state=NY&tid=edmunds.n.incentivesindex.incentives.2.2.Subaru*

Thanks,
    Greg
  • dhamiltondhamilton Posts: 873
    I really wanted this to be my next car but the insurance is more than my 47k BMW 335. It really becomes a wash for me in terms of trying to reduce my monthly nut.
  • Carman,

Could you you provide the current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease on a 2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport with 12,000mi per year. Also, are there are any incentives currently available on this vehicle from Subaru?

Lastly, with respect to the money factor and residual value, are these items that the dealership will bargain on or are they fixed by the financing company that the dealership uses?

Thanks.
  • Here you go, whyasky. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Impreza Outback Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00170 and 57%, respectively.

Subaru is providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car in certain areas. If you let me know what state you are in, I should be able to find out whether this cash is available in your neck off the woods.

I don't believe that Chase, that's who Subaru runs its special lease program through now, allows dealers to mark up its lease money factors so you probably won't run into dealers jacking up this rate on you. Still, it is always good to know as much information as possible when negotiating a lease. The dealer could try to claim that the money factor that they have to use is higher than it is and try to charge you more for the car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Many thanks Car_man! This will help with the preparation.
  • You're welcome, whyasky. I'm glad that I was able to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
  • Very limited experience leasing. Have a question, probably a dumb one. Want to lease a WRX or WRX Premium (5 door). 36 months. 15k a year. No other options.
    Quoted $437 a month with $1350 down on base model. Quoted $524 a month with $1,409 down on Premium. MSRP on base $26,082.

My buddy leased a Infiniti G37S last year with a couple of grand down and a payment of $540 a month for 36 months at 15k a year. His car's MSRP was $44k.

Am I missing something here? Why is the WRX so expensive to lease?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Infiniti may have had lease incentives.

Subarus actually have good residuals - they won the ALG award for best mainstream brand.
  • Bizarrely, the dealer told me "the WRX has poor residuals and does not lease well as Subaru knows the condition that most vehicles will come back in considering their performance characteristics".......

Does anyone know what would would reasonably expect to pay?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    You might want to shop a different dealership.

Check this out:

https://www.alg.com/deprratings.aspx

Impreza gets 5 stars for residuals, best possible score.

Having said that, the Infiniti G37 also gets 5 stars, and Infiniti may have had more incentives (low interest or lease cash).
  • Hi Car_Man...could you please provide the following lease residuals and money factors? Thanks in advance!!

2010 WRX 5-Door Premium

24 Mos - 10K Miles (or lowest mileage allowance)
    36 Mos - Same Parameters

2010 WRX 5-Door Limited

24 Mos - 10K Miles (or lowest mileage allowance)
    36 Mos - Same Parameters

Thanks again! :)
  • ike3ike3 Posts: 81
    Hello car_man...could you please provide the following lease residuals and money factor for the Impreza? I live in western NY state. This is for the the Premium, 2.5 engine, automatic transaxle, with moonroof and heated seats/mirrors.
    Thanks!

24 months-12K miles and 15K miles
    36 months-12K miles and 15K miles
  • I'm not sure its' poor residuals are due to an issue with end of lease condition. More likely they just know the demand for the WRX is always high and that's one way of detering people from leasing. Other manufacturers do this to their most popular models as well.
  • gsp5791gsp5791 Posts: 1
    Can someone please provide 2010 WRX sedan and hatchback money factor and residual value for 12k miles for March? I'm also curious to hear what deals other people are getting on these cars. Thanks
  • jkd111jkd111 Posts: 5
    I was told that on a 5-door WRX limited with 12K per year the residual was 55% and the money factor was a brutal .0026. I think the sedan was 54% and .0021.

These numbers are for a WRX limited. I would guess that the base model has better residuals since the lease info on the subaru website shows a base sedan at 55% for 42 months...not sure about the money factors on it.

Come on Subaru...your residuals are fantastic...give us a break on the rates!!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi jkd111. Subaru's current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 WRX 5-Door Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00210 and 55%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a WRX 5-Door Limited are .00210 and 56%.

Subaru is not providing lease support on two year leases so you definitely do not want to lease one for that term.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go ike3. Subaru's current lease money factor and residual value for a 2010 Impreza Sedan Premium 2.5 with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 59%, respectively.

You definitely do not want to lease this car for two years. Subaru has stopped providing support on any 24 month leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings gsp5791. Here's the information that you're looking for. Suabru's March lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 WRX Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00120 and 57%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a base 2010 WRX Hatchback are .00205 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi, can someone provide the money factor and residual value for the 2010 Impreza 2.5i auto hatchback with 10k miles/year for 36 - 39 months for March or April? Thanks.
  • johnyangjohnyang Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    Hello, Car_Man
    Could you please provide the lease residuals and money factors for 2010 Impreza 2.5i and 2.5i premium? 12,000miles/year - 36month
    I am living in Lehigh Vellay, PA, 18018

Thanks in advance!!